AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 4: Brands Hatch | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 4: Brands Hatch

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
wow wow wow....I DID IT!!!!!! PODIUM!!!! SCENESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D:D

Q: binned my first lap on the penultimate corner and got a bend front wing...so i did a toe to the pit and then the game decided that my outlap was my 2nd flying lap!!! LOL :D so had to start at the back again really need to stop doing that LOL

R1 feature: had to start from the back and kept it clean...but allthough I cant think of any contact my car felt pretty shite understeery I could only do 21's that was shitty pace....so when I saw that it wasn't going anywhere I just cruised to the finish line and allmost binned my car on the 2nd to last lap whahahaha LOL but managed to continue...then I felt it was better to let jarno through so me and @Tye could have a front row lockout for the sprint race :D

R2: start was clean and ok and allready got away from slipstream range of jarno but also @Tye was pretty much gone...then I made some small mistakes and tye was really away....then @Hugo came up from behind and I tried to give him a bit of a run for his money :) but knew it was useless and better could focus on keeping @Erti147 behind me....luckily i managed to do see he seemed to drop off a bit on pace towards the end....and then @Gunar Nijenhuis was showing up and I knew it was useless to defend him aswell but i was SOOOOOOOOOO gutted because I lost my podium there.....and then I heard my engineer telling me there was someone off...and unfortunately it was my teammate @Tye we could have had a great double result here :( but well I am glad that he gave me the final podium spot....

Now I am just over the moon...and going to drink a beer....or 6

p.s red bull messaged me...I can stay :D
Haha nice story m8. Well deserved victory.

Reactions: Lorrentz

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
Lap Leader Stats
Feature Race: Kweekel - 28, Silvasti - 1, Kessler - 1
Sprint Race: Macleod - 14, Preto - 5
Season Top 5: Kweekel - 74, Silvasti - 30, Preto - 26, Nijenhuis - 22, Macleod - 14
Total Laps: 199
Cowey - 12, Godin - 8, Plumley - 7, Tierney - 3, Martinsen - 2, Kessler - 1
Records Update
Martinsen becomes the first driver to reach 100 GPs (101),
Reid overtakes Plumley for 2nd place for total entries (99 and 98 respectively),
Reid and Imray tie with Plumley for 3rd place for total finishes (78).

Last edited:

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
Although accidents can always happen, I do think that the stewarts should proactively look into these massive lap 1 crashes, because this indeed has got to stop. We look like a bunch of morons on stream.

Completely agreed. Get through nice and clean and everyone benefits from having a full laps race. Better to give the position than allout risk defending in the 1st turn. As said, if you arr faster you will get your chamce. If youre slower than lets say the first 7/8 and start at the front (reversed grid) just defend but give it up if needed. Just learn from others instead of this mess.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Guys, this has to stop. Seriously.
wow...just saw it back on the coverage....unbelievable scenes...so happy I was in front for this one....totally agree with you that this has to stop this one was making Keanie look like an amateur :D

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
wow...just saw it back on the coverage....unbelievable scenes...so happy I was in front for this one....totally agree with you that this has to stop this one was making Keanie look like an amateur :D
Unbelieveable that you were not a part of it...

• Funny

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
9th and 4th eh, what a night

Feature was pretty boring but sprint race had a bit more action. If I didn't **** ma pants seeing that I might get my best result ever, then me n @Lorrentz could of had a titanic battle. 4th place am very happy with though :D

There was one point with under 10 minutes to go in the sprint race where I was very close to disconnecting, my mood could be so different lol

Genuine mistake in practice chat btw hahaha belter @Hoff

In conclusion, get the cock out

• Winner
Reactions: Lorrentz and Hoff

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Unfortunately this round will mainly be remembered for the massive crash in the sprint race and @Lorrentz getting a maiden league podium.(y)
(It's at the point just before the crash starts)
Though for some reason this came to mind just after the crash took place;):

frejo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2015
Although accidents can always happen, I do think that the stewarts should proactively look into these massive lap 1 crashes, because this indeed has got to stop. We look like a bunch of morons on stream.

Congrats on p3 @Lorrentz and @Hugo for the win in the sprint race!
Also congrats to the podium in race 1.

Soooo unlucky @Tye :( too bad mate
Well said!

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
I was lucky to survive. I had to have some damage in the car because on some corners it was feeling like it had 1 rear wheel, then that snap on last turn happened what is usually corner where it understeers. But i was hitting all the gerps so it was expected.
My overtakes were not very serious but had to try something. Next track should be better :D

Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Gutted :( probably the toughest nights racing ive had, been feeling ill all week and just struggled to focus.

Feature race was pretty embarrassing really, 3 or 4 spins and i hit luke, again sorry for that man i got loose after adjusting when silvio came out the pits.

Sprint race was so good! I actually thought i was going to have 2 podiums in 2 weeks but it wasnt to be. Got a little too bumpy and spun it into a wall while shouting "NOOOOOO"

Well done @Lorrentz on your first podium mate :). Also to echo what gunar has said either people need to calm down on lap 1 or something needs to be done about these pile ups.

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
Feature race was pretty embarrassing really, 3 or 4 spins and i hit luke, again sorry for that man i got loose after adjusting when silvio came out the pits.
Honestly wasn't too bothered by that point. Summed up the evening and you quite clearly didn't mean it or wasn't trying anything stupid. Just went a bit wrong.

What did bother me was when I was cheering you on in the sprint race and you spun into the barrier. I was properly gutted.

Reactions: Tye

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Honestly wasn't too bothered by that point. Summed up the evening and you quite clearly didn't mean it or wasn't trying anything stupid. Just went a bit wrong.

What did bother me was when I was cheering you on in the sprint race and you spun into the barrier. I was properly gutted.
I'm sorry I let you down :(

Reactions: Hoff

RandyMcScrandy1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Very interesting day for me yday, my iRacing glitched in quali so i only got one lap in, which was my outlap lol. Started p31, up to p14 I think it was by the end of lap 1, probably the best lap of racing I've ever done. However two cars then came together infront of me and I had nowhere to go, ending my race. Race 2 I started p32 and was p11 by the end of lap 1 however with damage. From that point on I just chased, the fw damage cost me ever so slightly but I was more lucky than some and came home in p6. Really needed that to not happen considering I've already used my two drop rounds but oh well such is life.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Having spent the morning pondering the carnage, as well as the remaining tracks we have this season.

I think we really need to crack down on this. Every round so far has had a major crash on lap 1. I suggest we give it another go but if the same happens then a rethink is needed. Either a lap behind the pace car and a single file restart or something.

It's worth pointing out, before anybody comes out with anything stupid. These incidents have not had anything to do with the reverse grid, in a sense that its the slow guys causing it.

Equally, the same incidents are likely to happen of all the drivers were really fast. Phil and Chris Holstein aren't slow drivers, yet their incident was the catalyst for carnage.

Such a poor image to send out for AOR. It doesn't make it easy for broadcast when they're left with a spread out grid of varying talents for 20 minutes because somebody has taken half the field out in a silly move/cant control their car.

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Having spent the morning pondering the carnage, as well as the remaining tracks we have this season.

I think we really need to crack down on this. Every round so far has had a major crash on lap 1. I suggest we give it another go but if the same happens then a rethink is needed. Either a lap behind the pace car and a single file restart or something.

It's worth pointing out, before anybody comes out with anything stupid. These incidents have not had anything to do with the reverse grid, in a sense that its the slow guys causing it.

Equally, the same incidents are likely to happen of all the drivers were really fast. Phil and Chris Holstein aren't slow drivers, yet their incident was the catalyst for carnage.

Such a poor image to send out for AOR. It doesn't make it easy for broadcast when they're left with a spread out grid of varying talents for 20 minutes because somebody has taken half the field out in a silly move/cant control their car.
I think the single file restart is a good idea. I've seen people mention a rolling start but I think that detracts from the racing a bit. Adding a quick fix might keep more people in the race, especially if last night is repeated, but I can see some objections to that.