AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 5: Interlagos | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 5: Interlagos

Silvio

Formula Karter
Dec 18, 2016
Friday 13th, good luck and bad luck for my races.

Race 1: started at 30th and finished at 28th. My first race here without an incident. Thank you for your patience and caution by passing me.

Race 2: was nearly over in lap 1 before turn 1 as I was hit by another car. I tried to continue my race after the pit stop, but my crew could not fixed my suspension. Very annoying!

• Agree
Reactions: Patrick Kessler

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
A night with mixed feelings. Could not avoid a crash (lap 2, t3) right in front of me in the feature race which costed me a top 15 finish. Had a descent pace there. In the sprint race i managed to get a lucky top 10 cuz off all the accidents. But still, if you want to finish first, you first got to finish.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Then had contact with @Kez while racing woth him and @Lorrentz. It sucks we connected Kerry but i really dont see what i could have done to avoid you, you were on the outside of laurens looking like you were gonna try completing the move out there so i cut to the inside then from my perspective you slowed more than usual and went for the apex when i was already on it.
The trouble I have is I'm literally having to be psychic predicting everyone's movements around me because my FOV is so far forward on one monitor. I was focusing so hard on getting it right with Laurens that by the time he even appeared on my screen, I had already been wiped out. I felt a little aggrieved yesterday because I spent the whole race struggling to work my way around people by giving those around me plenty of respect, and losing lots of time in the process. So you can appreciate I was a little miffed when I felt like I had just been barged into after finally getting a sniff of a decent result and setting myself up for a nice sprint race.

I get where you're coming from Tye on your perspective and it is just one of those things really, no hard feelings. Hopefully this will be resolved next time anyway because I bit the bullet this morning and purchased some new monitors so I can get a triple screen setup. I'm going to lose a lot of space on my desk but I hope it's worth it. Yesterday was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in traffic, because the speed difference with some drivers was quite vast in some cases and I was constantly having to second guess how fast people were going through the corners.

Reactions: Tye

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
the speed difference with some drivers was quite vast in some cases and I was constantly having to second guess how fast people were going through the corners.
You're a fast guy though Kerry and it's going to happen to you most weeks (I hope with a good main race finish), surely you knew it was going to be like this?

You can carry 2-3 tenths more pace through some corners than someone who qualifies just outside the top 10 let alone towards the rear of the pack.

I would have though you would be like a pig in **** snapping up positions barring any incidents :woot:

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
@Hoff Yes but the point I was making is that when I have no visual awareness of who is even beside me, I'm having to make up the corner as I go along and hope that I'm giving the other driver space or vice-versa. Triple screens will resolve this issue (barring I can fit them all in)

Hoff

Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
@Hoff Yes but the point I was making is that when I have no visual awareness of who is even beside me, I'm having to make up the corner as I go along and hope that I'm giving the other driver space or vice-versa. Triple screens will resolve this issue (barring I can fit them all in)
Fair enough. I used to race on a 24" monitor before the Rift and this was a complete nightmare for me. I thought you updated ages ago to triples?

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I cancelled the order because I had second thoughts about the space that it would take up. I've still got my doubts, but I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Reactions: Hoff

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
The trouble I have is I'm literally having to be psychic predicting everyone's movements around me because my FOV is so far forward on one monitor. I was focusing so hard on getting it right with Laurens that by the time he even appeared on my screen, I had already been wiped out. I felt a little aggrieved yesterday because I spent the whole race struggling to work my way around people by giving those around me plenty of respect, and losing lots of time in the process. So you can appreciate I was a little miffed when I felt like I had just been barged into after finally getting a sniff of a decent result and setting myself up for a nice sprint race.

I get where you're coming from Tye on your perspective and it is just one of those things really, no hard feelings. Hopefully this will be resolved next time anyway because I bit the bullet this morning and purchased some new monitors so I can get a triple screen setup. I'm going to lose a lot of space on my desk but I hope it's worth it. Yesterday was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in traffic, because the speed difference with some drivers was quite vast in some cases and I was constantly having to second guess how fast people were going through the corners.
Aye i sympathise with that man Ive only got the one screen too and at times it was a bit guess where others are. The fact i was trying to recover aswell as a super slippy track probably didnt help either.

Anyways onwards to Sebring hopefully thats a bit more enjoyable.

Hoff

Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
I cancelled the order because I had second thoughts about the space that it would take up. I've still got my doubts, but I'll give it a go and see what happens.
I think you'll struggle to go back when their on your desk!

As standard procedure states, we will need to see some pictures.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Well I've had a pretty epic past 2 weeks - 9th, 4th, 10th, 5th

First part of the first race I was slightly frustrated at not being able to get past Manuel and this meant Laurens was around messing up my plans lol. Once it settled down I had a 2 sec gap to Laurens with everyone else up the road....
I pitted early and came out in decent bit of space, overtook Richard and then that was basically the last car I saw in the race, 10th place.

Sprint race there was a bit of a mess coming out of Turn 3 and I made up some places - same thing with the rest of that lap and the next, there were a couple of 2 car incidents making me up places. Some faster guys caught up and passed, then @Robert Plumley had fallen back, albeit he had a couple of incidents with other cars. I was faster than Robert, out braking him into Turn 4 2 or 3 laps in a row, eventually I got in a good position to complete the pass for good.
When we got to that corner, Robert taking a look up the inside forced me wide, but I was hugging the kerb on the left and done nothing wrong. There was a tiny bit of netcode, but Rob didn't do nouts wrong either so just unlucky.

After that I was pulling away from Dylan and made a comfortable gap. Started to take it easy, bring it home y'know......
Was't really. I knew @Kez would be around somewhere, and I was ready for a fight but nooooooooooo........

So 5th it was, and another huge haul of points for me and the team.....team you say? Imagine if @frejo was actually in the session, we'd be like 4th or 5th in the team standings but nah Fredrik gotta have a life

Reactions: Lorrentz

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I think I got in contact last night with a record number of drivers. I got turned around by Patrick, then a lap later somebody else touched me, I got tapped by Fisi, I touched (possibly by) Phil.

Feature race was going well until I got spun round really, kinda hurt my race but oh well.

I ran quite low wings, 26/5 (or similar) and it really helped me on the straights, and it genuinely wasn't too bad through the corners either, had quite a nice balance tbh.

Had a fantastic last few laps with Richard Arnaud. He really made me work for that place and I was properly defending, and we had a drag race to the line which I won (surprised?), and with it got a measly one point.

Sprint race was going even better, one by one people got passed as a train behind me continued to grow. Had some fun holding up Jouni, which is purely due to attitudes, whereas Jereon I fought less, in fact I think I played a key role in getting those two close together on track in the first place.

Had some mega side by side with Fisi. Knew he wouldn't run me off the road and equally knew he'd leave space and as such we went side by side pretty much from Turn 6 and to the final corner before the back straight. Proper racing.

However, during this Laurens had had some incidents and had picked up damage, so when we came to the run between turn 3/4, he moved left which I understood to mean defending. Whereas I stayed on the line and got the tow from Fisi. Laurens then moved back over, so I stamped on the brakes and got a bit wobbly and spun. Laurens wasn't to blame for my spin, but he certainly unsettled my rhythm and alarmed me.

The spin really fucked me because there was so much traffic and as such I lost 14 seconds just trying to get going again. After that it just got worse. Picked up a couple of spots but only came home 14th. Gutted really because I felt I could have had more. That straight line speed I had was making it hard for those behind to make a pass, unless they got ballsy on the brakes on the outside for turn 1, which a few did.

Disappointed overall

Reactions: The Genius

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I think I got in contact last night with a record number of drivers. I got turned around by Patrick, then a lap later somebody else touched me, I got tapped by Fisi, I touched (possibly by) Phil.

Feature race was going well until I got spun round really, kinda hurt my race but oh well.

I ran quite low wings, 26/5 (or similar) and it really helped me on the straights, and it genuinely wasn't too bad through the corners either, had quite a nice balance tbh.

Had a fantastic last few laps with Richard Arnaud. He really made me work for that place and I was properly defending, and we had a drag race to the line which I won (surprised?), and with it got a measly one point.

Sprint race was going even better, one by one people got passed as a train behind me continued to grow. Had some fun holding up Jouni, which is purely due to attitudes, whereas Jereon I fought less, in fact I think I played a key role in getting those two close together on track in the first place.

Had some mega side by side with Fisi. Knew he wouldn't run me off the road and equally knew he'd leave space and as such we went side by side pretty much from Turn 6 and to the final corner before the back straight. Proper racing.

However, during this Laurens had had some incidents and had picked up damage, so when we came to the run between turn 3/4, he moved left which I understood to mean defending. Whereas I stayed on the line and got the tow from Fisi. Laurens then moved back over, so I stamped on the brakes and got a bit wobbly and spun. Laurens wasn't to blame for my spin, but he certainly unsettled my rhythm and alarmed me.

The spin really ****ed me because there was so much traffic and as such I lost 14 seconds just trying to get going again. After that it just got worse. Picked up a couple of spots but only came home 14th. Gutted really because I felt I could have had more. That straight line speed I had was making it hard for those behind to make a pass, unless they got ballsy on the brakes on the outside for turn 1, which a few did.

Disappointed overall
I watched back the situation on fis his stream...I didnt realize you were that close so i can imagine you got scared a bit when i got lined up back behind fis going into turn 4 you were pretty close so sorry for scaring the **** out of you...i actually thought you got messed up at the exit of t4 cause I got a bit of a wobble over that kerb... You would have ovetaken me eventually cuz my car was slower than a tortoise uphill with 12 buckets of **** around his neck :D

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I watched back the situation on fis his stream...I didnt realize you were that close so i can imagine you got scared a bit when i got lined up back behind fis going into turn 4 you were pretty close so sorry for scaring the **** out of you...i actually thought you got messed up at the exit of t4 cause I got a bit of a wobble over that kerb... You would have ovetaken me eventually cuz my car was slower than a tortoise uphill with 12 buckets of **** around his neck :D
It's the one move on iRacing I hate. When people move back on the racing line after defending or when they've attacked someone but not cleared them + a bit.

It's so stupid because I then can't see my braking point because all I can see if your gearbox and if you brake earlier than me, I will hit you and I will be blamed. Such a dangerous and stupid move.

Not stewards it because you're in enough trouble as it is. Just don't do it again :p

Reactions: Lorrentz

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Friday 13th, good luck and bad luck for my races.

Race 1: started at 30th and finished at 28th. My first race here without an incident. Thank you for your patience and caution by passing me.

Race 2: was nearly over in lap 1 before turn 1 as I was hit by another car. I tried to continue my race after the pit stop, but my crew could not fixed my suspension. Very annoying!

I was on the outside of you there, I saw a commotion but didn't realise it was that bad, these cars do like to explode from the slightest touch.

• Agree
Reactions: Silvio

Silvio

Formula Karter
Dec 18, 2016
I saw a commotion but didn't realise it was that bad, these cars do like to explode from the slightest touch.
Yes, that's right, but I wonder why sometimes you can hit a wall or an another car and nothing happens.
But mostly your car is damaged. I think, it's the angle, how you hit an object. Can somebody confirm this?