AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 11: Okayama | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 11: Okayama

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
I agree with you, if there was any contact, it would have been 100% my mistake, but since there is not, we can call this an agressive move. Also, the move wasn't plan at the start, iv'e braked too late, but when i saw that i was in the control of the car and able to go in the inside, i went for it.
Thats the point im trying to make man. You didnt make contact because i straightened up and GAVE you the room. I had every right to take the corner as normal and yes had we made contact you would still have been at fault and I'd be taking it to the stewards. You brake very late and turn early so you commited to the move early on. The fact you dont see this as a divebomb worries me because youve made very risky moves on lap 1 before around me and others this season and your still pulling it and acting like nothing is wrong. Anyone else in the situation you were in last night would have braked harder, earlier and hugged the inside to make the overtake safely especially since it was lap 1. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything here man but it makes me very nervous being wheel to wheel with you knowing whats happened earlier in the season and last night. I've made some stupid mistakes this season and previous ones I've done my best to learn from those mistakes and not go YOLO into every corner and every overtake and my results have benefited massively from it and I'd like to think I'm a bit more fun to race with and that others would have confidence to go wheel to wheel with me knowing I'm doing everything i can to make sure we BOTH make it through the corner.

Last edited:

Oscar_LM22

Pro Karter
May 26, 2017
Fun way to make a start in this series. Only decided to enter on Thursday evening so had little time to make much preparation in terms of setup or strategy. Only really got any practice in the warmup before Q in the evening conditions.

Q: Three pretty boring laps, filled with mistakes where I really should've been able to put it in the top 5. Not too bad though.

Feature: Got off to an okay start, held my own then got tagged by somebody drifting up the track in T5, sending me sideways, just getting it around but then heavy front wing damage resulting in my car being about 2 seconds a lap off pace. Fell to the back like a stone and just pushed until the earliest pit window opened. Jumped in, got fuel, took tyres like an idiot, forgetting to untick them. From there it was mainly about getting to the end, had a few good scraps with some people, some contact but that's racing and in the end didn't really affect anything. Got caught up in Christoph's half spin but luckily the car was fine.

Sprint: Starting 4th with the others being way further back, I knew I'd have to get ahead early. Though, stupidly I was 100% sure it was a 20 minute race, not 25, so I only took 15L. Bad launch but was 2nd at the end of lap 1 and eventually got by Alain after a great battle. Pulled away pretty quickly then saw my fuel, so I pretty much spent 3 or 4 laps clutching it mid straight and short shifting just to save. Went back to full tilt with short shifting for the mid race and then when Christian was behind I had to start clutching again and at one stage losing 2 or 3 seconds a lap to him just to make it. Crossed the line with 0.2L left and it started coughing before T2. Very lucky to take that.

Would like to race next week in Monza, but same as Mark, I don't really want to interfere in the championship standings too much. We'll see!

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I don't suppose anyone has the replay file from the feature race?