AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 12: Monza | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S5 - Round 12: Monza

Tekesh

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 5 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 11, 2015
I'll start of by doing what I should have done in the interview. (First time getting interviewed so I sorta forgot and I guess I was in some kinda shock :p)
I'd like to thank everyone for a great season and championship and especially Rene and @Christian Koch for what became an insane close finish. There was allot of things that played out in my favor today!

I race allot in the official Renault series too, but that doesn't come close to the excitement that I get from racing here. I'm not even sure I would still be doing iRacing if it wasn't for this league!

Early in the season I was already way behind the lead and I was 100% I wouldn't be even close to fighting for the win, but somehow with allot of consistent finishing and bagging my first ever win it happened, and considering how many great racers that are racing here I'm really stoked about this.

Maybe I should do a Rosberg now and quit while I'm at the top?:D
Naaah that wouldn't really be me and I'm already looking forward to next season and with the addition of a few new guys that are lighting fast I'm sure that it won't get any easier to get the top position, but I sure as h* will try!

Hey @Osterkamp, I hope you don't dwell on this for too long cause I expect you to be up there fighting for next season. Its always fun racing against you and if there is someone I really hope win a championship its you. (Maybe Gunar too, but I'm not sure yet:p)

I'd also like to thank the GSRC guys (@HardDrop, @Bill "Soup" Zahn - GSRC ) for some really great broadcasting. I always enjoy watching the stream after the race has finished, unless I'm raging after a poor finish :p.

P.s: I hope I'm not too much of an annoyance during the practice sessions. My number one hobby is sim-racing and my number two hobby is terrorising people and with the short attention span I seem to have I need something to do in between my laps. :)

Last edited:

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
@Synergi You better put that #1 on your car next season or I'll be disappointed - the previous champions either leave or want to keep their other number lol

• Agree
Reactions: Stevie

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
I'll make this short:

Race 1: Got tagged in T1, resulting in a pretty lime green car causing a pile-up (never happened before *cough*). Once damage repaired bottled the easiest sprint pole in the history of this league.
Race 2: No progress at all in the first few laps, then caught up to a battle between @Era and @Erti147 which ended quickly as well since I had to mount some kerbs to avoid contact. Alain let me through after that, so that's fine with me. After that mainly was looking at the championship battle rather than concentrating on driving.

On more positive notes: Congrats to @Synergi on winning the championship, very happy for you man! :) Heartbreaking as well to see Rene getting disqualified on the last lap, couldn't have been more dramatic with Christian coming out of nowhere into it as well. Quantum Motorsport will probably change name + livery since @Minimariner is now our team owner!
Thanks everyone for another cool season, see you in two weeks or at Le Mans or wherever! :)

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Season stats:

@FisiFan91 drove most clean races with a total of 5 races 0x
Three drivers tight on the fastest laps @Osterkamp @Kez and @Mitti87
@Gunar Nijenhuis scored most pole positions with a total of 3
without drop weeks applied @Synergi would be the champion also but @Osterkamp would be 2nd ahead of @Christian Koch

Thanks a lot guys for another great season...although it was not for me personally...looking forward to Season 6 and Zandvoort especially :drool:
@Tye you had some great races m8 looking forward for a much better season coming up..also all the best with you , your wife and the new little mrs or mr Macleod in the upcoming days :)

Maybe I'll see some of you on track next week @ 24 hours of le mans....we won't be racing AOR team orange since Janick, Gunar and Jarno cannot make it...so I'll drive for another team. Well all the best of luck !

Cheers!!!

Osterkamp

4-time AOR iRacing Open Wheel Champion
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2015
It´s been now almost exactly 2 years since i started racing in this league. And the very first race was at Monza. Back then i qualified 23rd with 2 seconds of pace. Now seeing my progress over these 2 years and having the chance to close out the Championship at Monza in truely magnificent.
Beeing so close to actually win the Championship and then lose it the way i did. Is really sad. But on the other hand my goal here at AOR was never to win the Championship. My Goal was always to improve on a weekly basis and having fun and fair races on friday. And i think i did that really well in the last 2 years.

Race report for the sprint race. Lap 1 went basically perfect. I took it really easy and gained a few positions. But on lap 2 in Turn 1 i was in the middle of a traffic jam. I hit the guy infront of me and the guy behind me hit my rear. I got a broken wing and a broken rear diffusor. With that my top speed decreased to 233 kp/h and therefore dropping down the field like a stone. On the last lap Lee passed me into turn 1 and i´m not sure if he was to slow or what not but i hit him gaining another 4x and with a total of 12/13 on the last lap i lost it and in the 2nd chicane i got the last off track.

I wanna thank the organizers and everyone else participating in this league. <3 <3 <3

See ya all hopefully in the next season.

PS: Sorry for my little outburst in the voice chat in the sprint race. Accidentally hit my wheel and broke the button for voice chat.

Mark Forte

Pro Karter
Oct 9, 2016
Thanks Guys another fantastic championship Congratulations to the Champion Christian
Last nights finale I was very much looking forward too I had I thought a really good balance and setup which I was hoping for a strong race. The feature Race was strange for me as I morphed onto the grid my internet went erratic everyone briefly disappeared then as all the cars reappeared I was black flagged for jumping the start. I was well annoyed but took the start and after getting through the chaos of the start was running in 13th position battling with my teammate (Sorry Ben for losing it at turn 1 got the move done then lost control on the exit) race over.

Sprint race solid drive finished 23rd but strung some consistent laps I have big problems with lag I'm hoping one of you lovely people may have the answer I've moved from Sky Broadband 5 mbs but iracing acceptable now I'm on Virgin 200 mbs and laggy as **** I need to sort this before next season as whenever I'm running behind anyone so laggy cars disappear and I'm clueless where anyone is then reappear luckily I've not crashed into anyone but it's been close and not very enjoyable for racing. Hope I can get it sorted. See you all next season cheers for now

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
After a night's sleep, it's easier for me to reflect on the season as a whole without it being overshadowed by what happened yesterday. And I think overall, it's actually been a very good season for me. Obviously it started off on a high with a podium at the sprint race in Donington - however lucky that may have been after driving straight through Plumley's car without getting damage lol. After that there were some ups and downs, with a run of many weeks where I had poor feature race results but made up for it with good sprint race results. A couple of disappointing weeks at Silverstone & Montreal (where I had my first DNF in ages), was luckily followed by two great weeks at Brands Hatch and Okayama.

It was certainly an interesting end to the season for me as well - having probably my best performances and battles of the season at Okayama, then followed by one of the most pointless nights of my 7-year league racing 'career' at Monza, where I didn't even get to turn a single corner in either race.

Thanks @Ycoms for making the gif that captured my feelings last night quite well :p

I came into the night in a great position to finally finish inside the top 10 of the standings, but after what happened I was certain that I would lose it, especially with @Daniel Morris, @Patrick Kessler & @UrBaNz Octane x all having had strong feature races. But luckily Adam must've felt sorry for me and decided to then have a poor sprint race, so that I only dropped to 10th - meaning I finally achieved a top 10 championship finish for the first time since we switched to the Formula Renault! :cigar:

My other goal for the season of course was to beat @Erti147 in the teammate battle. Throughout the season we were always incredibly close and I really had to work hard to finish ahead of him at most tracks. At the end, I countered his poor Okayama with my poor Monza, but luckily I had enough in hand to stay ahead by 13 points. Overall our head-to-head on qualifying positions was 6-6, and our head-to-head on race finishes was 12-11 in my favour. Can't get any closer than that lol. So thanks @Erti147 for a great teammate fight, and I look forward to continuing it next season!

Ultimately, both championship targets were achieved - Top 10 in the driver championship & Top 5 for Force Fisi in the team championship, so I'm gonna gloss over what happened last night and actually be very happy about this season! :stig:

Finally, I of course have to point out what an amazing championship fight we ended up having! I thought in the early part of the season that it could turn into a case of @Gunar Nijenhuis running away with it as he looked incredibly quick. Obviously a shame that he couldn't attend as many races as he really needed. So it eventually turned into a crazily close scrap with @Synergi, @Christian Koch & @Osterkamp - and @Kez as a dark horse I guess - all of whom would really have deserved the championship this season for their overall performances and longevity within the league. Even though I wasn't personally able to enjoy last night's title fight too much, in hindsight it was absolutely awesome, and I really feel for @Osterkamp with the way his final race ended. Heartbreaking. :cry: But at least we still got a new champion crowned - so congrats again to @Synergi! Amazing achievement! :notworthy:

Ofc congrats to ma pals @Kez & @McPhilen on the team championship as well.

So thanks to all drivers for the season - especially those of you who turned up week in week out - and I hope to see most of you again in S6.

Full Final Driver Championship:

Team Championship Top 10:

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Overall our head-to-head on qualifying positions was 6-6, and our head-to-head on race finishes was 12-11 in my favour. Can't get any closer than that lol. So thanks @Erti147 for a great teammate fight, and I look forward to continuing it next season!
Wowwwwww thats craaazy

A do love you @Osterkamp I will always help you get onto the Nordschleife when we are in Thursday Practice for Nurb GP :p

• Winner
Reactions: Osterkamp

UrBaNz Octane x

AOR iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 S7 Champion
Jul 27, 2015
But luckily Adam must've felt sorry for me and decided to then have a poor sprint race, so that I only dropped to 10th - meaning I finally achieved a top 10 championship finish for the first time since we switched to the Formula Renault! :cigar:
Even in the championship standings I'm looking at the back of you ffs

Last edited:

BenScott4

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 8, 2017
Thanks guys for a great season. Well done to Takacs, Koch and Osterkamp on Top 3 and to everyone too. Apart from when the carnage erupted, there has been beautiful driving from all of you through the season and i have enjoyed taking part and watching you all through the broadcasts too. i know i still have loads to learn but id like to think i have greatly improved over the past 12 weeks and would like to thank you all for that, racing in a league with this amount of quality week in week out has been the biggest help yet. to those who have given their time to give me advice and critism, thanks, i have listened and taken it all on board. Thanks Mark for teaming up with me this season, was a blast. All the best Tye with the new arrival.
Hope you all want me back next season lol, look forward to seeing you all on the track soon.

Mark - no worries mate, was gutted for ya.
Evan - if im right (please dont hate me too much) i think it may have been me that had contact with you on turn 1. was it not when we were 3 wide? If i am hope it didn't cost you to much time or damage..... and sorry :(

Cheers again everyone, see ya

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
me and my partner are expecting our baby girl to arrive any day now so as long as I dont fall asleep
Oh hell yes you will :rofl:
But all the exhausting moments, the sleepless nights and the crying will be forgotten the moment you look your daughter in the eyes every morning!

Exciting times mate. All the best to you and your partner!

• Friendly
Reactions: Tye

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Oh hell yes you will :rofl:
But all the exhausting moments, the sleepless nights and the crying will be forgotten the moment you look your daughter in the eyes every morning!

Exciting times mate. All the best to you and your partner!
Cheers buddy :)

Era

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
May 14, 2015
Well, that was my first championship on iRacing, did some good races early in the season, but with less time to training, and some stupid mistakes, i didn't really show what i was able to do. Anyway it was a great learning season, and im looking forward for the next one ! Thanks AOR for this wonderful championship ;)

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Well what can I say about this Championship. JUST AWSOME! :woot:
I watched all your races, most live.
And couldn't wait for those famous words at the start of your races " The Horses are out of the Barn " ! Brilliant coverage. With an equally brilliant commentry team.
I was wowed on more than a few occasions, watching your races. :stig: with some unprecedented unbelievable racing and some class driving on track.
Them starts though, Ouch !
There was a few highlights for the season for me. Well alot really (too many to mention) But @StevieSQ 6th place at the Nurburgring GP brought a huge smile for me.
Brilliant stuff guys. Can't wait for S6.
What a great car the Renault 2.0 is though. With some really nice custom liveries on track.
Great stuff Ladies and Gents. ;)