AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S8 - Round 5: Mosport | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S8 - Round 5: Mosport

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff Member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 8
Round 5: Mosport

Information:
Date:
12th January 2018
Time: 19:30 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: Wind Speed: 5 mph, Wind Direction: SE, Air Temp: 72f, Humidity: 51%, Mostly Cloudy

Stuff

- It's still 2018
- That means it has been 2018 for a little bit now
- That means we are closer to 2019
- Some people still accidentally write 2017
- This is because 2017 was such a phenomenally good year, the best year, the most humble year.
- In other news, below is a representation of what it is like to be a car that using skill and cunning, and not speed, to avoid incident happening ahead:

- And finally, another representation, this time of Donald Trump realising people don't think he's, like, really smart:

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Tier Championships

Results to the tier championships can be found here, in the main results page

Last edited:

Bill "Soup" Zahn - GSRC

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 13, 2016
After getting the AOR and GSRC numbers to match after round 3,
Here are the numbers that do NOT match after round 4.

Osterkamp: 123 race points + 2 bonus points = 125, Official points show 126
Finch: 94 race points + 1 bonus points = 95, Official points show 93
Queniat: 2 race points + 0 bonus points = 2, Official points show 3

any thoughts?

FOUND THE ERROR - NEVER MIND!!
MY ROUND 2 SPRINT RACE WAS WRONG
WAS IT UPDATED MAYBE?
ALL GOOD NOW

Broadcast Overlays

---I personally as a commentator like to show the numbers as the stand with drop races accounted for. I think it gives the viewer a better understanding of how things actually stand.

---However, AOR is the customer, and the members pay the fees, so it is VERY important GSRC give the members what they want.

---So……do you want GSRC to show the raw totals, (as shown in the forum) or do you want the drop races accounted for? A single drop race is not an option because I don't want to rework my spreadsheet.

---I welcome all input, but I guess Knut will have final say?

Here are the drop race totals. (I will wait to create the graphic until I know what direction the AOR want's GSRC to go.)

Overall Championship
86 Godin +3
(THIS IS THE BIG NEWS, GODIN LEADING)
81 Osterkamp -1
79 Tierney +3
79 Kessler -1
78 Ussher E
78 Loozenoord -2
74 Jansson E

TIER 2
104 Vastamaki E
81 Martinsen +2
78 Morris E
73 de Quartel +3
69 Newton -3
68 Dove -1
61 Herman +1

TEAM
160 SimRC E
131 RadicalsOnline E
86 Positive Sim Racing Green E
86 Team Player’s +1
80 RadicalsOnlineJRT +1
79 Racecaft Simsport -1
64 Formula Mini +1
62 Red Devil Racing -1
57 Berlin Simsport E
53 Force Fisi E

Last edited:

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Broadcast Overlays

---I personally as a commentator like to show the numbers as the stand with drop races accounted for. I think it gives the viewer a better understanding of how things actually stand.

---However, AOR is the customer, and the members pay the fees, so it is VERY important GSRC give the members what they want.

---So……do you want GSRC to show the raw totals, (as shown in the forum) or do you want the drop races accounted for? A single drop race is not an option because I don't want to rework my spreadsheet.

---I welcome all input, but I guess Knut will have final say?
I'd prefer to keep drop weeks out until the end of the season, but that might be because I'm biased and with raw totals i'm currently 3rd in Tier 2 :p

It's up to the organisers though, I just get really confused by drop weeks at the best of times so when I see the standings say one thing and the broadcast says another it confuses me.

Alehud42

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 24, 2014
You would think Canada, with their more European sensibilities, would be more capable at making a good race track than their neighbours.

J-F Godin

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 1 Champion
Apr 28, 2015
I like the way you do it @Bill "Soup" Zahn - GSRC I think it represent the standings better with drop races and it helps me figuring it out because I always miss a few rounds because of work.

But if you don't use the drop races I can usually sneak in at the end of the season. :cool::p

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff Member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Personally I prefer it to not have the drop rounds until after round 10 @Bill "Soup" Zahn - GSRC, the reason being that no matter what, the score you have at the end of 10 rounds is the minimum you will score by the end of the championship.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I like the way you do it @Bill "Soup" Zahn - GSRC I think it represent the standings better with drop races and it helps me figuring it out because I always miss a few rounds because of work.

But if you don't use the drop races I can usually sneak in at the end of the season. :cool::p
I see your real reasoning there, Mr Championship Leader When Drops Are Applied!

(I have the same reason for my preference though so it's ok :b )

@Alehud42 8 is fine but 2 is pretty dangerous tbh

Last edited:

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
A pretty bad feature race (sorry Tom) where I could have had a chance at a top ten, but the sprint delivered with my first top ten of the season finally.

An okay birthday present I guess!