AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S9 - Round 11: Montreal | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S9 - Round 11: Montreal

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 9
Round 11: Montreal

Information:
Date:
25th May 2018
Time: 19:30 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Time of Day: Late Afternoon
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

- Montreal is in Canada
- Canada is on earth
- I typed in 'fun facts about the earth' and I was greeted with incredible facts, such as: The earth is old, and the earth spins around the sun.
- There were some actually interesting ones, but they're aren't as fun to share.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Tier Championships

Results to the tier championships can be found here, in the main results page

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
If you need some extra funs I'll lend you this gem to dig back up.

Canada.png

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Fun Earth Fact: in billions and billions of years the sun is giong to expand and fry the earth in nuclear fire.

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
This track physically pains me to drive in this car.

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
Looking for my first feature podium in a long... time. Probably the last time was when we were here back in my debut season. I must have lost it a bit since then.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Weather:

72°F, Wind S @ 11 MPH,
Atmosphere: 76 RH,
Skies: Mostly Cloudy

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Is there a reason no session exists yet in the iRacing league section?
To make you ask questions, Robert.

Don't worry, it'll all be setup (fingers crossed)

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
Apologies to Marvin and anyone caught up in the incident on lap 1 of the sprint, this track puts me on edge.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Had a lot more pace than I thought, but got a speeding penalty in the feature and spun from the top 5 in the sprint. Bleh.

Sorry to @Daniel Morris at the hairpin, good racing @Tommy-Tum <: I was pissed off in the sprint so I pushed you hard :b

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Well, first of all congratulations to @Osterkamp for winning the title! I think we all saw it coming after such a ridiculous run of form, so great job to go on and continue that to win it in a very convincing fashion. That also makes you the first person to defend their title in the Formula Renault era, so that's pretty great. Question is, can you now do what Justin Brunner did all those seasons ago and get three in a row? No reason why not.

Second, congrats to @RC Robin for the win. Decided to turn up for one round and took the win. I think that's pretty impressive.
Also, a congrats to @Era for the sprint race win. RC taking both the wins for the night.

Now, for all zero people that care, I'm actually going to do a race report (hopefully we see a few of these come back).

Qualifying: 5th place. Could have been more, but also could have been really bad.

Race 1: Start was nice, for about 300 meters, and then I had to avoid the carnage at T2, which dropped me down to 12th or so. A couple of damaged cars were passed and by the end of the lap I was back to 9th. Was then able to move up the field via either some nice moves, or some incidents and found myself in 4th behind @Scott Newton, and I was pushing pretty hard trying to catch up.

Unfortunately for Scott, just before his pit stop, he went wide at the 3rd chicane, which caused him to just pick up the slightest amount of wing damage. As iRacing has essentially decided that a small paper cut on the front wing means a change is required, I was able to move up to 3rd due to his longer stop.

Then I was kinda just on my own, expecting to finish in 3rd, so I took to relative watching and enjoyed the lead battle through the beauty of numbers. And then there was a contact between them which brought me right into play, which made it a 3 way fight for the lead. Unfortunately there was a second contact between the leading pair which destroyed @Finch, and meant I had to just slow down to avoid it which put me outside of @RC Robin's slip stream. This meant Robin took the win, which I think was a surprise, but not a bad one. I like different winners... I prefer when the different winners are me, but I still like it.

Race 2: Pretty great for me to be honest. Made some really nice moves here and there, especially on @lukebarton, who put up a good fight with I think a bit of wing damage? Replay suggest so, but your pace didn't feel slow enough to have wing damage. Either way, I was able to move nicely up the field, a few incidents allowed me to move up even further, and then got to the front of the field that wasn't the top 2, which is a position commonly referred to as '3rd'. From here, a small part of me was hoping another race 1 would happen, and allow me to catch up, but the bigger part of me wanted the champion to not have an incident. As I said, @Era took a nice win, and second of the night for RC, and I was able to take a second podium of the night.

Definitely happy with both of those results. I think the most impressive thing though was that I took a bonus point for 1x in the first race, which is great. I only got the 1x from the incident on the first lap at T2.

Looking forward to rounding out the season well at Road Atlanta.

Aug 25, 2017
Im disappointed by Keeman, if you make mistakes mate dont quit the race like a loser, you apologise at least for the crash. I had major damage after he hit me and lost 2secs per lap of my actual pace, i had to let everyone by. Sprintrace i was still f*cked up that I jumped the start, my own fault. I must say that i see better racing in official session than what i whitnessed today.

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
Made some really nice moves here and there, especially on @lukebarton, who put up a good fight with I think a bit of wing damage? Replay suggest so, but your pace didn't feel slow enough to have wing damage.
I reckon you got me fair and square. I did seem to be disadvantaged down the back straight somehow. Gained on several cars only to have them start pulling away from me. I dunno if people were running super low wings or what. Maybe need to check my accelerator calibration. But you're right my pace was roughly fine. Was fun racing.

Erti147

SMod & iRacing FR2.0 S7 T2 Champion
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
congrats to @Osterkamp on a second successive title - you're unbelievable. Not finishing out of the top 6 in every single race you've been in so far, just incredible ?

Osterkamp

AOR iRacing 2-time Formula Renault 2.0 Champion
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2015
Well, first of all congratulations to @Osterkamp for winning the title! I think we all saw it coming after such a ridiculous run of form, so great job to go on and continue that to win it in a very convincing fashion. That also makes you the first person to defend their title in the Formula Renault era, so that's pretty great. Question is, can you now do what Justin Brunner did all those seasons ago and get three in a row? No reason why not.

congrats to @Osterkamp on a second successive title - you're unbelievable. Not finishing out of the top 6 in every single race you've been in so far, just incredible ?
Thanks guys ?

Incredible season indeed. Unbelievable to think that i have a chance on doing what Justin Brunner did back in the Pro Mazda days.
Unfortunately i am going to miss Road Atlanta aswell because of work ? but i will try everything to make sure to attend every race next season!

Special thanks to everyone who helped me on this journey! Lets make it 3 in a row!

Last edited: