AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S9 - Round 12: Road Atlanta (Finale) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S9 - Round 12: Road Atlanta (Finale)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
The trick is, to let them all through and they usually crash anyway so you get the positions back. I was 14th at one point in the sprint and ended up 6th.

Road Atlanta remains my best track with at least five Top 10 finishes now. Made a bit of a mess in the feature, a mistake dropping me into the fight with the PSR guys. New front wing at the the pit stop and a went on the chase. Was about 12th after all that and was on to finish 11th for the millionth time but in one lap I was up to 8th because of the the incident with Sara / Manuel.So that was where a finished.

As I said, in the sprint it was a matter of waiting and as usual I gained positions back in the second half of the race.. Genuinely thought I was out of the Tier 2 little race but only saw after the race that if Sara had DNF'd the sprint then I would of won again lol. But aye, congrats to @Rin Hato

grats to the Sim RC guys for dominating @Patrick Kessler @Osterkamp . Three teams in the Top 7 for the newly created Team AOR, great job guys.

Very mediocre season for me again. Quite a few 11th places tho, couple 9th's etc. For a couple seasons its been pretty poor, not met my attentional. Being in other leagues driving similar cars doesn't help., but got to learn to overcome that.

We'll see yas net season for a 10th season then eh :)
Why do you sometimes use 'a' as in 'a shat meself', yet other times use 'I' as in 'I crapped myself.'? Are you only a part-time scot? Is Scot the English guy, and Evan is the Scottish guy. Ooh.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Why do you sometimes use 'a' as in 'a shat meself', yet other times use 'I' as in 'I crapped myself.'? Are you only a part-time scot? Is Scot the English guy, and Evan is the Scottish guy. Ooh.
I never say 'I crapped myself'

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
So, my race report:

Qualifying: Pretty happy with it to be honest. I knew I had more pace, but not pace I could access regularly, so I expected to be about 5th or 6th, but got 4th in the end. Very happy with it.

Race 1: Other than the fact I crashed just before the pits (where I probably would have crashed on the way into the pits anyway), the race actually went really well. I thought I had really nice consistency, some pretty decent pace as well and was keeping up and occasionally catching the leaders. With their battling, I was able to catch even more when they started battling, but otherwise my race was pretty much just one mistake early on, do some laps, crash. Very disappointing end, but hey ho. It set up a difficult but exciting sprint race.

Race 2: I started 19th, and then from there I had a great race. Made some nice moves here and there, some opportunistic ones, some picked up from others mistakes, and then by lap 9 I was leading the race after overtaking @Robert Plumley, who put on a nice defence for a short period. From there, I was a little skittish which allowed @Bruno Domiter to stay with me for a while, and then I started to pull away, where on lap 12 I got a 1x, which I then noticed put me on 10x, which completely threw me as I only recalled getting one off-track and one 4x from a car that was flipping on lap 1, which damaged my car very, very slightly that it was hardly noticeable. I literally had no idea where I picked up another 4x at all as I didn't have any contact to my knowledge, so I went back to watch and it looks like there was a moment with @David Buitelaar down the esses. I'm not sure if that's what you were mentioning in your post in this thread? Either way, I was then obviously 1 incident away from a DSQ, but I also find it hard to get a rhythm here if not pushing, so I had to give it my all which I was super nervous about as I really wanted to win the final race of the season, as I think it's the first time I've done that? I can't remember.

Either way, happy with the win. Disappointing first race, could have finished well there and also therefore had a better start in the sprint race, so could have been going for a double podium to end the season, and perhaps getting 3rd overall in the championship, but it wasn't to be.

Overall, my season was a bit rocky at first, but my form towards the end was pretty great, especially for me, so hopefully I can take that into the next season and take the challenge to @Osterkamp and co.

Thanks to all for taking part in the season. Final couple of races had pretty disappointing turn out, a lot of it uninformed which isn't great, but overall the season has been a good one. I worry before every season that it will be the season we see drop off in popularity, and this season there was a hint of that where we for the first time in a while didn't hit the driver capacity straight away. I'm hoping for some updates to the car in this next update just to freshen it up a bit, but whatever happens we'll be continuing for a season 10. Who knows where we go after that.

Also, as mentioned in the OP, don't forget to look out for some week 13 stuff for anyone who is interested. I'll advertise on the iRacing forums as well as the sessions will be open to everyone.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Just wanna say a massive congrats to @Osterkamp on the championship - only our 3rd ever multi-champion in 14 seasons! ??? Incredible how much you've progressed since you started racing here.

Well done as well to @Patrick Kessler & @J-F Godin on another strong season in the top 3, and the Team AOR guys for racking up the positions behind that (get 'em next season yeh ;))

Been unusual for me to be on the sidelines this season, but I've enjoyed watching most of the action even if I wasn't part of it - as usual a lot of great racing, even if some incidents were mixed in as well.

Hope you all enjoyed it, and keep an eye out for the Season 10 threads going up soon :)

David Buitelaar

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Yeah @McPhilen it was you who touched my rearleft and somehow my rearwing was damaged, my race was over. no hard feelings mate, maybe I opened a gap and you saw the oportunity to go but in the esses it s unlikely to pass/ it s possible if we both slowdown. like I said if we re in a race It s everyone for himself, i can imagine the adrenaline to get 1st spot as quick as possible if you know you are fast. Somehow i had some bad luck. next season I try to resist more by not giving away my postion immediately ;)

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Yeah @McPhilen it was you who touched my rearleft and somehow my rearwing was damaged, my race was over. no hard feelings mate, maybe I opened a gap and you saw the oportunity to go but in the esses it s unlikely to pass/ it s possible if we both slowdown. like I said if we re in a race It s everyone for himself, i can imagine the adrenaline to get 1st spot as quick as possible if you know you are fast. Somehow i had some bad luck. next season I try to resist more by not giving away my postion immediately ;)
Ah right, because on my screen there was no touch and I would have had to slam on the brakes to avoid it which would have been more dangerous than going for the move just given the speed difference and how wide you were.

Either way, it was one of those ones, and it's a shame it ruined your race because of it.

Reactions: David Buitelaar