AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S9 - Round 5: Mid-Ohio | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S9 - Round 5: Mid-Ohio

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 9
Round 5: Mid-Ohio

Information:
Date:
13th April 2017
Time: 19:30 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full Course
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

- Mid-Ohio is not in Japan.
- It is in the USA
- The USA didn't have great relations with Japan during the second world war, commonly referred to as WW2.
- WW2 is disappointed at the lack of monikers given to it, such as 'The Great War' and 'The War to End All Wars'. It believes it's more important and way bigger.
- Japan is a country which has a history
- This time, to be a bit different, here is a video on the history of Japan, also commonly referred to as 'not China':

-
Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Tier Championships

Results to the tier championships can be found here, in the main results page

Reactions: FisiFan91

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Important Notice:

We will be running this race slightly different to the official calendar. The official calendar has the track with the chicane before turn 2, however we will be running the normal layout without the chicane as it's a bad. This is the reason for the early race thread.

Tagging all drivers:

@David Buitelaar @Allyhaze @J-F Godin @Mark Ussher @Bruno Domiter @VRT Ringrose @heuer91 @sanderschumi @Maxim Kapustin @t3hmightymidg3t @Patrick Kessler @Osterkamp @Era @Synergi @Connor Ryan @McPhilen @Robert Plumley @J.Thompson @lukebarton @Lubomir Moric @Jaskin71 @devoutfire3 @Tommy-Tum @GlennKey78 @Josh Saban @alexsplanet @Yohann Harth @Erkka Lindstrom @Erti147 @Rin Hato @Steffen Herrmann @Rcfly3r1 @Tye @Charlie9000 @Daniel Morris @Scott Newton @Marvin @Silvio @VSR Touring @Lamoracke79 @Alehud42 @Kez @Finch

It's a really awkward chicane that doesn't really do anything to the character of the track other that disrupt it, and as the calendar I received prior to starting the season had it listed down as doing the regular layout, we're going to keep it as such.

Thanks all. :)

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Also something different from this round on. The weather in the Thursday practice session will now be randomly generated beforehand, and the session itself will become a static weather session, as to be more representative of the conditions for the race night which is also a static weather setting.

Reactions: Finch

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Weather:

83°F, Wind S @ 2 MPH,
Atmosphere: 45 RH,
Skies: Overcast

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
im literally just going to sit at the back and collect 0x...im doing 1.20s...

VRT Ringrose

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 21, 2016
Enjoy tonight if anyone can, I can't get round this track and didn't wanna smack someone into a barrier so indycar round Sebring for me :p

Tommy-Tum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2014
Sorry guys, wasn't my intention to wreck anyone at the start but I freaked out and put it back into neutral. I'm really really sorry guys.

Reactions: David Buitelaar

David Buitelaar

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
just for info, just before the start I realized that I was 2nd on the grid, I paniced and I was still calculated the fuel...these guys for the start werent funny at all!! i was not best prepared so at the start I saw Sara me passing and I had to be at her tail. I didnt saw my braking point at the hairpin and I saw myself on the grass, my car wouldnt turn and it was still sliding and I accelerated, stupid me..I came like a madman back on the circuit and it was over and out taking out Patrick and Phil. Not well played and Im really sorry that I couldnt asure this friday.

• Friendly
Reactions: Patrick Kessler