AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 8 - Sign Up & Info - Closed | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 8 - Sign Up & Info - Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2014
I've only just seen the thread now, I was wondering if there was going to be a season 8 after all. I have to say that the spaces filled up damn quickly.

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I'm signing up my teammate @Maarten van Loozenoord at Simcraft RaceSport
He will be confirming tho.
No way Maarten is joining the league anymore, after having signed up 3 times in the past and participated in a total of 2 race weeks... We are looking for drivers who want to do a full season, not just turn up and do one race and then disappear as they please.

Tommy-Tum

Formula Karter
Jan 27, 2014
No way Maarten is joining the league anymore, after having signed up 3 times in the past and participated in a total of 2 race weeks... We are looking for drivers who want to do a full season, not just turn up and do one race and then disappear as they please.
Sorry Fisi I didn't know that because I was only back last season. He told me that he wanted to drive really badly, but I think you guys need to fight that out. Just only did what Maarten asked me to do.

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Sorry Fisi I didn't know that because I was only back last season. He told me that he wanted to drive really badly, but I think you guys need to fight that out. Just only did what Maarten asked me to do.
Well, all his 3 previous "entries" into the league have showed the complete opposite of him wanting to drive really badly.

Dec 29, 2014
Read above posts please...
Wow mr Fisi, did not know you’re getting sort of mad. Send me a message first instead of putting messages up like this. Some things I don’t do intentional and some times other stuff Has a higher priority! I should have let you know when I couldnt participate, my apoligies. Last 2 times I was participating through the reserve list if I’m right?

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
How come I got bumped to reserves?
Due to priority drivers from last season signing up.

Priority will be given to drivers who took part in at least 7 rounds (full race nights) in Season 7, but there will be several spaces available beyond this. The priority deadline is set to Saturday 9th December at 18:00 UK time.
So guys, right now we are currently sitting on 46 sign-ups, 36 full-time and 10 reserves. However, the priority deadline still hasn't been reached, which means there are still some of you who have signed up that may not be given a space at the start of the season. Those who get moved out of one of the reserve spaces will be put onto the waiting list, which means that during the season, should there be a drop out you will be the first people we contact to get a space on the grid (in order that you guys signed up).

To avoid confusion about who will be moved to the waiting list first, it will be down to a combination of when you signed up, but also your current status as of signing up. So those who don't currently meet the license requirement, or those who are undergoing a performance review will be moved first to the waiting list, and then it will be those who are non-priority but meet criteria. Obviously all of this will be reverse sign-up order, so those of you non-priority drivers that signed up very early should be good.

We expected about 6 non-priority full time spaces and then the full 10 reserve spaces to be free, and right now we're in a situation where there are a potential 7 more priority drivers that we think could sign up. We hate to remove people from a potential space, but it unfortunately necessary.

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Wow mr Fisi, did not know you’re getting sort of mad. Send me a message first instead of putting messages up like this. Some things I don’t do intentional and some times other stuff Has a higher priority! I should have let you know when I couldnt participate, my apoligies. Last 2 times I was participating through the reserve list if I’m right?
Will send a PM.

FisiFan91

AOR Admin
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Is there some way I can become more equal than everyone else? I don't want to be a reserve.
That doesn't sound exactly fair lol - we can't just give extra priority to one new driver and not others :)

The priority drivers obviously have priority because of having shown good commitment in the previous season by having taken part in a certain amount of race weeks (so far 25 of these have signed up - and there's still 5 more that we think could potentially come in). All drivers who don't meet that criteria are just prioritised in the order of signing up (provided licence is ready), and unfortunately 12 other non-priority drivers signed up before you. It's always a shame to not be able to give full spots to people, but it is how it is, as we can't suddenly increase the grid size to like 50 drivers (well, technically we could, but it would surely be carnage lol)!

The amount of sign-ups for this season has definitely gone way beyond what anyone expected at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.