AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2 - Round 1: Catalunya | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2 - Round 1: Catalunya

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2
Round 1: Catalunya

Information:
Date: 20th September 2019
Time: 19:20 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Circuit de Catalunya - GP
Date: 21st September 2019 Time of Day: 09:15
Weather: Dynamic

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Season to begin

Teams Championship

Season to begin

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Also, a note to all drivers. We will be using the same format as we would have used in the F3 league.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deerladog

NHR-Gaming

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 5, 2019
@NHR-Gaming Isn't doing the league/teammate.
Put myself & Tom Van Heumen in the main team. Thanks :)
Yeah. After some serious consideration i have decided that i will not do the season in the FR3,5. I am currently in a "standby" mode in terms of iRacing while i am trying to find out what i will do in the future, like what car to compete in. For season 4 2019 I've decided stay with the F3 since i can keep my self sharp while trying out other cars, and i don't have the time to also commit to the 3,5.

With that being said i can understand why the decision have been made to move the league to the 3,5. And while i am not doing this season, i am certainly not ruling out coming back to the AOR league. I just need to find out how to get the most enjoyment out of iRacing with the current state of open wheelers taken in to consideration before i can commit 100% again.

Hope for everyone's understanding and have a great season :)

Last edited:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I struggled a lot around here. I know there are a lot of tracks where I feel I can drive the 3.5 to a really good level, but here it just wasn't the case. I definitely feel I had the pace for a couple of top 10s, but due to first lap shenanigans and then internet shenanigans in the sprint race, I never really had a chance. I made a couple of nice overtakes though, and also one terrible one where I accidentally shifted to 1st causing the rear to nope out into the hairpin.

But, I really enjoyed driving the car. This being a really technical track in places meant this will probably (hopefully) be one of the weaker tracks for me for the season. If this was the F3 (old style) I'd like to think this would be a stronger track for me, but so far typically I've found that tracks I'm good at in the F3 I'm not as good in the 3.5 and vice versa.

Anyway, looking forward to the next one, and hopefully things go a bit smoother for me this time.

Reactions: David Santana