AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2 - Round 11: Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2 - Round 11: Road America

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
1574776128468.png

AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2
Round 11: Road America

Information:
Date: 29th November 2019
Time: 19:20 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Road America - Full Course
Date: 1st April 2020 Time of Day: Races: 13:35
Weather: Dynamic

Standings:

Main Table (bonus points for FL and Pole not working)

Teams Championship (bonus points for FL and Pole not working)

RedBarom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 5, 2019
Sorry for that chaos out of T7.
I got sideswiped by Alex out of T1, but the car seemed fine for the next few corners.
But coming into T7 it seemed the hit made the car unable to turn right at speed,
so I had to lift as I was and with cars close behind there was just not enough time to react.

James Clay

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 22, 2016
I'm going to write a 5-page review of all the front wings that have been up my rear this season and I'm accepting pre-orders

Reactions: McPhilen

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & 3 Time AOR Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Good feature for me today, almost had the podium but just fell short. Apologies to @Lubomir Moric for punting you in the sprint, totally my fault. Got caught out by how much the train slowed.

Was a fun season. Looking forward to the next one. Glad we switched to this car, it's a blast.

runasc26

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 10, 2017
Sorry for that chaos out of T7.
I got sideswiped by Alex out of T1, but the car seemed fine for the next few corners.
But coming into T7 it seemed the hit made the car unable to turn right at speed,
so I had to lift as I was and with cars close behind there was just not enough time to react.
Sorry for that again.

Reactions: RedBarom

Lubomir Moric

Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2017
What a nice season guys! Thank you all who participated for quite a nice races and close battles. I enjoyed that much.
Last race was quite messy, but each season last race is bit more aggressive, however no hard feelings, we were all pushing much more than usually to enjoy last possibility to show off. So no worries @Curly .
I would like to thank all who prepared these events for us, you got my endless gratitude for doing this!

And finally grats podium!
Except @Tim Delisle , who is from different planet, it was quite a close battles till the end.

Reactions: McPhilen

Tim Delisle

Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2018
My first championship! :D
Thanks to everyone who organised and participated in this season, it was worth dragging myself out of bed for every Saturday. Had some awesome battles with Paul and Christophe among others, shame netcode screwed things up a couple of times but it's to be expected from this side of the world. See you all next time!

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I uh, may have been having some internet issues..... People were disappearing for me frequently, sorry if I got in anyone's way. I sat out the sprint race to not cause trouble but from what people were saying in voice chat it sounded like I missed some shenanigans.

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I want to thank everyone who took part in this season. It started off a little rocky with a late change to the 3.5, but I think it worked out overall. I think the participation wasn't as high as I would have liked, but at the same time the group we did have racing was great, and I had a lot of fun competing against all of you. Congratulations to Tim on the title and to the PSR Blue team for the teams title.

With that, there are a couple of things to note about the season coming.

Firstly, it looks very likely that we'll be switching the starting time of the races to the earlier time mentioned in the poll thread, going from 8.40pm UK time to 8.00pm UK time. This is being done to facilitate getting a broadcast. On that front, the broadcast will start at round 2 rather than round 1 because of scheduling conflicts, but beyond that it should be here to stay for the season. With a broadcast, that will also mean actually using the skin pack, which will be nice because of the new custom spec maps on the paints.

Round 3 of the season takes place on the 27th of December, which is pretty close to Christmas. Whether we race that race or not will be up for debate in a poll at some point after the season starts. Should the vote to not race that round win, this will also be accompanied with a second poll, about whether we should move Montreal from week 3 to week 4 to potentially replace Indy GP.

Finally, the 3.5 has also been confirmed to be switching to the new tyre model. Nothing more to add to that other than I really hope it works out well.

Anyway, that's everything off the top of my head. I look forward to the racing next season!