AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2 - Round 6: Montreal | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2 - Round 6: Montreal

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2
Round 6: Montreal

Information:
Date: 25th October 2019
Time: 19:20 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Date: 26th October 2019 Time of Day: Race: 09:40
Weather: Dynamic

Standings:

Main Table (bonus points for FL and Pole not working)

Teams Championship (bonus points for FL and Pole not working)

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Apologies to both @RedBarom and @heuer91 for the contacts in the sprint race. For the one with you Manuel, I think I was just a bit clumsy. I should have noticed that you'd gone deep into the corner and thus had a slower exit, but I didn't anticipate it early enough. For Paul, there was a chunk of netcode on my end (about a foot?) but I think the contact happens anyway. It probably would have been less dramatic, but I think I should have been more careful. I broke at my normal point, but in that situation I should have broke a little earlier.

Outside of those incidents, the feature race was amazing. I had a really great time in that race, battling with a few different people, most note worthy being Paul, which was a hugely enjoyable battle.

I was also super surprised at my pace. I had decent consistency, after being a complete moron during all the practice sessions I'd done. I spent about 95% of my time trying to get the MDF setup to work, and then about 15 mins to go I changed to HDF. I still struggled with that and going into Q I didn't know what to expect, since I only did one actually good lap. Anyway, I nailed my lap relative to what I was expecting to be able to do and then from there I just enjoyed my time driving the car. I keep forgetting to change my fuel load from official race levels, which doesn't help, but I was still struggling. But yeah, good time overall, outside of those incidents.