AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2 - Round 8: Donington | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2 - Round 8: Donington

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 2
Round 8: Donington

Information:
Date: 8th November 2019
Time: 19:20 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Donington Park Racing Circuit - Grand Prix
Date: 1st April 2020 Time of Day: Races: 08:55
Weather: Dynamic

Standings:

Main Table (bonus points for FL and Pole not working)

Teams Championship (bonus points for FL and Pole not working)

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Did they fix the floor damage thingy then or do we have to take certain racing lines to avoid them still? If so could some nice person be able to share them because last time I didn't know about this at all going into the race and got totally screwed by the bumps. :confused:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I've done some practice and didn't notice anything, but I didn't do enough sustained laps to 100% know. I'll be doing a decent number of laps at some point today so I'll update then.

RedBarom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 5, 2019
Well that wasn't fun!

I just found out I got disqualified for both races, so I'm very annoyed with myself for not noticing the change in incident rules for this season when going over them when I signed up.

The incident limit set in the session will be set to higher than the actual allowed incident limit. This means that in the session, you can hit the incident limit that we have set for DSQ (in this case 15 in the feature), but the actual physical incident limit in the session will be higher, for example 20. The reason for this is so that there is a buffer, should an incident that isn't your fault push you over the incident limit, which would normally DSQ you instantly. Now there is a chance to dispute it after the race. All drivers will be 100% responsible for coming to us should they be put over the incident limit, whether it be during or after the race, in order to avoid being DSQ'd.

I did see the inc limit in the races being increased this season, but thought it was just because the 3.5 was more difficult or something and not thinking much of it so never bothered going over the rules again to check if my assumption was correct or even asking around to hear what was up with it.

This finally came to bite me this week as I had very little time to prepare for this one, going into qualifying with perhaps having done 15 laps or so before qualifying.
It showed in the feature races as I racked up the incidents with my sloppy driving. Once I got dangerously close to what I thought was the limit of 20 I dialed it back a bit and just finished the race with 19 incs.

Having the experience of the feature race it went a bit better in the sprint race.
I was fine with just 9 incs when I saw the white flag. The whole race had gone by much quicker then I thought so I still had all but 1 DRS left.
With @ChrisHBX being still 2.6 seconds ahead I was just looking to improve my best lap with using DRS in Q-style.
However in the first half of Christophe's lap he lost so much time that I thought he was about to run out of fuel or something.

On the straight to the chicane I caught him and as he drove in the middle of the track with my draft + DRS overspeed opted to pass him on the left, but at the moment I moved to the left he did the same and I was just being too slow reacting to that to avoid making contact which broke my front wing and added 4x to my total which apparently DQ'ed me yet again.

So it's a hard lesson learned, but on to better things in the final weeks of the season.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Why are people not being moved up after people being dsq?
Well, whenever we have had DSQ's in the past we've done it this way and never moved people up. It takes far too much time having to manually change the results around to get it right, and it's always super awkward with how the tables work.

• Informative
Reactions: Connor Ryan

Tim Delisle

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2018
Miserable week for me, hit from behind and damaged on lap 3 so I took my compulsory pit stop there to fix the damage, then hit the landmine on lap 17 and suffered through that damage for the rest of the race. Then in the official broadcast race I hit the landmine on lap 2, which wrote me off for that as well. Hope we never have to race here again, as much as I like the track.