AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 3 - Round 6: Catalunya | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 3 - Round 6: Catalunya

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
1579697929463.png

AOR Formula Renault 3.5 Championship Season 3
Round 6: Catalunya

Information:
Date: 24th January 2020
Time: 18:40 GMT Practice, 19:50 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:00 GMT Feature Race, approx 20:50 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:00 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:10 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya - Historic
Date: 1st February 2020 Time of Day: 10:20
Weather: Dynamic

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
It seems there is an exploit on this track that allows you to cut the second to last corner with no punishment. For us, we aren't going to allow this, so please no cutting over that corner. Doing so will result in penalties.

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Probably goes without saying, but cutting would be all 4 wheels over the white line, not the kerb or the green area. :)

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
This version of Barcelona is so much better than the new chicane version. Also quite fun to drive with this new tire model.

• Agree
Reactions: McPhilen

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Again sorry for first race, just slightly too little grip. Thought I'd be able to catch it as I have done many times at that corner, but it was too far gone. Didn't realise until too late so didn't hit the brakes right away.

For the sprint race, it was weird because my red lights lasted only about half a second. Usually when it goes red, I do a quick final check that everything is right (basically just that the car is in 1st gear) and then wait for green, but it was so short this time that when I looked back up, it went green instantly and I put slightly too much throttle on, which basically ruined it. But again, sorry to all involved. Also weirdly my spotter wasn't working properly. It said clear going down to T1 but then when I turned in there was a Charlie sized object in the way, which meant I had to turn out the corner rather abruptly, so I think there may have been some sort of issue. Not the first time something like this has happened, but there were 0 indicators anything was wrong :(

Shame for me as I've really enjoyed driving this layout of this track, but it wasn't to be for me today. On to the next one!

• Surprised
Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom