PC - AOR Formula Renault 3.5 S2 - PC Tier 1 - Hockenheim GP - 25/05/2020 @8PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Formula Renault 3.5 S2 - PC Tier 1 - Hockenheim GP - 25/05/2020 @8PM UK Time

Dominooo

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 2, 2019

ROUND 1 - Hockenheim GP
Event Information:
Date: Monday May 25 2020
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Sprint race: 14 laps race with a standing start.
- Main race: 29 laps (1 formation lap + 28 race laps)
PC: Starting order top 16 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P17 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.
Consoles: Starting order top 8 reversed from sprint race and all remaining drivers from P9 downwards in combination with the manual AOR Rolling Start.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying:
Heavy Cloud
- Sprint race:
Heavy Cloud
- Main race:
Medium Cloud

● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 04/06/2020 12:00
- Sprint race time: 04/06/2020 13:00
- Main race time: 04/06/2020 18:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Starting order main race:
Normally we all start in the position we have qualified in. But since we have a starting order that is based on the top half from the the sprint race, we need to place ourselves correctly during the formation lap. When the lights go out, everybody starts to move slowly around 10mph (16kph). Remember to stay as far to the left or right on the track to make it easier for cars to pass. Remember your starting position (obviously) but also who is in the position right in front of you.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
League Information
Race Calendar
League Rules

Informed No Shows:
- @Cjster99

Uninformed No Shows:
- @MADDOG

Last edited:

GromozekA

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 8, 2019
My only dream was to beat @TicklishPicklewickle. I thought I can bring the fight towards the end of reverse grid race, but a "great" number of lapped traffic has been making doughnuts in front of me, including one of the Fakearris - I'm sure I lost 7 seconds there in total - I think that would've been enough. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy given only 40min of practice.

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Not a bad first round, but not the best. First race was a little disappointing due to people braking too early which caught me out, but I managed to recover to P9 so I'm quite happy with that.

Second race was a bit of a shambles at the start. The formation lap was a bit ridiculous. Inconsistent speeds (should be 130KPH), massive gaps, concertinas and not the best getting into formation I've seen. I also was unfortunate to hit the back of @Heggerlomm due to him lagging which meant I had severe damage before the race had even started! :(

I'm not sure why, but I've noticed the last few races I've done have had rather dodgy formation laps. Whether it be GT3 league, social races or tonight's Formula Renault race. Definitely something that I think needs to be worked on - perhaps explaining it a little differently may help? Or perhaps doing the trick of pit speed limiter (60KPH) at the formation zone, instead of 80KPH?

Anyhow, was still good fun and very much looking forward to Suzuka (Sakitto) for the next round. (y)

jogurc

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2020
My only dream was to beat @TicklishPicklewickle. I thought I can bring the fight towards the end of reverse grid race, but a "great" number of lapped traffic has been making doughnuts in front of me, including one of the Fakearris - I'm sure I lost 7 seconds there in total - I think that would've been enough. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy given only 40min of practice.
Wait what? Can you send me your POV on discord? I want to know how it affected you because you weren't lapped and we were doing donuts behind the finish line so why did you have to slow down?

GromozekA

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 8, 2019
Wait what? Can you send me your POV on discord? I want to know how it affected you because you weren't lapped and we were doing donuts behind the finish line so why did you have to slow down?
"Doughnuts" meaning lapped traffic spinning out in front of me during race (I was unlucky with catching up to traffic) making me brake in high speed corners. Sorry, was trying to be funny. You're fast - you don't have to worry about me. I can send a video - but that means I have to spend an hour in front of my monitor doing nothing productive - I'm a busy guy - can't be bothered. I'm not bitter - the race was fun.

Dominooo

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 2, 2019
Not a bad first round, but not the best. First race was a little disappointing due to people braking too early which caught me out, but I managed to recover to P9 so I'm quite happy with that.

Second race was a bit of a shambles at the start. The formation lap was a bit ridiculous. Inconsistent speeds (should be 130KPH), massive gaps, concertinas and not the best getting into formation I've seen. I also was unfortunate to hit the back of @Heggerlomm due to him lagging which meant I had severe damage before the race had even started! :(

I'm not sure why, but I've noticed the last few races I've done have had rather dodgy formation laps. Whether it be GT3 league, social races or tonight's Formula Renault race. Definitely something that I think needs to be worked on - perhaps explaining it a little differently may help? Or perhaps doing the trick of pit speed limiter (60KPH) at the formation zone, instead of 80KPH?

Anyhow, was still good fun and very much looking forward to Suzuka (Sakitto) for the next round. (y)
I was starting from pole in the second race, and I actually tried to keep up the 130 kph speed, but when I tried to do so, the others couldn't keep up, so I don't know what happened behind me.

Otherwise (not counting the lap 1 accident of the second race) I think that was a decent round, the grid was pretty close and I think there were mostly no issues except for small accidents that were solved the gentleman way. Looking forward to Suzuka, I should be fast on that track.

jogurc

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2020
Ohh so that's what it was xD, i thought you meant the donuts we were doing at the end of the race, no need to send anything then.

• Winner
Reactions: /CSR/ speedy.go

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
I was starting from pole in the second race, and I actually tried to keep up the 130 kph speed, but when I tried to do so, the others couldn't keep up, so I don't know what happened behind me.

Otherwise (not counting the lap 1 accident of the second race) I think that was a decent round, the grid was pretty close and I think there were mostly no issues except for small accidents that were solved the gentleman way. Looking forward to Suzuka, I should be fast on that track.
Yeah I'm not sure who or what it was and I'm not trying to point the finger at anyone. Was just simply saying what I observed and that I think it could have been better.

And yes, I agree, the rest of the race was fine. :)

JackGame88

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 15, 2019
Great 2 races (no major mistakes on my side, not like yesterday!) There was more spinning cars in front of me then I'd like to see, on of them happened right on my front wing while doing over 200kph - and yes, I :poop: myself

Project CARS 2 2020.05.25 - 20.18.10.01_Moment.jpg

But believe it or not, I didn't even touch him!

The start of the feature races was a bit of a joke - both end of the formation lap as well as the first race lap, so I just hope people will do it better next time.

Congrats to @jogurc @mikegeerlings @/CSR/ speedy.go , I was just a bit lucky not to get involved in anything hence ended P3 and P4 which I'm really happy for. And big thank you to @Thompson for quality commenting!

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
Bit of a nightmare from me, I knew I would be slow but at least I thought I would be consistant, I wasn't.

I threw myself into the wall on both races and because I was so slow, there was no chance of regaining the time I'd lost.

Fingers crossed I can get my pace sorted. It shoud still be a fun league I just hope I can drag myself further up the grid.

Congrats to all the finishes, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
That was certainly not a race I was hoping for. @Psirus (I think it was) tapped my car from behind just after turn 1, first lap, giving me 9% rear damage. I didn't loose too much speed, but the car become a bit unpredictable (which is why I spun in one of the fast right handers). I managed to finish the race without a pitstop though.
Second race, my steering wheel disconnected during formation lap. I hope I didn't crash anyone, as I panicked a little bit and it took me a while to grab my keyboard and hit escape and retire, as my pedals were not responding as well and the car didn't stop.

Anyway, I think everyone should be more careful, especially during first few laps. Driving behind someone in dirty air affects these cars a lot and even small contact may lead to big damage. There were a lot of crashes yesterday, I started P10 and managed to finish P6, even with one spin and damaged car - that says a lot imo.

Looking forward to the next race, Sakitto is one of my favorite tracks :) I will also find time for more practice (20 minutes is not enough apparently :LOL: )

• Funny
Reactions: /CSR/ speedy.go

JackGame88

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 15, 2019
I just wanted to add: as this is NOT a social league, but an official AOR league season, if anyone has any issues with other drivers you can always report that to the stewards. It’s not necessarily a way of punishing someone, but rather improving their racecraft (most of the time people don’t know the mad a mistake or that they should have react differently) and in consequence making the whole experience more enjoyable for everyone!

Dominooo

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 2, 2019
I just wanted to add: as this is NOT a social league, but an official AOR league season, if anyone has any issues with other drivers you can always report that to the stewards. It’s not necessarily a way of punishing someone, but rather improving their racecraft (most of the time people don’t know the mad a mistake or that they should have react differently) and in consequence making the whole experience more enjoyable for everyone!
I think that's obvious...

JackGame88

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 15, 2019
Maybe, although I believe everyone had some complaints so far, but nothing’s been raised, so just wanted to remind everyone that option.

Psirus

Formula Karter
Jan 5, 2020
That was certainly not a race I was hoping for. @Psirus (I think it was) tapped my car from behind just after turn 1, first lap, giving me 9% rear damage. I didn't loose too much speed, but the car become a bit unpredictable (which is why I spun in one of the fast right handers). I managed to finish the race without a pitstop though.
Second race, my steering wheel disconnected during formation lap. I hope I didn't crash anyone, as I panicked a little bit and it took me a while to grab my keyboard and hit escape and retire, as my pedals were not responding as well and the car didn't stop.

Anyway, I think everyone should be more careful, especially during first few laps. Driving behind someone in dirty air affects these cars a lot and even small contact may lead to big damage. There were a lot of crashes yesterday, I started P10 and managed to finish P6, even with one spin and damaged car - that says a lot imo.

Looking forward to the next race, Sakitto is one of my favorite tracks :) I will also find time for more practice (20 minutes is not enough apparently :LOL: )
I've reviewed the replay and, yes, I touched you slightly at the exit of the first corner. Not intentional. My apologies as it was clearly my fault.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I think that's obvious...
Not for everyone. A lot of people view the stewards as a bad place and that if you go to the stewaards with something everyone will think you're a snitch and hate you forever. I know that sounds bizarre but I'm pretty sure at least some of the people reading this can nod their head in agreement that they do or have felt this way at some point while racing in AOR.

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Not for everyone. A lot of people view the stewards as a bad place and that if you go to the stewaards with something everyone will think you're a snitch and hate you forever. I know that sounds bizarre but I'm pretty sure at least some of the people reading this can nod their head in agreement that they do or have felt this way at some point while racing in AOR.
I know I was quite vocal at Hockenheim, but after looking at the replay several times, none of the incidents were worth reporting to the stewards. They were just racing incidents or bad luck I guess.

I don't view the stewards as a bad place. Sure enough, it's a bit of a downer when someone raises ab enquiry against you, but that's racing. If there was no discipline, then drivers would literally get away with murder. So there has to be something in place.

It's the same thing with karting. You have Marshall's, race directors, and other members of staff who are all watching you. I was even part of a karting school when I was younger that enforced some pretty tough rules.

So yeah, anyway, what I'm trying to say is that the stewards should be respected and not feared that much. They're here to do a job and be fair to everyone.

• Winner
Reactions: Dominooo