PC - AOR Formula Renault 3.5 season 2 - Announcement [Cancelled] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Formula Renault 3.5 season 2 - Announcement [Cancelled]

mikeself

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2018

AOR Project Cars 2 Formula Renault 3.5 - Season 2
PC
Announcement

Dear AOR drivers,

We are happy to announce the Formula Renault 3.5 league on Project Cars 2!
The single-seater talent finder! Pure racing, adrenaline and the opportunity to demonstrate your unique talent behind the steering wheel.

The Formula Renault 3.5 Series is an championship for open wheel, formula cars held across our Project Cars 2 World. The championship will feature drivers competing in Formula Renault cars that conform to the technical regulations of real Formula Renault cars from 2015.
This season is the second Formula Renault 3.5 Series at AOR.

This 6-round season will travel across United States, Austria, England and Italy.
The season will begin at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on 25 September and will finish on 30 October at Long Beach, Los Angeles.

A Tuesday's race evening consists of a 10 minutes long qualifying and 2 races, one Sprint race calculated for 20 minutes with standing start based on the qualifying session and one feature race calculated for 40 minutes with rolling start with one formation lap and starting grid based on the sprint race result with top 10 reversed.
The league is not open to setup modifications, so you have the choice between either the loose or stable
default setup. If you hit the wall or your opponent on the track, it will impact your performance, but you can always limp back to the pits with the damage on performance impacting only. DRS usage is free to use at any point in the race on any part of the track.

Sign-up & Time trials:
Sign-up Thread
Time Trial thread

Important links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Important dates:
● Announcement: 03.09.2018 (Monday)
● Sign-up & time trial opens: 03.09.2018 (Monday)
● Sign-up & time trial closed: 17.09.2018 (Sunday)
● Driver placement announcement & start of team registration: 18.09.2018 (Tuesday)
● Season begins: 25.09.2018 (Tuesday)

Race Calendar:

Stay tuned for more info
See you on the starting grid!

Last edited by a moderator:

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
It's sad to see so little activity in the sign-up thread considering there were so many people interested in this league in the first place. Come on guys, let's make this long anticipated league happen. We need 28 guys minimum so every sign-up helps!
@Jardier @Popsu @fab.ICEMAN @Yoohan24 @Mr. Van Ommen @SteveA @Daniel Nesterowicz @ZAL @Tudesertpac @N1kmido @Adalexis @ScottV @VSR Noah @Ironik @Nagrom @Beau @DiHeidi @DyndaS @Villalobos @TX3 guibZ @fireflaai @LeoNTheSickOne @Zenny @TX3 StorM @Speeddmon91 @King-kodiak @Bezerka @Col.McCoy @borates @DANGEROUS GIANETTA @ShaggyDan @DaWu @Lusti @John_Beauregard @Niclas Domino @Dannyvdmeer @Doc @Gosku @Portaa @Glen-Alz-81 @rciq @TheGW @Shooter80 @S4Howie @dakuza @Rickybrosh @WMDRMartin @Wagner @Newy656 @Smolda @Midweekcoma @StormENT @marley 57 @Oblit0r @Cleeuwn @mikkisbee @Evidence @jaycoool @beltan621 @dopey401 @eaZed neptune @Migzorn @Argon @tRIP.. @Corne @Raging Beard @Rob3 @couffi @TheMarshal @NanShanker420 @Lindholdt @tpmasta @Kristian Borg Jørgensen @Pitti @Boonjaski @Kapo @NoseyGuyy @mikeself @SebCooke_ @Murph @willv @DoR @ZeroStefan @GreaseMonkey @Witte29 @Browny29 @poisike78 @HFO @D.Brezancic @Cravgar @MADDOG @Deerladog @chabas @Rysio666 @Pirate @spacemonkee78 @S.Takhar @morphee7 @CameronB @Zachflange @Szekely915 @Andrei Voicu @JKay14 @liamreeceturton @Xeonski @TheEpicSnowWolf @ZeFau @R0kelis @Anduaa @Gurken Koenig @Hetharion @chasegaminguk @RiffMajster @avliSOnun @Stephan @LiboCZ @GIXXERosg @Happyal27 @Nommie @dr_green @blackmiles @Evangelist @zalmoxis91 @PhantomHamster @Izzizo @CarbonUK @ringman @hoodie337 @ogrfre01 @VoodooChild @Gwegwyn @kevin bolland @MatiasHR @Hagster @Seamas111 @Veasna @Gav88888 @Captain Slow @TX3 Sonique @MTN @Junglie @CypherPrime @Magneten1 @nobby101 @Aarup

Gwegwyn

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Although I'd love to join, I simply do not have the time in the next 8 months to join any new league (which also means I'll miss S11 GT3) =(

Pirate

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Thanks for the tag, I didn't even know this league started.

Happyal27

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 4 Champion
Feb 24, 2018
Is this likely to overlap with the GT3 league?

EDIT - just seen the GT3 announcement so can answer my own question.

Reactions: Maddog40

mikeself

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2018
the deadline for signing up and time trial submissions postponed to new deadline: Sunday September 23rd

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
Im unfortunately on vacation so cant get anything in untill next week.

If its okay, I would like to join mid-season if you still need drivers. Cause Im missing the first 2 races anyway because of work. After that I should be able to make every race though

Reactions: mikeself

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Sadly I have to inform you that we have decided to cancel this league as result of a lack of interest. We know some of you wanted the league to start anyway, but from experience we can tell that the current amount of sign-ups isn't enough to start the league. I would also like to apologise for the lack of information at times from our side. We plan on doing some social races with the FR3.5, so please feel free to join for some nice open-wheel racing.

Campo675

PC S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Sep 29, 2017
Thats sad... I missed the social as I mentioned earlier when I signed up I will be missing the first round as I waiting for a replacement Rift. I got it and was all set up to race from the 2nd round... aaarrrggg the GT3s with custom setup races are so not fun. too big a difference in speed, eventually it feels like you are just driving around the track with other random cars. might be one or two battles that go on for the whole race

• Friendly
Reactions: mikeself

cjkck2

Junior Karter
Feb 25, 2019
so id love to join or be in a PC2 leauige and tuesdays work is this still active?

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
so id love to join or be in a PC2 leauige and tuesdays work is this still active?
Nope, never got the season off its feet sadly. Honestly, there just wasn't enough people to get it going. Racing with 8-10 people every race isn't all that fun..
We are discussing plans about trying to gather interest for this again but nothing has been decided yet. Keep an eye out as there might be something in the coming month. Again, can't promise you anything :p

cjkck2

Junior Karter
Feb 25, 2019
I know it's obviously very early to say but very few leagues happen on a Tuesday?