PS4 - AOR Ginetta GT5 S1 - PS4 Tier 2 - ROUND 3 & 4 - Oschersleben B - Wednesday 12 September 2018 @8pm UK time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Ginetta GT5 S1 - PS4 Tier 2 - ROUND 3 & 4 - Oschersleben B - Wednesday 12 September 2018 @8pm UK time

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016

AOR Project Cars 2 Ginetta GT5
PS4 - Oschersleben B

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 12 September 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Sprint race: 20 minutes. Starting order is Championship standings.
- Main race: 40 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race.

● Weather Conditions (Real Time):
- Sprint race: Rain
- Main race: Overcast

In-game time-of-day information (real-time progression):
- Sprint race: 7 October 2018, 11:00
- Main race: 7 October 2018, 16:00

Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take the car to the track in the social race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the race. As a driver in our social events, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Main race startingorder (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

Useful Links:
● League Rules
● League Information
● Race Calendar

Tomji_

AOR PS4 GT3 S13 T4 Champion
Apr 9, 2017
This is the track I know the least in this championship, so let's see how we go :eek:

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Driver Notice
Last week's races were a lot of fun and for the most part raced well. (y)

There were a few instances of drivers needing to show more awareness of what's going on around them at Brands Hatch. We are going to be streamed live on the AOR channel this week so I just want us all to take note of a few things that have been brought to my attention.

The Rolling Start

It wasn't too bad for the first round with a number of new drivers, so well done. One thing that caused an issue was in the second race someone disconnected going into the race. This meant alot of people had shifted up a position. Not everyone picked up on this and it caused there to be 2 packs on the rolling start in the confusion.

TIP: Take note of your starting position. Also, just as importantly, the name of the drivers who start in front and behind you. This will help you be in the correct position should a disconnection happen again.

Drivers Being Lapped

Being the lower tier, there is some disparity between the front and back pace wise and the short laps lead to a lot of lapping/being lapped. This means extra concentration is required to not impede the lapping car. There was quite a lot of blocking and it actually affected the outcome of both races. Please remember you aren't racing the lapping car for position so safely let them by, as per AOR rules. See below:

2.1 Being lapped

● We are running with the in-game rules & flags system, which means that game should alert you with a blue flag when you are about to be lapped. When being lapped, it is your responsibility to let the leaders through safely at the earliest opportunity, without blocking them. Also, you can see if the driver is a lap higher than you by looking at the mini-map - the car will be highlighted by a red colour, instead of regular grey one.

● As a means of helping with blue flags, we advise the leaders to flash their lights at cars due to be lapped. This should not be done excessively. This is their cue to move out of your way. Therefore, flashing your lights at a competitor you are racing for position is not to be used as a "distraction technique" or in anger at an incident.

Rejoining the Track

Incidents that were brought to my attention were due to drivers rejoining the track in an unsafe way. It is your responsibility to ensure you get back on track safely without causing additional incidents.

1.6 Spacial Awareness

● If you spin off whilst the pack is close, rejoining the track immediately is ill-advised. You do not ghost and you will cause accidents. Staying still is the best option until the other cars have avoided you. It is far easier to avoid a stationary obstacle.

● If you go off the track, rejoin in a manner that is both safe and in no way a danger to other competitors.

This isn't a telling off, as i said it was good round overall.

With us being broadcast live, these are the areas we need to up our game. So we don't show ourselves up or show up AOR to the viewing audience.

Hopefully this reminder of what is expected will help in the heat of battle on track, then we can take the correct actions that are expected of us.

See you on the track

Last edited:

Tomji_

Apr 9, 2017
:confused: I am not getting on with this track at all. I had half hour in the dry and struggled to get some timed laps in - I dread to think what I'll be like in the wet :eek:!

Tomji_

Apr 9, 2017
Hi All - Just in case you haven't seen my message in the PS Messenger group, I will be hosting a practice session tonight with inter-changable weather from around 7pm BST for this track. Just give me a shout if you would like an invite. (y)

Tomji_

Apr 9, 2017
Lobby open and session about to start. 4 hours session, 1 hour dry, 1 hour wet, 1 hour dry, 1 hour wet. Just give me a shout if you want an invite. Will send invites out when I'm not on track and see people online. Hopefully see you there.

Reactions: washy03

Fred Ogega

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
Given the 99% probability that I shall be starting in P1 for the main race, let me recheck the rolling start video again! ;)

For those who are faster, kindly pick your lines better for the start of the main race. its 40 minutes! you aren't going to win it on the first lap... take it easy and calmly make your way around us slow folks :p:D

Reactions: Tomji_

Tomji_

Apr 9, 2017
Given the 99% probability that I shall be starting in P1 for the main race, let me recheck the rolling start video again! ;)

For those who are faster, kindly pick your lines better for the start of the main race. its 40 minutes! you aren't going to win it on the first lap... take it easy and calmly make your way around us slow folks :p:D
I won't be starting far behind you in the main race buddy! :p I had a long practice session in Monday and I was still making stupid mistakes by the end of it. Horrible track!

Looking forward to tonight though. Bring it on!

Tomji_

Apr 9, 2017
If I don't set myself as ready for a race on that screen where you can do the setup, does it automatically disqualify me?

Watching the race back, apologies to Desperatetoplay, had a couple of taps with you which, looking back were probably my fault.

Fantastic battle with @Fred Ogega and @Klangan! Looked great on the stream!

Reactions: Fred Ogega

Fred Ogega

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 27, 2016
If I don't set myself as ready for a race on that screen where you can do the setup, does it automatically disqualify me?

Watching the race back, apologies to Desperatetoplay, had a couple of taps with you which, looking back were probably my fault.

Fantastic battle with @Fred Ogega and @Klangan! Looked great on the stream!
enjoyed the first race.... on the dry it was absolute disaster, got distracted crashed twice and ended up retiring after going more than a lap down. not quite the way i would have liked things to pan out.

congratulations to the winners