PS4 - AOR Ginetta Junior League - R1: Oulton Park Island | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Ginetta Junior League - R1: Oulton Park Island

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

The_Kaiser-MSc

5 Times AOR PS4 Project CARS2 Champion!
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2017
Difficult evening yesterday. Qualifying full of errors, in race 1 I am buffered by porfuera99 without reason and start again after the pitstop. The step was top since I was 52 seconds from the leader and I finished at 49sec. Race 2 I'm wrong and I got to the wall the third time I retired because I was too demoralized to go back to the pits and repair the damage. See you next race to redeem this opaque debut .

Last edited:

Anthony VR46

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Semi-Pro Champion
Nov 15, 2017
Q4 -R1-7th R2-7th
We’ll eventful to say the least, some strange driving going on, hopefully first race jitters, race 1 was settling in 2nd got taken out by @Wimstradamus nudged me on the fast down hill left hander.R2 in hair pin I hit another driver and took out @iej76 apologies went inside but understeered, straightened out and tapped your rear causing us both to spin, congrats to @Anthony VR46 who dodged the carnage(y) on to donni.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Just carnage to be honest, reading all the posts, obviously last nights format didn’t wrk for anyone, I found the whole situation a bit of an embarrassment considering this is meant to be a professional site. Even considered quitting the race at 1 point. Hopefully things improve for donni otherwise I’ll wait for gt3 to start, I mean look at the posts after one race:lol: #carnage as for our formation lap no point complaining as it was same for all tiers a mess, lead car should sit at 60-50 at all times the onus is on the rest of the pack to keep up and fall in line. It’s the backing up process that causes carnage and confusion.
Problems come from people not reading the start procedure! Everyone replied YES to understanding the rules and regulations. If they can't be bothered to do this it's going to be mayhem!. @YabbaTheHutt and the cods spend a lot of there free time writing up start procedures. It's not AOR it's people not looking on forums and just turning up on race night so please don't blame the site.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Just carnage to be honest, reading all the posts, obviously last nights format didn’t wrk for anyone, I found the whole situation a bit of an embarrassment considering this is meant to be a professional site. Even considered quitting the race at 1 point. Hopefully things improve for donni otherwise I’ll wait for gt3 to start, I mean look at the posts after one race:lol: #carnage as for our formation lap no point complaining as it was same for all tiers a mess, lead car should sit at 60-50 at all times the onus is on the rest of the pack to keep up and fall in line. It’s the backing up process that causes carnage and confusion.
The format works if it's done correctly.
The only issue for me is to work out a rule if someone gets a slow down warning to come off the racing line as the slow down process causes people behind to no react and hit them.

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
One point i would like to raise from yesterday @C-FOGARTY @YabbaTheHutt is that more than a handful of drivers got "slow down and reduce your speed" warnings after going wide through T1, I found myself being blocked on numerous occasions by drivers waiting to slow down in the middle of the track going down into T2 rather than pulling over and getting out of the way of fast approaching cars. For me this is poor race etiquette and dangerous driving. If you get a penalty please don't block other drivers from overtaking...I don't think there is a specific rule for that warning and what to do if you receive that particular warning ?

https://apexonlineracing.com/commun...junior-league-league-rules.28241/#post-476270

• Agree
Reactions: Manx57

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
One point i would like to raise from yesterday @C-FOGARTY @YabbaTheHutt is that more than a handful of drivers got "slow down and reduce your speed" warnings after going wide through T1, I found myself being blocked on numerous occasions by drivers waiting to slow down in the middle of the track going down into T2 rather than pulling over and getting out of the way of fast approaching cars. For me this is poor race etiquette and dangerous driving. If you get a penalty please don't block other drivers from overtaking...I don't think there is a specific rule for that warning and what to do if you receive that particular warning ?

https://apexonlineracing.com/commun...junior-league-league-rules.28241/#post-476270
These pens are causing more disruptions to the racing ! Than Good ! Cant blame drivers for trying to get rid of pen as quickly as possible, but yeah a safe place on track to do it, is Recommended . If you feel it was Dangerous Driving, and unjust, then get it in the stewards .

Reactions: VSR Davidben

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
These pens are causing more disruptions to the racing ! Than Good ! Cant blame drivers for trying to get rid of pen as quickly as possible, but yeah a safe place on track to do it, is Recommended . If you feel it was Dangerous Driving, and unjust, then get it in the stewards .
I agree, it's a shame really. If I'm honest I don't like using the Stewards unless someone completely does a Henrick on me, (Henrick being @nezehran ) :p

I'm hoping people will read it and think to themselves "ah yeah that was me!, ops! ill try not do that next time"... if you get my drift.

Apart from that, i thoroughly enjoyed it! (y)

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
Q: 5
R1: 2
R2: 3

Qualifying went better than I thought and I was happy with 5th place.

I was hampered at the start of the first race as I think it was @DeviousDoley that was in front of me but should of been on the left hand side of the grid but decided he wanted to be on the right hand side and then he hit the car in front of him nearly causing me to go into the back of him and massively compromising my start. Luckily two guys who are experienced at the rolling starts, @YabbaTheHutt and @Wimstradamus, were behind me and we avoided any major incident. After that I got lucky and avoided anyone hitting me and I moved up to 2nd where @DeuxMilles had a good lead that I couldn't close. @Anthony VR46 was behind me and was quicker but he got a wheel on the grass when he was trying to pass me and spun, leaving me to cruise home for a couple of laps safely for a surprised second place.

Race two I think @Anthony VR46 had forgotten that he should of been on the left hand side of the grid and compromised my start as I had to try and go around the outside of two cars over the start line which put me off line massively for the first corner. Then with a bit of luck and good judgement I managed to pick my way through the spinning cars and cars returning to track and found myself in third place with @Alex Varic in front and @Wimstradamus behind and that we it for most of the race, we all seemed to match each others pace so as soon as a gap got smaller, the next lap in increased again. Then a few laps from the end we were lapping @Play4Stefano, who was actually very quick and making it hard to catch, but then he lost the back end coming out of the chicane and I had no where to go and ended up plowing straight into the side of him. @Wimstradamus then got past and I chased him for a lap of two before he got a wheel on the grass passing another back marker and spun so I passed him for a surprise third place!

Overall I was hoping to challenge for a podium or two this championship but I wasn't expecting two in the first two races! the incidents at the start I wont be reporting to the stewards as I don't think they had a missive impact on my races in the end but if it happens again then I will.

Rick_motogp_35

Pro Karter
Nov 17, 2017
Others might see this differently! I Have enough evidence. Why you thought you had to barge me off track with deliberately smacking into the side off me . Is something I'm not going to let go. So see you in the stewards, unfortunately!
And you spinning me out of the last corner is allowed.
Stay on the track!!! no penalties given for that.......
Exactly my opinion dont go wide and you won'

• Disagree
Reactions: FOGGY #7