PS4 - AOR GP2 - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Main Thread

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
In my opinion I would learn no racing line for 2017 but not so late in 2016, auto gears I feel should be banned though.
What does timing have to do with any of this? Turn it off whenever you want. You're turning a racing line off, not turning your television off.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
lol can I go to F3 league and win some races?
If I wasn't in the hunt for a championship I would have offered swapping seats with you,:p though be careful what you wish for Vik you could end up in F3 next season and not win a race.;)

As for people trying to throw Auto Gears under the bus instead of RL, the only real benefit to using Auto Gears is you can just drive the car and not worry about anything else, but the only problem with that is the benefit you get is minor compared to how much your comprising yourself by using them, besides how many people in GP2 actually use Auto Gears? (I'd be very surprised if its more then 1 person) Without doubt, RL is the real villain out of the 2.

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Yh, not many will use auto gears as its just hinders you... Racing line is needed, I'd be willing to learn for F1 2017 but now might be at a push.

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Auto gears doesn't give you any advantage.
It's really dumb to use those on this level..
But it's easier to drive when you don't have to worry about changing gears. For some it might just lose them focus from the driving and they crash more and make more mistakes.
Yes, once you get used to it, it becomes routine, but you still need to get used to it :p and it might be a bit painful to begin with.

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
But it's easier to drive when you don't have to worry about changing gears. For some it might just lose them focus from the driving and they crash more and make more mistakes.
Yes, once you get used to it, it becomes routine, but you still need to get used to it :p and it might be a bit painful to begin with.
I do use automatic if I am in a sort of form where I have none of my speed and I just need to concentrate on racing. to be honest I do have to stare at the gears so I get the right gear through the corner so it does distract me for a bit. but automatic gives you no control on traction. take multiplayer. with automatic I struggled to get traction from the others. manual and I get so much more traction than them. its a trade off for automatic. stay concentrated on racing or better traction

Nexus1011

S18 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
No way. You can't be faster with automatic gears.
Shifting gears really can't distract you...it's really routine nothing else.
If something like shifting gears can distract you then you really shouldn't be in GP2 Tier...

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Shifting gears really can't distract you...it's really routine nothing else.
Well, it can't distract you. But it could distract someone who started playing recently.

If something like shifting gears can distract you then you really shouldn't be in GP2 Tier...
Well you should if you're fast enough as it's an assist that is allowed :p

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Auto gears isnt really a problem cause if you use it you'll just be a lot slower plus I dont believe anyone actually uses it cause for some races this season the host has banned auto and no one said anything.

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Auto gears isnt really a problem cause if you use it you'll just be a lot slower plus I dont believe anyone actually uses it cause for some races this season the host has banned auto and no one said anything.
pretty sure I didn't ban it but if you say so...
[DOUBLEPOST=1490374694][/DOUBLEPOST]
If I wasn't in the hunt for a championship I would have offered swapping seats with you,:p though be careful what you wish for Vik you could end up in F3 next season and not win a race.;)

As for people trying to throw Auto Gears under the bus instead of RL, the only real benefit to using Auto Gears is you can just drive the car and not worry about anything else, but the only problem with that is the benefit you get is minor compared to how much your comprising yourself by using them, besides how many people in GP2 actually use Auto Gears? (I'd be very surprised if its more then 1 person) Without doubt, RL is the real villain out of the 2.
I fear that might actually happen...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bankai_Bullett