PS4 - AOR GP2 - Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix - 22/01/17 - 8:00PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix - 22/01/17 - 8:00PM UK

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd January 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Been waiting for this one for a long time. My favorite track on the game. So much fun to drive, very flowing and I'm not terribly slow at it. Slipstream will be absolutely insane here so that'll be fun. Looking for a top 5 here

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Adore this track, had great pace in the pre-season evaluation races here and outqualified a large chunk of the F1 guys so I'm looking forward to it. A win here would be nice, definitely feel I have the speed for it, its just the strategy that could take some deliberation.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Practice has gone on hold for a short while as I've been chosen for the PS4 Codemasters Community Race, so that's interfering for a few days. In other news, I can't Time Trial this circuit for ****, but I match my TT times in quali. Bizarre.

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
We have no plans to change the rules atm, everyone is aware of the bug and knows how best to deal with it so its up to each person if you want to qualify at the front or start in the pack on slower tyres. Its unfortunate but thats what we have to deal with for this game so might as well make the best of it. :)
I was quite proud to beat the tyre wear glitch last time out, its incredibly powerful.

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
As I said before, this makes total sense of how Prehn was able to do a 1 stop at China to finish 2nd while everyone here was doing 2 and 3 stops.

This tire wear glitch is exactly how someone like me, who doesn't have any real one lap pace at any particular track, finds a free ticket to the front. My race pace has always been incredible through these CM games.

Sorry that it has to be this way really, but it would be difficult to try and morph the rules around to make everyone follow some sort of similar strategy. That would really ruin the game and make it more of a spec race than the real thing.

• Agree
Reactions: RC Sam14

RC Sam14

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 27, 2016
As I said before, this makes total sense of how Prehn was able to do a 1 stop at China to finish 2nd while everyone here was doing 2 and 3 stops.

This tire wear glitch is exactly how someone like me, who doesn't have any real one lap pace at any particular track, finds a free ticket to the front. My race pace has always been incredible through these CM games.

Sorry that it has to be this way really, but it would be difficult to try and morph the rules around to make everyone follow some sort of similar strategy. That would really ruin the game and make it more of a spec race than the real thing.

Agree my doubt began in china
But I thought I had adjustments were not the best

Clearly now i'm focusing on my other championship because for me is not racing and who is the faster driver but which take better advantage of the tyres glitch.
and if everybody started on Hardest tyres is not better

For me we have to start on soft tyres after each of us make is strategy

• Agree
Reactions: oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015

Yeah the only way round it would be to ban the use of the hardest tyre at the start of the race, but then that just turns it into F1 2015 again and just another one of these contrived leagues we're seeing more of these days (PSGL and their weird realistic cars setup for example) rather than being the most realistic leagues out there, something AOR prides itself on. It sucks that the game works this way but I guess we've gotta keep going.

• Agree
Reactions: zWoody

mallucm

F1 Test Driver
May 23, 2014
It is quite frustrating that quali is meant to be the session where the fastest times are rewarded and yet it's the complete opposite! But I guess going for the tyre wear means you start mid-pack with the risk of crashes so it nearly balances out I think. I preferred the 2014 style where you set as many flying laps as possible then everyone starts again from zero for the race but it is what it is. :D

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
It is quite frustrating that quali is meant to be the session where the fastest times are rewarded and yet it's the complete opposite! But I guess going for the tyre wear means you start mid-pack with the risk of crashes so it nearly balances out I think. I preferred the 2014 style where you set as many flying laps as possible then everyone starts again from zero for the race but it is what it is. :D
3 part quali would probably help tbh because it would remain realistic but everyone in the top 10 could start on the middle tyre thus negating the slow cars on mediums.

• Agree
Reactions: mallucm

mallucm

F1 Test Driver
May 23, 2014
3 part quali would probably help tbh because it would remain realistic but everyone in the top 10 could start on the middle tyre thus negating the slow cars on mediums.
That's true, but having a qualifying session longer than a race probably wouldn't go down too well. Especially as a lap 1 incident would mean it would all be pointless. :p

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
That's true, but having a qualifying session longer than a race probably wouldn't go down too well. Especially as a lap 1 incident would mean it would all be pointless. :p
Its why I liked the sound of a simulation mini season after S12. Yeah 100% quali for a normal league would never work.

• Agree
Reactions: mallucm

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
I'm so done getting constantly beat every race by people starting outside top 10. I might start doing the same. I hate the idea of losing places in the championship due to tyre glitch being used by some. I reckon a bad qualy may benefit me this weekend..

• Agree
Reactions: Bankai_Bullett

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Pretty happy with my TT pace only a couple of tenths away from the fast guys just hope it transfers over to online. :)