PS4 - AOR GP2 - Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix - 26/2/17 - 8:00PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix - 26/2/17 - 8:00PM UK

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th February 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Course
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

1) Talk a little bit about how much you like/dislike Vik Star for the full wet race that you just endured at Malaysia. Will we have another wet race here in Japan? Would you prefer a race with changing conditions?

2) Is 130R really all that it's cracked up to be, seeing as it's heralded as one of the most famous corners on the F1 circuit?

3) Assuming dry qualifying, what will be the pole time, and who will be sat on pole?

4) Who will win the race?

5) Who will gain the most positions from their starting position at Suzuka?

6) Ask zWoody a question .... about anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
Interview questions for you crazy kids this week :

1) Talk a little bit about how much you like/dislike Vik Star for the full wet race that you just endured at Malaysia. Will we have another wet race here in Japan? Would you prefer a race with changing conditions?

2) Is 130R really all that it's cracked up to be, seeing as it's heralded as one of the most famous corners on the F1 circuit?

3) Assuming dry qualifying, what will be the pole time, and who will be sat on pole?

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I asked for rain but I meant changeable conditions so start dry then rain after the top 10 have all pitted not **** it down for the entire race.

It used to be until they changed it in 2003 now its just like any other corner. I did have a good spin there back in S3 in full wet conditions when I managed to not hit anything and end up facing the right way so I could just carry on as though nothing had happened.

@HRacingGreen Dont know about the time cause I havent driven Suzuka on this game yet.

@HRacingGreen

@zWoody

What does the z stand for?

HRacingGreen

GT: Sport League S12 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
I just won by 16 seconds in those conditions so keep em coming if that's how its gonna be every time. Tbh I like this track in the wet but I'd prefer a dry race this time round thanks.

Its a simple flat out right hander these days, can be tricky in the wet or if it happens to be 1991.

Mid to high 34 I'd imagine. I'm hoping its me because i do enjoy this track but i know @bor44 is a big fan of this track so I'll say him.

4)Who will win the race?

For answer to this question, reference previous answer.

@zWoody is a favourite for the charge as ever.
Can I have a shot at the RD championship next season please?

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014

I'm actually quite satisfied with this race being full wet. It's a track I don't get on with under normal circumstances so the wet evened the playing field a bit because I'm sure no one was prepared for it. I should've capitalized more and had a better finish but I went too aggressive at the start.

I have seen a lot of good moments at that corner but yeah in years past it's just a fast left-hander. They should change it again!

I'm gonna go with @mazais5727 this time around. I think we see a 1:33.6

New winner this time around. I'm going with @mallucm

@Prehn

I'll go silly here. What is your favorite food?

I really have no self-control when it comes to pizza. Still waiting for @Philip McGivern delivery truck to arrive with the spinach and artichoke pie :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1487549537][/DOUBLEPOST]
What does the z stand for?
My middle name - Zechariah. Wood is my last name, and Woody is what they call me out on the streets ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1487549597][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can I have a shot at the RD championship next season please?
You're always going to be a contender, no matter what league you're in. Some might say you might even be in a "league of your own" ;)

HRacingGreen

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
My middle name - Zechariah. Wood is my last name, and Woody is what they call me out on the streets ;)
Aaaaaaand I've found the best middle name ever.
You're always going to be a contender, no matter what league you're in. Some might say you might even be in a "league of your own" ;)
Oh stop it you you're too kind :shy:

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
I like Vik Star a lot for the wet race because it gave me a good finishing position. I can confirm Japan won't be wet because I made a great prediction about Malaysia being full wet conditions and look what happened.
130R side by side is great. Also Alonso's overtake on Schumacher in 130R was the highlight of that corner.
pole time...I have no clue. @HRacingGreen will have pole as usual.
@HRacingGreen as usual
I going to with someone who starts below 15th because of the nature of turn 1, there is bound to be an accident there.
what made you get into league racing?

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
what made you get into league racing?
Ah that's a good one. I really can't pinpoint when exactly a switch went off in my mind to get in to league racing. I used to just race in public lobbies on F1 2010 and I eventually got together with a group of guys that would regularly race together for fun and we just played around with some more formal races than the regular 3 lap race, and from there it snowballed in to me looking for leagues online and here I am.

Long term goal is to get a better desktop that I can get in to iRacing and explore sim racing on the PC. iRacing is definitely where its at nowadays.

Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

mallucm

F1 Test Driver
May 23, 2014

He did very well and pulled off some great moves, but for the wet no no please no. I like the dry. I don't like the inters. I'm horrific at the full wets. If the race is wet I'm basically finished so please no more. :p

If it was a car with less downforce then yes. Simply driving a current F1 car through it no, but still fun to go side by side through. ;)

I have no idea for times, but I'm going to guess @bor44 for this. :)

I'll go for @HRacingGreen with this one.

We all know.. @zWoody. :p

What is your greatest fear? :p

Long term goal is to get a better desktop that I can get in to iRacing and explore sim racing on the PC. iRacing is definitely where its at nowadays.

Exactly the same here. Hopefully we will continue to race each other even on those! I find Assetto Corsa on PS4 is a good place to start. xD

bor44

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 15, 2015

I like having vik hosting because I don't get lag problems as with @HRacingGreen I had some. Was hoping for a dry race because I had some kind of pace but in the wets it was a nighmare. With inters I have no problems but with wets is unreal the problems I have.
For japan I hoping a full dry race. I'm fed up having wet races. Another league (SRL) we raced malasia and japan this and last week and both were in the wets and now malasia yestarday again in wets. Hopefully not more rain for next sunday. So sick of the rain.

Is not that anymore on the dry. Its diferent on a wet track but it won't be anymore next season as there will be a lot more downforce so not special anymore

I'll go for me with high/mid 33. Love this track(on dries, not on wets)

Me. If not Green will but if I'm still aiming for the champ I must win all the remainig races.

Someone out of the top 10.

Don't knowwhat to ask but it happens the same to me with the pizza. No self control about it

Last edited:
Reactions: zWoody

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
So....what does everyone think of the 2017 Sauber?

I think it's looks mad! I love the livery!

HRacingGreen

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
So....what does everyone think of the 2017 Sauber?

I think it's looks mad! I love the livery!
It looks amazing. The shark fin is mega, the livery is cool and different and the gold looks great. Shame its gonna be a shitbox so we'll only see it when it gets lapped by a Mercedes.

Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
It looks amazing. The shark fin is mega, the livery is cool and different and the gold looks great. Shame its gonna be a shitbox so we'll only see it when it gets lapped by a Mercedes.
It's them or haas who will be fighting for the wooden spoon

HRacingGreen

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Another top 100 TT time has left me feeling confident already. I think this track is coupled with the Hungaroring as my favourite track to drive. Its so much fun.