PS4 - AOR GP2 - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix - 05/03/17 - 8:00PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix - 05/03/17 - 8:00PM UK

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 18 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 5th March 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

The Circuit of the Americas racetrack has brought back Formula 1 to the United States after being gone for close to a decade. (Edit It was 4 years Woody lol) Talk a little bit about your thoughts on this circuit and if any of your strengths play in to what it takes to be quick here.

And your Japan race. Did you feel that you accomplished what you set out to do this weekend?

What are your goals for the remainder of this season?

Will Harry ever stop having a moan?

Who will take pole this race?

Who will be on the podium?

Ask @Bankai_Bullett a question ... about anything.

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
The Circuit of the Americas racetrack has brought back Formula 1 to the United States after being gone for close to a decade. (Edit It was 4 years Woody lol) Talk a little bit about your thoughts on this circuit and if any of your strengths play in to what it takes to be quick here.

Fake news, clearly.

It seemed longer, but yeah.

Austin is a track I like to drive but I'm pretty weak at overall. It's gonna take a bit of practice to be able to run competitively up front.

And your Japan race. Did you feel that you accomplished what you set out to do this weekend?

Yes. I may have been DSQ'd for not following the mandatory tire rule, but I needed to have a race where I could have a good qualifying and be able to race up front instead of the mid pack cluster that I am usually a part of. I really enjoyed the race and I was dicing it up with several people I have not raced with before.

I want to win a race if possible and I think I am knocking at the door really. With the right strategy and right determination I think I can pull it off.

Probably not, it's just in his nature.

@bor44

A combo of Harry, Mazais, and bor probably

What is your dream job? (Besides being a cod at AOR of course)

Reactions: bor44

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
What is your dream job? (Besides being a cod at AOR of course)
Dream job.... well, not so much a job, but I'd love to make a career out of building, modifying, showing off and racing cars. For fun, not so much competitively lol

Reactions: zWoody

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Its a track I enjoy I was slow as **** here on F1 2012 then quite fast on 2013 and average on 2014 so basically Im quite erratic around here. Its a track with three very different sectors so you need a setup that works on the long straight the fast sector 1 and the very slow stadium section.

My target before the race was 8th place and thats where I finished so I cant be unhappy but I was disappointed to lose 6th place because I couldnt get past @Prehn in his rocket powered Renault.

My aim all season has been to get a podium I had two very good chances at Silverstone where the game screwed me over and Austria where I messed up behind the VSC and had to change my wing which cost me probably 2nd place. If I do get a podium it will be here or Brazil as Mexico is like Malaysia for me and AbuDhabi isnt exactly my favourite circuit.

Umm probably not but if I hated every track like he does I would moan as well. :p

@HRacingGreen

@HRacingGreen @bor44 @organyx

When was the last time you were actually happy you always seem to be miserable? :p

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
I don't like this circuit much, I find it hard to be quick and consistent in the final sector but we'll see how it goes. I'm on a 5 race podium streak currently so hopefully I'll be able to continue that.

Well you can't ask for much more than a victory to be honest, so it went perfectly really. Wasn't actually expecting to win as I though Bor would have caught me as he seemed to have great pace.

To win at least one more race and *hopefully* take the title.

I'll do a deal, if I win this race I won't complain again for the rest of S12 :p

@bor44 , @Bankai_Bullett or @mazais5727 I think. Maybe @zWoody or @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL can pull off a home race hero job.

I'd like to think I'll be able to take a podium here, but I can see @mazais5727 , @bor44 , @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL and @zWoody all being in contention for it.

If I ever rejoin PCars can we be teammates and be called the "Miserable Bastards"? ;)

khayesthe3

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2016
The Circuit of the Americas racetrack has brought back Formula 1 to the United States after being gone for close to a decade. (Edit It was 4 years Woody lol) Talk a little bit about your thoughts on this circuit and if any of your strengths play into what it takes to be quick here.
I've been to this track in person for XGames and for MotoGP testing, and I absolutely love it. I've even driven the north part of the circuit (the National Circuit I believe) in a 5.0 Mustang GT courtesy of Ford at XGames. Absolutely one of my favorite tracks. The fact that I tend to be good on traction should help out of the hairpin and in S3.

Well, I didn't race but from the stewards' panel it looks like you guys had a blast.

It is looking like I will have to miss both Mexico and Brazil due to the same issue that kept me out in Japan, so I guess just finishing in some solid points here and Abu Dhabi.

Probably not, I wish I hated every track the way he did because then maybe I'd be good at this game.

@HRacingGreen or @bor44

@HRacingGreen @bor44 and @mallucm

What is your favorite type of ice cream?

khayesthe3

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2016
You've never had Rum&Raisin ice cream?!
Well, it's EXACTLY AS IT SOUNDS lol
You'll find it in basically any supermarket.

Dunno if it's sold in the US. I'd imagine it is though.
Well I've lived in California and in Texas and neither of those markets have it, maybe they have it up north

khayesthe3

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2016
Maybe it's just not very common over there.
Like PB&J in a jar is basically impossible to find over here. Not that I like PB&J... at all, but you get my point lol
I always forget that Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches aren't like a worldwide thing, because they are amazing.