PS4 - AOR GP2 - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix - 05/03/17 - 8:00PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix - 05/03/17 - 8:00PM UK

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
This lap brought to you by : A Whole Lot of Dumb

Only I can get taken out from a position of being off the track already. Thanks @Prehn for letting me back in, really appreciate it. Bravo. :meh:

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Only I can get taken out from a position of being off the track already. Thanks @Prehn for letting me back in, really appreciate it. Bravo. :meh:

That was unfortunate. I slowed down because of the crash in front. There were no proximity arrow on you, so I had no chance to know where you were. It's like there's a side pod glitch.
From your video, it looks like you overtook under yellow flags.

Nexus1011

S18 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
F*ck sake.
How did i screw that up?
Started 10th (horrible quali lap from me) and in Lap 3 SC came out and i went in pit for Mediums.
Car was really hard to drive on Mediums from some reason...pretty bad stability and traction but i did hold on to 8th pretty comfortably.
Then 2nd SC came out in Lap 16 and i went for Soft tyres (i would stay on Mediums to the end but you know..) and i was in great position.
P10 on Softs while 5-6 cars in front of me were on old Softs or old Mediums. I. Screw. It. Up. Completely.
On L22 i think i went to the inside of the Toro Rosso in front of me in Turn 8 and my car just for a spun...Codemasters thing i guess.
But i should have waited for a long straight and DRS...i was way faster then 3-4 cars in front of me.
Lost 3-4 position and ton of time there. But ok i was so freking pissed there but i knew i could catch up to them and i did but then in L25 i was behind @iJokeri22 with a wide open DRS, Rich mix on and car with 7-6 wings...i was flying.
And then i went tried to make a pass on him with probably 3 cars length...i've bottle it.
I went so damn deep that it was just pure luck that prevented me from making huge crash in a SamBastos Toro Rosso.
That was pure amateur hour from me.

I was on the way of finishing 6th and i ended 11th. F*ck.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
F*ck sake.
How did i screw that up?
Started 10th (horrible quali lap from me) and in Lap 3 SC came out and i went in pit for Mediums.
Car was really hard to drive on Mediums from some reason...pretty bad stability and traction but i did hold on to 8th pretty comfortably.
Then 2nd SC came out in Lap 16 and i went for Soft tyres (i would stay on Mediums to the end but you know..) and i was in great position.
P10 on Softs while 5-6 cars in front of me were on old Softs or old Mediums. I. Screw. It. Up. Completely.
On L22 i think i went to the inside of the Toro Rosso in front of me in Turn 8 and my car just for a spun...Codemasters thing i guess.
But i should have waited for a long straight and DRS...i was way faster then 3-4 cars in front of me.
Lost 3-4 position and ton of time there. But ok i was so freking pissed there but i knew i could catch up to them and i did but then in L25 i was behind @iJokeri22 with a wide open DRS, Rich mix on and car with 7-6 wings...i was flying.
And then i went tried to make a pass on him with probably 3 cars length...i've bottle it.
I went so damn deep that it was just pure luck that prevented me from making huge crash in a SamBastos Toro Rosso.
That was pure amateur hour from me.

I was on the way of finishing 6th and i ended 11th. F*ck.
You were also lagging a lot today when you were in front of me. Had a few tense moments when suddenly you appeared inches from my car.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
And for my last trick; I shall begin the race as Harry Green, and finish it as FERNANDO ALONSO" *wailing and gnashing of teeth*

• Funny
Reactions: mazais5727

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
After the first safety car. PURE CHAOS, didn't know what was happening around me and got spun at the hairpin by somebody. Yes I braked late but I think contact could have been avoided. Mostly by me.

Nexus1011

S18 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
You were also lagging a lot today when you were in front of me. Had a few tense moments when suddenly you appeared inches from my car.
Hmm really? That was in L7 right? In 3rd sector with tripple right corner? That was only lagg i got there.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
RACE REPORT
QUALI-P1: 1:35.630 (Supersoft)- A good lap, pretty much slap bang in the middle of what I was doing in practice. Banker was poor, cut 2 corners and just made a lot of mistakes so I knew I had to go again. Dropped about a tenth and a half to my PB (a 35.478) through losing the rear too much in S3 and missing the apex at T1. Still, 7th pole of the season and a pretty big gap to 2nd (and a McLaren front row, very nice)

RACE-P1: 51:22.558 (Supersoft>Medium>Soft)- Super nervous because I knew @mazais5727 and I were close on race pace and the battling could be pretty severe, but I also knew I had the capability to win this one. Got a shite start as I always do here and went wide into T1 to make sure both McHondas got through safely. Swooped through S1 and quickly utilised the slipstream on the back straight to retake the lead.

In the first few laps the top 3 pulled away a lot and me and Maz made a run for it in 1st and 2nd. I managed to keep him behind me and we'd just gone into T1 when the safety car came out. Annoyed that I'd missed the opportunity for a free stop and then having to drive like a grandma through the Esses to stay under the delta time, I opted to box under SC for mediums in order to stay ahead of the cars who had managed to pit when the SC came out. I knew the tyres would go to the end I was just worried about the amount of traffic I'd have to deal with.

In the end, only @khayesthe3 got ahead of me due to his free stop and I set about carving up the field from 12th when the race resumed. I made some great passes on @xXVik-StarRxX and @baba99jaga as I got on well with the fresh rubber. I caught Hayes fairly quickly and passed him pretty easily in the DRS zone, promoting me into a net lead. Mazais pitted and then a lap later @bor44 pitted and I was back into 1st. I then set about cruising round on my mediums, ensuring they'd make it to the end.

Then the 2nd SC came out (much like the RD race, for a reason I couldn't really gather) and I opted for Softs to keep me going to the end for definite, and to give me good pace if the cars behind didn't stop. Thankfully, the others did stop and I retained the lead. THEN, on L17, coming into the triple right hander, the game totally froze. The force feedback jammed all the way to the right (clearly inspired by the President of the country we were racing in :p ) and I could do nothing. I had to close the game, reset my wheel and rejoin, all while praying my points, podium and win streaks were still gonna be intact. By some MIRACLE I could do Codemasters' rejoin thing and, although now dressed as the Fonz, I somehow retained the lead (was unsure I'd still be on track as it felt like I'd hit the wall on my FFB).

When the safety car came in I stuck it in rich and legged it, pulling out a nice gap in the last few laps and getting the fastest lap as well. I had seen a glitch where the game forgets you'd used mandatory tyre when you rejoin and was worried it'd bite me in the ass after my previous salvation but thankfully I made it home scot-free, and with my teammate retaining his 2nd place :)

Overall, a fun race that could have been an awesome intrateam battle for the win that turned into a fight through the field and a dollop of luck from Codies. GG to @mazais5727 and @bor44 on the podium positions, what better way to celebrate a constructor's title than with your 4th 1-2 of the season? Can't believe the title is now just one win away. Onto Mexico!

(also GG to @khayesthe3 , @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL , @DatWallDoe and @Malaske for your home race Top 10 finishes, great stuff :) (sorry @zWoody ))

QUALI LAP-

Last edited:
Reactions: khayesthe3

khayesthe3

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2016
Started p12, was p9 after t1, and 1 stopped the race to finish p4! Very happy with that result equaling my best finish of the season.

khayesthe3

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2016

Jesus Christ you guys were bunched up, that's like 7 cars within a second and a half, I knew we were in America but I didn't sign up for restrictor plate racing at Daytona lol

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
I think that was the best race of my season, in terms of action.

Q: 3rd - 1:36.535 (SS)
Despite Harry OBVIOUSLY cheating for his 1:35.6 :finger:, I didn't actually think I'd be that far up the grid, even if I matched my PB (Which I did :D), so placing 3rd was a nice surprise.

R: 5th - 51:48.162 (SS, M). Fastest Lap - 1:40.571
Got a decent start, and immediately thought about flinging one up the inside of Maz and Harry into T1. Buuut, I thought better of it... Self preservation and all that :playful:

Then the SC comes out on L3 and I had to make a choice.
Pit NOW, spend 25 laps on the Medium, manage my tyres and hope all goes well. (1st strategy)
Don't pit now, keep track position, pit later on and hope all goes well. (2nd strategy)
Chose strategy #2, and I think it was the better choice in the grand scheme of things.

So, I moved into 2nd during the SC, and when it came in, I was immediately put under some pretty enormous pressure by @bor44, who found some pace previous to what he was doing before the SC. Luckily, I had the straight-line speed and a good car in the corners to keep him at bay... Until DRS was enabled that is.
Though, even then he seemed to struggle in a straight line, but he made a move to go around me at T12, which I defended. Then had to defend again in Turns 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 lol... He was just all over the back of me.
Mistakes in the penultimate and final corners just compounded the issue and Bor had the run on me into T1 under DRS.
With that, I made sure to stick myself onto his diffuser as much as possible in preparation for the back straight, where I planned to take back 2nd place...
So, we get to T11, and Bor gets a better exit than me BUT.... I had better straight line speed, and under DRS I caught up and we were level heading into T12. Who was better on the brakes? moment right there, and I hung it around the outside of T12 but the move wasn't done. Had to keep the inside for T13 and keep tight on exit to make the overtake stick... So that was a nice little battle there.

Pitted at the end of L9, reverted a little to strategy #1 a bit, and put on a set of Mediums with a 2.280 stop ( :love: Haas). This was to counteract any 2 stoppers in front or behind.

Came out in 11th-12th, and unfortunately was collided into by @Malaske into T1, giving me laughably minor end-plate damage. Whether or not he saw me there, I don't know, but it happened... Oh well :lol:
Once I got myself righted, I set about chasing down Malaske...
Took me about 3 laps to really latch on to the back of Malaske, as I was far better in the corners than he was, but on the straights... F*CK-ING-HELL!!!:jawdrop:
The guy was driving away from me! Even with DRS and turning my engine up I struggled to keep up!
What wings were you using dude? Because that annoyed the hell outta me lol
I even at one point tried to nudge my nose up the inside of T8... thought better of it. Again, self preservation.
Still... a few laps chasing Malaske and I finally glued my nose to his warning light onto the back straight. Made a pretty simple DRS overtake from there. Moved into 11th.

Spent 2 or 3 laps chasing down Bor in 10th, but the SC came out again on L16. :arghh:

Luckily I'd just managed to get in-front of @Rc SamBastos14, who'd just left the pits on fresh Mediums, just before the SC came out. Moved into 9th.
So, I'm running around under SC, catching up to the queue and out comes @baba99jaga from the pits on Supers... in 6th!
Now this is quite important to my race (more on that later on) because, although Baba is generally slower than I am (not trying to be a d*ck, just pointing out), he's now on a fresh set of Supers against my now less than fresh Mediums... The race restart was gonna be interesting to say the least.

The race restarts at the start of L20... and I somehow managed to get the drop on Baba into the last corner. Yet, because of his Supers, his grip was just so much better and he out-dragged me out of the corner. Kinda deflated me a bit :dead:
Still, with a bunch of cars going into T1, I managed to get close up behind Baba through S1 and set about putting pressure on those Supers of his... knowing the drop off they had. All while keeping an eye on Sam behind me.
Spent the next 4 laps sitting in Baba's wake, as I just couldn't do better than him in terms of traction.
Soooo... I had to come up with a different plan.
On that 4th lap, I put my newly formed plan into action.
Since I was a bit better than him in Sector 1, that's where I decided I'd throw him off his stride completely.
My plan hinged on my being SUPER SMOOTH in The Esses, which I was ((y)).
Then, I had to force him off the optimum line. So, I sort of pulled a slight cut-back around T6, then went around the outside of T7, then the next bit was crucial... stick it up the inside of T8 and hang it out around T9&10.
All was going to plan... Next, either glue myself to Baba's warning light (Ala Malaske) if he got in front before the corner, OR... hang it again around the outside of T11. I had to hang it lol
Got onto the back straight, and knowing I had DRS I just waited for Baba to dictate which side he planned on making me attack... Though there was a weave by him. Naughty boy! :p
In the end, he decided I should go around him. So I complied and got such a good bit of braking done, that hanging it was made pretty simple. Tight for T13, 15 & 16... Job done :D
I wonder if @DatWallDoe enjoyed watching it :lol:

Kudos if you're still reading this ;)

So, with all the battling I did with Baba, @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL had gaped us by about 4 seconds.
He was next on my list... hopefully. But with 4 laps left, I thought I'd better settle for 6th. I came looking for that, so was happy with it.
HOWEVER. (This is the part I alluded to earlier.)
Not knowing that he had damage at the time, I just set about putting as fast a lap, per lap, as I could muster in the hopes of something happening.
I was catching him a bit, then suddenly started catching him at just over 1 second per lap. Hope, it seems, springs eternal! lol
Last lap, and I got onto the back of him in S1, but REALLY closed the gap through T12. Now I was this close, if I wanted something to happen, I had to make it happen... FAST!
Enter, balls to the wall mode lol
Stayed on his rear wing all the way through Sector 3, hoping, waiting for something! Some mistake... anything! :nailbiting:
And it happened... He didn't get through the penultimate corner cleanly, giving me the chance to possibly sneak one up the inside for the final corner. Unfortunately, I wasn't close enough BUT... he seemed to drive the corner as though I was, and in doing so, went plenty wide out of it.
We dragged all the way to the line but he just edged me... by 0.081 of a bloody second :jawdrop:!
One less lap behind @baba99jaga, and I'd have had @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL legitimately on-track, instead of gaining through a penalty.
I had such an adrenaline kick going over the line though lol

Still... bloody fun race on my end.

Well done to McLaren. Nice to see their cars are actually capable of something lol
@HRacingGreen is the Mother and Father of all cheaters. #ItWasSaidOnTheInternetSoItMustBeTrue
To @bor44 for his 3rd.
And to @khayesthe3 for his 4th! Didn't expect it if I'm honest lol

Now... On to Mexico.

Last edited:

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
I think that was the best race of my season, in terms of action.

Q: 3rd - 1:36.535 (SS)
Despite Harry OBVIOUSLY cheating for his 1:35.6 :finger:, I didn't actually think I'd be that far up the grid, even if I matched my PB (Which I did :D), so placing 3rd was a nice surprise.

R: 5th - 51:48.162 (SS, M). Fastest Lap - 1:40.571
Got a decent start, and immediately thought about flinging one up the inside of Maz and Harry into T1. Buuut, I thought better of it... Self preservation and all that :playful:

Then the SC comes out on L3 and I had to make a choice.
Pit NOW, spend 25 laps on the Medium, manage my tyres and hope all goes well. (1st strategy)
Don't pit now, keep track position, pit later on and hope all goes well. (2nd strategy)
Chose strategy #2, and I think it was the better choice in the grand scheme of things.

So, I moved into 2nd during the SC, and when it came in, I was immediately put under some pretty enormous pressure by @bor44, who found some pace previous to what he was doing before the SC. Luckily, I had the straight-line speed and a good car in the corners to keep him at bay... Until DRS was enabled that is.
Though, even then he seemed to struggle in a straight line, but he made a move to go around me at T12, which I defended. Then had to defend again in Turns 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 lol... He was just all over the back of me.
Mistakes in the penultimate and final corners just compounded the issue and Bor had the run on me into T1 under DRS.
With that, I made sure to stick myself onto his diffuser as much as possible in preparation for the back straight, where I planned to take back 2nd place...
So, we get to T11, and Bor gets a better exit than me BUT.... I had better straight line speed, and under DRS I caught up and we were level heading into T12. Who was better on the brakes? moment right there, and I hung it around the outside of T12 but the move wasn't done. Had to keep the inside for T13 and keep tight on exit to make the overtake stick... So that was a nice little battle there.

Pitted at the end of L9, reverted a little to strategy #1 a bit, and put on a set of Mediums with a 2.280 stop ( :love: Haas). This was to counteract any 2 stoppers in front or behind.

Came out in 11th-12th, and unfortunately was collided into by @Malaske into T1, giving me laughably minor end-plate damage. Whether or not he saw me there, I don't know, but it happened... Oh well :lol:
Once I got myself righted, I set about chasing down Malaske...
Took me about 3 laps to really latch on to the back of Malaske, as I was far better in the corners than he was, but on the straights... F*CK-ING-HELL!!!:jawdrop:
The guy was driving away from me! Even with DRS and turning my engine up I struggled to keep up!
What wings were you using dude? Because that annoyed the hell outta me lol
I even at one point tried to nudge my nose up the inside of T8... thought better of it. Again, self preservation.
Still... a few laps chasing Malaske and I finally glued my nose to his warning light onto the back straight. Made a pretty simple DRS overtake from there. Moved into 11th.

Spent 2 or 3 laps chasing down Bor in 10th, but the SC came out again on L16. :arghh:

Luckily I'd just managed to get in-front of @Rc SamBastos14, who'd just left the pits on fresh Mediums, just before the SC came out. Moved into 9th.
So, I'm running around under SC, catching up to the queue and out comes @baba99jaga from the pits on Supers... in 6th!
Now this is quite important to my race (more on that later on) because, although Baba is generally slower than I am (not trying to be a d*ck, just pointing out), he's now on a fresh set of Supers against my now less than fresh Mediums... The race restart was gonna be interesting to say the least.

The race restarts at the start of L20... and I somehow managed to get the drop on Baba into the last corner. Yet, because of his Supers, his grip was just so much better and he out-dragged me out of the corner. Kinda deflated me a bit :dead:
Still, with a bunch of cars going into T1, I managed to get close up behind Baba through S1 and set about putting pressure on those Supers of his... knowing the drop off they had. All while keeping an eye on Sam behind me.
Spent the next 4 laps sitting in Baba's wake, as I just couldn't do better than him in terms of traction.
Soooo... I had to come up with a different plan.
On that 4th lap, I put my newly formed plan into action.
Since I was a bit better than him in Sector 1, that's where I decided I'd throw him off his stride completely.
My plan hinged on my being SUPER SMOOTH in The Esses, which I was ((y)).
Then, I had to force him off the optimum line. So, I sort of pulled a slight cut-back around T6, then went around the outside of T7, then the next bit was crucial... stick it up the inside of T8 and hang it out around T9&10.
All was going to plan... Next, either glue myself to Baba's warning light (Ala Malaske) if he got in front before the corner, OR... hang it again around the outside of T11. I had to hang it lol
Got onto the back straight, and knowing I had DRS I just waited for Baba to dictate which side he planned on making me attack... Though there was a weave by him. Naughty boy! :p
In the end, he decided I should go around him. So I complied and got such a good bit of braking done, that hanging it was made pretty simple. Tight for T13, 15 & 16... Job done :D
I wonder if @DatWallDoe enjoyed watching it :lol:

Kudos if you're still reading this ;)

So, with all the battling I did with Baba, @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL had gaped us by about 4 seconds.
He was next on my list... hopefully. But with 4 laps left, I thought I'd better settle for 6th. I came looking for that, so was happy with it.
HOWEVER. (This is the part I alluded to earlier.)
Not knowing that he had damage at the time, I just set about putting as fast a lap, per lap, as I could muster in the hopes of something happening.
I was catching him a bit, then suddenly started catching him at just over 1 second per lap. Hope, it seems, springs eternal! lol
Last lap, and I got onto the back of him in S1, but REALLY closed the gap through T12. Now I was this close, if I wanted something to happen, I had to make it happen... FAST!
Enter, balls to the wall mode lol
Stayed on his rear wing all the way through Sector 3, hoping, waiting for something! Some mistake... anything! :nailbiting:
And it happened... He didn't get through the penultimate corner cleanly, giving me the chance to possibly sneak one up the inside for the final corner. Unfortunately, I wasn't close enough BUT... he seemed to drive the corner as though I was, and in doing so, went plenty wide out of it.
We dragged all the way to the line but he just edged me... by 0.081 of a bloody second :jawdrop:!
One less lap behind @baba99jaga, and I'd have had @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL legitimately on-track, instead of gaining through a penalty.

Still... bloody fun race on my end.

Well done to McLaren. Nice to see their cars are actually capable of something lol
@HRacingGreen is the Mother and Father of all cheaters. #ItWasSaidOnTheInternetSoItMustBeTrue
To @bor44 for his 3rd.
And to @khayesthe3 for his 4th! Didn't expect it if I'm honest lol

Now... On to Mexico.
that is the longest race report ever