PS4 - AOR GP2 - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix - 05/03/17 - 8:00PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Round 18 - United States Grand Prix - 05/03/17 - 8:00PM UK

mazais5727

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 1, 2016
race of champion....:)(i mean @HRacingGreen) :D
But yeah...only now at morning i realize,wtf...why i go on pitstop when second safety car went out??but as we all know,what happens,that happens..:)
good run,with some overtakes and nervous moments...i mean after the second safety car,when i had to battle my way back to second place.but overall im happy with result,and with big hopes for mexico...:)
cheers guys;)

Reactions: HRacingGreen

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
that is the longest race report ever
Give the guy a break. He's excited.

More than can be said about me.

I qualified ok, left something on the table for sure that might have seen me get my first lap ever in the 36s but it was pretty nip & tuck as I crossed the line to start my lap with 0:02 left after returning from my disconnect.

Was waiting for the lights-out glitch but somehow I was able to leave off the line the same time as everyone else which was cool. I left a wide berth at T1 but was still run off the road by Callum on exit and that annoyed me a bit, but by the end of L1 I had found my place back where I belonged after Nexus and Hayes each had their own bit of drama. I was planted nicely at the back of the Trulli train that prof had started with bor, callum, joker and I.

When the SC came out I had the same sort of dilemma as Bankai, except I actually went for the pit stop. Get myself on the medium tire and just call it a day. I restarted in dead last, though Michel took a trip down pit lane when the green went out (?) went to battle with Malaske for a lap or so and was able to dispose of him after about a lap or so, and then I came up on this huge gaggle of cars (about 7 of them) that were all jockeying for position for a whole lap or so. I thrust myself right in to the middle of this battle and just when I thought I had a sick move down the outside of the whole group that were spinning in every which direction, I was hit from the left side when trying to get off the rumble strips by Prehn who sent me directly in to a wall - race over.

Should've just stayed on the SS tires as a safe bet instead of going to the back of the grid and playing bumper cars with the savages back there. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but I wasn't expected to be put in to a wall either.

These situations I keep getting myself in to in these races lately is really starting to weigh on me, and I'm starting to not have any fun. I am not doing any more practice for these races because it's just a waste of my time.

baba99jaga

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 30, 2015
@Bankai_Bullett it was great battling mate,glad you enjoyed ))i think i was not bad,for "generally slower than you" :cigar:....and dont be suprise if you will see me again in front in Mexico))

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
RACE REPORT
QUALI-P1: 1:35.630 (Supersoft)- A good lap, pretty much slap bang in the middle of what I was doing in practice. Banker was poor, cut 2 corners and just made a lot of mistakes so I knew I had to go again. Dropped about a tenth and a half to my PB (a 35.478) through losing the rear too much in S3 and missing the apex at T1. Still, 7th pole of the season and a pretty big gap to 2nd (and a McLaren front row, very nice)

RACE-P1: 51:22.558 (Supersoft>Medium>Soft)- Super nervous because I knew @mazais5727 and I were close on race pace and the battling could be pretty severe, but I also knew I had the capability to win this one. Got a shite start as I always do here and went wide into T1 to make sure both McHondas got through safely. Swooped through S1 and quickly utilised the slipstream on the back straight to retake the lead.

In the first few laps the top 3 pulled away a lot and me and Maz made a run for it in 1st and 2nd. I managed to keep him behind me and we'd just gone into T1 when the safety car came out. Annoyed that I'd missed the opportunity for a free stop and then having to drive like a grandma through the Esses to stay under the delta time, I opted to box under SC for mediums in order to stay ahead of the cars who had managed to pit when the SC came out. I knew the tyres would go to the end I was just worried about the amount of traffic I'd have to deal with.

In the end, only @khayesthe3 got ahead of me due to his free stop and I set about carving up the field from 12th when the race resumed. I made some great passes on @xXVik-StarRxX and @baba99jaga as I got on well with the fresh rubber. I caught Hayes fairly quickly and passed him pretty easily in the DRS zone, promoting me into a net lead. Mazais pitted and then a lap later @bor44 pitted and I was back into 1st. I then set about cruising round on my mediums, ensuring they'd make it to the end.

Then the 2nd SC came out (much like the RD race, for a reason I couldn't really gather) and I opted for Softs to keep me going to the end for definite, and to give me good pace if the cars behind didn't stop. Thankfully, the others did stop and I retained the lead. THEN, on L17, coming into the triple right hander, the game totally froze. The force feedback jammed all the way to the right (clearly inspired by the President of the country we were racing in :p ) and I could do nothing. I had to close the game, reset my wheel and rejoin, all while praying my points, podium and win streaks were still gonna be intact. By some MIRACLE I could do Codemasters' rejoin thing and, although now dressed as the Fonz, I somehow retained the lead (was unsure I'd still be on track as it felt like I'd hit the wall on my FFB).

When the safety car came in I stuck it in rich and legged it, pulling out a nice gap in the last few laps and getting the fastest lap as well. I had seen a glitch where the game forgets you'd used mandatory tyre when you rejoin and was worried it'd bite me in the ass after my previous salvation but thankfully I made it home scot-free, and with my teammate retaining his 2nd place :)

Overall, a fun race that could have been an awesome intrateam battle for the win that turned into a fight through the field and a dollop of luck from Codies. GG to @mazais5727 and @bor44 on the podium positions, what better way to celebrate a constructor's title than with your 4th 1-2 of the season? Can't believe the title is now just one win away. Onto Mexico!

(also GG to @khayesthe3 , @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL , @DatWallDoe and @Malaske for your home race Top 10 finishes, great stuff :) (sorry @zWoody ))

QUALI LAP-
[DOUBLEPOST=1488824218][/DOUBLEPOST]No idea why that just quoted, ignore me

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
I don't really even consider this my home race because this track is over 2,000 miles from where I live. I am much, much closer to Montreal.
Its the flag that counts ;) whats your nearest international/national level circuit then?

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
The Glen is a fun one, not one I'd like to see return to F1 though as they'd totally butcher it to make it conform to FIA standards.
Not sure if you've ever heard of Monticello raceway .... it's a smaller race track but a lot of club races there and that is actually even closer to me.

In Connecticut and most of New England, the origin of racing is pretty much all dirt track racing so there's a lot of dirt ovals and other concrete small oval racing as well.

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Here are the highlights of the day I became a racing line noob.
Dont worry Organyx I'll be turning it back off after Mexico.

Last edited:

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I restarted in dead last, though Michel took a trip down pit lane when the green went out (?)
okay this is something I didn't wanted to be out :whistle:........I got a drive through penalty for falling too far back under the safety car :bag: