PS4 - AOR GP2 - Round 19 - Mexican Grand Prix - 12/03/17 - 8:00PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Round 19 - Mexican Grand Prix - 12/03/17 - 8:00PM UK

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 19 - Mexican Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 12th March 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Did you make the right strategy call after the early SC at Austin?

Are you looking forward to climbing Trump's wall to race at Mexico next week? What are your thoughts on this track?

At the moment, who do you find yourself scrapping with most out on track, and also who is your biggest rival?

Should Harry turn off his racing line for the rest of the season?

Who will fill the podium at Mexico?

Ask @iJokeri22 a question ... about anything.

Last edited:

Nexus1011

S18 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
Yes. I just screw myself out. Should have been 6th or 5th.

Are you looking forward to climbing Trump's wall to race at Mexico next week? What are your thoughts on this track?
This track is pure evil created by Satan himself.
It's pure s*it of a track.

At the moment, who do you find yourself scrapping with most out on track, and also who is your biggest rival?
With myself.
Rival? Idk.. @iJokeri22 maybe? We find ourselves battling on track pretty much every race now.

He's noob anyway. Let him have one. :p

@HRacingGreen , @bor44 and me.

@iJokeri22
I have nothing really... :D

Reactions: iJokeri22

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Yes there really wasnt anything else I could have done after my racve got ruined behind the first SC, pretty happy to come back and finish 8th but should have been much higher up considering I was between @bor44 and @khayesthe3 early on and they finished 3rd and 4th.

No Im not the track is a steaming pile of ****.

Sems to be @zWoody lately.

Well I would say yes but I used it for Austin lol.

@HRacingGreen @mazais5727 @bor44

Why are you so awesome. :D

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
nah, should've went in for SS but put on S. broke my front wing anyway so it didn't matter.
the wall aint gonna be there once I'm done. track is mediocre.
I dont even who battle with, someone tell me.
yes he should.
@HRacingGreen , @bor44 and @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL
what made you decide to race on a wheel?

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
what made you decide to race on a wheel?
Well its a racing game so why would I not use a wheel. Playing a racing game on a pad is like playing Cod or Fifa on a wheel its just makes no sense.
Also I've been using a wheel since F1 2001 so when I was deciding between getting the PS4 or the Xbox1 the number one thing that swayed me was what wheels were available.
:)

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Well its a racing game so why would I not use a wheel. Playing a racing game on a pad is like playing Cod or Fifa on a wheel its just makes no sense.
Also I've been using a wheel since F1 2001 so when I was deciding between getting the PS4 or the Xbox1 the number one thing that swayed me was what wheels were available.
:)
I hoping to race on wheel on 2017, after this season I'm going to be sweating the wheel until the start of the 2017 season.

Reactions: iJokeri22

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I hoping to race on wheel on 2017, after this season I'm going to be sweating the wheel until the start of the 2017 season.
We do plan to do another season on this game yet obviously there isnt time for a full 21 race calendar but we hope to get something organized so everyone has something to do for the next 5 months before F1 2017 which we assume will be released around the same time that this game was. :)

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
We do plan to do another season on this game yet obviously there isnt time for a full 21 race calendar but we hope to get something organized so everyone has something to do for the next 5 months before F1 2017 which we assume will be released around the same time that this game was. :)
yeah but I heard that season was going to be 100% and not on Sunday? so I probably won't do that.

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015

No unfortunately. I should have stayed out I think.

Well the wall is not built yet, so let's hurry and get to Mexico before they build it! I really like the track actually. It's fun to drive and flows pretty ok if you get the corners right. The first sector is pretty fun and the tight slow section is good too if you have a good set up and can get good rotation. The fast left right section is pretty hard and can be easy to cut or run wide so that'll be interesting in qualy and the race. I'm hoping to do well here so I can catch 3rd and maybe 2nd. Let's see what happens.

If we look at the past 3 or 4 races up to now, I would say @mazais5727, @HRacingGreen, @bor44, and @mallucm. My biggest rival? Mhmm, maybe @bor44? He is a hard racer on track and I feel he is my target in the championship.

He's won the championship pretty much, so turn it off and lets see what happens for fun.

Let's mix it up and say @mazais5727 wins it, @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL comes second, and @bor44 comes third.

Reactions: bor44 and mallucm

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

No unfortunately. I should have stayed out I think.

Well the wall is not built yet, so let's hurry and get to Mexico before they build it!

If we look at the past 3 or 4 races up to now, I would say @mazais5727, @HRacingGreen, @bor44, and @mallucm. My biggest rival? Mhmm, maybe @bor44? He is a hard racer on track and I feel he is my target in the championship.

He's won the championship pretty much, so turn it off and lets see what happens for fun.

Let's mix it up and say @mazais5727 wins it, @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL comes second, and @bor44 comes third.

That moment when you get an alert and then read the entire post only to find out that theres no question. :cry::cry::cry:

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Well the second SC came out so it totally negated it anyway, but yes, I think I did. Had the second SC not happened I think I'd still have been in a strong position.

I enjoy this track a fair amount. Was on for 2nd in the RD race here before I utterly shat on the strategy so I'm confident.

I'm usually battling @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL , @mazais5727 and @bor44 . But really, the way I've handled safety cars in recent races I could quite easily say @AORGP2 because I'm often battling right through the field with lots of different drivers.

I mean, if I were to turn it off at any tracks these final 3 would be my preferred ones :p I did this race in RD with no line just fine. If I win the title this time maybe I'll have a think about going without the line at Brazil and Abu Dhabi to get some practice in for the F1 hell that awaits :eek:

I'd like to think I'll be up there hopefully. I think @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL , @mazais5727 , @bor44 and @Bankai_Bullett will all be in contention though I'm sure.

As an ARL/AOR veteran, how has this season compared to your MANY others in terms of your own pace, the pace of others and the competitiveness of the league?
[DOUBLEPOST=1488790726][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yes, and as promised, due to the fact I won the USGP, I shall not complain again from now until the chequered flag falls in Abu Dhabi :p

bor44

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 15, 2015

I don't think so. I stayed out to have some fresh air and pull a gap and change the SS-M to the SS-S but it didn't pay out because I don't know how the hell did Green pas all those cars in just a few laps. He caught up to me in nothing and he was going to the end so...

I don't like the track but I feel pretty fast round here. In previous league races I've been pretty good here. So easi to corner cut round here. Quite like the esses but hate the 3rd sector. S1 is just 2 straights.

Been fighting with @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL @mazais5727 @Bankai_Bullett lately. But main rival is @HRacingGreen. ( although he's already won the champ) After this races my main rival will be @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL and @DatWallDoe for the 2nd place fight in the champ.

He'll know. I'd like to race in tier 1 next season just because everybody goes with no advantage with the assists.

@oo7_pROF3SSIONAL @mazais5727 and hopefully me. (That's what I hope but I know @HRacingGreen will be there to)

How many penalty points do I have? Don't know how far am I to be banned from a quali? because now there' been the resolution of japan beetwin me and bankai and maby will get another one with our incident in usa

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014

In theory yes, in execution no. I seem to just have this black cloud that follows me everywhere lately.

I thought it was complete horses*** when just driving around it on open lobby 5-lappers but when I actually started to knuckle down and focus with a setup I learned that this track actually does suit me and my driving style quite well. I think I have the chance to compete up front here as long as I can get out of my own way. It's bothering me that I'm not in more discussions for the race win or podium with the guys up front after I proved I can be that in the first few races after I got the full time seat.

I look to the guys closest around me in the points standings as my rivals, so that would mean the two Haas boys. Bankai I think has a bit more hot lap pace than me overall though so it's something I definitely need to work on. Joker and Callum and I had a great battle in Suzuka and I think it was cool to qualify near them at Austin as well. Generally, I'm a bottom half of the points dude in this league that is looking to improve his driving a bit more to get a bit higher.

Absolutely. There's no reason he should have even had it on at Austin seeing that he was over a second faster than almost everyone. Put on your big boy pants man!

Harry, bor, DatWall

If you could visit anywhere in the world (money not an issue), where would you like to go?

vagno98

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Dec 24, 2015
Nope, definitely. Had to choose between stopping (and be last) or continue in 7th place with a damaged front wing. I decided to continue and, without the second SC, I would have finished dead last on worn Mediums.

I don't love this track irl, but it is quite easy on the game so it can be a good chance for my first points. But probably I'll screw it with penalties.

Well, I think my biggest rival is vagno98 myself.

Yep :p We can't have a pole time that is almost faster than the F1 one.
It could also help himself for the next season when he'll be forced to turn off the line :D

My bet is on @mazais5727 for the win and @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL & @mallucm on the podium.
@HRacingGreen will crash just because I want this championship battle to continue :D

Will the Radical League return on PCars 2?

• Funny
Reactions: mazais5727

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
Quick reminder to all of my American comrades out there - just realized we have daylight savings this weekend, so we will be one hour closer to UK's time for the rest of the season as the UK clock doesn't change til the end of the month. It'll be a 3:00 start for you Texas folks and a 4:00 start for us east coasters.

• Informative
Reactions: oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Quick reminder to all of my American comrades out there - just realized we have daylight savings this weekend, so we will be one hour closer to UK's time for the rest of the season as the UK clock doesn't change til the end of the month. It'll be a 3:00 start for you Texas folks and a 4:00 start for us east coasters.
forgot about this, will have to post an update