PS4 - AOR GP2 - Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix - 19/03/17 - 8:00PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Round 20 - Brazilian Grand Prix - 19/03/17 - 8:00PM UK

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
  • Oh, it had started spitting by then... On L11 out comes @zWoody in 22nd, on S, and right behind us 3. Okay, he's lapped, he won't try and get in the middle of this 3-way... right?
  • Wrong. Granted, I made a mistake out of the midfield left-hander with a snap of oversteer, but it totally screwed up any attempt at a pass under DRS because he planted himself right in-between me and Phil... who at the time seemed to be having issues exiting T10 & 11.
Got it. Loud and clear. Next time I go a lap down I'll just retire.

khayesthe3

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Aug 30, 2016
Q: 2nd; a nice slap in the face by Nexus to get the pole by a smaller gap than the numbers in professional's PSN. I haven't gotten a pole in any league race in almost 3 years so to miss out by that much on a pretty crappy lap to begin with was disappointing.

R: 16th; the start of the race went really well - battled nicely with Nexus and Harry was in the mix as well and the three of us pulled away a bit but then eventually Harry's tires got the better and he overtook me and I had to pit on L6. Knew that I was already screwed due to how quickly the rain game but was going to just try and limit the pain as much as I could.

At pit exit I lost my focus and clouted the wall at the bottom of the hill puncturing my left front tire (not sure how I didn't DNF) so I limped back to the pits for a whole lap for new tires and lost a lap to the leaders.

By this time the rain had come so I am wishing that I had just suffered on the soft tires for two more laps but oh well. Had decent pace on fresh tires and was overtaking cars but then quickly got blue flags right after. Was trying to keep some sort of track position though so if a SC came out right at the right time, I can maybe squeak my lap back and start from the rear of the line on a restart. No such luck. Was out there just mainly being a nuisance to everyone around which was frustrating but I am trying to get more experience with wet weather driving.

Another disappointing race but that's typical for me at Brazil no matter what edition I play this game on. This one I definitely can't blame anyone but myself and my own stupidity for carrying too much speed down the hill on pit exit. These races are borderline embarassing lately - I know I'm better than this.

So here is my race edit. Mostly seeing a lot of blue, but here you have it.

@Philip McGivern i hit you again. :rolleyes:

@Nexus1011 i did this whole video and was desperately trying to find any place throughout this entire race where I was a nuisance to you. I didn't divebomb anywhere or really do anything to slow your pace down or hurt any battles that you had going on. I yielded quickly to every blue flag that I got and I don't see how I should just drive any different. Please, if anyone else thinks I'm wrong say something?

Also @khayesthe3 your lag at the end.

yeah man I apologize about that, my connection was fine the entire race outside of like those 45s. truly sorry man.

mazais5727

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 1, 2016
so race in brazil.after quali my only thought was-survive first turn,survive first turn..:)
first eight laps was one of the most awesome laps in my aor career :D
overall a great race with some mystic moves from Malaske under the safety car,and that flying start from 007 after safety car goes in...:)rrrrrrrrrr
in the end im full of great emotions and happy with result,so move to the grand finale in abu dhabi :)

Reactions: HRacingGreen

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
I have NEVER had a race go so catastrophically wrong before... EVER!

Q: 10th - 1:11.447 (M)
So, I figured the M-H strategy would pay off in this race... and that's what I went for in quali. But with the rain forecast in the race, I had to add downforce to compensate, so I only managed the time I did because of that.
I had actually done a 1:11.0 on the M just before the invites went out, so a 4-tenth drop because of downforce seemed about right.

R: 13th - (M-I-I-W)
Got a decent start... had to thread the needle a bit and pull a save going into T1 from some contact, but came through it unscathed and a couple of positions forward.

Rest of my race went as such:
  • Had to take avoiding action out of T3 because @xXVik-StarRxX was doing something that put him right in the middle of the track and going slow... Lost 2 positions because of that fun.
  • Spent a good amount of the first stint in 7th, chasing @Philip McGivern and @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL down. Made easier because they were battling.
  • Attempted a double DRS overtake on them at the start of L10... Would've worked if Phil hadn't unceremoniously pushed me off track in T2.
  • Stayed behind those two, figuring I'd gain out of a mistake by either driver... and not wanting to get pushed off track again.
  • Oh, it had started spitting by then... On L11 out comes @zWoody in 22nd, on S, and right behind us 3. Okay, he's lapped, he won't try and get in the middle of this 3-way... right?
  • Wrong. Granted, I made a mistake out of the midfield left-hander with a snap of oversteer, but it totally screwed up any attempt at a pass under DRS because he planted himself right in-between me and Phil... who at the time seemed to be having issues exiting T10 & 11.
  • Pitted on L12 for Inters. Following @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL into the pits, I both couldn't get the car slowed down and was caught out by how much oo7 COULD slow down... and so I had only one choice. Yes, I was the one that took out the Pit Line board. But it was either that, or clatter straight into the back of oo7. I took the best option... came back to bite me in the ass later on though.
  • This is where the fun began...
  • The moment people started putting wet tyres on, the game glitched all to hell. I saw Phil with Inter on the rear and Hard on the front... oo7 had Mediums on, when he was clearly on the Inter. Woody, who again exited the pit in front, was on the Hard.
    So yeah, the game f*cked up.
  • Through all this, I managed to get up to 3rd. Phil got past oo7 and started his charge... I mean, low wings ftw right!
    I had no chance when he got into my draft and I lost 3rd to him on L19. So I did my level best to stay as close to him as possible.
  • I got the VERY Brazilian "Rain to stop-Rain in X minutes" message, so I decided to stay out on the drying track and pit for new Inters when the rain picked up again. Actually moved into 2nd with that plan.
  • Pitted on L26 for new Inters, as the rain was back. At this point, I felt pretty good about my race... dry tyre runners in front had to pit again for wets, so I'd gained a pitstop on them, then it all went to hell...
  • SC came out on L27 and, because for some reason I focused on the wrong Red timer, I got a Drive-Thru... Yaay! I was in 2nd. That said, the Delta for Brazil is stupid slow... and I thought I was slowing down plenty, but the fucking timer just kept increasing! Had to come to basically a complete stop to beat it...
  • Catch up to the SC, with @Malaske in-between @HRacingGreen and I. Not ideal, but whatever...
  • Now coming up to T10, UNDER THE SAFETY CAR, @organyx comes flying past me and I'm pretty sure he hit Malaske... WTF was that?
    Then both he and Malaske attempt some sort of move into T1, again under the SC... But I figured the lights were Green on the car, have at it. But they f*cked it and both went off...
  • Then in T7, Malaske does an Organyx and flies up my outside... so then I'm distracted by his antics, go up the back of Harry and damage my wing. Thanks mate (y)
  • Came in to serve my Drive-Thru on L32, but with all the SC bullshit that happened I completely forgot about the line marker board and sped AGAIN into the pitlane by about 3mpfh...
  • Went to serve my second Drive-Thru, and for some f*cking reason I was forced to pit :banghead::rage:
  • So to recap... 2 Drive-Thru and a pitstop in 3 f*cking laps at the end. Pushing me from 2nd to 13th AND on the wrong tyres... F*ckin' A!

Well done to the podium-sitters.

On to Abu Dhabi. Hopefully I'm Malaysia quick there... and my luck FINALLY turns good.
lol I dropped like 12 positions in that place

Philip McGivern

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 16, 2016
Seeing a lot of comments about me...

I defend hard, if I'm first into the corner you can bet your arse I William run you out of road(y)

Don't like it, stewards are always there for you.. I bet they love me already:whistle:

organyx

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 9, 2014
I present to you the double whammy pitsop. A penalty on the way in and a damaged wing on the way out :D

Didn't want to repair the wing but instead of serving the drive through I pitted again to change it and then the lap after I had to do the drive through :stop:

oo7_pROF3SSIONAL

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 29, 2015
Seeing a lot of comments about me...

I defend hard, if I'm first into the corner you can bet your arse I William run you out of road(y)

Don't like it, stewards are always there for you.. I bet they love me already:whistle:
I'm fine wth the way you defend. It's fair and on the limit and makes the overtaking driver work hard to pass. Everything i saw you do was fair. As the leading driver you have a right to make one move to defend, and that's what I saw. I think some drivers are used to being "allowed" to pass or having it easy to where they try and overtake once and job done.

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
So many missed opportunities. Had some really good battles in my first stint. Got drive through penalty coming into the pits. Then later spun coming into the pits in front of Organyx. Under safety car I found myself a lap down. Felt someone bump me (@Bankai_Bullett ?). Then the game told me to pass the safety car. Then told me to back off. So I did. Not sure what people are on about with "mystic antics".

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My race was pretty much over in turn 1. @Bankai_Bullett had some oversteer and we made contact which sent me into the wall. My pitcrew refused to change my front wing. On lap 31 they finally decided to bring it and change. I've included the start and all of my many many pitstops in my video. I had so many in an attempt to change my wing. The same thing occurred to me in Spain.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
My race was pretty much over in turn 1. @Bankai_Bullett had some oversteer and we made contact which sent me into the wall. My pitcrew refused to change my front wing. On lap 31 they finally decided to bring it and change. I've included the start and all of my many many pitstops in my video. I had so many in an attempt to change my wing. The same thing occurred to me in Spain.

No oversteer from me dude... Sam and I bumped and I had to pull a massive save in order to not pirouette in the middle of the corner. Unfortunate that you were there, but there was nothing I could do about it.