PS4 - AOR GP2 - Round 21 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - 26/03/17 - 8:00PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Round 21 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - 26/03/17 - 8:00PM UK

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 21 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 12

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 26th March 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

The race at Brazil proved catostrophic for many people with lapped cars, meter boards being destroyed, and of course the weather. Was your race hampered by any of this drama, or were you able to fare quite nicely with the developing race?

What are your thoughts on the Abu Dhabi track? Do you think it's a fine place to end this Season of AOR?

Are you going to be back next season? What are your plans?

Who will score the surprise result at this season ender? (Could be good or bad surprise)

Predict your finishing position.

Ask @HRacingGreen a question ... about anything ...

Absent
@REYLAP_93
@mallucm

Last edited:

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The race at Brazil proved catostrophic for many people with lapped cars, meter boards being destroyed, and of course the weather. Was your race hampered by any of this drama, or were you able to fare quite nicely with the developing race?
I got through all of it suprisingly and was looking good for a podium after the SC with 6 laps remaining but as usual I managed to completely **** everything up and finished 9th.

What are your thoughts on the Abu Dhabi track? Do you think it's a fine place to end this Season of AOR?

If you think a car park is a good place to end the season then yes.

I do plan to come back next season but not in a Ferrari powered car.

Who will score the surprise result at this season ender? (Could be good or bad surprise)

@Bankai_Bullett If he is on the podium (which he should be cause he is fast at this track) it will be a good suprise and if he fucks up like he did tonight then it will be a bad suprise. :p

8th/9th

Hmm cant really think of anything I would ask what HRacingGreen stands for but Im guessing your name is Harry Green?
Thats doesnt count as my question btw. ;)
Proper question: If you coud have any job in the world except being an F1 driver what would it be and why?

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Its catastrophic btw ;) But no, how could I say anything went wrong when I was 12 seconds up the road half the time. Only the 50 metre board at T5 hampered me in the final few laps but I was already guessing braking points so I managed fine. I have to admit I laughed when Malaske and Organyx went flying up the inside of the safety car and immediately crashed I was like "that went well lads".

Brazil is a better season closer, Abu Dhabi should be 3rd race of the season as part of the first Middle East/Asia run. Its also full of lethal orange kerbs which pisses me off. Its an okay track for me, the RD race here was going well until I pushed the softs too long and punctured them so I know what strategy not to do.

Depending on what happens with it, whether it'll be an independent mini-season or an official S13 will most likely dictate what I do. I'd like to do a full season in F1 so hopefully when 2017 comes out they'll run S13 on that and I can do f1 there, rather than have my shot at F1 wasted on a mini-season.

I'm betting on @zWoody to get his act together and come through for a glorious season closing win.

2nd-7th depending on how I find the track without the line.

[DOUBLEPOST=1489999915][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hmm cant really think of anything I would ask what HRacingGreen stands for but Im guessing your name is Harry Green?
Thats doesnt count as my question btw. ;)
Proper question: If you coud have any job in the world except being an F1 driver what would it be and why?
Yeah I'm Harry Green and with my family's motorbike racing background we've always had "XRacingGreen" as any username. Well I play guitar and my ideal job is to be a session musician, but I've thought about going into motorsport journalism as well (I like to write vast amounts, in case you hadn't noticed ;) ).

Reactions: iJokeri22

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
my race was finished when I went to fast in the pit lane because the pit board was taken out. lol I became the lapped car after that. didn't fair nicely.
I came 2nd here last season so hoping for a good result, its ok but I prefer Brazil since it has more history and is a classic.
yes. in other words from terminator "I'll be back" (not on F1 2016, on 2017)
think it could be @vagno98 I still think he can grab a point if he has good luck this weekend.
probably a DNF, when you look at my whole season in general.
What was the difference between the Pad and the Wheel? as in how much did you improve?

• Friendly
Reactions: vagno98

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
What was the difference between the Pad and the Wheel? as in how much did you improve?
Personally, I don't get the furor surrounding the pad. Its really not that bad. The biggest issues I have with it are the tyre wear and the incredibly slow response time. At Monaco and Canada its borderline impossible to get round the circuit in the dry. But with that said, I did fine with the pad and did the same on F1 2015 (ignoring the hell season in S11). Its a perfectly passable platform and a lot of the fastest guys till use the pad, plus #padtraction is definitely still a thing. The switch to the wheel took close to 300 TT laps to get up to speed and then surpass my old pace, but once I'd done it I just enjoyed the game more as a whole. Racing on a wheel is so much more fun and way more satisfying and I do find that I'm faster and do better on a wheel (see my 1 win and 3 podiums on the pad vs. my 5 wins and 8 podiums on a wheel)

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Personally, I don't get the furor surrounding the pad. Its really not that bad. The biggest issues I have with it are the tyre wear and the incredibly slow response time. At Monaco and Canada its borderline impossible to get round the circuit in the dry. the switch to the wheel took close to 300 TT laps to get up to speed and then surpass my old pace, but once I'd done it I just enjoyed the game more as a whole. Racing on a wheel is so much more fun and way more satisfying and I do find that I'm faster and do better on a wheel (see my 1 win and 3 podiums on the pad vs. my 5 wins and 8 podiums on a wheel)
300?! :eek: looks like I got a lot of work to do before the season on 2017!

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
300?! :eek: looks like I got a lot of work to do before the season on 2017!
Yep :banghead: about 120 laps in i wondered if it was worth it. I was just building consistency and learning the new wheel oriented setups for a lot of that time though. The winter break was not a break for me :p

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Yep :banghead: about 120 laps in i wondered if it was worth it. I was just building consistency and learning the new wheel oriented setups for a lot of that time though. The winter break was not a break for me :p
on the wheel I'm 9 tenths off my pad time, I barely use my wheel. I'm gonna sweat it after the season

EDIT: 9 tenths off around Brazil!

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
on the wheel I'm 9 tenths off my pad time, I barely use my wheel. I'm gonna sweat it after the season

EDIT: 9 tenths off around Brazil!
I hadn't used a wheel properly on an F1 game since F1 2013 so i was about 4 seconds off at Hungary at first because I totally forgot how to do the throttle and brake :rofl:

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014

My race was more ruined by the brain fade that occurred when I was leaving pit road. It was not a great situation but I kept my head down and just continued my race.

It's grown on me a little bit since the last F1 game I played, but I still am not quick around here. I don't think any Tilkedrome really is a good place to end the season.

Yeah I'll be here. I still have something to prove on this site.

I predict at least one person getting their best result of the season here. I'll go with either a top 5 for @Nexus1011 or a podium for @iJokeri22 .

5th.

What other sports do you like besides racing? Do you play any yourself? (Sorry that's two questions but one is a followup to the other :p)

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
What other sports do you like besides racing? Do you play any yourself? (Sorry that's two questions but one is a followup to the other :p)
I keep half an eye on the NFL, however I'm a 49ers fan so I want to kill myself most times I look at any results or watch any games. I used to play a bit of cricket until I did my knee in this time last year and didn't play in any of the season and most likely won't this season either.

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
Oh come on its hard enough going 2-14 in a season please leave me be :p
Who do you back?
Well Kaepernick is just a talentless ****, but it's looking like he'll prob not return. That team would be foolish to try and retain him.

I'm not much better off as I'm a Jets fan and have been my whole life. Though I definitely root for Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck on their respective teams as well. Gotta say I started really taking a liking to Prescott as wel this year he had an astounding rookie season.

#WheresTebow

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Well Kaepernick is just a talentless ****, but it's looking like he'll prob not return. That team would be foolish to try and retain him.

I'm not much better off as I'm a Jets fan and have been my whole life. Though I definitely root for Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck on their respective teams as well. Gotta say I started really taking a liking to Prescott as wel this year he had an astounding rookie season.

#WheresTebow
Kaepernick can **** off honestly. Jets are always doing the UK games and I'm looking to get tickets to the next one so I'll know who to cheer for if they do come back :p

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

I predict at least one person getting their best result of the season here. I'll go with either a top 5 for @Nexus1011 or a podium for @iJokeri22 .
There's a suprise result and then there's that.

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
Kaepernick can **** off honestly. Jets are always doing the UK games and I'm looking to get tickets to the next one so I'll know who to cheer for if they do come back :p
Maybe i'll fly over just to see that and we can have a laugh at their pitiful gameplay together.

There's a suprise result and then there's that.
Who drank their tea with a shot of pessimism syrup today?