PS4 - AOR GP2 - Round 9 Rerun - Austrian Grand Prix - 12/02/17 - 8:00PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Round 9 Rerun - Austrian Grand Prix - 12/02/17 - 8:00PM UK

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Who caused the incident in turn 1 that spun me? And when are the coordinators gonna step in and say something about the quality of racing in this league? This is just stupid!

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
That's the fuze which blew. @iJokeri22 and @Bankai_Bullett will this be 1 warning towards being blacklisted?
I think your house nearly burning down is either A. A good enough excuse not to be given a strike or B. A really impressive and elaborate lie to get out of a strike for not turning up ;) I'm inclined to think the first one

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Nah you're safe.
Though if you don't want to race in future, I recommend a better reason that trying to burn down your house ;)
I'm always down to race. missed my best race track, onto Malaysia then.
[DOUBLEPOST=1486934800][/DOUBLEPOST]who won the race by the way?

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: Prehn

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
Who caused the incident in turn 1 that spun me? And when are the coordinators gonna step in and say something about the quality of racing in this league? This is just stupid!
That ruined my race too

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
I think its unfair to call out all driving standards really, especially based off a T1 incident. This is a narrow track and with the contact model and sheer number of cars contact is sometimes inevitable. I understand you've had some rough races recently and thats frustrating but I really don't think there's a driving standards issue in this league. People aren't shoving each other off track or divebombing from miles back, there's just been a couple of small incidents which are common place in every league, so i think that its a little unfair to call out driving standards.

RC Sam14

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 27, 2016
I think its unfair to call out all driving standards really, especially based off a T1 incident. This is a narrow track and with the contact model and sheer number of cars contact is sometimes inevitable. I understand you've had some rough races recently and thats frustrating but I really don't think there's a driving standards issue in this league. People aren't shoving each other off track or divebombing from miles back, there's just been a couple of small incidents which are common place in every league, so i think that its a little unfair to call out driving standards.

I participate in two championships and I confirm that here there are too many incidents ... too much precipitation and unnecessary risk taking
This is my point of view by comparing them Championship

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
I have to disagree. Contact is not inevitable if you know how to race. This isn't my first league. I've been a coordinator at 2 different leagues. I've even written manuals on driver etiqette and open wheel racing in an online environment. And I've never seen a racing league that tolerated this type of racing without any attempt to educate the participants.

• Agree
Reactions: zWoody and RC Sam14

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
Q: 12th - should be disappointed with it overall, but i was only .5sec off the pole time so it wasn't too bad.

R: 12th - garbage. Possibly one of the worst league races I've ever driven.

First of all, I went with the "softest" tire strategy. That was the beginning of the end for me. Looking back on it, I have no clue what I was thinking.

The first third of the race was ok. I drove halfway decent and had a great battle with Nexus after a handful of laps but eventually was able to get advantage. I found myself in the lead under the SC as I did not pit, which I was questioning that strategy call, but I was on a one-stopper and I needed to stick to that. After the restart I botched T1 which allowed Mazais through and professional tucked in 3rd behind me, surprised that my pace on fairly worn softs seemed ok as I was expecting to get the doors blown off of me.

I pitted on L14 for softs thinking I would go to the end on these. I had a pretty boring middle portion of the race, except I had a decent battle with Gordow which was difficult because he was lagging pretty badly on my screen. When the VSC came out, I decided to pit and it was then I realized that because I went with the "softest" strategy, I did not have another pair of softs to go on, so I was stuck putting on ultras, which meant I was going to have to pit a 3rd time. Balls.

My pace on the US was just utter garbage. I was not able to close any gaps on the cars ahead of me, nor really pull away from professional whom was behind me. I pitted on L30 for USED US tires to go to the end which put me 14th. I saw that my teammate also had to pit so we were both out of the points at this stage.

Last 2 laps was a nice 4-car battle with us two, gordow, and vagno, but Organyx pulled away on his fresh ultras. I had Gordow cleared after he had a tap with Organyx at T1, and then he decided to Rosberg me up the hill just as I was trying to set Vagno up under the next DRS straight ... Just par for the course really at this point - he must have really wanted that 13th place badly. Crossed the line in 13th but got put up to 12th for vagno's penalty.

Overall, my driving was decent but everything that happened today was my fault. Not sure what it is lately but I'm just bored or easily distracted or something ... making these bad strategy calls is not something I'm known for. Now i'm really angry that the first race didn't count because it was quite a fall from grace from 4th to 12th. What can you do. Going to wrap up the last couple of races here and regroup.