PS4 - AOR GP2 - Round 9 Rerun - Austrian Grand Prix - 12/02/17 - 8:00PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GP2 - Round 9 Rerun - Austrian Grand Prix - 12/02/17 - 8:00PM UK

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Race report time.

Qualy 8th 0.3 away from pole think it was the second closest qualy I've ever been in.

Race: Pretty poor start dropped to 12th and spent the first stint in 11th place.

Pitted on lap 6 a lap earlier then planned to get some clear air and went for SS we then had the SC 2 laps later and when we got going again I was up to 8th place. I got past @Prehn after he had some minor contact with another car by the looks of it and then past @Nexus1011 two corners later when he ran wide we spent the next few corners side by side until I got past at the final corner and looked back to see @Prehn and @Nexus1011 flying of the track looks like lag unfortunately from the videos so that was unfortunate for those two.
I then set after @Bankai_Bullett who had wing damage and didn't put up a fight so by lap 13 I was up to 5th place.

The race settled down a bit after that I got overtaken by @bor44 but we both got past @baba99jaga and I was matching @bor44 for pace until the SS tyres started going off and I found myself under attack from soft runners. @Rc SamBastos14 got passed me followed a few laps later by @HRacingGreen then came the moment that I feel cost me a podium the VSC was deployed on the lap I was planning to pit for new SS which was perfect timing unfortunately I didn't expect @HRacingGreen to slow so suddenly and I went straight up the back of him and heavily damaged my wing which meant I needed a 10 second pitstop however I did see @organyx fitting US tyres so I knew he would have to put again. I rejoined behind @Bankai_Bullett on much older tyres again he didn't put up a fight but my car wasn't setup for straight line speed (I was 19th in the speed trap in qualy) so it still took me a little while to get past I then made a nice move on @gordow3497 to move up to 6th which became 5th when @HRacingGreen pitted but on new US tyres there was no way I could keep him behind. His overtake was harsh but on the limit so I wont throw a hissy fit about it even though I probably could gain a place if I took it to the stewards but thats racing sometimes you lose out.

Anyway after that I breezed past @organyx whos tyres were completely dead. 5th Place was looking secure until I made the final lap much more stressful by making a mistake which put @DatWallDoe right behind me but I was able to defend on the last lap and keep 5th.

Well done @mazais5727 and the other podium finishers and well done @Bcolli187 with a great drive to get 4th I did consider the 1 stop myself but decided two stops was less risky.

I'm now just 2 points behind @Bankai_Bullett having been about 40 behind after Russia so hopefully we can have a good fight for the rest of the season but I will be losing some ground next week at Shataysia.

If anyone got this far I love you. :)

mazais5727

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 1, 2016
so..if someone needs i can put my qualy lap too,but..i can tell it anyway..first time run with ultrasofts,and get fifth place.then tryed with supersofts to beat that time but nop..:(
when i wanted to put a second set of ultras,there already was no time..
race start,pretty nervous and was trying not to crash in to someone and trying to avoid to someone crashed in to me,so please excuse me if it is wrong...:)by the way in my race video all is like under the sunlight:)
very happy with my first win.pretty clean in end.was spend very lot of time and nerves,to practice this track and game overall,but here it is..first place,and second for my teammate who had fantastic battle with bor.waiting for malaysia and as always.....cheers guys,hope you enjoy :)

Reactions: Brown

vagno98

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Dec 24, 2015
Now try it in spanish hahahah
Bravi, ora provate in italiano ;)

Anyway,
my quali lap was quite disappointing, I had a bad first sector and didn't make a good run on the last turn, so P17.
Race: I thought my race was over just after T1, I wasn't actually involved in the incident, but I crashed into a spinning Sauber and i destroyed my front wing. I had to pit and I have been in no man's land until the SC.
After the pits I believed I was on a good strategy, but the @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL divebomb and some mistakes washed up my chances of points.
Finally I had a good battle with @Bankai_Bullett (your round the outside move was risky but outstanding (y)) and during the final two laps with @zWoody and gordow (I can't tag him for some reason) but I managed to cross the line in P12. P13 because of penalties.

Here my race highlights:

Reactions: bor44

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Bravi, ora provate in italiano ;)

Anyway,
my quali lap was quite disappointing, I had a bad first sector and didn't make a good run on the last turn, so P17.
Race: I thought my race was over just after T1, I wasn't actually involved in the incident, but I crashed into a spinning Sauber and i destroyed my front wing. I had to pit and I have been in no man's land until the SC.
After the pits I believed I was on a good strategy, but the @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL divebomb and some mistakes washed up my chances of points.
Finally I had a good battle with @Bankai_Bullett (your round the outside move was risky but outstanding (y)) and during the final two laps with @zWoody and gordow (I can't tag him for some reason) but I managed to cross the line in P12. P13 because of penalties.

Here my race highlights:
That move looks more impressive from your POV than it felt from mine...

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Not sure what thats meant to mean but seriously what are we supposed to do drive round behind the SC for the whole race so theres no contact. We arent all professional racing drivers we are just a group of people who enjoy playing games and racing each other so of course we will all make mistakes occasionally.

As Harry said upload a video of these crashes I dont recall seeing any footage of all these crashes your talking about so all I can do is say what I've seen and from my pov it has been a clean season with one or two incidents. :)
What's meant by that is you guys don't know what youre doing. On or off the track.

1. Racing Rules:

1.1 Clean racing:

● Race cleanly at all times. No contact should occur between cars on track, and as a driver you are required to do your best to avoid this from happening. Accidents can happen, but if you are at fault for causing a collision, you are likely to be penalised.

● Deliberately crashing into another car will result in being permanently excluded from the league.

If you accidentally take out another car, or are responsible for causing an incident, you have to slow down and safely let the affected car(s) back in front of you on track, as long as the circumstances allow it. Even if it doesn't benefit the other car, that is the punishment you have to take for causing a collision. If you fail to follow this rule, you are likely to receive a harsher penalty by the stewards if the incident is reported after the race. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over voice chat to keep going.

The above rule still applies even if lag (connection issues) is the cause of the incident, when it is obvious that your car's lag is the cause of another driver going off, as this would still be classed as an unfair overtake. Please be more careful around other drivers if you are regularly involved in lag-related incidents.

• Disagree
Reactions: King_Rockhammer

bor44

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 15, 2015
Your run of out scoring me really motivated me so hopefully this championship can stay nice and close and we can have multiple drivers in contention by the final race
I was motivated too untill you passed me at the last lap. Hahah. Had those 3seconds too so I knew I'd lose it

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
What's meant by that is you guys don't know what youre doing. On or off the track.

1. Racing Rules:

1.1 Clean racing:

● Race cleanly at all times. No contact should occur between cars on track, and as a driver you are required to do your best to avoid this from happening. Accidents can happen, but if you are at fault for causing a collision, you are likely to be penalised.

● Deliberately crashing into another car will result in being permanently excluded from the league.

If you accidentally take out another car, or are responsible for causing an incident, you have to slow down and safely let the affected car(s) back in front of you on track, as long as the circumstances allow it. Even if it doesn't benefit the other car, that is the punishment you have to take for causing a collision. If you fail to follow this rule, you are likely to receive a harsher penalty by the stewards if the incident is reported after the race. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over voice chat to keep going.

The above rule still applies even if lag (connection issues) is the cause of the incident, when it is obvious that your car's lag is the cause of another driver going off, as this would still be classed as an unfair overtake. Please be more careful around other drivers if you are regularly involved in lag-related incidents.
I and everyone appreciates those are the rules, but the existence of those rules doesn't bring any more evidence that there's reason for a blanket statement about driving standards. Like we've said, if you think there's a problem, post a video either here or in the stewards to show what you mean. If you want a league with bad driving standards, go see XB1 F1 where Cupid has a race ban and there's multiple huge crashes every race.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
here's my last few laps chasing down @bor44 for 2nd place, some great racing right here. Also featuring some rather unsettled vocals from me as I accidentally left my mic on and voice recording from the RaceDepartment stream, so enjoy those too.

Reactions: bor44

bor44

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 15, 2015
I'
here's my last few laps chasing down @bor44 for 2nd place, some great racing right here. Also featuring some rather unsettled vocals from me as I accidentally left my mic on and voice recording from the RaceDepartment stream, so enjoy those too.
I'll upload mines later

Philip McGivern

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 16, 2016
RACE REPORT
QUALI-P2: 1:07.683 (Ultrasoft)- Went for a banker on Supers that should have been 3 tenths quicker, had it been, I'd have been tempted to start on them. Went out and did a horrible first lap on a set of Ultras which was only good enough for 7th in the end. Went out at the death and did a cracking lap right up until the last corner when I turned in too early and go launched sideways. Could have been pole without that mistake but I'm glad to maintain my front row start record here.
RACE-P2: 44:38.721 (Ultrasoft-Soft-Ultrasoft)- Went hard and fast in the opening laps but my McHonda felt like a grey and orange bin with "H" written into the dust on the side. Dropped 3 positions in 4 laps and ended up understeering my way round in 4th until I opted to pit on L7. As I came out of the pits and got utterly shafted by the lagging car of (I think) @Philip McGivern and was launched into the barrier but by some miracle maintained my front wing. I was now in 14th place and the safety car came out. At this point I was ready to accept a Silverstone-esque fate of being stuck in 14th going nowhere fast. However, when @Rc SamBastos14 came out of the pits and I joined behind him, the safety car let us pass, meaning I could do a flying lap and catch some of the cars ahead and the pitting cars. When the safety car came in me and Sam were like a freight train, as he would carve through and I'd just follow him through the field. The Softs felt a lot better than the Ultras and I made sure to keep them in good nick yet maintain my pace. We picked up the pieces of a number of crashes and when @bor44 went to pit when the battle became about 2nd place, I took advantage of Sam unfortunately hitting the back of Bor's Red Bull and damaging his wing. When Mazais pit I led the race for a bit and stretched my tyres out to lap 29 when I boxed for a blast on Ultras. Came out in 6th and set about charging onwards. I passed @iJokeri22 (sorry about how rough that was I thought you'd backed out entirely so didn't expect you to still be there) and set about @organyx on his tyre strategy escapade ;) Next was @Bcolli187 and Bor fighting over 2nd. BColli was on Softs, Bor on Supers, I on Ultras. As they battled I took advantage when a wayward Bcolli made a mistake at the final corner and I took 3rd. In the final 3 laps I chased after Bor, pushing as hard as I could, rocking Rich and Lean mix like it was F1 2014. I finally capitalised on a mistake he made at the hairpin on the final lap and pulled up along side with DRS and the remaining shreds of my Ultrasofts. We then proceeded to go side by side through turns 3, 4 and 5 and I eventually managed to get ahead coming out of 6 into the final corners. It was an absolutely amazing end to the race. Overall, super happy with 2nd, @mazais5727 was untouchable today, there was no way I'd have beaten him even without the problems at the start. This finish and Organyx's repeated misfortune mean I think I'm now 15 points clear at the top of the table heading into hell on Earth: Malaysia. A 1-2 for McLaren also feels great and the first of the second partnership which is good (its also now nice to know where we ACTUALLY are in the championship) :) GG to Mazais and Bor on the other podium positions. Lets go to Malaysia (kill me)
QUALI LAP-
Yeah sorry @HRacingGreen ... Qualy was perfect connection, lost PSN connection, re-joined and it was horrible!

Literally everyone was jumping backwards and forwards, still wanted to race but was ultimately a hazard to all.

Reactions: HRacingGreen

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

1. Racing Rules:

1.1 Clean racing:

I understand you have had some frustrating races but you seem to think people are crashing in to you on purpose and then you forget to save your video because your "to busy laughing at the league" I can assure you no one is hitting you on purpose you've just been in the wrong place at the wrong time and yes those are the rules but as I said yesterday people still make mistakes.

Maybe these guides that you wrote about racing online will help us all since we are all such dirty drivers.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I did see you guys coming from behind and battling each other...thinking where the heck should I go with my car.....okay the grass it will be :happy:

• Funny
Reactions: zWoody

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
I did see you guys coming from behind and battling each other...thinking where the heck should I go with my car.....okay the grass it will be :happy:
Haha its all good man, I've been in races where backmarkers have parked it on the apex so I was a little nervous :p thanks for being so considerate :)

mazais5727

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 1, 2016
Just means that because you came from F1, you are expected to be at the front...

@Bankai_Bullett clearly underestimates us lads:cautious:
thats only one track.as i said,austria is one of my favourite tracks.and mate....i spend 99% of my free time and play f1 2016 to learn it and get stronger..if the others and i will see that a difference is too big,i will quit gp2..but anyway,if you will watch my video,till the end,you will see,that i was not the fastest yesterday...my lap times was almost 90% of the race,very similar...but anyway this is only one track and anyway i will practice like before and even harder to get myself better and faster.
thats why we all are here,in my opinion :)

Reactions: oo7_pROF3SSIONAL