AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE FUTURE Q3/4 2019 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE FUTURE Q3/4 2019

Some questions regarding the up coming season of the SUPER FORMULA LEAGUE (max. 5 x's)

• Timed races (40/20 min.)?

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Or Lap races (fx. 13/26 laps) same distance for all races?

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Higher fuel consumption?

• Or lower fuel consumption?

• Higher tire wear

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Or lower tire wear?

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Tuesday's?

• Or Thursday's

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Should free tire choice be allowed?

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • RH/RM for Feature and RS/RSS for Sprint Race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Back to where You came from

Hi guy's

As promised a few weeks ago, here is a pole concerning the future of our cosy little league.

Just look at what You want to do for Your self, no strategic answers please.

We don't know what day's this is going to be, other than Thursday will be one of them.

IF We are to do two series in parallel, the season COULD look like this:

Last edited:

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
While I’ve put SF and Super GT as my vote I don’t know if I will actually be able to race in both series, however if as a league we decide to run two series simultaneously my open offer to the co-ords to help out when/where I can will still stand (even if I’m only racing in the one series I’ll still help out with both)

Reactions: Delaney

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
For me the Super Formula has worked well and proved popular so this should continue if the demand remains.

On the other side of things I think there should be some choice for a more GT or LMP style league for people who don't want to do Super Formula this could be a Porsche Gr.2/3 Super Cup, LMP (however the LMPs aren't very equal) , or perhaps another one make series.

Maybe there is room for a championship series with two different cars to be run such as a GT car for a sprint races and using the LMPs for a longer feature race, this could give the option to have a dual championship for both and an overall championship while having a wide enough variety in the type of cars being used to keep it interesting.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Thank You all, for taking the time to answer our little survey.
The conclusion is clear. With 41% everyone's favorite is a dual League future with Super Formula and Gr.2 (Super GT). The coord's will have a further discussion of how to implement this and We will come back with further information in due time. What We can say, is that the Coordinators will have a well deserved Summer Holiday after Season 6 and We expect to be back mid August with more racing.

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Following some discussions myself and @Jackiid15 may run a league (Interest Dependant!) during the summer break that will enable the full time coordinators to take a back seat for the summer.

The general framework of the league won't be necessarily as we currently have it, i.e 1x 15 min qualifying, 1 x 40 min feature & reverse grid 20 min sprint. It could be more experimental and be used to trial ideas for forthcoming seasons, possibly tournament style or feature different rules.

We'd like to hear ideas of what you'd like, the racing can be flexible i.e you'll be able to miss a week or two with holidays and it will be more of a social championship. However this doesn't mean it's worthless.

A few ideas that i've heard people talk about:

• Rally
  • Le Mans / Endurance
  • F1 (Mercedes W08)
  • Super GT
  • Classic Cars - (80s or 90s, cars in categories similar to Ferrari F40s, BMW E30 M3's ect.)

If you've got any rough ideas, or suggestions let us know we are open to trying to make it a fun few weeks of events. It'll be possible to have a championship points table so perhaps it might give us a champion of multiple disciplines (Rally, Endurance, Single Seaters, Classics) or whatever the final plan ends up being

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii