PS4 - AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE - MAZDA MX-5 Touring Car CUP - MAIN DISCUSSION | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE - MAZDA MX-5 Touring Car CUP - MAIN DISCUSSION

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Upto 14 now I see, @Jackiid15 I would give Obscurity a nudge to get his sign up done asap. (just in case we end up with 17 - 19 drivers)

With the DR Delaney theres no perfect formula, I will say though adding all the previous TT in seems unnecessary as sure it may have on the rare occasion decided tier placement but when we had 1 tier... I don't know about anyone else but I wasn't to worried about the TT in those instances.

Like take my SFS2 TT I was one of the slowest but that was because A. I didn't really know Autopolis and B. I knew it didn't really matter, so I think TT's shouldn't be part of a DR sure use it as a way to gauge a drivers pace and potential tier for the upcoming season, but I don't see how TT's can be used in the long term.

So that is why Jamie has gone from a 2.09 to now being a 6.59.

Ash has had some very good results and some not so good with his DR varying from 37.95 down to 6.39 and back to 45.0 and his average now being 27.13. Thereby threatening his Elite driver status. But with results in the 40-45 range he actually should only be a PRO driver.

One could argue, that We should maybe only count results from the last year or 5-6 series, but that would actually only worsen fx. Ash's status.
Now I had to quote this bit as I find this just amusing & fundamentally wrong, Ash has won the most championships (he's 2 clear of me) yet because of a few of the erratic results he had in past times (shall we say), Ash should have only 'Pro driver' status?o_O

If Ash is barely classed as a 'Elite driver' and he's won the most championships - top 3 overall in stats like race wins, podiums, poles, fl's.
Then how can any of us be 'Elite drivers'.:ROFLMAO:

I do think though its important to keep at least the records of those who did do a season and leave there mark in some way shape or form, so for example even Stevegaming he did 4 races and won 2 (I think it was) considering the strength of the field that season that's still worth something in a DR I feel.

I don't know, anyway as I said before whatever we do with a DR we know it won't be perfect, but if we keep discussing it in the open and trading ideas and opinions, then I think we'll get there in the end.

Jackiid15

F1 Sponsored Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Upto 14 now I see, @Jackiid15 I would give @Intotheobscurity a nudge to get his sign up done asap. (just in case we end up with 17 - 19 drivers)
I’ve been bugging that poor bastard all week about signing up xD
(Hurry up man, I’m getting nervous tics here)

Reactions: Delaney

Jackiid15

F1 Sponsored Driver
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Five days to go and we're have fifteen out of the available sixteen spots filled. I'm almost getting that itch to drop out and sit my ass in the commentary box...however these cars are waaaaaaaaaay too much fun to drive to not take part :ROFLMAO: looking forward to seeing you all on track. For those new here, we usually have some practice sessions Tuesday/Wednesday for those who want to get some practice in with the other racers. Share tips, have a few short races or just work on your fuel/tyre strategies.
Good luck to you all :D

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hey guys,I just made the switch to GT Sport today from F1 and plan to be racing online once my F1 season is over.I will also probably race in a league on Gran Turismo so I read the league rules.Can someone explain to me what AOR Driver Rating means?Thanks.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Hey guys,I just made the switch to GT Sport today from F1 and plan to be racing online once my F1 season is over.I will also probably race in a league on Gran Turismo so I read the league rules.Can someone explain to me what AOR Driver Rating means?Thanks.
Hi Jane and welcome to our small (but to us very important) part of the virtual racing world.

The Driver Rating (DR) is, at it is in GT Sport in general, a way of keeping track of people's racing skill's. As a lot of our racers do not take part in the "official" Sports forum races fx. because of too many bad drivers, We thought (read: I thought) that We needed to have our own. By doing a TT before a series, We are able to see where to put people, if We are enough signed up to fill two racing rooms (+20). Till date We have about 90 drivers registred in our database. Some have only done a few races, others have done all seasons and all races (nearly). If a driver chooses to leave us, We still keep him in the DR, but his DR standings will gradually but slowly be reduced.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
you can still make it, into our new series starting tomorrow. we have one grid spot open ;)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Just something I wanted to speak about is the length of the calendar, now I've known since last week its 4 rounds however I've realised that this is the second 4 round 'season' in a row.

Now I can understand short 'seasons' for the Xmas period but surely the leagues focus has to be on longer ones (like a standard 6/7/8 rounds), as with just 4 rounds there can't be a drop week and if a dsc occurs to driver(s) in this format its very detrimental to there championship hopes.

Anyway thinking ahead I hope the co-ords will be looking at a longer season(s) next time out, just my thought on this.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Just something I wanted to speak about is the length of the calendar, now I've known since last week its 4 rounds however I've realised that this is the second 4 round 'season' in a row.

Now I can understand short 'seasons' for the Xmas period but surely the leagues focus has to be on longer ones (like a standard 6/7/8 rounds), as with just 4 rounds there can't be a drop week and if a dsc occurs to driver(s) in this format its very detrimental to there championship hopes.

Anyway thinking ahead I hope the co-ords will be looking at a longer season(s) next time out, just my thought on this.
Promise, next one will be a full one

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
The plan is to run the next Season in parallel to the Inter League Championship. Two weeks of GTSL and one week of ILC. GTSL will run 8 rounds and ILC will run 6 rounds. That should keep us occupied on GTSL till April and on ILC till May.

Next GTSL Season will be our new Flagship Series with Gr.3 and Gr.4's alternating

ILC will be Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.2/Gr.1 and SF. That only make's 5 rounds why We have added an extra round of Gr.3.

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
The plan is to run the next Season in parallel to the Inter League Championship. Two weeks of GTSL and one week of ILC. GTSL will run 8 rounds and ILC will run 6 rounds. That should keep us occupied on GTSL till April and on ILC till May.

Next GTSL Season will be our new Flagship Series with Gr.3 and Gr.4's alternating

ILC will be Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.2/Gr.1 and SF. That only make's 5 rounds why We have added an extra round of Gr.3.
Idk if this idea is good but I feel the need to share it.Wouldn't it be interesting to use Gr.X for the 6th round of the ILC championship you're planning?The Chapparal and RB car look interesting to me.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Idk if this idea is good but I feel the need to share it.Wouldn't it be interesting to use Gr.X for the 6th round of the ILC championship you're planning?The Chapparal and RB car look interesting to me.
As Jack write and also it’s not just us deciding this. We would have to convince F1R (the other league) about it too. We have come too far now to open this question again. We are talking about tracks now.

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
As Jack write and also it’s not just us deciding this. We would have to convince F1R (the other league) about it too. We have come too far now to open this question again. We are talking about tracks now.
Ok,nvm.I thought it was only AOR doing this.Should've realised by the name itself lol

Reactions: Delaney