PS4 - AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE - MAZDA MX-5 Touring Car CUP - Rd. 1 @Tsukuba Circuit | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE - MAZDA MX-5 Touring Car CUP - Rd. 1 @Tsukuba Circuit

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
S10_R1.jpg

Sign up | League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Results & Standings | Time Trial | Team & Livery | Main Discussion | Pre-Season | Gaming Kin stream

Tsukuba Circuit
Total Length : 2,045m Total elevation difference : 5.3m No. of Turns : 8 Longest straight : 445m
This popular circuit in Japan is located in Shimotsuma city of the Ibaraki prefecture, and is one of the closest tracks to Tokyo. The track is fairly compact at 2.045m, but combines a variety of large and small corners, and the technical layout is a favorite amongst drivers. Since its opening in 1970, it has been the stage for many big events such as the All Japan Touring Car Championships, and is well known as a benchmark circuit used by automotive media.

Event Information

• Date: January 16th, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: Sport Soft
  • Event Format:
    • Feature Race: 38 laps - In-game ‘Grid Start w/ False Start Check’ procedure
    • Sprint Race: 19 laps - In game rolling start, with grid set by host
●Track Map
Tsukuba.PNG

● Weather Conditions:
Clear

● In-game time-of-day:
14.00h

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Drivers List
  1. @Delaney, RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 36 ms
  2. @Jackiid15, GKRT_PinkiiBoii, Scottish/Indian, 14 ms
  3. @BL99DY-NINE, BL99DY-NINE; American, 118 ms
  4. @Manx57, Manx57, Manx, 63 ms
  5. @GloriousCaesar, Cartis30, Italian, 76 ms
  6. @Wobbuffet, Ragna_Kagari, British, 14 ms
  7. @NicozFusion, NicoZ-VDA , French, 12 ms
  8. @jutngo, Jutngo, Northern Irish, 28 ms
  9. @Meg1s, Communist_Minion, Finnish, 48 ms
  10. @RLH_Wesley99, RLH_Wesley99, Dutch, 21 ms
  11. @Ashracer2011, Ashracer2011, British, 13 ms
  12. @TubbyPhantom, RGD_WRAITH, British,12 ms
  13. @Gareth Kirk, RGD_GazMania, British, 15 ms
  14. @Hasnain, Hasnain282, British, 8 ms
  15. @Intotheobscurity, Intotheobscurity, British, 10 ms
  16. @RGT hayc, Ronin_GThayc, British

Informed No Show:
Uninformed No Show:
Resigned:
Results:
Qualifying
MX-5TCC_Q_RD1.jpg

Feature
MX-5TCC_F_RD1.jpg

Sprint
MX-5TCC_S_RD1.jpg

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I'll set a room up tonight at 7.30-ish for some practise and general banter

Reactions: jutngo

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Tonight at 7.30 pm-ish, I'll again set a room up a few starts/races/banter/fiddling about/messing around

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
As always, I’ll set a room up @6.45, for some last minute practise and testing

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well the start of the new season is now upon us and it'll see another first for our league, as for the first time there is 3 champions racing (past & current) this season.

If the TT times are anything to go by then no one should be able to run away with it, and the field should be extremely tight, with plenty of battling.

From my perspective I'm hoping to be towards the front and naturally expect Ash & Hasnain to be at the front also, but with the RGD guys back, new drivers and other drivers showing good speed recently theres every potential for some surprises tonight & this season.

GloriousCaesar

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2019
Had to quit, no reason to race at all after qualifying with 20% less power and a car that outside the slipstream is undriveable. I've spun 4 times in the middle of a straight for no reason.

Reactions: Delaney

jutngo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 25, 2019
Sorry to hear that you had such bad luck there Ceasar. Really hope you can come back and try again with us next week!

I had a great night of racing. Some very firm but fair battling with both wraith and gaz. I hope it was fair anyway! In fact I think I got some side by side track time with most of the pack tonight and can't say that was any over aggressive moves from anyone. Really enjoyed it.
Result in the sprint wasn't so good as I put a wheel on the grass on lap 2 and removed myself from proceedings in style. Just like delaney actually!

GloriousCaesar

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2019
Sorry to hear that you had such bad luck there Ceasar. Really hope you can come back and try again with us next week!

I had a great night of racing. Some very firm but fair battling with both wraith and gaz. I hope it was fair anyway! In fact I think I got some side by side track time with most of the pack tonight and can't say that was any over aggressive moves from anyone. Really enjoyed it.
Result in the sprint wasn't so good as I put a wheel on the grass on lap 2 and removed myself from proceedings in style. Just like delaney actually!
I hope so

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Race Report time.

Qualy - 5th: I actually put together a couple of very good laps (my second best was just 0.006 slower) but on both I just didn't fully hook it all up and left around couple tenths out there, but I ended up 5th just a quarter second of pole.
Normally in the past I would be happy enough to be just 0.25 off pole (as that normally meant a front row or 3rd place start) but on this occasion and likely for the rest of this season, to get a front row or top 3 start you'll probably have to be within 0.1 of pole.:eek:

Feature - 2nd: Had a decent start and maintained position and I was content to stay 5th in the opening few laps, though I had to fend of Meg1s on a couple occasions.
Either way it looked like the lead pack was going to stay bunched up but then Hayc got past Tubby and started to pull away from the rest of us, and the worst thing was that there was nothing I could do about it as I was 4th in the Tubby train.

But then at the final hairpin all 3 of the drivers ahead went to deep and it gave me the chance to slip by on the inside, however Tubby and Gareth had a bit of contact and all of a sudden I had Tubby literally facing sideways directly in front of me, I had no chance of avoiding and I bumped him and with Meg1s directly behind me he bump my rear.

After what happened at the hairpin just like that I was up into 2nd, I quickly then turned my attentions to Hayc and for the next few laps we traded times and the gap stayed roughly the same until I pitted.

I came out about 10th (I think it was) and quickly caught up to a big pack of cars, I passed Hasnain and then was witnessing Delaney basically going to war with the RGD guys in a hard fought battle, as much as I was enjoying watching it I knew I had to get a move on as the lead cars were likely on a 1 stop and I couldn't afford to lose to much time.
I managed to get ahead of one of the RGD guys at T1 and then later that lap at the last hairpin the other RGD guy and Delaney battled a bit to hard and went wide and I managed to sneak by both of them.

Over the next few laps the leaders started to pit and it became clear that only Hayc was able to 1 stop, I inherited the lead and stayed there for the rest of my 2nd stint before pitting for the last time, I came out in clear air and once all the other drivers made there final stop I was in a clear 2nd place, but 13 seconds behind Hayc.

As the laps ticked down I was gaining on Hayc but no where near quick enough, and I had a hard charging Meg1s catching me as well, with a few laps to go and the win and Hayc to far ahead I just focused on doing solid laps to maintain and finish 2nd which I did.

Sprint - 6th: In previous seasons the reverse grid sprint normally wouldn't be to big a concern as driver numbers have tended to be around double figures at best, but with 14 drivers all very competitive and this track and car combo I knew it was going to be tough to get through the field.

I had a decent start in to the opening laps and made up a couple places but it was reasonably quiet for me, however just like that it sparked into life, find myself 3 wide on the outside of Meg1s & Jack and I broke a tad to late for the first hairpin and went a bit to wide, this allowed Hayc past and the on the run to the last hairpin I was on the outside of Bl99dy and he didn't know I was there and I was forced onto the grass.

I managed to recover to the track, in time to see Bl99dy get bumped by Delaney and gain those 2 positions back but dropped behind Jack, it was a pretty damaging lap for my race.
With the race not going my way I took a gamble and pitted and came out in last unsurprisingly, but it didn't take me to long to start catching the drivers ahead and I made up a few positions over the next few laps.

Eventually I caught upto Delaney at this point and it took me a lap to get past him for 9th and with 6 laps to go I was over 5 seconds behind 8th, however I then passed a recovering Ash a lap later.

As the remaining laps went by I was catching the drivers ahead but I didn't think I would catch them in time, but with them battling heavily, I was able to catch up at the end of the final lap and get ahead of Meg1s exiting the last hairpin and then also Manx who ran out of fuel, I was all over Nico for the last corner but just couldn't find a way past so I finished 6th.

Looking back I feel the tone of the my night was 'lucky breaks', I had a couple go my way in the feature which definitely went along way to getting 2nd in that race, but as for the sprint I had a couple go against me but these things are suppose to even themselves out and even so I still managed to salvage a good result in the sprint so I can't really complain.

Anyway Congrats to Hayc on his debut feature win and to Tubby for the sprint & pole, and well done to Meg1s, Hasnain & Gareth on there podiums.

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 2, 2018
My race report, pole position,
Feature honestly can't remember what position I finished! Think it was 9th.
I knew I had the pace to to get pole but it took me a while to hook my lap up and was pretty happy with it. My plan was to not be leading the race as daft as it sounds, all through practice sessions I kept my fuel in mix 3 and was still hitting mid 62 second laps using slipstream to give me those times, so I didn't battle when I was passed for the lead, and was happy to sit behind in second. Unfortunately though I overlooked the fact that I wouldn't have a gap behind me like I did in practice and put myself in positions that I could be overtaken, so I was defending and parking it on the apex to make sure nobody could get up my inside, unfortunately for me and for gaz, I put us both in a position where we had contact and I spun at the last hairpin and that really put me on the back foot. I did work my way back up to 5th after battling long and hard with @Delaney which held us both up alot, and was thinking that I could possibly salvage something and I made a stupid mistake out of the last corner and spun again. After that I just got frustrated and couldn't care less about where I finished. In hindsight my strategy just wasn't a good idea and I paid the price.
Sprint race 1st
Stsrted 7th and I drove with alot of focus as I was still fuming from the feature, worked my way up to battle with hasnain for 2nd, got past and pulled a gap, then I saw gaz go off track at the last corner and nearly collided as he came back on track but luckily we didn't and so then I built a big enough gap to finish the race in 1st. I have learnt though that trying to save fuel and be patient as this track was a really bad idea! I was happy to see how competitive this league is this season already, and hopefully it stays that way.

RGT hayc

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 10, 2016
Yeah I was well happy to stay in 2nd place for a lot longer but as I had a good run out of T1 on lap 3 it gave me the inside for the hair pin and I just thought let's give this a go and see how long I can keep in front for . But as there was a coming together at the 2nd hair pin it gave the room so I could just put in consistent laps (1:02's) till I pitted on lap 20 .

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Race report

Q11 Was probably what my talent could bring me, but still I was left with a feeling that I could have done better.

FR. Started 11th finished 11th. But a detour in the last turn costing me 2 places and numerous seconds and a forgotten fuelling costing +10s leave me a little bit disappointed, thinking about what could have been.

SR. Started well, grass and a spin f***** it up and I was lucky to get what I got.