PS4 - AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE - MAZDA MX-5 Touring Car CUP - Rd. 2 @Goodwood Motor Circuit | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE - MAZDA MX-5 Touring Car CUP - Rd. 2 @Goodwood Motor Circuit

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Well if last week is anything to go by, then I think its pretty pointless trying to guess who'll be where as its clear that the field is going to be very tight in general this season.

But we should be in store for 2 very competitive races either way tonight.
I completely agree mate. Some has been a bit faster than me, but as this is a race of staying on track, nearly anyone have a chance here, even I

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Temporary results & standings are up.

Guess who's the top driver of 2XU Mazda? :eek:

Q10 which was not what I expected or hoped for. I just couldn't string a good lap together.

FR 11th. I knew I had the pace over some of those starting in front of me and it started fine. But the small but very expensive mistakes took over. Some laps I could almost smell the Best Lap and next lap I was loosing 5-10 sec on that dammd grass.

SR 1st. Started behind @RGT hayc _Hay, @Jackiid15 (Pinkii) and @Intotheobscurity, but was able to power past the two GamingKin's in the first turn and I instantly felt that Hayc was within reach. After I got past Hayc, he was able to keep up for some laps, till he made a mistake and I suddenly was 8 sec's ahead. From there it was just a question of being conservative and keep it on track. I pitted on L10 and came out after @Manx57 and @NicozFusion, but with low fuel and fresh tires I was way faster. Last laps was nerve wrecking as I could see @Wobbuffet (Ragna) closing slowly and I was afraid that I would make a mistake and bin it. On paper it was a boring race for me, but it deffo wasn't with all You fast guy's lurking behind me.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Just seen the stewards thread and its clear that there was some issues in the races last night, I had a quick look through my replays I had both Nico & Manx stuck in the pit for me (Nico during his 2nd stint, Manx until the end of the race after his stop) during the feature, while doing there best to win the impromptu & inaugural 'Goodwood lowrider competition'.:LOL:
Sadly though they missed out on the W to this fellow and to settle for a share of 2nd;):

Though being serious about this, I think we were quite lucky there wasn't bigger problems or incidents with people not able to see all drivers.
Ash for example said he couldn't see me for a few laps in the feature, yet while for most people it seemed like he was in the pits for the Sprint, I could actually see him racing like normal in that whole race.

So there was probably a lot of mixed issues everyone had with each other at some point, I don't think it was connection based as it looks like it all stems from when people entered that pitlane and made a stop during the races, after they did it was then a lottery whether the game would register them as back on the track for everyone.

Anyway hopefully this was a one off & normality will return next week.

• Funny
Reactions: Manx57 and Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
A bit late but race report time.

Qualy - 3rd: I did a very good first lap which put me 2nd, but my other efforts were scrappy and in the end I ended up 3rd which I was pretty happy with.

Feature - 1st: Had a reasonable start and was able to stay 3rd and for the first 5-6 laps nothing much happened with everyone holding position, but then Tubby was able to half a go at Ash through the chicane and that created a 2 by 2 traffic jam exiting I bumped into Ash and Minion bumped Tubby.

But I was still able to get by both entering T1, however because of the narrow line I had to take I was slow on the exit and that allowed Ash back by & Minion to get ahead as well, in the space of 20 seconds I had just gone from 3rd to 1st and back to 3rd.:LOL:

Anyway the action continued the next lap as I was able to get ahead of Minion for 2nd exiting T1 and at the end of that lap I pitted.

The next lap the rest of the lead pack pitted, I wasn't sure how things would work out but it was a pleasant surprise when I passed Tubby (first of the lead pack) as he was exiting pits, as by the end that lap I had about a 3 second advantage over him.

But I wasn't leading I was in 3rd as Hasnain & Manx hadn't pitted, I caught upto Manx and passed him to move up to 2nd. I then started to catch Hasnain but he pitted and this gave me the lead, once Manx pitted it made the order a lot clearer, but then for the next few laps it seemed like no one wanted to be 2nd as Tubby made an error (I think) that put Jutngo 2nd, Jutngo didn't stay 2nd long as Gareth was suddenly 2nd and then Ash was 2nd.

By the time things behind me had settled down I had a 13 second lead over Ash, the gap pretty much stayed the same the rest of the stint by the time I made my last stop.
Once everyone else pitted I had a comfortable lead and knew I just had to keep it on the track and run a sensible pace to bring home the win - which I did.

Sprint - 2nd: After the last round at Tsukuba, I knew starting at the back it would be very hard to get near the front. I had a decent few opening laps and made up a few positions but I found myself stuck in a battle with Tubby & Minion, with my progress halted I decided to pit.

I came out just behind Jack but was able to get ahead straight away as he ran a bit wide at T1, Tubby pitted the next lap and came out just ahead of me but he also ran a bit wide at T1 and I got ahead.
I kept doing good times and making up positions and when I got ahead of Jutngo for 5th, with several laps to go it looked like that would be the maximum result I could achieve.

But with Nico pitting again and then passing Hayc who had ran wide at T1 I found myself suddenly in 3rd, and it became clear Manx was fuel saving a lot and I was able to take 2nd of him starting the last lap, it left just Delaney ahead of me, but with him a few seconds ahead I had to settle for 2nd.

Looking back at that night it couldn't have gone any better realistically, I didn't put a foot wrong in either race and I certainly didn't expect to win as comfortably as I did in the feature, and as for the sprint to get 2nd considering I was over 10 seconds off the lead drivers in that race when I pitted, definitely was a big bonus as was getting FL for both races.

Anyway congrats to Delaney for finally get a win, and well done to Gareth, Hasnain & Hayc on there podiums.