PS4 - AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE - MAZDA MX-5 Touring Car CUP - Rd. 3 @Brands Hatch GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE - MAZDA MX-5 Touring Car CUP - Rd. 3 @Brands Hatch GP

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
S10_R3.jpg

Sign up | League Info | Rules & Regs | Calendar | Results & Standings | Time Trial | Team & Livery | Main Discussion | Pre-Season | Gaming Kin stream

Brands Hatch
Grand Prix Circuit : Total Length : 3,946m Total elevation difference : 35m No. of Turns : 9 Longest straight : 475m
In the past this circuit located in Kent of England has been the stage for the Formula 1, and today it is known to host touring car races and the British F3 Championships. The beautiful track that cuts into a forest is known for its steep ups and downs, but because the structures of the corners are relatively simple, it is enjoyable for both beginner and expert drivers. In addition to the full GP course, the Indy circuit layout that short cuts the middle section is included.

Event Information

• Date: February 30th, 2019
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: Sport Soft
  • Event Format:
    • Feature Race: 24 laps - In-game ‘Grid Start w/ False Start Check’ procedure
    • Sprint Race: 12 laps - In game rolling start, with grid set by host
●Track Map

220px-Brands_Hatch_2003.svg.png

● Weather Conditions:
Fine Weather

● In-game time-of-day:

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Drivers List & Grid Positions:
  1. @Delaney, RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 36 ms
  2. @Jackiid15, GKRT_PinkiiBoii, Scottish/Indian, 14 ms
  3. @BL99DY-NINE, BL99DY-NINE; American, 118 ms
  4. @Manx57, Manx57, Manx, 63 ms
  5. @Wobbuffet, Ragna_Kagari, British, 14 ms
  6. @NicozFusion, NicoZ-VDA , French, 12 ms
  7. @jutngo, Jutngo, Northern Irish, 28 ms
  8. @Meg1s, Communist_Minion, Finnish, 48 ms
  9. @Ashracer2011, Ashracer2011, British, 13 ms
  10. @TubbyPhantom, RGD_WRAITH, British,12 ms
  11. @Gareth Kirk, RGD_GazMania, British, 15 ms
  12. @Hasnain, Hasnain282, British, 8 ms
  13. @Intotheobscurity, Intotheobscurity, British, 10 ms
  14. @RGT hayc, RGT_Hayc, British,

Informed No Show:
Uninformed No Show:
Resigned:
Results:
Qualifying
MX-5TCC_Q_RD3.jpg

Feature
MX-5TCC_F_RD3.jpg

Sprint

MX-5TCC_S_RD3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
It's good to be back at familiar territory. In FP1 last night We had much fewer off's that last week, even though Paddock Hill still seems to take us by surprise from time to time. Ash and I started at the front and We had a good little battle going on for the 3 laps the test race lasted. I managed to overtake him at Westfield and he got me back at Clark and won by 0,3 sec.

I'll be on for an hour or so this afternoon from 4 -5, should anyone care to join.

FP2 Tuesday from 6.45 PM and FP3 Wednesday same time.

I'm of cause also setting a warm-up session up Thursday from 6.45-ish PM

oh an important thing: There is no 12.00 race at Brands Hatch, so I have set it to 11.30

Last edited:
Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
oh an important thing: There is no 12.00 race at Brands Hatch, so I have set it to 11.30
It's a yoke! The time slot says 11:30 but the condition description says NOON so I've listed the time as noon, sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Big milestone coming up this round, the sprint race should see Bl99dy become the first driver to reach 100 races!:cool:

Also another record under threat is most different winners to start a season, we've had 4 different winners so far (the current record is 5 in season 8) and with the likes of Hasnain, Ash, Tubby, etc not won yet, theres every chance that record could go, as well as the now real possibility that there could be 8 different race winners this season.

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 2, 2018
Big milestone coming up this round, the sprint race should see Bl99dy become the first driver to reach 100 races!:cool:

Also another record under threat is most different winners to start a season, we've had 4 different winners so far (the current record is 5 in season 8) and with the likes of Hasnain, Ash, Tubby, etc not won yet, theres every chance that record could go, as well as the now real possibility that there could be 8 different race winners this season.
I won the sprint race in round 1, I'm off the hook now! :)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Game Update tomorrow, for once an extra day than usual to update the game in time before the race.
New update gave us penalties back. Which means We need to be a bit more careful till We know how they work.

I got a 1 sec penalty Yesterday, that I don't understand, but maybe @Meg1s do, as it was an incident with him. I was in front and closed the door on Mega while braking and turning in for Paddock Hill Bend (I think it was). But was I too late? Was Mega actually having an overlap, so that it was me turning into him? I don't have the replay (stupid I know), so I can't investigate it further myself.

• Informative
Reactions: Manx57

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
New update gave us penalties back. Which means We need to be a bit more careful till We know how they work.

I got a 1 sec penalty Yesterday, that I don't understand, but maybe @Meg1s do, as it was an incident with him. I was in front and closed the door on Mega while braking and turning in for Paddock Hill Bend (I think it was). But was I too late? Was Mega actually having an overlap, so that it was me turning into him? I don't have the replay (stupid I know), so I can't investigate it further myself.
We don't have contact penalties on anyway do we? As don't we leave that sort of stuff for the stewards to decide post race if needs be.:unsure:

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
We don't have contact penalties on anyway do we? As don't we leave that sort of stuff for the stewards to decide post race if needs be.:unsure:
There's a bug which means that if you have track limit penalties on, then contact penalties end up on as well (even if they're set as off)

• Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 2, 2018
It's absolutely impossible to have a league with these ridiculous penalties! I did nothing wrong at all, in fact I got pushed very slightly off my line by @Delaney which was no problem as I wasn't getting pushed off track and ended up with a 2 sec penalty. Not having that, so I suggest we set all penalties off and use common sense, or postpone races until this is fixed.

• Agree
Reactions: Ashracer2011

jutngo

Formula Karter
Sep 25, 2019
Yeah, I found the penalties quite distracting in the sprint race. Didn't really enjoy the first half of that race to be honest. Ironically, it wasn't until I ruined my race with a big off halfway through that I actually started enjoying the driving again. Was really happy just following my team mate around sticking in the slipstream to the finish.

I know I haven't been here long but if I had a vote I would also vote to run without penalties. If anyone had reason to believe someone intentionally cut a corner then you could send a private message and the replay could be checked. I don't mind helping out with that sort of thing if required.

All in all though I still had a good night, so thanks dudes. Looking forward to laguna whatever way we go with it.
I'll catch you all on track before that I'm sure.

Reactions: TubbyPhantom

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
This was why I was annoyed with you Cartis, it was the 3rd incident in a 10 min qualifying where you either blocked me by just driving slowly on the racing line on your outlap x2 times, or went off in front of me and rejoined without looking causing a collision. I tried to avoid you by dropping back and waiting and also passing you earlier in the session but for some reason you seemed to end up back in front of me at some point. You need to take more care with where you place your car on track if you are going slowly and be aware you can't just rejoin the track before looking.

Besides that qualifying the rest of the evening was more enjoyable, good racing between drivers on a very tough race track to compete on. Mazdas have definitely proved themselves as very capable and race friendly cars that have kept the racing close.

some very close racing with Hasnain in the feature race, side by side through some tricky parts of the lap.

As for the penalties, definitely a lot to be desired and it's a broken system still. I received a penalty in the sprint of 1s for @Meg1s touching my car, which seems a bit stupid given the contact was barely anything, some of the larger penalties were really just proving the point of how bad the system is especially when the driver who hasn't done anything wrong and is the "victim" of that situation gets the penalty, its double victimisation for them, worst of all is seeing the driver or drivers who were at fault not receiving anything for causing the incident regardless of how minor it is..... there's something definitely not functioning the right way in the GT sport decision making game code.

Hopefully somewhere they are getting feedback that this needs to change and can roll out a future update, there's no way it can continue to this extent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delaney and jutngo

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 2, 2018
Just caught up on Jack's stream, did you think that it's fair to get 2 sec penalty for you trading paint with me @Delaney?? Why would I want to carry on racing with you when you like to touch cars when you pass which leaves me with a penalty which puts me well out of contention?? What happens when someone else hits me? I'm not racing with that going on. Disappointed that I left? @Ashracer2011 you also annoyed eh? Well you can both look at this post as my final one, as I'm not racing with either of you again. I did nothing wrong and got punishment for it, and you look at me as the bad guy. I'm not going to hold any bad feeling about this, but I am choosing to retire permanently from the league, good luck with it and all the best guys, been fun racing you.

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Just caught up on Jack's stream, did you think that it's fair to get 2 sec penalty for you trading paint with me @Delaney?? Why would I want to carry on racing with you when you like to touch cars when you pass which leaves me with a penalty which puts me well out of contention?? What happens when someone else hits me? I'm not racing with that going on. Disappointed that I left? @Ashracer2011 you also annoyed eh? Well you can both look at this post as my final one, as I'm not racing with either of you again. I did nothing wrong and got punishment for it, and you look at me as the bad guy. I'm not going to hold any bad feeling about this, but I am choosing to retire permanently from the league, good luck with it and all the best guys, been fun racing you.

Not sure what you're talking about mate? maybe you could explain more. I'm not sure I had anything to do with the penalty situation you got in the feature race, but you did not deserve the penalty you got, I was referring to @Meg1s in the sprint race where there was 4/5 cars side by side on the pits straight Megs touched my car and @johns car also it caused both mine and johns cars to have penalties. Either way you should have stuck racing with everyone, the penalties shouldn't stop you from racing they are affecting everyone.

Not sure anything that was said was not stating facts, @Delaney also said the same , Wobbie asked why you left and what would happen, it was explained. Also 3 other people quit the race around when you left, so we went from 15 to 11 people, quite noticeable losing nearly a 1/4 of the room. The rest I was talking about Cartis who caused a collision in qualifying, then he left after 2 laps. You and several others left the race and people who weren't in the party chat asked why as they were concerned. Sorry if explaining to them offended you in anyway.

I was annoyed that you didn't finish the race as the Rick I use to know never gave up even when everything was going upside down. I wanted to race with you as we normally have a good race being similar pace and battle hard and fair, not sure there's to much wrong with that. Wobbie got away and built a nice gap in the feature race, just before you left which was difficult to close up, so the race was for P2 it would of been against yourself and Hasnain and Megs.

it’s sad to see you go if this is the end? Everyone enjoys your banter and having you racing, myself included, I’m not singling you out over anything, there was a bunch of people who quit out of the lobby. The game is not perfect we are all aware of this. Everyone had a frustration with it.

leaving mid race isn’t great, I get your frustration and you needed to remove yourself away from the problem, it’s not ideal how it feels to the other guys who’ve been running the league and seeing 4 people just leave mid race.

Last edited:
Reactions: jutngo and Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
After finding out what happened after the feature @TubbyPhantom, I can fully understand the frustration you had, but I admit I was surprised to see you quit the race. (though you weren't the only one, there was 3 others)

I've looked at the replay and if that had happened to me I simply wouldn't serve the penalty (which I believe Bl99dy did during the sprint, as he picked up a BS 5 second pen for contact early on and he still had it several laps later) and then if needs be take it to the stewards to appeal it afterwards, but the reality is it shouldn't be necessary anyway as in your case and all the other contact pens I saw dished out by the game - they were all clear BS pens.

Either way it would be a real shame if you left us in these circumstances Tubby, as this wasn't a case of anybody being at fault - this was the games fault.

The thing is yes its clear that they (PD) have ballsed up again, but we're all sensible enough I'd like to think that we know ourselves the difference between a corner cut/track extend pen and a 'contact' pen.

My opinion turning off pens completely just can't be a option simply because it brings back the big pink elephant in the room that is the policing of track limits, which happened seasons ago and was not just a massive grey area for all involved but on occasions made life very unhappy for a lot of us back then (stewards and drivers), and that is something I don't want to see potentially come back even for 1 round.

Right now we have a very clear black & white system when it comes to track limits, we let the game police it and because of that there can be no arguments, and the best thing is were all in the same boat - we can all race safe in the knowledge that everyone is having to adhere to the exact same track limit rules.

The big issue right now of course is the contact penalties given out, and I think theres a very simple way around this - ignore them. If theres a genuine incident with major contact you take it to the stewards like you normally would, if you pick a BS pen for minimal contact and it doesn't affect the other driver, carry on as normal - however if it happens at the end of the race then appeal the time pen added to your time.

But a important thing I know people will then point out is - what if you pick up a corner cut/extend pen while already having a BS contact pen - well then that's when you need to do some simple maths lol.

If for example you pick up a bs 2 sec pen for contact, then pick up a 0.5 sec pen for a corner cut a couple corners later, make sure you serve just the 0.5sec.

In the instance where you get 2 secs and get rid of some of the bs time pen naturally over the course of the race - lets say you have 1.27secs left at this point and then pick up 0.5 for cutting for example and your time pen becomes 1.77 now, then you would have to just get it down to 1.27secs in a lap, like you would do in normal circumstances to serve corner cut/extend time pens.

One other potential issue is what if you make contact while battling at a corner and you cut it and pick up a pen as a result but you don't know whether its for corner cutting or contact, then I'd say it depends on how big the pen is/if you gain the position - something like that becomes a judgment call for the driver, you could give the place back or carry on & take it to the stewards after would be the first 2 options.

Either way Co-ords what I suggested I think is a good work around option as we have just 1 round left and I wouldn't want track limits to become a possible issue again (especially with the corkscrew at Laguna Seca), anyway I believe we can make this work as we all have enough common sense to know the difference between getting a pen for corner cutting/extending & a pen for car contact, but anyway lets hope this get patched in a few weeks.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
After finding out what happened after the feature @TubbyPhantom, I can fully understand the frustration you had, but I admit I was surprised to see you quit the race. (though you weren't the only one, there was 3 others)

I've looked at the replay and if that had happened to me I simply wouldn't serve the penalty (which I believe Bl99dy did during the sprint, as he picked up a BS 5 second pen for contact early on and he still had it several laps later) and then if needs be take it to the stewards to appeal it afterwards, but the reality is it shouldn't be necessary anyway as in your case and all the other contact pens I saw dished out by the game - they were all clear BS pens.

Either way it would be a real shame if you left us in these circumstances Tubby, as this wasn't a case of anybody being at fault - this was the games fault.

The thing is yes its clear that they (PD) have ballsed up again, but we're all sensible enough I'd like to think that we know ourselves the difference between a corner cut/track extend pen and a 'contact' pen.

My opinion turning off pens completely just can't be a option simply because it brings back the big pink elephant in the room that is the policing of track limits, which happened seasons ago and was not just a massive grey area for all involved but on occasions made life very unhappy for a lot of us back then (stewards and drivers), and that is something I don't want to see potentially come back even for 1 round.

Right now we have a very clear black & white system when it comes to track limits, we let the game police it and because of that there can be no arguments, and the best thing is were all in the same boat - we can all race safe in the knowledge that everyone is having to adhere to the exact same track limit rules.

The big issue right now of course is the contact penalties given out, and I think theres a very simple way around this - ignore them. If theres a genuine incident with major contact you take it to the stewards like you normally would, if you pick a BS pen for minimal contact and it doesn't affect the other driver, carry on as normal - however if it happens at the end of the race then appeal the time pen added to your time.

But a important thing I know people will then point out is - what if you pick up a corner cut/extend pen while already having a BS contact pen - well then that's when you need to do some simple maths lol.

If for example you pick up a bs 2 sec pen for contact, then pick up a 0.5 sec pen for a corner cut a couple corners later, make sure you serve just the 0.5sec.

In the instance where you get 2 secs and get rid of some of the bs time pen naturally over the course of the race - lets say you have 1.27secs left at this point and then pick up 0.5 for cutting for example and your time pen becomes 1.77 now, then you would have to just get it down to 1.27secs in a lap, like you would do in normal circumstances to serve corner cut/extend time pens.

One other potential issue is what if you make contact while battling at a corner and you cut it and pick up a pen as a result but you don't know whether its for corner cutting or contact, then I'd say it depends on how big the pen is/if you gain the position - something like that becomes a judgment call for the driver, you could give the place back or carry on & take it to the stewards after would be the first 2 options.

Either way Co-ords what I suggested I think is a good work around option as we have just 1 round left and I wouldn't want track limits to become a possible issue again (especially with the corkscrew at Laguna Seca), anyway I believe we can make this work as we all have enough common sense to know the difference between getting a pen for corner cutting/extending & a pen for car contact, but anyway lets hope this get patched in a few weeks.
I would have sworn that this would never happen, but.... I AGREE WITH ALL THAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN :eek:

Results and Standings has been updated (still temp.!)

Last edited:

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014

Yep commonsense needs to prevail, e.g. the stewards need to make a temporary rule implementation that covers side contact penalties for innocent drivers, to state that these penalties can voided if you are certain you're not the cause. But for corner cutting/track extension or causing a collision penalties must be served, if you are in doubt about a penalty you need to serve it however.

At a guess in 75% of situations its clear if you are the causer or the victim of the penalty, as for the remaining 25% that could be a combination of factors, meaning that it can be brought to attention of the stewards should the parties involved feel it's necessary, which realistically is when you'd create a stewards enquiry anyway because there was a problem that needed looking at.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Just to let everyone know we the coords are discussing what to do about the penalty situation and will have an official statement after FP1 on this coming Sunday.