Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
GTS_Gr3_Calendar_v2.jpg

Official sign ups and a limited track vote will open on 13 September. If you feel a particular track will produce poor racing, you can vote to have it replaced by one of the alternate tracks listed on the calendar. Your vote must be 'like for like' (an Original track for an Original track or a Real World track for a Real World track. EXAMPLE: If you don't like Alsace Village II, you can vote to have it replaced by Blue Moon Infield A II. Or If you think Monza is a disaster waiting to happen, you can vote to have it replaced by Nürburgring GP.

Please replace: xxxxxxx xxxx With: xxxxxxxxxx

● League Information
● League Rules & Regulations
● Car and Team Selection
● Main discussion
● Results
● Sign Up

Coords comments September 28th.
Your friendly Coords has discussed the comments and suggestions that has come up and it has been decided to stick with the original Calender.

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well heres what I would change:

Please replace: Lago Maggiore East With: Nurburging GP
(Track limits still an issue with the east version?)

Please replace (ALT): Blue Moon Infield A II With: Blue Moon Bay Speedway
(then)
Please replace: Alsace Village II With: Blue Moon Bay Speedway
:D
Yes everyone knows my love for ovals, but an oval race would not just be a wildcard but it will even up the playing field for everyone for a round, BoP works and no changes can be made to setup.

And since this track is coming to the game shortly:

I honestly would like to suggest a minor rejigging of the last couple races in the calendar, ditch Sainte-Croix B and put in Fuji Speedway F or GT, but move Red Bull Ring to the 7th round and have the season finale at Fuji.

So a summary of the changes to the calendar I would like to see:

R1: Nurburgring GP
R2: Monza
R3: Dragon Trail Gardens
R4: Brands Hatch
R5: Blue Moon Bay Speedway*
R6: Interlagos
R7: Red Bull Ring
R8: Fuji Speedway F/GT

*Ok I wouldn't expect people to like or take racing at BMB Speedway seriously, but the rest I think is a solid all round calendar.

Reactions: SmokingPuppy841

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Well heres what I would change:

Please replace: Lago Maggiore East With: Nurburging GP
(Track limits still an issue with the east version?)

Please replace (ALT): Blue Moon Infield A II With: Blue Moon Bay Speedway
(then)
Please replace: Alsace Village II With: Blue Moon Bay Speedway
:D
Yes everyone knows my love for ovals, but an oval race would not just be a wildcard but it will even up the playing field for everyone for a round, BoP works and no changes can be made to setup.

And since this track is coming to the game shortly:

I honestly would like to suggest a minor rejigging of the last couple races in the calendar, ditch Sainte-Croix B and put in Fuji Speedway F or GT, but move Red Bull Ring to the 7th round and have the season finale at Fuji.

So a summary of the changes to the calendar I would like to see:

R1: Nurburgring GP
R2: Monza
R3: Dragon Trail Gardens
R4: Brands Hatch
R5: Blue Moon Bay Speedway*
R6: Interlagos
R7: Red Bull Ring
R8: Fuji Speedway F/GT

*Ok I wouldn't expect people to like or take racing at BMB Speedway seriously, but the rest I think is a solid all round calendar.
Those are all interesting ideas, but the idea was to make a serie with 50/50% real and original tracks. I've not head anyone else utter anything about using any of the alternative tracks and as long as none else say anything, nothing will change.

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
View attachment 58116

Official sign ups and a limited track vote will open on 13 September. If you feel a particular track will produce poor racing, you can vote to have it replaced by one of the alternate tracks listed on the calendar. Your vote must be 'like for like' (an Original track for an Original track or a Real World track for a Real World track. EXAMPLE: If you don't like Alsace Village II, you can vote to have it replaced by Blue Moon Infield A II. Or If you think Monza is a disaster waiting to happen, you can vote to have it replaced by Nürburgring GP.

Please replace: xxxxxxx xxxx With: xxxxxxxxxx

● League Information
● League Rules & Regulations
● Car and Team Selection
● Main discussion
● Sign Up
Just a quick question buddy. What does the ALT stand for and any news on this grate big final :)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Just a quick question buddy. What does the ALT stand for and any news on this grate big final :)
Alt. stands for alternative, meaning that it's a track, that can be switched, with one of the other Real or Original

Well the Great Big finale is not going to be all that Great Big, when there is only one Race Room every race night. It was that the last race was going to be with the 16 highest scoring, Racing for the Elite Championship

Reactions: Farewell AOR

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
Alt. stands for alternative, meaning that it's a track, that can be switched, with one of the other Real or Original

Well the Great Big finale is not going to be all that Great Big, when there is only one Race Room every race night. It was that the last race was going to be with the 16 highest scoring, Racing for the Elite Championship
Ok buddy. Thanks for the information about that :)

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
Disappointed that tracks like Nurburgring 24H & Bathurst have been completely ignored, considering they host major GT3 endurance races every year, also not forgetting about Le Mans, current calendar just isn't appealing.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Disappointed that tracks like Nurburgring 24H & Bathurst have been completely ignored, considering they host major GT3 endurance races every year, also not forgetting about Le Mans, current calendar just isn't appealing.
I’m Sorry that You feel like that, I had to take a decision and it came out like this. The only one commenting on the track selection has some entirely different ideas. I hope You join us anyway. I promise that all three tracks will feature in the Christmas season (3). I have a plan to run Gr4, Gr3, Gr2 and Gr1 over Four week up til and right after Christmas.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I’m Sorry that You feel like that, I had to take a decision and it came out like this. The only one commenting on the track selection has some entirely different ideas. I hope You join us anyway. I promise that all three tracks will feature in the Christmas season (3). I have a plan to run Gr4, Gr3, Gr2 and Gr1 over Four week up til and right after Christmas.
I mean I can understand what Jamie is saying, for a GT3 series you do sort of expect to race at proper GT3 tracks though on the flipside I can understand Delaney's thinking as well.

I thought about mentioning Nurburgring 24h but considering how long the lap is with current format your only talking 3 & 5 laps for a sprint & features which really limits strategy.

Anyway with Fuji officially being released today Delaney I would like to put forward the suggestion of a vote for it to replace Sainte-Croix B, reason being I don't think Sainte-Croix will provide good racing and the length of the lap will likely produce similar strategy between drivers, whereas Fuji is a legendary circuit and majority of racing fans know about it and with more laps in a race(s) at Fuji it should encourage more strategy by comparison.

Now I know you would like to keep it 50/50 between fictional and real circuits but the ratio in the game sees more real tracks then fictional ones, surely a 5-3 ratio in favour of real circuits in a 8 race season would be a good balance overall.

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
We thank You for all Your ideas, thoughts and suggestions. They have all been discussed by the Coords and a decision has been made. See Coords final comments in the opening post.

Status
Not open for further replies.