Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: Farewell AOR

Greyskulll13

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 4, 2018
Hi peoples, as this is my first season in AOR & GT Sport I have a question about the team selection. Are there already teams to choose from or is it open so anyone can make a team/manufacturer?

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Hi peoples, as this is my first season in AOR & GT Sport I have a question about the team selection. Are there already teams to choose from or is it open so anyone can make a team/manufacturer?
Team selection is completely open so you are free to create your own or opt to not run with a team at all

Reactions: Greyskulll13

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Just stating my thoughts and suggestions about the league @Delaney, one of my main concerns are what will you do if the league reaches 20+ drivers halfway or later through the season?

I honestly don't think it would be fair on those who raced all races if time trials have to start being used, also it would reduce the amount of drivers in a race.
And then another knock-on effect, is that you stated you would change the points system in event of 2 lobbies+ for race(s).

Surely that wouldn't be fair to anyone, just imagine if the championship leader is unable to race and its the first time with 2 lobbies, all of a sudden winning that race would be worth 50 points instead of 30?!

I fully understand that you want to encourage and get as many people racing as possible, but if the structure of the league itself and its points system can vary from race to race, then its likely to cause confusion and potentially annoy some drivers.

Surely it would be best to try and keep this as close to a defined tier format, its simple and everyone knows whats what.

Right now I see you have about 10 drivers so at the moment your heading towards 1 group, and if the league doesn't get over 20 drivers by the start of the season then surely its best to keep it as one tier.

Though I would suggest to you Delaney to still allowing sign ups as you will get drivers who can't make it, as having depth in reserves isn't a bad thing, as we saw in Season 1 how there were quite a few drivers who stopped showing up after 2 or 3 races. (didn't the Pro & Semi Pro tiers start seeing only 7-8 drivers in races?)

Other things I don't agree with is limiting the amount cars per manufacturer, I don't understand why people can't all drive a certain car for the season, yes I know its about creating variety in cars but equally there shouldn't be a limit, we didn't do it for Season 1 and I don't see why it should happen for this season, let everyone drive what they wish as it equal's happy drivers and no potential complaining about not getting to drive there favourite car.

Also I think shortcut penalties should be set to 'invalidate time' instead of 'strong' as there needs to be a proper deterrent against corner cutting/track extending in my opinion.

I neither agree/disagree with the current race start procedure, we know it can have its issues the only thing that is a bit annoying is the time wasted on the 'formation lap', there is the option of a Grid Start with a 'false start check' - has that been tested and considered? As it seems fine when I've been in daily races with it on.

Lastly I like the race format in general you've decided upon @Delaney, I think with the x4 fuel it might create some headaches in the feature races, though I think x4 tyre wear will probably have not too much affect on the medium and hard compounds in the feature races. (I hope I'm wrong)

Anyway hopefully I might see you on the track this season.(y)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I hear You @Wobbuffet, but it's impossible to make an omelet without Breaking some eggs.

First the problem of a changed points plan, when going from 1 to two race rooms, is not that big, as it's only 6 of the 7 races that counts.

It's exactly the problem about people leaving half through, that lead me to try to rethink the format. I want to try this and as I'm the organiser, this is going to stay.

Yeah the limitation on car make's is new and I hope it work's as intended. I have tried several of the cars and they are very similar on lap times. Some are stronger on narrow tracks and other are stronger in a straight line, but I'm sure it evens out over 8 tracks with 2 races at each.

The short cut penalties might be debated and I'll think it over.

Regarding the start procedure I've tried the in-game false start thingy some times, but I don't really like it and as the GT3's normally have Rolling start I see no reason to change.

The fuel and tirewear is made to stir things up a bit. You can go full fuel stint on a set of RM's, but as the grip changed rather fast, it will be harder to be consistent on the softer compounds. You will probably have to fuelsave to make the Feature race a one stopper, but then again You could maybe go 2 stop with RM's and be faster. It might also be a question of where You start. I don't know What is fastest. Same with the Sprint race. I've tried doing it on RS and 2 stop, but I don't know if it's faster than RM and no stop. As the compounds keep changing it will be interesting to see what people choose.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Yeah that's fair enough points @Delaney, though just a few other points I want to raise firstly the uniformed no-show penalty. I agree there should be a deterrent against not notifying when your unable to race but a 10 point penalty for a no show is pretty severe. I mean things can happen to people unexpectedly and league racing can be the last thing on peoples minds as a result.

Family/work emergency, internet problems or power cut etc, so to give no leeway is a bit extreme, surely a standard warning would be fair for a first uninformed no show.

But If it happens again - well lets say for example a driver uninforms round 1 (gets a warning), appears for round 2, but uniforms again for round 3, then a 5 point pen to start of would be fair to start off, then a 10 point pen for 2 in a row and blacklist for 3.

Another thing why is it only first 6 out of 7 rounds that count, why not 7 out of all 8, I can understand wanting the last round to be the most important, but what if the championship leader is unable to race the final round?
They could theoretically have done enough in the first 7 rounds to deservedly win the championship but because of this current rule they could miss out, surely that wouldn't be fair?

Also with the potential of more sign ups as the season progresses and potentially making 2 lobbies a possibility, would you consider giving guaranteed spots in the top split, so like top 6/8 in the championship after 2 rounds are always guaranteed to be in the top split and wouldn't need to post a TT to qualify each round? (That would mean less TT's would be required)

Plus is there a cut-off point for mid-season signups?

Lastly going back to the points system, if there are two lobbies a way to maybe not need to change the points system is lets say you get 24 drivers for a round, then you could split it into 2 rooms of 12 but instead of changing the points you could still use the your current system:

P1: 30 P2: 25

P3: 21 P4: 18

P5: 14 P6: 12

P7: 10 P8: 9

P9: 8 P10: 7

P11: 6 P12: 5

P13: 4 P14: 3

P15: 2 P16: 1

Lets say it is 2 rooms of 12 the top split would race for 1st-12th and the second split 13th-24th, now I know you may think that leaves only 4 points scoring positions in the second split but if drivers in the top split don't finish the race then more points can be available to the second split.
So as an example lets say only 9 drivers finish the top split race they would get given the points from 1st to 9th however the dnf/dsc drivers would score nothing and points positions for the second split would then start from 10th instead of 13th, that way drivers in the second split could get more points then they thought.

But if this doesn't appeal to you Delaney the only other thing I would suggest is if you are going to change the points system in event of 2 lobbies, can you please state the points system that will be used before the start of the season, as there's currently only the points system for 1 lobby.

Anyway don't worry Delaney this should be the last time I will raise any questions with the league structure. (this season);)

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
First of all, the 10 points is not a new thing, it was there last season too, We just didn’t use it. It apparently need to be a harsh penalty for people to understand that We mean what We write.

The 6/7 is there because I want the last race to be the decider for the class win. Points collected till then will still count, but the worst will be deducted to give at little room for mishaps.

The pointsystem I’ll come back on during the weekend as I want to give it a good solid answer, that I don’t have the energy to tonight.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
BTW @Wobbuffet, why haven’t You signed up yet? You seems very much interrested. You could even help organise the next thing.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
First of all, the 10 points is not a new thing, it was there last season too, We just didn’t use it. It apparently need to be a harsh penalty for people to understand that We mean what We write.
lol didn't even know that was a thing last season, if that was actually enforced last season a few drivers across the 3 tiers would have likely ended up on negative points.:LOL:

BTW @Wobbuffet, why haven’t You signed up yet? You seems very much interrested.
I mean yeah of course I'm interested and if I knew for a fact I could definitely be free every Thursday night for the next 2 months then I would've probably signed up by now which might surprise you considering the points and suggestions I've been raising over the last week.

However as my personal circumstances is a bit up in the air at the moment I can only really offer being a reserve for the time being and that'll probably be the case for all 8 rounds, if I can race I will let you know a day or two in advance if I can't then I say that as well, that's the best I can do.

And also while I may not agree with certain things here or there with the league this season (which I've already said) regardless I can still look past the majority of these things if the race format for the season is solid and reasonable overall which I think it is.

Finally...
You could even help organise the next thing.
That'll never happen, I will never be a co-ord/staff member - you could offer me all the tea in China and I'd still say no.:ROFLMAO:

But I do of course have massive respect for all the co-ord and staff members on this site I can imagine at times the thankless task they face some days, however I still like to think of myself as a co-ord's worst nightmare as I think I serve a much better purpose on this site by being a person looking at the rules rather then making them.

It allows me to normally always have ideas or suggestions for all things when I'm in a league or interested in a league, and I like to think my ideas/suggestions will always improve things for everyone, so because of this I will always make my 'voice' heard as a result.

At the end of the day it doesn't bother me if the co-ords or my fellow league members don't like or disagree with my ideas/suggestions as I can easily accept that everyone can have or will have there own ideas in how to run/improve things.

And I'm not the type of person to simply say 'this idea is rubbish' and then not give any feedback why, which is the most pointless thing to do - if you don't like an idea/rule or something and are going to voice/post it then you must always be ready to offer an alternative idea/suggestion, simply offering nothing in return when you disagree with an idea/rule/something is counter-productive and helps no one.

But anyway going back to me organising the next thing - it's a no.:)

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
And I'm not the type of person to simply say 'this idea is rubbish' and then not give any feedback why, which is the most pointless thing to do - if you don't like an idea/rule or something and are going to voice/post it then you must always be ready to offer an alternative idea/suggestion, simply offering nothing in return when you disagree with an idea/rule/something is counter-productive and helps no one.
I wish more people had this attitude and I also wish I could add a 'winner' and a 'optimistic' thingy to just this statement (y)(y)(y)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Just search for AOR in decals and it'll all reveal it self

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Please take notice everybody that altered The Rules and League information. I have added rules regarding disconnects and altered the text regarding points a little bit

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
Please take notice everybody that altered The Rules and League information. I have added rules regarding disconnects and altered the text regarding points a little bit
the rule bit that takes points for only for disconnects right?

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Pleased to see a definitive points system for the season now @Delaney.(y)

Just a couple of things that I'd like to raise firstly with the sprint races, is the plan to still use a formation lap and accel zone like in the feature races, if so then at tracks like Sainte Croix and Alsace a manual formation lap will really eat into the 20 min sprint race time like about 3-4 mins, can we use a standard rolling start for all sprint races instead? (I don't think theres any issues with it anymore)
As it would give all of us more laps and racing.

Also any news on shortcut penalty rule going to be increased from 'strong' to 'invalidate time' instead as that was what was used in S1.

Lastly just asking about who's hosting the races this season I'm guessing its you Delaney?

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
(y);)

I think that We'll go with the auto rolling start for the sprint of exactly the reasons You mention. It either that or the standing with false start check

I'll have a look at the shortcut thingies tomorrow and You will be the first to hear about it - if Your here online of cause

And Yes I'll be hosting if there is only one Race room

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Shortcut penalty has been altered from Strong to Invalidate laptime.

Start procedure for Sprint Race has been altered from Manual Rolling start to "In Game rolling start".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.