F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
Reactions: Hasnain

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Sorry but this kinda ridiculous. Only myself and @B2K.TSVH are gettin punished and then later @AOR Gizmo with just 5 points. Cmon we wanna report the stewards for this, because in our POV we did nothing wrong accept that things happen. That slow brake from Gizmo let B2K slip to the gras and spinin off and the first lap of the sprint race, where i braked at the last ounce only touchin the M6 who came of completly fine, while the GTR hit Gizmo and left him with the door to my front 20 meters away without goin anywhere. Seriously? We are pissed about it and on the next occassion if something like this happens and we are the ones to blame for, we gonna leave.
I can appreciate that both you and @B2K.TSVH feel singled out by the interpretations form the Stewards. However, most of the disciplinary action that the two of you received over the first 2 rounds could have been made less serious or even avoided altogether by simply giving back any position(s) gained through contact with another driver. In fact most Stewards Enquiries for collisions are made as a result of the offending party gaining an advantage and not returning that advantage.

It is certainly your prerogative to appeal to AOR Administration if you feel the decisions made by the Steward's Panel are in error.

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@B2K.TSVH Don't take it to much to heart, I think you drove very well in general and maybe some of the incidents are from trying to hard, not a bad thing!!:) I don't think anyone would like to be banned for a race, seems quite unfair I agree, It could be good though as at least you can start practice for the next round early and hopefully get a good result there! Think of the positives not negatives!:sneaky::sneaky:

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
@B2K.TSVH Don't take it to much to heart, I think you drove very well in general and maybe some of the incidents are from trying to hard, not a bad thing!!:) I don't think anyone would like to be banned for a race, seems quite unfair I agree, It could be good though as at least you can start practice for the next round early and hopefully get a good result there! Think of the positives not negatives!:sneaky::sneaky:
You can allways discuss how many Penalty Points shall be given in a situation, but at the moment the rules are relatively clear also when it come to the conceqences. We are NOT targetting You @B2K.TSVH or @SirBrbaham. In my opinion You were unfortunately caught up by @AOR Gizmo 's very early braking. It could just as well have been me. BUT if I had 20 penalty points allready, I would be very very careful not to get in trouble. Now Gizmo have learned from this and You guy's have learned from this and I'm sure that it wont repeat it self.

• Agree
Reactions: Farewell AOR

Thomlotus

Junior Karter
Oct 4, 2018
Don't know what happened last night, I had a black screen 3 times even tho the hud was still visible but no track. When it came back I was well and truly out the race. Pitted in to repair damage caused by black screen only to be kicked from session.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
With @Hasnain now joining it does raise a question regarding stewards, now I don't have any problem with Hasnain still stewarding however what happens if he is involved in an incident that goes to the stewards, as surely it wouldn't be right for him to be a steward and decide on a incident involving him.

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
With @Hasnain now joining it does raise a question regarding stewards, now I don't have any problem with Hasnain still stewarding however what happens if he is involved in an incident that goes to the stewards, as surely it wouldn't be right for him to be a steward and decide on a incident involving him.
@Hasnain is still a steward. He just won't be allowed to comment on an incident that goes to the stewards for him buddy. ;)

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@Wobbuffet To be honest, stewards can be in the race if they are concerned they have an issue with conflict of interest then they can ask in the private forum area for other Moderators from the other forum racing areas to look at the stewards request and make a decision on there behalf. There is a lot behind the scenes you don't see unless you have moderator or admin privileges on the forum, I know a little from when I ran the leagues a few years ago before taking a break.

Reactions: Delaney

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
For those who don't know the FIA live events are going on at the moment, with European finals starting yesterday and finishing today. It's livestreamed and the racing is usually very good. You can find all the details including the livestream itself here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/europe_final2018/
We'll also be getting a look at the track coming in the next update (Catalunya) today. The Asia one is already done and the Americas one is in a couple of weeks.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Ohh I nearly forgot... I meet to set a thread up for Brands Hatch

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Hi @Delaney Just happen to see the new results table(y), just a couple things I noticed that I think are worth mentioning I think you have the results for the Dragon Trail feature race wrong as you have Ash DNF'ed but in 5th - shouldn't that be 11th or 12th instead?
Also your probably already well aware of this, but the amount of rounds and number order isn't right.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Thanks mate. I’ll have a look at it. I know about the extra races that are in there. We’ll have them cleared soon. I just thought the most important was to have it there instead of being 100% perfect.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Hi @Delaney Just happen to see the new results table(y), just a couple things I noticed that I think are worth mentioning I think you have the results for the Dragon Trail feature race wrong as you have Ash DNF'ed but in 5th - shouldn't that be 11th or 12th instead?
Also your probably already well aware of this, but the amount of rounds and number order isn't right.
Well Ash was 5th when he DSC'ed, that's why I positioned him as 5th, but with half points. I think that's the correct way.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well Ash was 5th when he DSC'ed, that's why I positioned him as 5th, but with half points. I think that's the correct way.
The only real issue with that is other drivers that didn't get dsc'd did 5 laps more then Ash, so surely that's unfair to those drivers who thought they were one place higher and didn't get dsc'd at that time.
Also you would be setting a potentially dangerous precedent as, lets say something similar happens this week or later in the season but the leader gets dsc'd but does over 75%, that would mean they would point to Ash's result here and can claim they won (but get half points).

We all know it sucks to get dsc'd in a race and I sympathize with Ash and the others it happened too but surely they have to be placed according to how far they got not by where they were, as I remember an F1 league race a while back where the leader who was leading by a big margin got dsc'd in the last lap and his Ai car won the race, but because of that he had to be classified as last car on the lead lap, was that a fair result for the driver who got dsc'd no but equally its only fair to everyone else.

Anyway moving Ash down to 11th for example won't or shouldn't matter to much to him for the simple reason that this will highly likely be his drop week now, for the other drivers currently affected by him being placed 5th for all of them moving up 1 place, there gaining a extra point or 2 from moving up which might be the difference for there drop week.

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
It doesn't bother me either way, if the rules say I get points then fair enough and if they don't then zero is fine. Either way I'll except it as being correct.

The solution maybe to give the points for the positions towards the back of the grid as the other drivers had completed more laps.

This also should be applied to anyone else who disconnected before the mass disconnect in the form of a count back, so first person to disconnect is the lowest scoring points then the second lowest goes to the next person. This however does not apply to the mass disconnect only individual cases such as myself and anyone who disconnected before the mass disconnect.

By doing this fairness is kept in order for those who have completed more than 75% of the race and drivers completing more laps aren't penalised.

I would be happy for this to be implemented to solve this problem now and any future problems that might happen, also everyone would then also have a reference for the future should a problem similar to this occur after 75% of the race is completed, I believe they always count back the previous lap in motorsports if a red flag is thrown, a disconnect is the same thing in Online terms.

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
@Ashracer2011 & @Wobbuffet. If Ash, who is hit the most by this, can live with this enterpretation, so can I.

I'll alter the results accordingly
Yeah as I said we all know dsc'ing through no fault of your own is frustrating and unfair to that driver, but equally Delaney you have to stick the rules to keep things fair for everyone.

If you had decided to not change Ash's result and a dsc happens to me in the last quarter of a race for example, then I would have expected the same interpretation in results as what Ash got, (as would others I would have thought) but I think everyone will agree you've made the right decision which will prevent any potential can of worms being opened later in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.