AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 2 - Round 3, Dragon Trail - Gardens | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 2 - Round 3, Dragon Trail - Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
  • GTS_BANNER_rd3.jpg

Welcome to to the Dalmatia region of Croatia in Eastern Europe. This Weeks track is a road course surrounded by the azure blue Adriatic Sea and a steep mountainside. The track is basicly a back and forth track with a lovely variety of different shaped challenging corners, with a rich variation of sections including ascents, descents. The nature unique to the Dalmatia region with it's jagged coastline, the variety of plant life such as olives, pine, and palm trees are another notable part of the track.

Round 3 Dragon Trail - Gardens

Important Links

• Event Information
    • Date: October 18th 2018
    • Lobby Opens: 7:05 PM (UK Time)
    • Event Starts: 8:00 PM (UK Time)
    • Tire Choise Feature race RH/RM
    • Tire Choise Sprint race RM/RS
    • Event Format
  • - Qualifying: 15 Minutes
    - Feature Race: 40 Minutes
    - Sprint Race: 20 minutes (reverse grid, from Feature race finish)

Track Map
    Dragon_Trail_-_Gardens.jpg

Weather Conditions:
    - Sunny

In-game time-of-day:

Manual Rolling Start Information:

● Formation Point
    Rd3 Gardens _ FORMATION.jpg

● Acceleration Zone
    Rd3 Gardens _ ACCEL.jpg

Notices:

● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Startlist:
    1. @Delaney, PSN: RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 34ms
    2. @BL99DY-NINE, PSN: BL99DY-NINE, American, 111ms
    3. @hollowdene, PSN: Hollowdene, British, 8ms
    4. @SEAN-GBR, PSN: SEAN-GBR, English, 13ms
    5. @AOR Gizmo, PSN: AORGIZMO, British, 20ms (5pp)
    6. @Greyskulll13, PSN: Daztoon, British, 19ms
    7. @SirBrbaham, PSN: Lance84200, Austrian, 136ms (15pp)
    8. @dragapollo12, PSN: Dragapollo12, British, 24ms
    9. @1.MSC, PSN: Robfisken69, Swedish, 55ms

10. @Wobbuffet, PSN: Shadow_Sylar, English, 20ms
    11. @Ashracer2011, PSN: Ashracer2011, British, 20ms
    12. @Thomlotus, PSN: Thomlotus, English, 7ms
    13. @ZWValandil , PSN: ZWValandil, Dutch, 17ms
    14. @Hasnain, PSN: Ace_Hasnain_282, British, 16ms
  • Race ban - @B2K.TSVH, PSN: ToxicV1ru2, German, 23ms (40pp => Raceban rd3)

• Reserve - make sure that Your ready with short notice:
    1. @Kelval37, PSN: Kelval37, Belgian, 17ms (20pp)
    2. @Alper_BAL, PSN: Alper_BAL, Türq, 81ms (20pp)

• Informed no show:
    • None

• Uninformed no show:
    • None

• NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have might have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR Leagues

Stream from Qualifying and Feature Race til disconnect:
Link to Youtube

Decision from the Stewards:
1) hollowdene
2) Hasnain / Ace_Hasnain_282
3) Wobbuffet / Shadow_Sylar
4) BL99DY-NINE
5) Ashracer2011 was dsc'ed from 5th at lap 18, 50%
6) dragapollo12
7) @Delaney
8) Greyskulll13 / Daztoon
9) SEAN-GBR
10) ZWValandil
11) SirBrbaham / Lance
12) AOR Gizmo was dsc'ed from 12th at lap 19, 50%
13) Thomlotus was dsc'ed at lap 8, 0 points

Result from Sprint Race:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181018224306.jpg

Last edited:

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I will be attending.

Practice session tonight 8PM CES or 7PM UK ?? Only be around for an hour if anyone wants to join or set up a room.

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Everyone, please make sure they read through this: https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/13/ps4-message-exploit-bricking-consoles/

There is currently a PSN exploit bug where by people are able to send a malicious code in a message that causes your PS4 to restart or become bricked!

Best Advice:

Change message settings from "Anyone" to "Friends Only" or "Nobody"

Avoid opening messages straight away if you aren't sure who they are from or what they contain from what the preview shows.

Back your PS4 up onto a memory stick/external hard drive to enable you to recover your data.

@FisiFan91 @Dan Hawkins can you make an announcement to warn PS4 users/news post? hopefully, this will help the community become aware of the issue.

few articles appearing on google news search:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=psn+message+exploit&oq=psn+message+e&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j69i60j0l4.5957j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'm looking likely to be able to race but I've rarely raced here and out of all the GT Sport tracks in terms of overall track time its probably in my bottom 3, the last time I recall racing here at all was the pre-season 1 social in the Super GT cars and that didn't go to well for me.

As you can probably guess I have low expectations so if you offered me 2 top 5 finishes I'd probably happily take that as I don't imagine I'll have anywhere near the pace I had at Monza plus I don't have a clue how the C7 will handle around here, but since this track has a lot of different kind of corners I'd imagine it won't suit the C7, but the 3 long straights should be fine though.:LOL:

(Of course I will put a bit of practice in to make sure I learn the track properly though)

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I'm looking likely to be able to race but I've rarely raced here and out of all the GT Sport tracks in terms of overall track time its probably in my bottom 3, the last time I recall racing here at all was the pre-season 1 social in the Super GT cars and that didn't go to well for me.

As you can probably guess I have low expectations so if you offered me 2 top 5 finishes I'd probably happily take that as I don't imagine I'll have anywhere near the pace I had at Monza plus I don't have a clue how the C7 will handle around here, but since this track has a lot of different kind of corners I'd imagine it won't suit the C7, but the 3 long straights should be fine though.:LOL:

(Of course I will put a bit of practice in to make sure I learn the track properly though)

You aren't fooling me!:ROFLMAO: lol You'll be on pole i'm sure! lol ;)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016

You aren't fooling me!:ROFLMAO: lol You'll be on pole i'm sure! lol ;)
If I end up getting pole here of all places then that means one of 2 things has happened, either A. everyone bottled all there qualy laps or B. Hell has frozen over.:LOL:

I did a few laps yesterday and was reasonably happy, though the C7 feels like its on a knife-edge on the exit of a few corners and especially through the quadruple right hander, not much fun but I'm hoping in a way its the same for everyone else.

I watched the replay of the Monza races, I bet you felt like you had been through the wars Ash in the sprint race, also question for @dragapollo12 why did you pit on the last lap of the feature? If you hadn't pit you would have likely got 3rd because of Ash's last lap spin.

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I did a few laps yesterday and was reasonably happy, though the C7 feels like its on a knife-edge on the exit of a few corners and especially through the quadruple right hander, not much fun but I'm hoping in a way its the same for everyone else.
Nop, just small things with the Porche on hards, other than that it's dead stable. Ash and I were trying to get into the 1:29's on the inters last night, just to give You a target :ROFLMAO:

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Nop, just small things with the Porche on hards, other than that it's dead stable. Ash and I were trying to get into the 1:29's on the inters last night, just to give You a target :ROFLMAO:
Yeah Porsche may lack outright speed in some parts of the track, but its fairly neutral handling wise if anything it can be understeery which is probably why it feels safer. 1.29s on inters :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: optimistic at best even if we unrestricted power and setup, the porsche would do a lot better if the damn BOP gearbox wasn't such a pile of :poop::poop::poop::poop: maybe we should all switch ABS off see how it goes, use to work very well on GT6!

@Wobbuffet Can't remember if I spun in the sprint last lap? defiantly in the feature on the spin kerb of death out of the Lesmo's

dragapollo12

Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2018
also question for @dragapollo12 why did you pit on the last lap of the feature? If you hadn't pit you would have likely got 3rd because of Ash's last lap spin.
I completely lost track of how my fuel would play out over the race as I forgot whether or not we finish the lap, or do another lap, after the time ran out. So I panicked and pitted for enough lap of fuel, thinking I wouldn't be able to catch those ahead, and being far enough ahead of those behind as to not lose positon

• Winner
Reactions: Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Yeah Porsche may lack outright speed in some parts of the track, but its fairly neutral handling wise if anything it can be understeery which is probably why it feels safer. 1.29s on inters :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: optimistic at best even if we unrestricted power and setup, the porsche would do a lot better if the damn BOP gearbox wasn't such a pile of :poop::poop::poop::poop: maybe we should all switch ABS off see how it goes, use to work very well on GT6!

@Wobbuffet Can't remember if I spun in the sprint last lap? defiantly in the feature on the spin kerb of death out of the Lesmo's
Yeah it seemed to me at the time that you were making good lap time in the corners, and after watching the replay it look like you were having to ring the neck of the Porsche at all corners to do the lap times you were doing.

Anyway if what Delaney was saying is right for both of you then I think the Porsche's will be very handy around dragon trail tonight, which means I guess the only question mark is how hollowdene's Merc performs around here.

Lastly yeah the last lap of the feature Ash you had a spin, but in the sprint race you had a couple of incidents at Ascari.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Yeah it seemed to me at the time that you were making good lap time in the corners, and after watching the replay it look like you were having to ring the neck of the Porsche at all corners to do the lap times you were doing.

Anyway if what Delaney was saying is right for both of you then I think the Porsche's will be very handy around dragon trail tonight, which means I guess the only question mark is how hollowdene's Merc performs around here.

Lastly yeah the last lap of the feature Ash you had a spin, but in the sprint race you had a couple of incidents at Ascari.
My comment was most of all my childish attempt at making a joke. There are corners where the Porsche is stable but under steary and that’s just as bad as an unstable car in the long run

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
My comment was most of all my childish attempt at making a joke. There are corners where the Porsche is stable but under steary and that’s just as bad as an unstable car in the long run
particularly when the tyres aren't brand new its at its worst I think as the fronts wear out faster than the rears lol

Reactions: Delaney

Vanders

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 7, 2018
I hope it was Delaney's lobby that went down and not me... can't see a new room, so assume he has a net connection issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Hasnain

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
I'm assuming everyone got disconnected there?

Status
Not open for further replies.