AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 2 - Round 3, Dragon Trail - Gardens | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 2 - Round 3, Dragon Trail - Gardens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanders

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 7, 2018
Anyone up on the rules in this situation? I really hope my 30 second lead wasn't for nothing!

dragapollo12

Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2018
I hope, as there was only 3-4 minutes left, that we just finish that race in the position we were in before we were kicked.
If we have to redo it then I won't have time, tonight at least

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
We'll have a look at my stream of the Quali and Feature and see what is fair and so. Sprint should be clear cut. Thanks for Your understanding and patience

Reactions: dragapollo12

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
As we all know the feature race was cut short, so to help clear up somethings I've took screenshots for each person who got disconnected before the mass race ending disconnection.

Alright first to dsc was @Thomlotus on lap 8, but due to it being so early I don't think he is eligible for any points sadly. (Which is why there is no screenshot)

Ok this is where things might get a bit complicated at least when deciding final positions and whether full points are given to these drivers.
Second to disconnect was @Ashracer2011 on lap 18:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181018221724.jpg

Ash completed 17 laps and should be classified 12th.
Next to go was @AOR Gizmo on lap 19 (leader was on lap 20):
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181019025831.jpg

This was the moment of his dsc, however it didn't appear or state that he left the room until about 30 seconds later also when I checked the track map he was apparently at a stop at T9 but you (Gizmo) say you were entering the pits when you got dsc'ed, it might be some kind of de-sync perhaps.:unsure:
Either way he should probably be classified 11th as he would have technically completed 18 laps.

And unfortunately things don't get any simpler deciding a final result as @BL99DY-NINE in 4th got disconnected a minute before all of us on lap 23 (3:33 left on the clock):
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181018221421.jpg

Then everyone else got disconnected at this moment with just 2:27 remaining, but we were on lap 24 (well 3 of us):
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181018221336.jpg

So firstly the clear facts this race was going to be a 25 lap race and we completed 23 laps so over 90%.
Now regarding Bl99dy's final position this causes headaches for deciding a final race result but I think there should be 3 choices on how to decide it:

1: By the book Bl99dy should be classified first driver 1 lap down.
2: Be classified 10th
3: Despite the slightly early dsc keeps 4th.

From my perspective additional info I can give you is, Bl99dy in 4th was 4 seconds back from me when he disappeared, the new gap to 4th @dragapollo12 after that was 22 seconds, regarding lapped cars I think hollowdene lapped upto 7th (so only 8th and 9th @ZWValandil and @SirBrbaham) @SEAN-GBR you were 7th did hollowdene lap you do either of you know or remember?

So finally just a round up of the early dsc's and if the rules were followed:
4/8/10?. Bl99dy 22 laps/23 over 90% distance - full points
11. Gizmo 18 laps/23 over 75% distance - half points
12. Ash 17 laps/23 *would be under 75% distance
NC. Thomlotus 7 laps

Honestly I'm not fussed as it doesn't affect or change my race result, though I wouldn't have any problem with Ash given points as for the bl99dy issue good luck deciding on that co-ord's and stewards, anyway hope this helps.(y)

I'll be doing my race report later.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
So at the time of the big dsc with 2:30 left, the order was:

1. @hollowdene
  2. @Hasnain / Ace_Hasnain_282
  3. @Wobbuffet / Shadow_Sylar
  4. @dragapollo12
  5. @RoninGT-Delaney
  6. @Greyskulll13 / Daztoon
  7. @SEAN-GBR
  8. @ZWValandil
?? @1.MSC / Robfisken69
?? @SirBrbaham / Lance
I don't have anything on who was after ZWValandil and in what order. Can anyone please remember/dig out something?

@BL99DY-NINE was DSC'ed from 4th at (his) lap 23, with 3:00 left of the racetime. Please confirm

@Ashracer2011 was dsc'ed from 5th at lap 18? Please confirm
@AOR Gizmo was dsc'ed from ? at lap 18/19? Please confirm

@Thomlotus was dsc'ed from ? at lap 8? Please confirm!

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
These are the rules governing this:

● Mass disconnections
If 4 (or more) drivers lose connection to the lobby during the transition from qualifying to the race, the lobby will be restarted and the race will be started with a manual rolling start, where drivers will use the first lap of the race to line up in a double file formation based their qualifying positions. Proper concentration and cooperation from the drivers are required to make this work.

The coordinator of the league will make sure everybody is aware of their position - this may take some time.

During the race, if half (or more) of the drivers in a race lose connection at the same time, or over a short period of time, that counts as a mass disconnection.

If less than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will be restarted immediately, preferably with a new lobby host. If several drivers are unable to restart the race at that time, the race will be rescheduled for a later date.

If more than 50% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race order from the time of the first disconnection becomes the final result. Half points are awarded to all drivers.

If more than 90% of the race was completed at the time of the mass disconnection, the race will end, and the race result will be declared as the order at the time of the first disconnection.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:

Qualifying - P2
Was a decent lap, probably had a couple of tenths but wouldn't have challenged for pole.

Feature Race - P2
Got caught napping slightly at the start which allowed @hollowdene to pull away, luckily didn't lose any positions. Nothing much till lap 7 where I went off at the 'Four Brothers' thanks to tyre wear, so decided to pit that lap and put on some hards. Unfortunately, came out right behind @Delaney and was stuck behind him till he pitted. Was catching @Ashracer2011 and @Wobbuffet up ahead who were battling but they pitted before I had any chance to have a battle. Came in for my final stop on lap 17 for another set of hards. I had managed to overcut them both but @Wobbuffet got me at the exit of the hairpin. We had quite a good battle but it probably took me longer than it should've to get past. After that I managed to pull away slightly and was running on my own till the disconnect.

Sprint Race - P2
Got done over by the rolling start as I was mid corner as we went to go so the field had a bit of a gap and @hollowdene got a run on me and got past straight away. For the next few laps it was just about trying to get through the pack whilst trying to avoid incident. I came in on lap 8 for softs and came out 4th. I think @hollowdene might have made a mistake somewhere as myself, @Ashracer2011 and @Wobbuffet were closer to him than I was expecting. I was hoping @Ashracer2011 could pull us along towards him but he had a problem meaning us 3 had to engage in battle. Took a couple of laps but managed to get through. Was 4s behind at this point and was catching @hollowdene quite quickly on his worn tyres but I had to conserve fuel in the end meaning I had to settle for P2. Probably could've won if things fell my way a little better oh well.

Congrats to @hollowdene on the wins and to @Wobbuffet on the podiums. Quite happy with the results, though it looks like I'll need some luck to win one of these races.

Race highlights. Probably could've cut them shorter but left in the main action.

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014

1. @hollowdene
  4. @dragapollo12
  5. @RoninGT-Delaney
  7. @SEAN-GBR
  8. @ZWValandil
?? @1.MSC / Robfisken69
?? @SirBrbaham / Lance
I don't have anything on who was after ZWValandil and in what order. Can anyone please remember/dig out something?

@BL99DY-NINE was DSC'ed from 4th at (his) lap 23, with 3:00 left of the racetime. Please confirm

@Ashracer2011 was dsc'ed from 5th at lap 18? Please confirm
@AOR Gizmo was dsc'ed from ? at lap 18/19? Please confirm

@Thomlotus was dsc'ed from ? at lap 8? Please confirm!
Not sure if it was lap 18 thought it may have been lap 19? but it was around that point, does your stream show the race still? you'l see me dsc from the room

Edit: Looks like lap 18 is when I dsc'd it was around sector 2 I think

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016

1. @hollowdene
  4. @dragapollo12
  5. @RoninGT-Delaney
  7. @SEAN-GBR
  8. @ZWValandil
?? @1.MSC / Robfisken69
?? @SirBrbaham / Lance
Rob wasn't in the feature race, so it means that (SirBrbaham) Lance has to be the missing 9th place driver Delaney.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Screen shots from my recording of the race

Ash_DC.jpg
@Ashracer2011 DC's at 28:52 elapsed time

Gizmo_DC.jpg
@AOR Gizmo DC's at 32:07 elapsed time

BL99DY_DC.jpg
BL99DY DC's at 36:28 elapsed time

times are approximate as I can be a little slow on the draw of the share button

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Ok race report time.

Feature
Qualy: 3rd - The moment I found out that Hasnain was also going to be racing I knew he was going to make things at the front tougher and harder (as he's a very quick driver) so going into qualy I had hoped to maybe nick a top 5 starting spot as I didn't feel like I had a very competitive pace here, anyway on my best lap I managed to put a time in faster then I had before while practicing, I was shocked when it put me 2nd as I didn't properly get the quad right hander hooked up on the lap either(which cost me a couple tenths), by the end of the session I was 3rd and just a couple tenths off Hasnain, (but nearly a whole second behind the pole time of hollowdene) so I was very happy with qualy as I felt I overachieved by a couple places.

Race: 3rd - I wasn't sure how things at the front would go but I expected to be on the back foot at the start and this was the case for the opening laps, I had only dropped one position to Ash during that time (I didn't put up much of a fight against him as I knew he was out of position and a lot quicker) and as things settled down I was happy enough to be running a solid 4th, not much happened for the next several laps (apart from Hasnain pitting from 2nd on lap 7 which did surprise me at the time) and I was keeping pace with Ash.
But on lap 8 I started to catch @Ashracer2011 and by the end of lap 9 I had caught him, at this point I was really expecting/hoping he would pit but he stayed out unfortunately, and I say unfortunately as he held me up quite a bit. no problem with it Ash but it was just bloody frustrating:LOL:, especially as I saw the 8 second gap to Hasnain behind reduce down to 2.5 in 3 laps.:(
(During this phase I saw hollowdene make his stop and come out ahead of us I knew then and there that any small chance of contending for the win was gone.)

On laps 10 ,11 & 12 I did try to overtake Ash a few times but he was just able to do enough to keep track position and position his car where I couldn't do much other then follow, at the end of lap 12 I was finally in a prime position to be able to overtake him on the start/finish straight but he finally pitted, but by then the damage had been done allowing Hasnain to close very quickly during that phase, I pitted the next lap and thanks to a mix of me saving fuel and good fuel economy I was able to jump Ash by a few seconds with the overcut.

I came out a few seconds behind Bl99dy & Delaney, a few laps later I was properly on the back of Delaney but he pitted as did Bl99dy and that released me, I knew @Hasnain was due to pit again and when he did he surprised me once again by just getting out ahead of me, but as my tyres had properly warmed up I was able to keep the pressure on and I was able to make a move stick and move up to 2nd, but to be honest I knew keeping him behind for the rest of the race would likely be impossible, but I gave it a good go nonetheless.:ROFLMAO:
He was pretty much hounding me from then on and had several attempts passing me, but I able to pull a few tricks out defensively to stay ahead of him yet unfortunately for me a combo of things forced me to throw in the towel for 2nd, my tyres were starting to give up a bit to much and I had noticed @BL99DY-NINE was only 4 seconds back so when I gave Hasnain the inside for the hairpin again and he nailed the braking point perfectly at that point I decided to slot in behind and focus on finishing 3rd instead of potentially continuing fighting and let Bl99dy close in on me.

But suddenly a lap later he disappeared which was frustrating (I'll explain why in a bit) and then the mass dsc happened with just 2 laps left so it meant that I finished 3rd.

Sprint: 4th - Like always very unsure how the sprint would play out though with Ash starting near the front I thought he would have a great chance of winning, once again a lot of patience was needed but I think @hollowdene was in a hurry especially once Ash was in the lead during lap 1, I went slightly wide at the quad right and hollowdene behind didn't need or want a 2nd invitiation to take my position, for the next couple laps I managed to make my way upto 3rd with a couple drivers making errors and overtaking others, at the hairpin on lap 3 I was finally able to properly keep my position ahead of @Delaney when I quickly looked back just to check how close he was I saw this:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181019030105.jpg

(sees cars battling 2 x 2 behind and realises he's currently the head of a 6 car train) my reaction/thought at that moment was 'Jesus Christ I need to get the fúck out of here'.:ROFLMAO:

I did pull away a bit but eventually had Hasnain on my rear once again, I made my only stop on lap 6 and came out 5th and once things had settled down pitstop wise I somehow found myself in a net 2nd ahead of Ash, but he was in no mood to wait as he quickly sent one down the inside and got past me at T2, my thoughts at that point were then about trying to keep Hasnain behind again and when he likely would catch me, but very annoyingly the chance too was sort of taken out of my hands due to Ash having an issue running wide at T1, he recovered for T2 but I caught him at the worst time possible as I had no where realistically to go and it killed my speed and momentum in T3 & T4 and exit for the straight.
I was starting to make a move on the outside of Ash on the straight but instantaneously as a result of what happened, Hasnain who was over a second back caught up and was already on my outside on the straight which I nearly didn't realise at first, so since I didn't want to force the issue 3 wide entering the turn and saw Hasnain was half on the grass, I decided to cut Ash and Hasnain a big break by not making it 3 wide and eased off moved back behind Ash that way Hasnain had space to get back on the track safely and any massive potential incident was avoided.

(I know it was the sensible thing to do as I knew with a few laps to go it would have been tough keeping them both behind even if I made a move work, but I felt the risk outweighed the reward at that time, If it was the last lap though would I do the same thing again - honestly I'm not 100% sure I would)

After that I tried to keep pace with the front 3 and I more or less did only losing a bit of time in the last few laps, in the end I finished a comfortable 4th (after Ash had his 'silly pen' taken away)

Looking back at those races and my performance I have to be very satisfied, I don't particularly like this track and it doesn't seem to suit the C7 either but I felt overall I was 4th fastest and I got a 3rd and 4th which was probably the maximum result.
Going back to the feature why I was frustrated that Bl99dy dsc'd simple really, he was the reason why I gave Hasnain a much easier chance to pass me, if I had known he was going to dsc I would have keep the inside line for the hairpin, I was only a lap and a bit from getting 2nd I also had the issue of Ash holding me up which allowed Hasnain to close in a lot earlier.
And after checking my times, I did a 1:34.7 lap 10 a 1:34.9 lap 11 and a 1:35.4 on lap 12:eek: (Ash you were absolutely detrimental to me in both races that night:p)

But seriously that cost me 4 seconds and while it would have meant I still would have found it difficult to fend of Hasnain at the end of the race, it might just have made the difference between finishing 2nd instead of 3rd for me, but a positive I will take is I feel before Ash's dsc I would have been able to finish 3rd legitimately.
As for the sprint I achieved the best result I could, but what really annoyed me is being stuck behind someone who's recovering from an incident, its just extremely frustrating especially when it cost me a position, not blaming Ash of course he was entitled to do what he did, and Hasnain he was just in the right place at the right time, I just got the short straw on this occasion.

Lastly big congrats to hollowdene on the double race win well deserved, and well done to Hasnain on his 'debut' with a double 2nd place finish.(y)

Hopefully see you next week at Brands Hatch.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Round 3 Race Repo...

Qualifying: P6. I was just 0.2 seconds away from @Ashracer2011 (Martini BAD, Margarita GOOD. Contractual obligation fulfilled.) in P5 and a whopping 0.02 seconds in front of @Delaney, so although I'd always like to higher up the grid I was pleased with my performance.

Feature Race: ??? After a thankfully uneventful start I was thrown into a nice little battle with Delaney, @dragapollo12 & @SirBrbaham for the first 3 laps. A tyre on the orange stuff on the outside of Brother 2 of 4 from Delaney and a near simultaneous tyre on the green stuff of the inside Brother 2 of 4 from draga saw myself and Lance (@SirBrbaham) promoted to P5 and P6 respectively. Once the dust settled from the lap 3 excursions I was able to settle into a rhythm (very important around this track) and build a gap to P6, now occupied by Delaney and set my sights on closing in on @Wobbuffet in P4. An early pit stop from @Hasnain on lap 7 handed me P4 and then nothing much happened for the rest on the first stint apart from a strange exit of the lobby by @Thomlotus on lap 8. (That is what we call 'Foreshadowing')

Fresh rubber and a tank of fuel at the end of lap nine saw me back down to P5 which was inevitable really with Hasnain's earlier pit stop. A tense couple of laps followed however, as I had intentionally taken on a full tank of fuel and the gap back to Delaney had fallen from 4 seconds down to 2 seconds and eventually down to less than 1 second until the end of lap 11 where it looks like Delaney ran wide out of the final corner and by the exit of turn 1 the gap was back up to nearly 2 seconds. Time to take a breath and start hacking away (Optimism) at the 11 second gap to Hasnain in P4. A stop by Ash at the end of lap 12 saw him fall from P2 down to P6 (More of that foreshadowing stuff) and I'm up to P4 again:) followed by a stop from Wobs at the end of lap 13 saw me in P3:eek:.

A stop of my own came at the of lap 17 and inevitably back down to P5 but with only a 4 second gap to Ash in P4 and a comfy 12 second gap back to Delaney in P6. Foreshadowing strikes again with an exit from the lobby by Ash resulting in P4 for myself and an F-bomb in my headset from Delaney saw the gap behind me go up from 12 seconds to 22 seconds. By lap 19 the sights and sounds of a battle over P3 between Hasnain and Wobs drew my attention and I placed an order for a bucket of popcorn. My crew told me that Lance (who was a 1 lap down and in P10) would be delivering said bucket... there was more from my crew chief, something about @AOR Gizmo (Foreshadowing) but I didn't catch all of it. Bucket of freshly popped corn now delivered it was time to settle in and watch the fight brewing up ahead. I knew I didn't have any real chance of catching Wobs & Hasnain barring a major catastrophe between them but at least the end of the race would be entertia... o_O

The kernel of corn I had just popped in my mouth disappeared along with everyone else apart form Delaney and I. Oh right, the foreshadowing. :cautious: As of the writing of this report I still do not know my official finishing position.

EDIT: P4!

Sprint Race: P6. After the predictable passes by the likes of Wobs, @hollowdene & Hasnain and some mishaps by @ZWValandil and @SEAN-GBR I found myself in a tussle with draga & @1.MSC over P6. Impressed and annoyed in equal measure it took me until lap 5 before I was able to rid myself of rob (@1.MSC, BTW that actually was a nice battle, you have improved a great deal(y)) and take up the fight with draga & Delaney in P5 & 6 respectively who had run off a bit but not so far that I couldn't catch them. A bit of re-shuffling due to pit stops between laps 6 and 8 saw me up to P6 just behind Delaney and looking to move ahead as I knew I would not have to re-fuel and I'd be switching to the softs... except I forgot to switch compounds:poop:. However, so did Delaney:giggle:. The time gained in the pits promoted me to P5 but some sloppy driving on my part allowed draga to pinch P5 away from me on lap 10 and despite a tasty battle between us draga would emerge victorious with the two of us finishing about 0.4 seconds apart in P5 & 6.

(heavy sigh) It's on to Round 4 at Brands Hatch GP... just stay on track you'll do fine, just stay on track you'll do fine, just stay on track you'll do fine... :sick::cautious:

Last edited:

1.MSC

Pro Karter
May 23, 2018
Thanks @BL99DY-NINE ! :) I didnt realise I was that slow out of T1, so didnt even think about defending in to the chicane! :p
Anyways, Brands is the track i like the most so I hope the Gt-R will bounce back from the terrible race at gardens (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.