Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016

GTS_BANNER_rd4.jpg

In the past this circuit located in Kent of England has been the stage for the Formula 1, and today it is known to host touring car races and the British F3 Championships. The beautiful track that cuts into a forest is known for its steep ups and downs, but because the structures of the corners are relatively simple, it is enjoyable for both beginner and expert drivers. For this event the full GP course is chosen.

Round 4 Brands Hatch GP

Important Links

Event Information
  • Date: October 25th 2018
  • Lobby Opens: 7:05 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 8:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Choise Feature race RM/RS
  • Tire Choise Sprint race RS/RSS
  • Event Format
- Qualifying: 15 Minutes
- Feature Race: 40 Minutes
- Sprint Race: 20 minutes (reverse grid, from Feature race finish)

Track Map
220px-Brands_Hatch_2003.svg.png

Weather Conditions:
- Fine Weather

In-game time-of-day:

Manual Rolling Start Information:

● Formation Point
New one up
Rd4 BrandsHatch _ FORMATION.jpg

● Acceleration Zone
Rd4 BrandsHatch _ ACCEL.jpg

Notices:

● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Startlist:
  1. @Delaney, PSN: RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 34ms
  2. @BL99DY-NINE, PSN: BL99DY-NINE, American, 111ms
  3. @hollowdene, PSN: Hollowdene, British, 8ms
  4. @SEAN-GBR, PSN: SEAN-GBR, English, 13ms
  5. @AOR Gizmo, PSN: AORGIZMO, British, 20ms (5pp)
  6. @SirBrbaham, PSN: Lance84200, Austrian, 136ms (15pp)
  7. @dragapollo12, PSN: Dragapollo12, British, 24ms
  8. @1.MSC, PSN: Robfisken69, Swedish, 55ms
  9. @B2K.TSVH, PSN: ToxicV1ru2, German, 23ms
  10. @Wobbuffet, PSN: Shadow_Sylar, English, 20ms
  11. @Ashracer2011, PSN: Ashracer2011, British, 20ms
  12. @Thomlotus, PSN: Thomlotus, English, 7ms
  13. @ZWValandil , PSN: ZWValandil, Dutch, 17ms
  14. @Hasnain, PSN: Ace_Hasnain_282, British, 16ms
  15. @Bowser013, PSN: Bowser013, British, 22ms
  16. @HindyGT-, PSN: HindyGT-, British, 22ms
Reserve - make sure that Your ready with short notice:
  1. @Videx
Informed no show:
Uninformed no show:
  • None
NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have might have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR Leagues

Attachments

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Looking forward to it.
Beware that, as We start 15 min Quali 21.00 CEST, Feature Race will not finish till 22.00, at the earliest. Then come 5 min brake before 20 min Sprint Race begin. This mean that, even in best cases, We'll not finish before 22.30. I'll not hear about anybody having to leave before that, as this is what You have signed up for!

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Beware that, as We start 15 min Quali 21.00 CEST, Feature Race will not finish till 22.00, at the earliest. Then come 5 min brake before 20 min Sprint Race begin. This mean that, even in best cases, We'll not finish before 22.30. I'll not hear about anybody having to leave before that, as this is what You have signed up for!
If you were to change the qualifying to start at 19.45 (UK) or (20.45 CES) then maybe for the European guys it would be a little easier on the time not becoming to late, might be a thought for next season however!

This is another race I'd advise people to spend some time practising for as the track is very unforgiving if you make a mistake. Not sure on lap times yet as I've not done any practice, but I imagine probably around the 1.24s or lower will be the times to aim for.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
If you were to change the qualifying to start at 19.45 (UK) or (20.45 CES) then maybe for the European guys it would be a little easier on the time not becoming to late, might be a thought for next season however!

This is another race I'd advise people to spend some time practising for as the track is very unforgiving if you make a mistake. Not sure on lap times yet as I've not done any practice, but I imagine probably around the 1.24s or lower will be the times to aim for.
I’m aiming all I can, it doesn’t work

I’m setting up a room for some practice tomorrow from 8-ish uk time

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Don't dislike or like Brand Hatch to race around personally but I'm hoping to be slightly more quicker here in comparison to the front runners then I was at Dragon Trail last week, I think with Hasnain joining the fray theres now 3 very quick drivers (others being Ash & hollowdene) so if you want to get a podium in either race then you'll have to likely finish ahead of one of them, but even then I wouldn't rule out Dragapollo, Bl99dy & Delaney who are all very capable of challenging for podiums if there on the pace as well. (And that not including the extra variable of the new driver who signed up.)

So i'm expecting a close tight battle for the front positions, but also hopefully fun races and considering where I normally seem to be in races so far this season my target has to be getting a podium in one of the races and a top 5 in the other.

but I imagine probably around the 1.24s or lower will be the times to aim for.
So what we should really expect the likes of you, Hasnain and Hollowdene to be doing is 1:21's then.:p

On a more serious point Ash, have you fixed your PS4 from frame-rate issues?

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Don't dislike or like Brand Hatch to race around personally but I'm hoping to be slightly more quicker here in comparison to the front runners then I was at Dragon Trail last week, I think with Hasnain joining the fray theres now 3 very quick drivers (others being Ash & hollowdene) so if you want to get a podium in either race then you'll have to likely finish ahead of one of them, but even then I wouldn't rule out Dragapollo, Bl99dy & Delaney who are all very capable of challenging for podiums if there on the pace as well. (And that not including the extra variable of the new driver who signed up.)

So i'm expecting a close tight battle for the front positions, but also hopefully fun races and considering where I normally seem to be in races so far this season my target has to be getting a podium in one of the races and a top 5 in the other.

So what we should really expect the likes of you, Hasnain and Hollowdene to be doing is 1:21's then.:p

On a more serious point Ash, have you fixed your PS4 from frame-rate issues?
Unknown if I have fixed it or not, I've done everything possible to clean out the PS4 and prevent overheating, as I've not had the PS4 on this week long enough to see if the difference is made or not

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Unknown if I have fixed it or not, I've done everything possible to clean out the PS4 and prevent overheating, as I've not had the PS4 on this week long enough to see if the difference is made or not
If You come testing tonight, I'll try to keep You warm ;)

The straight bits are fine, but I'm struggling a bit with the corners. I can do 5-10 laps fine, but then I f*** it up and try to move the whole track out of Kent

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
If You come testing tonight, I'll try to keep You warm ;)

The straight bits are fine, but I'm struggling a bit with the corners. I can do 5-10 laps fine, but then I f*** it up and try to move the whole track out of Kent
I am waiting for my PS4 to restore, it says about 70 minutes left now may be on around 8.30pm UK time if it finishes by then

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
The picture of formation point has been removed, as there was an error regarding which side to start in. Polesitter and other odd numbers should always start in same side as the first turn. A new picture will be up later today.

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Welcome @HindyGT- !!

I will be online tonight from 7PM (UK) or 8PM European if you are interested in getting a few laps of practice in, we'll also do a few short practice races so you can settle in to racing with some of the guys in the league.
@Delaney
@BL99DY-NINE
@hollowdene
@SEAN-GBR
@AOR Gizmo
@SirBrbaham
@dragapollo12
@1.MSC
@B2K.TSVH
@Wobbuffet
@Thomlotus
@ZWValandil
@Hasnain,
@Bowser013

Your all welcome to join, either myself or @Delaney will be hosting the room so make sure you've friend requested us if you're not already friends.

Reactions: HindyGT-

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Just a suggestion I'd like to put forward for this round, would the co-ords consider turning ghosting on for lapped cars? Its not that I don't trust others in this league as when I've lapped driver on occasions I've not had any major issues so far.(y)

But due to the tight and unforgiving nature of this track, I think ghosting would be beneficial to not only the leaders but to any drivers getting lapped, by putting ghosting on drivers getting lapped will be able to fully focus on driving and not have to worry about moving out of the way and on the flipside leaders will not have to worry about potentially passing a lapped car in a tight section of the circuit.

I honestly think the pro's out weigh the cons on this occasion, especially if there's 2 car battling for position in the lead or while going a lap down in either instance, so it wouldn't interfere in any battle for track position.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Just a suggestion I'd like to put forward for this round, would the co-ords consider turning ghosting on for lapped cars? Its not that I don't trust others in this league as when I've lapped driver on occasions I've not had any major issues so far.(y)

But due to the tight and unforgiving nature of this track, I think ghosting would be beneficial to not only the leaders but to any drivers getting lapped, by putting ghosting on drivers getting lapped will be able to fully focus on driving and not have to worry about moving out of the way and on the flipside leaders will not have to worry about potentially passing a lapped car in a tight section of the circuit.

I honestly think the pro's out weigh the cons on this occasion, especially if there's 2 car battling for position in the lead or while going a lap down in either instance, so it wouldn't interfere in any battle for track position.
I'm sure that F1 would absolutely looove to have such a thing. We'll have a quick discussion about it in the coordinator group.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Another thing is the pit. Please everybody be very careful in both ends. The pit entrance in short and twisty so You need to start braking or at least reducing Your speed allready outside the pit entrance. And also at pit exit it's very tricky. Here the problem is that the exit is directly into the racing line and that might cause problems. In teory You are not allowed to cross the white line marking the pit exit, but it's impossible to gowern this, so please take care and have some attention on those exiting the pit. Also those exiting the pit are to be careful and not barge out into a 3-way battle if it can be avoided.

As the Danish law on driving say's: You need to be "Be careful and attentive"

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Another thing is the pit. Please everybody be very careful in both ends. The pit entrance in short and twisty so You need to start braking or at least reducing Your speed allready outside the pit entrance. And also at pit exit it's very tricky. Here the problem is that the exit is directly into the racing line and that might cause problems. In teory You are not allowed to cross the white line marking the pit exit, but it's impossible to gowern this, so please take care and have some attention on those exiting the pit. Also those exiting the pit are to be careful and not barge out into a 3-way battle if it can be avoided.

As the Danish law on driving say's: You need to be "Be careful and attentive"
Yes very important everyone uses the full track map to see if a car is on the pits straight before exiting the pits, make sure if you have to stop you press the brake before the autodrive finishes and this will enable you to stop before leaving the pit exit area which is directly in Turn 1.

Also I agree on the Lapped Car situation, you could lose your race if you have to make a risky overtake on a car that is failing to move out the this applies for everyone who comes up to a lapped car, if drivers in the lapped car (myself included) are willing to be more aware that would be a benefit for everyone.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
As to the lapped car situation, the Stewards has discussed this and even though We certainly understand the challenges regarding overtaking at this track, We are not ready to change this.

To racers getting lapped!! Make sure You look for the blue flags/ lights and keep an eye in the rear mirror if You are shown the flag.
You are obligated to let the faster cars through and should You take out a faster car, it will be regarded as a worsening fact if You have not respected the blue flag.

This however does NOT give the overtaking party, the right to force his way past!!

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
As to the lapped car situation, the Stewards has discussed this and even though We certainly understand the challenges regarding overtaking at this track, We are not ready to change this.

To racers getting lapped!! Make sure You look for the blue flags/ lights and keep an eye in the rear mirror if You are shown the flag.
You are obligated to let the faster cars through and should You take out a faster car, it will be regarded as a worsening fact if You have not respected the blue flag.

This however does NOT give the overtaking party, the right to force his way past!!
Ok that's fine I thought I'd ask, but I trust everyone leaders and lapped cars will do the best they can, personally I think at some parts of this track it is pretty hazardous to both drivers for a lapped car to let a leader by.

Like Paddock hill bend (T1), Druids (T2) to Graham Hill Bend (T3) and Westfield (T6/7?) to Sterlings (T8/9?), they normally only have one line and if a lapped car tries to let a leader by in these parts of the track, then its going to be a very tight squeeze for both parties so please be extremely careful, obviously the best and safest places for drivers to let others by is on one of the 5 straights.

Oh yeah as for when a driver is exiting the pit lane here I think they have what's called 'the right of way'.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.