AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 2 - Round 5, Alsace Village II | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 2 - Round 5, Alsace Village II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
2 Racers has PM'd me that They are feeling "under the weather atm.. It's @1.MSC and one other that I don't remember - Oh it was @ZWValandil. Also @Greyskulll13 (aka Daztoon) will not be joining because of building calamities.

This means that there for sure will be room for You @Videx

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
A friend of mine told that FL in their League was a 1:51.1 which is completely wacko
I assume that was on Supersofts or at least I hope that was the case.o_O
I can believe a 1:51 is possible with plenty of practice. Best I've managed is a mid 1:53 at the moment. Reckon @Ashracer2011 is quicker. Still not sure what strategy to use either.
If someone actually does a 51 on mediums during qualy, I think I'll just laugh first and then cry.:LOL:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I assume that was on Supersofts or at least I hope that was the case.o_O

If someone actually does a 51 on mediums during qualy, I think I'll just laugh first and then cry.:LOL:
It was on RM’s, so You might have to find some Kleenex’s

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P4
Wasn't really confident going into this round as I didn't really get a lot of practice so was learning as I went along. Other than the first sector the lap was decent enough and that put me P4.

Feature Race - P2
For the first stint I was just trying to get into the rhythm of the race whilst trying to keep up with the front 3. Only at the end of the stint did I properly get close to Ash and Sylar and at that point they pitted. I came in a couple of laps later and went on the mediums till the end. I'd lost a bit of time staying out on worn tyres but caught up to Ash and Sylar within a couple of laps. Got past Ash quite quickly as he was struggling on fuel and then on the next lap I got past Sylar. I did begin to catch Hollowdene up ahead but by the time the gap was about 2.5s, my tyres were gone and the gap stayed relatively constant till the last lap where I lost quite a bit of time. In the end, P2.

Sprint Race - P2
Decided to start on the softs for this race as I knew mediums wouldn't be able to do the whole race. The first few laps were quite action packed as we made our way up from the back. Was considering pitting on lap 3 as we were losing time from all the battling, but Hollowdene right in front of me decided to pit so decided to do the opposite to him and carry on. I was in P4 having just got past Sylar before pitting on lap 5, jumped Ash who had to take on extra fuel, and managed to undercut Dragapollo and BL99DY. When they came out, there was quite a train from myself to 6th. Managed to catch Hollowdene by the end of the lap, went for the undercut into the last corner, unfortunately messed it up and hit him which meant that Sylar ended up hitting me and that meant we were both down to 5th and 6th after he let me by. Luckily we didn't lose too much time and were able to catch back up. BL99DY then went off at the long left hander giving me a free spot. Was catching the front 3 and going into the last lap any of the top 5 probably could've won depending on circumstances. Dragapollo lost it out of T1, and I was upto 3rd, got Ash later in the lap but was too far back to get Hollowdene and I ran out of fuel over the line and so it was P2.

Congrats to @hollowdene on the wins, and well done to @Wobbuffet and @dragapollo12 on their podiums.

My highlights are done but I just realised that I accidentally cut off the last lap of the sprint race so I'll have them up later.

Edit: highlights:

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Race report

Q6 Not much to say really. I came out in a fine hole allowing me to do my laps with out too much distraction. Did 4 laps on the RH's to hone of some fuel and pitted for RM's, on which I did 2 laps, which was enough to get in front of @BL99DY-NINE (I hoped). Then stopped for q-results, messages to You lot and keep track of time.

Feature P5 This was a bit of a surprise. I started behind @Ashracer2011, beside @dragapollo12 and with @1.MSC behind. The start went sort of ok, but I was trying to a bit afraid of that those corners and Draga and @BL99DY-NINE came barging past on the inside of T2. It didn't last long though, as draga went wide in the uphill right and I think that it scared Bl99DY a bit as I was able to get inside him for the next corner and thereby get past in the sharp left :cool:. draga and BL99DY was having a bit of a fight behind me and I was able to stick to my fuelsave strategy and still keep them behind for the next 7 laps till I made a mistake into the long sweeping lefthander and thereby letting draga past. BL99DY had lost some seconds to draga and that made me only loose one spot :p. I managed to claw back a couple of second on draga till he pitted at lap 9. As I came past the pits, Ash came out, but I was P4. On beginning of L11 Shadow came out and Ash had caught up to me. My worn RH's and my lack of skill was no match for Ash and he got past a few corners later. I then pitted (as planned) and came out 14s down on draga, who had just made his FL. I now had SEAN behind as BL99DY had disconnected, but on worn out RM's and with no fuel he was no match. On L15 I thought I could see draga and thought that he had had an outing and that gave me a bit of hope. When We got to the pit, draga turned out to be @AOR Gizmo because the real draga was coming out of the pit. We both overtook Gizmo up the hill and draga was all over me for the next couple of laps. In the last corner I managed to mess with his corner which allowed me inside him, but but but I had a bit wheelspin coming out of the corner and that allowed him to stay in front. After this he just disappeared into the distance. On L20 he had lost a bit of time and in the long righthander on top of the hill he went wide looking for flowers and that allowed me back in front. On the next lap We were fighting really hard and I allmost let him by going down hill from the first hill but somehow managed to stay inside him for the tight left hander :p. We swiched paint work but I stayed in front and I never got back after that. Only problem with this, was that He now was going to start in front of me for the Sprint Race :(.

Sprint P6 In the Sprint Race Ash was starting right behind me, so I knew that I would come under heavy pressure right from the start. Luckily he was held up a bit from SEAN going up hill and I managed to get past SEAN. It didn't give me any breathing space though as Ash and @Wobbuffet was soon breathing down my neck. But again I managed to get past now Gizmo into P3 and still keeping them behind. On L2 Hasnain joined in on the fun, but I had to let Ash past as he was on RS's and far faster than me on my RM's. On L3 @hollowdene came up to me and I was forced to let Shadow past. I tried my best to stay with him and on L4 hollow pitted which allowed me to breathe a bit. Not more than I ended up letting @Hasnain by and I was now 1,4 s down in P6. On L5 Ash, Ace and Shadow pitted and I was again P3 for a bit. hollow got past me just before I pitted and by then Ace had caught up to us. I came out P7 11 sec down on draga and +2 sec on BL99DY and 2,5 sec in fron of SEAN, who once again was on worn out RM's. On L7 draga got past BL99DY. On L7/8 Ace and Shadow came out 11 sec's out, but right at BL99DY's tail. A bit later same lap they both got past him. I pushed all I had ever learned but couldn't close on BL99DY, instead I span in last corner and lost 5s more. At the last lap to my luck, Ash ran out of fuel o_O and I got him just before the last turn of last lap. allowing me to just loose one spot to BL99DY and in total earning me a 4th place :eek: in the standings in front of exactly those two. Consistency is a good thing and being host is too ;)

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
HEADLINE: **PORSCHE SPONSOR LEADS TO DRINKING PROBLEM (FUEL)**
@BL99DY-NINE Watch out as Margarita's maybe next

Race Report:

Qualifying - P2 - 1.53.362 - I managed to only get 1 run on the Mediums, a problem with the game stopped me from being able to enter the pits to change tyres, I did 3 successive out-laps and pitted each time only to get reset straight onto the circuit, so that was a complete royal pain in the arse... I was kind of hoping to get into the 1.52s by the end of qualifying which would of likely sealed pole.

Race: P4 I managed to keep P2 at the start, although I think due to the Martini sponsorship my Porsche has developed a drinking problem which is causing heavy fuel consumption problem in the races as despite running a very careful strategy my car still was using fuel a lot more than the other cars, seems to be a bit of a pattern across the races. Anyway... Unfortunately due to the cars drinking problem, I realised my car was around 0.5 lap short on fuel which after much fuel saving still and losing 3rd and 4th I realised I may as well pit as I had nothing left to lose, so might as well get a fastest lap point to complete the misery.

Sprint Race: P6? After what can only be described as a very busy start everyone was fighting for positions I could see Shadow Sylar was hot on my heels heading through the first sector of lap 1 and I was crafty enough to find a way behind @Delaney's just as we entered Sector 2, I was able to get past the other Porsche and saw what could only be described as the @Delaney train start to form as he was defending from 3 or 4 cars, the race was actually quite exciting throughout and I caught up gradually with @BL99DY-NINE despite saving fuel, although towards the end of the first stint the soft tyres started to become a bit of a handful from the amount of wear they had which halted progress a little, however a strategy switch onto mediums worked well and setup for what looked to be a grandstand finish towards the end of the race, unfortunately the contact with @Hasnain and @Wobbuffet gave me a bit of damage as I avoided the melee in the final corner which allowed @hollowdene some breathing space, as the race end neared I had @dragapollo12 bearing down on me along with Hassain and Sylar closely behind, Hollowdenes soft tyres started to go off and it was clear he was running out of grip to be able to stay on track, unfortunately my fuel had decided to do the same and I was fuel saving like crazy which turned out to be 1 corner from the end not enough, In hindsight I think it would of been a close end if i'd had enough fuel to avoid having to drive on the most fuel saving mode for half the race and would of fancied a good battle for the win or at least a close P2. Unfortunately however I'll have to wait till another race.

In other news:
PS4 seems to be better on the framerates, after I rebuilt the database and cleaned it out its running a lot smoother. Apparently rebuilding the database is one of the primary fixes for framerate drop out issues, so maybe worth doing if you have experienced it, can be done once you put the PS4 in safe mode and doesn't affect any of your data.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Round 5 Race Report

Qualifying: P7 For some unknown reason I just could not hook up a good lap but in hind-sight a 'good lap' would only have put me in P6, maybe.

@Ashracer2011 Bleeding Edge/ Margarita Motorsport promotes responsible drinking by sipping (fuel) with pinky finger proud and erect.

Feature Race: DNF The start went pretty well as a gap formed on the inside of turn 2 and being a (pretend) racing driver I naturally went for it and found myself in front of @Delaney and a few corners later P5 landed in my lap by way of an off track excursion from @dragapollo12. P5 didn't last long however as I misjudged a corner and left the door open for Delaney who stepped through and claimed the position. A bit of battling with delaney allowed draga to catch back up to us and I eventually surrendered P6 to him. All was not lost however as I was able to maintain pace with Delaney and draga and soon enough it was time for topping up the fuel and a switch from RH to RM. I knew I going to lose a fair amount of time going for a full tank on this stop but I'd be in clean air and on softer tyres and... an electrical fault ended my race. (Many, many words starting with 'F' and 'S' and well, 'B' & 'A' as well follow.)

Sprint Race: P5 Starting on pole is a privilege I have not enjoyed since round 5 of season 1 with the Gr. 2 cars however I would vastly prefer to have earned it rather than having pole handed to me as a result of a power cut. The start however went pretty well save a misjudgement on T9 which led to me turning in too early and clonking the guard-rail on the inside and allowed draga to slip into P1 where he would stay until the pit stop phase. Due to the refined fuel sipping of my Citroën I only needed to stop for tyres and was able to come out of the pits in P1 where I stayed for about 5 whole seconds. The big four (@hollowdene @Wobbuffet @Hasnain @Ashracer2011) came streaming past and in the space of two corners I was down to P5 and eventually P6 as I was unable to keep @dragapollo12 behind me yet again. A few laps later and I lost sight of the lead pack due to a bit of sloppy diving on my part but the bit of clean air I wound up in allowed me to catch back up just in time for the Martini Porsche of @Ashracer2011 to greedily gulp down it's last bit fuel a corner too early and P5 landed back in my lap.

Congrats to @hollowdene for yet another double victory and special mention to @dragapollo12 for some excellent battles, I hope I'll get the better of you one of these days.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
A bit later then normal but Race report time.

Feature
Qualy: 3rd - On my best lap I wasn't able to hook up all 3 sectors, S1 was very good in S2 I missed the apex of one of the right handers and lost a few tenths and in S3 well its look like the line I was taking for the long right before the hairpin wasn't the fastest. In the end I was only 3 tenths off pole and 3rd, I definitely felt I missed an opportunity to take pole.

Race: 3rd - I had a good start and was able to challenge Ash at turn 1 but the tyres didn't want to know so I had to get back in behind for 3rd. After that not a lot really happened from lap 1 to 8 apart from Ash having a minor moment about lap 5/6(?) but I wasn't close enough to capitalize, so basically I was part of a 4 car pack for the lead with not much between @hollowdene @Ashracer2011, myself & @Hasnain with all 4 of us trading lap times each lap.
Ash then pitted first on lap 9 due to his thirsty Porsche, (Hasnain was now right with me at this point) I and hollowdene pitted a lap later (lap 10) but to my surprise Hasnain stayed out. I came out just in front of Delaney and Ash.
For some reason I was struggling a bit on my tyres after I pitted and Ash was able to get a good exit from T2 on lap 11 and I decided to ease off and let him by because he seemed to be a fair bit faster at that point and also I thought he was going to have to pit again. A lap later Hasnain finally pitted and it dawned on me he was probably going to be on the mediums which I thought if true was a bold call at the time.

Anyway a couple laps passed and I had properly caught up to Ash and with Hasnain closing in quick I knew I had to get by and I was able to past Ash at the last corner, I had hoped Ash would be able to fend off Hasnain for a lap or 2 but Hasnain got by him a couple corners later.
I know at this point it would be nearly impossible to fend him off but if he was on mediums I knew the longer I could keep him behind the better chance I had of being able to battle back at the end.
Hasnain did find his way past in a couple of laps and I did my best to stick with him, but during lap 17 I decided to check my fuel and to my surprise saw and realised I was under fuelled for the likely 20 lap race, so with no other choice I had to stick it down to mix 2 for the remaining 3 laps which cost me any chance of being able to battle Hasnain at the end.
I did make it barely and finish 3rd just 6 seconds behind the winner hollowdene and a couple secs behind Hasnain.

Sprint: 4th - I had a pretty decent start for the first few turns and thought I might be able to make my way into the top 3 by lap 1 with a bit of luck but any ideas of that went when Ash appeared on the outside of me at T4 so I had to slot in behind him, I then took part in the @Delaney train until Ash got past and then it was my turn to find a way by and I eventually did. (to be honest I had a lot of fun battling you Delaney - hard but fair as always(y))

Hasnain was then able to get past him and was now with me from lap 4 onwards, but I knew he was on softs and felt confident at the time that he would surely be struggling on his tyres yet to my surprise as we started lap 5 he seemed to have good grip and pace still and got a good exit out of T2 I had no choice but to yield and I was pretty confused. (which I'll explain later)

Ash who was a couple seconds up the road pitted as did Me and Hasnain on lap 5, and we both jumped Ash but came out a couple seconds behind Delaney and hollowdene. (who I remember pitted on lap 3) We both caught the two pretty quickly as they were battling, Delaney pitted as did the front 2 Dragapollo and Bl99dy.
As we past the pit exit, Bl99dy was returning to the track and I knew it was going to be tight whether I would get ahead by T1 and I was just able to.

But later that lap (7) my race had a turn for the worst hollowdene was clearly paying the price for his early stop as Hasnain was all over him and I was waiting in the wings ready to pounce, the two battled at the last turn but Hasnain bumped into hollowdene rear which slowed him down suddenly and as I was taking my ordinary line and speed into the turn I was pretty close and I had no chance to react, and I bumped into Hasnain which nearly spun him.

At that moment, I thought about what to do while also having these two appear on my shoulders:
1541354559975.jpeg

I decided to do the 'right thing' I guess, and wait for Hasnain to recover and get back in front of me but it wasn't an easy thing to do as I knew that I gave away any chance of battling for the win at that moment.

I dropped down to 6th but gained a place back shortly after when Bl99dy ran wide, for the rest of the race I watched ahead with interest as it was clear hollowdene was now struggling badly and Draga & Ash were well aware of this fighting very hard, to be honest I was actually rooting for @dragapollo12 to win at this point. (as nothing against the other 3, but he's had the short straw in the sprint race a few times recently when leading but always loses the lead and track position due to terrible fuel economy)

As we started the final lap 2 seconds covered the leader to myself in 5th and I hoped I could maybe gain a place or two but then I had a couple poor corners in S2 and I thought that was that for me but Ash then ran out of fuel just after the second last turn and I gained 4th and that's where I finished.

Looking back I have to admit I felt pretty annoyed after the sprint race as I didn't really do anything wrong, I was once again in the wrong place at the wrong time with Hasnain's contact.

To be honest if that was a daily race against random drivers and that happened I would have just carried on as it wasn't my really my fault contact happened and the only way to avoid the contact is to be psychic, theres no way I could've known or reacted in time and I felt I would have been well within my rights to carry on and not wait, (I know it would have likely seen a stewards appeal by Hasnain but I would have dealt with it)

But since this is a league and I've had fair a lot of fair battles it was only fair that I didn't pass/get ahead of Hasnain like that, as had I won the race (after that contact and had not slowed down) which I think honestly I would have had a great chance too then it would've marred the win and also it might have been taken away from me in the stewards.

(Open question to others what would you have done if you were in my position in that contact?)

So I know I did the right thing though with out that contact I think I would have finished at least 2nd as Hollowdene was struggling and I think me and Hasnain would have found a way by.

As for the feature 3rd was probably a fair result though I felt I threw away a chance of 2nd by under fuelling slightly, but fair play to Hasnain who surprised me with his strategy and earned 2nd.

Lastly going back to my confusion about Hasnain passing me on the softs in the sprint, now the reason why I was confused is because the round before at Brands Hatch, we had pretty much the same tyre wear yet around Alsace Hasnain's was a lot better then mine it seemed. (and I checked the feature replay and it confirmed this)
In my experience of the softs I was struggling after 4 laps yet when I see his tyre wear on his replay above at lap 5 his tyres were 20-25% better then what I experienced at that point, he also managed to surprise me yet again when we pitted and he had more fuel then me.o_O (1 litre)

Either way him looking after his tyres better definitely paid dividends for him in both the feature and sprint. But I think in terms of outright pace between myself, hollowdene, Hasnain & Ash there was nothing between us in general.

But anyway congrats to hollowdene on winning both races, Hasnain for another double podium and to Draga for his podium.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
(Open question to others what would you have done if you were in my position in that contact?)
I would've let you back through if the roles were reversed though in a daily race it'd probably depend how I feel on the day

But since this is a league and I've had fair a lot of fair battles it was only fair that I didn't pass/get ahead of Hasnain like that, as had I won the race (after that contact and had not slowed down) which I think honestly I would have had a great chance too then it would've marred the win and also it might have been taken away from me in the stewards.
This will probably annoy you quite a bit, but I try to avoid going to stewards as much as possible. Unless someone deliberately went out of their way to take me out, I prefer to talk it out, accidents happen all the time. So for that incident I wouldn't have taken you to the stewards even if you carried on. But I do appreciate you letting me back through regardless.

Reactions: Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
This will probably annoy you quite a bit, but I try to avoid going to stewards as much as possible. Unless someone deliberately went out of their way to take me out, I prefer to talk it out, accidents happen all the time. So for that incident I wouldn't have taken you to the stewards even if you carried on. But I do appreciate you letting me back through regardless.
Honestly even if I knew that I would have still done the same thing, because as I said I wouldn't have wanted to pass you or anyone in the league like that.

Oh yeah meant to mention after watching your vid about your pass on @Ashracer2011 at 22:56 - in Nascar terminology that's called a 'slide job'.:p
To be honest at that stage of the race yeah its not exactly like you had time to wait and I know Ash left the door open but that overtake was a mix of divebomb and basically parking on the apex to stop Ash from cutting back inside - a little bit naughty and aggressive.
(I've now made a mental note to remember that move in future races if your behind me on the last lap Hasnain, also I won't be so tolerant if you do that to me.;))

Status
Not open for further replies.