AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 2 - Round 6, Interlagos Sao Paolo | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 2 - Round 6, Interlagos Sao Paolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016

GTS_BANNER_rd6.jpg

Autodromos de Interlagos also known as Autódromo José Carlos Pace outside Sao Paolo is the premier circuit of Brazil in South America. The 4,309m track was loved by the legendary driver Ayrton Senna. Of the group of tracks used in Formula 1, this is a rare counterclockwise track. It has a mix of long high G corners, as well as a tight infield section. Because you need both the stability for the high speed corners and the turning performance for the low speed corners, it is a tough track for drivers. This is a track where your skill improvements will clearly show in your lap times.

Round 6, Autodromo De Interlagos

Important Links
Event Information
  • Date: October 8th 2018
  • Lobby Opens: 7:05 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 8:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Choise Feature race RH/RM
  • Tire Choise Sprint race RM/RS
  • Event Format
- Qualifying: 15 Minutes
- Feature Race: 40 Minutes
- Sprint Race: 20 minutes (reverse grid, from Feature race finish)

Track Map
470px-Circuit_Interlagos.svg.png

Weather Conditions:
- Fine Weather

In-game time-of-day:

Manual Rolling Start Information:

● Formation Point
Rd6 Interlagos _ FORMATION.jpg

● Acceleration Zone
Rd6 Interlagos _ ACCEL.jpg

Notices:

● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Startlist:

1. @Delaney, PSN: RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 34ms, G29
  2. @BL99DY-NINE, PSN: BL99DY-NINE, American, 111ms, Pad
  3. @hollowdene, PSN: Hollowdene, British, 8ms, Fanatec CSL Elite
  4. @SEAN-GBR, PSN: SEAN-GBR, English, 13ms, T300RS
  5. @dragapollo12, PSN: Dragapollo12, British, 24ms, Pad
  6. @Wobbuffet, PSN: Shadow_Sylar, English, 20ms, Pad
  7. @Ashracer2011, PSN: Ashracer2011, British, 20ms, G29
  8. @ZWValandil , PSN: ZWValandil, Dutch, 17ms, Maybe not able tonight
  9. @1.MSC, PSN: Robfisken69, Swedish, 55ms, Pad

• Reserves - make sure You are ready with short notice:
Resigned:
  • @AlexTheGreat, PSN: ales11112, American, 111ms (Network issues)
  • @NEILY84, PSN: NEILY84, British, 12ms (private reasons)
  • @cjallen1, PSN: Silverbeard81, British, 17ms
  • @Kelval37, PSN: Kelval37, Belgian, 17ms (Banned from AOR GT Sport League for 3 consecutive uninformed no show)
  • @Alper_BAL, PSN: Alper_BAL, Türq, 81ms (Banned from AOR GT Sport League for 3 consecutive uninformed no show)
  • @SirBrbaham, PSN: Lance84200, Austrian, 136ms (no reason given)
  • @HindyGT-, PSN: HindyGT-, British, 22ms (Realised that He need more practise)
  • @B2K.TSVH, PSN: ToxicV1ru2, German, 23ms (+10pp -> 60pp and GTS League ban)
  • @Greyskulll13, PSN: Daztoon, British, 19ms, Pad (building/internet problems)
  • @Thomlotus, PSN: Thomlotus, English, 7ms (Banned from AOR GT Sport League for 3 consecutive uninformed no show)
  • @AOR Gizmo, PSN: AORGIZMO, British, 20ms, G29 (Personal reasons)

Informed no show:
  • @Hasnain, PSN: Ace_Hasnain_282, British, 16ms, Pad
Uninformed no show:
  • @Bowser013, PSN: Bowser013, British, 22ms (+10pp and warning)
  • @Videx, PSN: Videx, Portuguese, 44ms (10pp +10pp and qualifying ban for next race)
NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have might have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR Leagues

Qualifying result:
Q_Interlagos.JPG

Feature Race result:
F_Interlagos.JPG

Sprint Race result:
S_Interlagos.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashracer2011

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I should be there.

However theirs a chance I might be travelling due to work so might not make it back in time, won't know till next week when I can discuss which day.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Well I have a bit of a tricky Thursday my self. I just got the message that the engineers will be installing my new windows Thursday-Friday, so that's an extra challenge. I might need to have some one managing the room, to be on the safe side.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Nice to be back to a track we should all know pretty well, so after looking at the championship table properly it seems like that I'm at the moment @hollowdene's main challenger and realistically with the points advantage he has and likely still will have even after the drop week is added, I have to target winning all the remaining (6) races just to have a chance of catching him.

Is it a realistic target - hell no.:ROFLMAO:
But I will try my best to at least keep the championship alive (mathematically), for the last race.

Oh yeah talking about the standings I think I understood what @Delaney intended with it. as I see it goes R1,R2 then jumps to R7, R8 and again to R13 & R14. The reason I think it jumps is because it was incase we had 3 lobbys per race, and I'm guessing putting separate extra rounds was the only way to make the points correspond to the tiers.

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Remember that there is an Update out there, that You need to do before tomorrow's race

1.MSC

Pro Karter
May 23, 2018
I did a Lobby race just now and it worked out fine without any lag. But If you see me lag or something tomorrow tell me asap. Will be using 4G connection for the race.

Attachments

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I’ll setting up a room tonight from 20 CET / 7 UK time

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'm not sure if I'll be able to challenge for the win tonight but I'll give it a go, since the update my car feels slightly more stable but not by much lol.

Also @Delaney I would just like to make the suggestion of making a minor change to the formation point, I think it might make life slightly easier for everyone if the formation point is moved to just after T11 instead of before it.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I'm not sure if I'll be able to challenge for the win tonight but I'll give it a go, since the update my car feels slightly more stable but not by much lol.

Also @Delaney I would just like to make the suggestion of making a minor change to the formation point, I think it might make life slightly easier for everyone if the formation point is moved to just after T11 instead of before it.

Thanks for the suggestion, no. I really don't think that it'll change anything.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018

My thinking behind why we set the formation point just before T11 instead of after it is that it is a natural slow down point on the track and the fact that it is a wonky corner made it more important to my mind to form-up before that corner rather than after it.

However thank you for your input and are you really certain you don't want to be part of the coordinating team? :geek::p

SEAN-GBR

Formula Karter
May 14, 2018
AOR GT Sport Gr3 League Round 6 - Interlagos

Qualifying - I was going to give qualifying a miss again because I have to recalibrate my wheel before every session so it will last the race, I thought I would quickly put a lap in as I was nearer the pace here and the lap I managed was good enough for 7th.

Race 1 - Feature Race - I was looking forward to this race as It is the first virtual race track I learned on F1 on PS1, I decided to start on the hards and see if I could manage the fuel to see how far I could go, in to the first corner though and I touched the grass and cut across the senna s, I was last but by the start of lap 2 I was back on the tail of the fight of @dragapollo12 @Delaney and @ZWValandil, at turn 4 Dragapollo and Delaney went wide and I got past them and up in to 7th, then ZWValandil had a moment at the tricky off camber Mergulho, I got past around the outside but then got spun from behind into the last corner, I initially thought ZWValandil had hit me but when I seen Delaney off track and then letting me past I knew it must have been him. Not sure if @Delaney was going for the double overtake but he came down the inside of ZWValandil and tagged my rear corner, looking at it I could have mabey ran a bit wider but I had just took my normal line as I had no idea he was there and thought the way ZWValandil lost it would have blocked the inside off. After that it just turned into my usual mistake riddled event, swapped the hards for mediums as my strategy was ruined now and came last (9th). Only bit of fun was following BL99DY-NINE after I was lapped but I suspect he was saving fuel, just nice to run with another car.

Race 2 - Sprint Race - Starting on pole on the mediums I knew I would not be there long but after a clean lap and some battling behind I managed to lead my first lap, but like I thought the faster guys were making their way through and by lap 3 I was down to 4th, there was a little buffer to 5th though and managed to hang in there until the pitstops and even back up to 3rd when Wobbuffet pitted though he came out not far behind me and was back past me on lap 8. I knew I had stayed out too long as dragapollo had pitted from a second behind me and was going to undercut me, sure enough as I came out the pits I was at the back of a four car train of @dragapollo12 @1.MSC and @BL99DY-NINE, all separated by 3 seconds at this point I was on the softs and trying to keep up, on lap 11 1.MSC touched the grass into turn 1 and got me up to 6th but the last 3 laps I just was just keeping up with dragapollo and BL33DY hoping something would happen as I could not get close enough to overtake, I crossed the line with my best result of the season in 6th and just 2 seconds from 4th.

I enjoyed race 2, was pretty clean and I was actually running with some other cars instead of being on my own most races, need to get more of this as I get anxiety and panic when faster or similar paced cars are around.

Congratulations to @Wobbuffet for the double win and making it tight at the top of the championship.

Last edited:

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Round 6 Race Report

Qualifying: P6
... Yet again I was unable to hook up a good lap in qualifying however my best lap in practice would have only netted me P6 anyways or maybe edged out @dragapollo12. Either way qualifying has just not been going my way at all this season.

Feature Race: P4
Some minor chaos in the Senna 'S' promoted me to P5 and then a text-book move up the inside of draga at T4 put me in P4 and just a second or so behind the top 3. However, @1.MSC (rob) had found his way up to P5 was now mounting a challenge which coupled with my selection of the RH tyres allowed the top 3 to scarper off. (Not that I had any real chance of staying with them) After a few laps of battling with rob I lost track of him in my radar and made the mistake of taking the racing line heading into T1 which was all rob needed to mug me off for P4. 3 laps of staring at the back of rob's car was finally ended when I was able to get a good run through T6 & 7 and glide up the inside at T8 to re-claim P4. A pit stop for rob on the same lap meant I was now ensconced in no-man's land several seconds behind the top 3 and rather comfortably ahead of the rest of the grid.

Apart from a brief hello and good-bye from @Wobbuffet, @hollowdene & @Ashracer2011 during their pit stop phase and the reappearance of rob after my pit stop it was pretty clear to me at this point that I was in for a lonely second half. A wild ashracer in P3 was spotted in the distance about 5 laps later along with a special guest appearance by @SEAN-GBR who kept me company in the dying laps of the race. A spark of hope came in the form of ashracer making a late 3rd stop but being on old RH tyres versus ash's fresh RMs meant I was not going to able to mount any kind of challenge and so P4 was where I would stay.

Sprint Race: P5
Sometimes I really hate the in-game rolling start. My complaint on this particular occasion is that the game decided to start me in first gear with the engine banging off of the rev limiter which meant I was swamped off the start and by T3 I was at the back of the pack in P9. (Familiar territory this) I was able to claim P8 from @ZWValandil at T8 by following wobbywobs through his overtake at the same corner and then on T13 disaster struck. Valandil dipped a tyre on the grass just before the entry to T13 losing control of his car and eventually making contact with my rear quarter which put me into a half-spin. (I'd like to take this moment to commend @ZWValandil for his gentlemanly conduct in the form of waiting until I recovered)

Well and truly lost and alone I had nothing left to do but put my head down and put in some consistent laps and hope that my Citroën's party trick will allow me to catch back up to the pack. Fast forward to the pit stop phase and yet again no additional fuel is required because Margarita is not just an adult beverage company but a racing fuel supplier as well. (Which explains the 'taste' of their product) Party trick completed I found myself in P7 (ahead of @hollowdene??!!) and right behind rob and draga in P6 & 5 respectively. A couple of laps later @SEAN-GBR joined our little train coming out of the pits which moved me into P6, marking a welcome change to the first half of my race. Spritis renewed it was time to tuck into the battle and attempt to move up to the front of this pack. A lap later I slid up the inside of rob through T6 & 7 and hungry for more I set my sights on draga in P4 but he was able to hold on and despite a last ditch effort from myself we yet again finished nose to tail.

Congrats to Woop WobbyWobs (@Wobbuffet ) on the double victory and hats off to rob (@1.MSC ) & draga (@dragapollo12 ) for some entertaining battles
Special Mention to @Delaney for a podium finish in the Sprint Race

On to Round 7 and the Home Race for Citroën at Sainte-Croix. (Where the piddly horsepower is doomed to failure:ROFLMAO::cry::cautious: )

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Race report time.

Feature
Qualy: 2nd - A bit of a mental qualy session in terms of competitiveness, on my best lap at the end I hooked up a decent lap not perfect as I didn't hook up the end of S2, but as I crossed the line it was good enough to just pip hollowdene by 0.002 and just 0.036 behind Ash, basically just 4 hundredths covering us unbelievable.

Race: 1st - At the start I had a big scare as @Delaney misjudged his braking point for T1 and hit me though luckily it was a side on side contact and no damage was done, though it forced me wide and allowed Delaney, hollowdene past me and nearly Dragapollo as well, I didn't have time to be angry or annoyed I instantly refocused Delaney slowdown to let me pass and then I battled @dragapollo12 at T2 and T3 and was able to get infront, then at T4 @hollowdene made a slight error and ran wide and I was able to sneak back past and get back to 2nd, which after the first corner I was very happy with and no real damage was done, though @Ashracer2011 did have a 2.5 second lead because of this.

For the next several laps I went about trying to close the gap down to Ash and by lap 7 I had got the gap down to around a second though I had hollowdene closely following me behind, it felt to me during lap 2 - 7 that you (hollowdene) were happy enough to stay behind me to save fuel, as on lap 8 hollowdene started to try and overtake me but I was able to fend him off then on lap 9 I made my first stop and came out just in front of Bl99dy, during that outlap I was able to gain a bit of time on Ash and H'dene, and they pitted the next lap and due to the combo of taking less fuel then those 2 I was able to take the lead and when things settled down it turned out I had a 4.5 second lead.

The next several laps was just like a TT with me and H'dene was trading lap times, with him slowly but surely reeling me and by the time we both made are 2nd stops on lap 17 I had a 3 second lead, I was expecting to increase my lead a little bit (a couple secs) but to my surprise when we exited the pits I had only gained 0.5, so with a 3.5 second lead I knew any mistake big or small would be costly, as the time and next few laps went by H'dene was again slowly but surely catching me as I was coming to the end of lap 22 I had a look at the time remaining and was very unsure if there was going to be 25 laps or 26 but I got my answer at the end of lap 23 as with 3 minutes left I knew that it would be just 2 more laps.

And at this point I had a 2 second lead, I had a decent lap I thought but as I started the last lap H'dene was only 1.3 behind the pressure was at maximum for me at this stage, however I knew as long as I didn't make a mistake I should be able to see it out and as I exited the last corner I had a lead of only 0.6 but thankfully (for me) H'dene even with the slipstream wasn't able to get close enough to challenge at the line, and I managed to win with just under a 0.4 winning margin.

Sprint: 1st - The opening laps were pretty hectic as normal, on the opening lap I had a minor collision with ZWvalandil at T11 when I was trying to pass him (following H'dene through), I was halfway alongside when he turned in I guess he was trying to cut underneath H'dene but I was already there, thankfully it wasn't an issue as I didn't suffer any damage.

I was intending to following H'dene however due to heavy battling infront of him at the end of lap 1 and me getting a great run, I decided to have a go down the outside at T1 and I managed to get ahead of him at T2 I then passed a 3 more people over the 2 laps and moved upto 3rd, at this point my attention was now on @Ashracer2011 and @Delaney.

I caught Delaney and passed him for 2nd, I was only a couple seconds behind Ash and made my only stop on lap 6 with a good outlap I gained 2 seconds on him, and with his Porsche guzzling fuel like no tomorrow when he pitted on lap 7 when he exited the pits I had the luxury of a 6 second plus advantage over him, Delaney then pitted lap 8 and I was in the lead.

At this point I felt pretty relaxed and knew all I had to do for the rest of the race was run a sensible enough fast pace and I did this with no problems, I ended up winning by nearly 3 seconds and I even ended up setting the fastest lap of the race.

Looking back at the races I was very happy to do the double again and win both race and from a championship perspective I needed too, I didn't expect to do it but I didn't make a mistake in either race and that probably made the difference for me.

In the feature despite using a pad I felt absolutely knackered at the end as Hollowdene forced me to race and push at my maximum every lap, especially for the middle and end stints of the race, I certainly was on the edge and had a couple moments but thankfully I held on, as I said afterwards if there was one more lap I doubt I win, I feel a bit fortunate that the race time worked out how it did, if we had been on average 0.25 seconds quicker per lap during the race, then it would have been a 26 lap race instead of 25.
Either way that was a very satisfying win and one I think I really had to earn.

With the sprint, yeah I won in a much easier manner but that was simply because of Ash's bad Porsche fuel economy, I mean I still would have jumped him because of the undercut but I would have had a tough fight to keep him behind if fuel economy wasn't a thing, though lastly I was very surprised to see Hollowdene finishing 7th.

I felt Hollowdene was the fastest overall in general and was a good 2-3 tenths quicker then me on average though I felt I was 2nd fastest overall only just from Ash though.

Anyway well done to the Ash on a double podium, hollowdene for putting me through hell in the feature and congrats to Delaney for getting back on the podium.(y)

So I said I need to win the last 6 races to have a chance of the championship, well that's 2 down 4 to go lets see if I can make a minor miracle happen again in the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.