AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 3 - X-MAS CUP 1st. round Gr.4 at Mount Panorama | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 3 - X-MAS CUP 1st. round Gr.4 at Mount Panorama

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
XmasCup_r1.jpg

Mount Panorama Circuit is a motor racing track located in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia. It is situated on a hill with the dual official names of Mount Panorama and Bathurst. This is the premier circuit of Australia, that is the stage of big events such as the Bathurst 12 hour race. The beginning and last sections consist of long straights, but the midsection running over the hill is a very technical section with steep ascents and descents as well as a series of blind corners. The great contrast between these sections is the allure of the Mount Panorama Circuit. Take your time to truly master the tricky layout.

Round 1, Mount Panorama

Important Links
● League Information
● League Rules & Regulations
● Calendar
● Main discussion

Event Information
  • Date: December 6th 2018
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: Racing Hard
  • Event Format:
    - Qualifying: 15 Minutes
    - Feature Race: 40 Minutes
    - In game rolling start

Track Map
Bathurst Mount Panorama.png

Weather Conditions:
- Cloudy

In-game time-of-day:

Notices:

● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Startlist:
  1. @Delaney, PSN: RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 34ms, G29
  2. @BL99DY-NINE, PSN: BL99DY-NINE, American, 111ms, Pad
  3. @Jackiid15, PSN: Jackiid15, Scottish, 39ms
  4. @Hasnain, PSN: Ace_Hasnain_282, British, 17ms
  5. @dragapollo12, PSN: dragapollo12, British, 11ms
  6. @MineChallengeNL, PSN: MineChallengeNL, Dutch, 12ms
  7. @1.MSC, PSN: Robfisken69, Swedish, 75ms
  8. @ERS_Thunder, PSN: Megamunkki, Finish, 46ms
  9. @Ashracer2011, PSN: ashracer2011, British
  10. @Intotheobscurity, PSN: Intotheobscurity, British, 34ms
  11. @JaGGeD_ARC_83, PSN: JaG83D83, Canadian, 146ms
  12. @kamilek2424, PSN: kamilek2424, polish, 34ms
  13. @Gareth Kirk, PSN: GP1_TripleG, British, 17ms
  14. @TubbyPhantom, PSN: GP1_TubbyPhantom, British, 14ms
  15. @Fabio_dubai, PSN: deri_mccoy, Italian, 123ms

Resigned:
Informed no show:
Uninformed no show:
NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have might have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Delaney Stream on Youtube
Sorry for the poor streaming quality - I forgot to hardwire my connection

Qualifying result:
S3Rd1 Mount Panorama Qa.JPG

S3Rd1 Mount Panorama Qb.JPG

Race result:
S3Rd1 Mount Panorama FR.JPG

Last edited:

BL99DY-NINE

Formula 4 2nd Driver
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Can't wait to spread some seasonal cheer (read: automotive paint) all over the walls of the Blue Hell! :cool:

Jan 14, 2014
Anyone fancy a little practice this evening? 7PM UK

Haven't been on the game for a week or more would be nice to get back into the groove on this tricky track!

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hey none of me??? Nice though mate

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
And foaming with Tuborg Christmas Brew too

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
REMEMBER TO DO THE PLACEMENT TIME TRIAL here

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I'll be setting a room up for some practise tonight. 20.00 CET / 7 pm UK time

Jan 14, 2014
The update is 2.884GB in size so please make sure you've allowed time to download it and also for the install.

Best advice if you are out all day is to start your PS4 tonight and install it or do it early tomorrow morning.

Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for a great race this week, enjoyed the challenges of Mount Panorama and the super close qualifying and race! Feels nice to be back in the winning lane!
I hope a few others get that chance this season too also experience winning a race!:)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Thanks to all for some great racing yesterday.

A brief race report

Q6
I was designated to race in Race Room 2, I my expectations or best hope was to be "best of the rest" - Meaning 1st. in RR2, but as only 15 showed for the race, We decided to merge the two RR's into one. This meant that I had the possibility to make an even better result. So I pushed all I have learned to get a good qualifying result. But that I could manage a 6th, I never dared to dream about. Both @BL99DY-NINE and @Hasnain are normally faster than me, especially in qualifying, but they both messed up.

R5
With Hasnain right at my rear and @ERS_Thunder (Megamunkki) in front I didn't know what to expect. Hasnain I know is really fast, but how much did he practise, could I maybe pull away as He was learning? Also I've seen some stunning laps from Mega, but long run? And those two Audi's up front what could they do in the long run, would their front tires fall off after 3-4 laps? The race started resonably quiet with me just following Mega and Hasnain following me at the first lap. Hasnain did come closer and at the Mountain Straight at lap 2, he came powering through. Unfortunately for him / luckily for me, he messed up Quarry Bend and ran wide, We touched (I had no chance to avoid that) and I came back past him. We kept battling, till I messed up Forrest's Elbow and did bit of scraping that hideous wall. In our battle We had given Mega some space, but that ended there and then, as Hasnain really started pushing, with me a few second back. Hasnain got past and I caught Mega, as he pitted (ohh a two stopper for him). Hasnain and I powered on the best We had learned, till We both pitted at lap 9. As I came out of the pit, I saw that I had 25 seconds up to the front Audi and I started hoping, as they both had to pit again. But no, as they pitted @TubbyPhantom was 4 second ahead and @Gareth Kirk (TrippleG) was not far of Hasnains tail and Hasnain was a second behind me. I could of cause hope, that Hasnain could slow Tripple down, but with Hasnain being slower than me on the straight and the Audi being on fresh tires AND a lot faster on the straight, I thought that Tripple would probably take us both and he did at lap 16, after I had made some minor errors, coming down the hill. Hasnain overtook me shortly after and I only sit back and watch them disapear. BUT I ended 5th, which was infinily better that I had anticipated before the race.

A big thanks to the backmarkers for doing Your best, to let us through as best possible. It's a very hard track to race on and having to let people by at the same time, is not making it any easier.

S3 Rd1 5th.JPG

Last edited:

Hasnain

F1 Reserve Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P7
Was improving by 8 tenths on my 2nd lap, but binned at the exit of the last chicane.

Race - P4
Race didn't get off to a great start as I went for a move on Delaney but I couldn't pull it off. Pace wasn't great, only gained positions through others misfortunes. Went for the 1 stop, but messed up twice on the in lap which cost me about 5s. Had a nice battle with Delaney in the second stint, and evetually got past after he made a mistake at T1. Triple G had come out behind us but got past after a couple of tries. The mistakes on my in lap might've cost me P3, but the pace just really wasn't there, hopefully Catalunya can be better. Congrats to @Ashracer2011 on the win, and to the GP1 guys @TubbyPhantom and @Gareth Kirk on the podium.

Highlights:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Should I do a race report?
Why not!?
I was a mobile chicane...sorry guys if I got in the way too much
That was about the shortest racereport so far
You are NOT required to make one. But if You can’t help your self, you can or you can do a little race video, showing your highlights.
Btw you were no chicane to me.