AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 3 - X-MAS CUP 1st. round Gr.4 at Mount Panorama | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 3 - X-MAS CUP 1st. round Gr.4 at Mount Panorama

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
That was about the shortest racereport so far
You are NOT required to make one. But if You can’t help your self, you can or you can do a little race video, showing your highlights.
Btw you were no chicane to me.
I’ll wait until the end of the season and do one, I had like 2 good highlights, somehow finding enough pace to tease unlapping myself and nearly wiping out my teams first driver (@Intotheobscurity) when I spun out clipping the grass at the esses under blue flags haha
I had a blast in the race anyway, Win or lose as long as I enjoy it that’s what really counts to me

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I use a Thrustmaster T80 but hopefully will get something better like a T150 or a Logitech G29 after New Years
You should deffo go for the G29 of the two. As I hear it, it’s far more stable. I do not say that because I use it

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I use a Thrustmaster T80 but hopefully will get something better like a T150 or a Logitech G29 after New Years
G29 feels good, but like anything new takes a little while to get use to, I would advise that you play around with the settings, I'd be happy to share my wheel settings for the G29 if you get stuck, they aren't anything special but to me it gives the best feeling of what the cars doing. But my no means will it give you a golden ticket to super fast laptimes as that is down to your own ability to work out how to carry speed through corners and manage car balance around each track, there are many many people faster than me though lol i'm average plus if anything lol

Fantec wheels are quite good but very pricey from what I hear, @hollowdene used a Fantec last season he maybe able to shed some light on them. Personally I've only ever used Logitech wheels (DFGT and now G29), I found in the early GT Sport that the Logitech support was quite poor but its gotten a lot better in the most recent updates to the game. The mechanics of the G29 are nearly identical to the DFGT by the way, the motor might be slightly larger but nothing crazy as the only difference I can make out is an encoder for PS4 compatibility and a few obvious aesthetic changes like the case and wheel shape/colour/materials.

Can't really comment on Thrustmaster, I nearly bought a T500 a while ago but the price put me off massively, as the Logitech wheels where far better "bang for buck" and offered nearly identical performance, T500 may have lasted longer with type of laser measuring system it has compared to the gears in a Logitech, but it would take an extremely long time to see any difference, you could by another logitech and still have saved money. Not sure about T80s heard they are alright but not sure on the ins and outs.

Last edited:

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
G29 feels good, but like anything new takes a little while to get use to, I would advise that you play around with the settings, I'd be happy to share my wheel settings for the G29 if you get stuck, they aren't anything special but to me it gives the best feeling of what the cars doing. But my no means will it give you a golden ticket to super fast laptimes as that is down to your own ability to work out how to carry speed through corners and manage car balance around each track, there are many many people faster than me though lol i'm average plus if anything lol

Fantec wheels are quite good but very pricey from what I hear, @hollowdene used a Fantec last season he maybe able to shed some light on them. Personally I've only ever used Logitech wheels (DFGT and now G29), I found in the early GT Sport that the Logitech support was quite poor but its gotten a lot better in the most recent updates to the game. The mechanics of the G29 are nearly identical to the DFGT by the way, the motor might be slightly larger but nothing crazy as the only difference I can make out is an encoder for PS4 compatibility and a few obvious aesthetic changes like the case and wheel shape/colour/materials.

Can't really comment on Thrustmaster, I nearly bought a T500 a while ago but the price put me off massively, as the Logitech wheels where far better "bang for buck" and offered nearly identical performance, T500 may have lasted longer with type of laser measuring system it has compared to the gears in a Logitech, but it would take an extremely long time to see any difference, you could by another logitech and still have saved money. Not sure about T80s heard they are alright but not sure on the ins and outs.
The T80 has no FFB and uses a Bungie cord to recenter itself, @Intotheobscurity loaned me his G29 for a couple of weeks after RDR2 released and I got really comfortable with it quickly and saw a decrease in lap times because I could feel what the car was doing through it.
I’m just hoping I can find a decent deal in the January sales

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Thanks for a great race this week, enjoyed the challenges of Mount Panorama and the super close qualifying and race! Feels nice to be back in the winning lane!
I hope a few others get that chance this season too also experience winning a race!:)
Welcome back to 'Victory Lane' Ash, you were probably well overdue a win based on last season.(y)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
making up for it this season ;)
Yeah I definitely know that Ash as your now 2 for 2, I guess your targeting the clean sweep now?

A bit off topic but I've started to work on something in GT sport, expect to see a thread appear by me in the GT sport section in the next couple days, I'll welcome any/all opinions on it.

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah I definitely know that Ash as your now 2 for 2, I guess your targeting the clean sweep now?

A bit off topic but I've started to work on something in GT sport, expect to see a thread appear by me in the GT sport section in the next couple days, I'll welcome any/all opinions on it.
No guarantees of anything, there plenty of people who could defiantly challenge for a win in the league still.... One race at a time is the way I look at it!