AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 3 - X-MAS CUP 2nd. round Gr.3 at Catalunya | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 3 - X-MAS CUP 2nd. round Gr.3 at Catalunya

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
XmasCup_r2.jpg

The Catalunya Circuit opened in September 1991, in line with the hosting of the Barcelona Olympics, and is located approximately 30km north of Barcelona, Spain. This is one of Spains leading race tracks where a variety of races including the F1 Spain Grand Prix is hosted. With a long straight and a large variety of corners, the setting of the car can greatly affect the lap times. For this reason it is often used as a test track. The braking into turn 1 from the slightly descending home straight is a great spot for overtaking.

Round 2, Catalunya

Important Links
● League Information
● League Rules & Regulations
● Calendar
● Results
● Main discussion

Event Information
  • Date: December 13th 2018
  • Lobby Opens: 7:00 PM (UK Time)
  • Event Starts: 7:45 PM (UK Time)
  • Tire Allocation: Racing Medium
  • Event Format:
    - Qualifying: 15 Minutes
    - Feature Race: 40 Minutes
    - In game rolling start

Track Map
Catalunya.png

Weather Conditions:
- Clear

In-game time-of-day:

Notices:

● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Race Room 1 (Best half in standings):
  1. @Hasnain, PSN: Ace_Hasnain_282, British, 17ms. 2:10.267
  2. @TubbyPhantom, PSN: GP1_TubbyPhantom, British, 14ms 2:10.689 RSS
  3. @Ashracer2011, PSN: ashracer2011, British 2:11.442 RSS
  4. @Gareth Kirk, PSN: GP1_TripleG, British, 17ms 2:11.798 RSS
  5. @BL99DY-NINE, PSN: BL99DY-NINE, American, 111ms, Pad 2:11.973 RSS
  6. @kamilek2424, PSN: kamilek2424, polish, 34ms. 2:12.778 RSS
  7. @ERS_Thunder, PSN: Megamunkki, Finish, 46ms 2:11.813 RSS
  8. @1.MSC, PSN: Robfisken69, Swedish, 75ms 2:13.319 RSS
  9. @Intotheobscurity, PSN: Intotheobscurity, British, 34ms

Race Room 2 (second half in standings):
  1. @Delaney, PSN: RoninGT-Delaney, Danish, 34ms, G29 2:13.1xx RSS
  2. @Jackiid15, PSN: Jackiid15, Scottish, 39ms
  3. @JaGGeD_ARC_83, PSN: JaG83D83, Canadian, 146ms
  4. @ExpritX30, PSN: ExpritX30, British, 24ms (10pp)

Resigned:
Informed no show:
Uninformed no show:
NOTE:

1 uninformed no show will have You awarded 10 penalty points

2 uninformed no show will have might have You relegated to Reserve and awarded 10 penalty points

3 Uninformed no shows will have You barred from joining future AOR GT SPORT League Races

Delaney Stream on Youtube

Qualifying result:
S3Rd2 Catalunya Qa.JPG

S3Rd2 Catalunya Qb.JPG

Race result:
S3Rd2 Catalunya FR.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashracer2011

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I Should be there. If anyone fancies a practice today or next week let us know on the forum

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Well I'll be on tonight from 20.00 CET / 7.00 p.m. GMT. Feel free to join me

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I'll be on again tonight for a bit of practise from 20.00 CET / 7.00 p.m. GMT. Feel free to join me.

dragapollo12

Pro Karter
Sep 23, 2018
I won't be able to make this round due to personal reasons, though I'll be back for Gr.2 at Fuji
Many apologies.

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I’m quite convinced that @Joenut & @GamingBear will not be joining us tonight, as they have not been here, since they signed up end November. Should that happen, We’ll all be racing in one room, as last time.

I’ll have a practise room up from 20 CET / 7 GMT

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: - 1st
Qualifying started well, I was feeling a bit slow but eventually settled into the track and put in a solid first lap of a 1.45.6 before doing some fuel burning and getting down to a 1.45.3 and a last gasp effort I managed to get over the line in time to start a final run and despite losing a bit in the first 2 sectors made up enough to improve to a 1.45.1. I was hoping to have got into the 1.44s as I did the day before in Delaney practice room where I managed a 1.44.6 but that lap came at the end of practise over an hour.

Race: 1st
The race began without much drama I saw @TubbyPhantom and @ExpritX30 having a fight for second which enabled me to pull away steadily, the main thing for me was to avoid making any silly mistakes from loosing focus which I managed to achieve by not completely wringing the neck of the car ever lap, fuel was also a important factor to look after as well which was one of the main reasons I chose to the Lexus over my preferred car which is the 911 RSR that suffers with a drinking problem. After the first stint I had a steady 8/9s lead pitted for fuel and tyres, no one seemed to try and hang out an extra lap on lap 13 which I thought about briefly as I had enough fuel but decided against the risk of it and played safe. The rest of the race was really like the first but more about bringing it home, I popped in a quick lap in the middle of the stint to secure fastest lap, but settled back in to fuel and gap saving keeping a good gap back to @TubbyPhantom who'd managed to regain P2 and was trying to make up some time on me. I kept the gap around 7s which was a nice safety net incase of a mistake or getting a silly penalty which never happened in the end. It was great to have a win at one of my favourite circuits which probably was one of the reasons I had a little more speed there ;)

Onto Fuji, I think this will be a lot closer as the track layout is more familiar to a lot of people from the previous GT games, also the cars may play some performance role to being more powerful and more difficult to handle in some respects. I'm hoping we see some more challenges for the top 5 @ExpritX30 seems very fast and I expect @Hasnain, @TubbyPhantom and @Gareth Kirk to be challenging hard for pole and victory next week!

Special thanks to @Delaney, @BL99DY-NINE and @Hasnain for there efforts putting on this Xmas League, nice variation range of cars and tracks to keep things interesting!

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P4
My best lap wasn't amazing but I don't think I would've challenged the top 3 anyway.

Race - P3
Going into T1 @Gareth Kirk behind me got slightly caught out by my braking point and ended up having to send it down my inside, which pushed me wide but he gave the position back anyway so it's all ok. Going into T4 however, I somehow messed up on the braking and went off and lost me a load of positions. Had some decent battles fighting my way through but by the time I had made my way back upto 5th, I was about 20s behind the leaders and 8s behind TripleG. For the rest of the race I was just trying to close the gap to him and with a few laps to go I had caught him. We had a good battle for a couple of laps, and in the end it took a bit of a dive to get through. After that I also got past @ExpritX30 who I think was trying to save fuel to get to the end. So in the end, P3, probably would've been the same result without going off at T4.
Congrats to @Ashracer2011 on the win and well done to @TubbyPhantom on the podium.

Highlights:

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Race Report:
Qualifying - P4
My best lap wasn't amazing but I don't think I would've challenged the top 3 anyway.

Race - P3
Going into T1 @Gareth Kirk behind me got slightly caught out by my braking point and ended up having to send it down my inside, which pushed me wide but he gave the position back anyway so it's all ok. Going into T4 however, I somehow messed up on the braking and went off and lost me a load of positions. Had some decent battles fighting my way through but by the time I had made my way back upto 5th, I was about 20s behind the leaders and 8s behind TripleG. For the rest of the race I was just trying to close the gap to him and with a few laps to go I had caught him. We had a good battle for a couple of laps, and in the end it took a bit of a dive to get through. After that I also got past @ExpritX30 who I think was trying to save fuel to get to the end. So in the end, P3, probably would've been the same result without going off at T4.
Congrats to @Ashracer2011 on the win and well done to @TubbyPhantom on the podium.

Highlights:
Great overtake from you @Hasnain and @1.MSC @6:30 on @kamilek2424, squeaky clean in a difficult corner!

Reactions: Delaney and Hasnain

TubbyPhantom

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Dec 2, 2018
My qualy was not great considering I hit a 44.9 moments before the qualifying started. Anyway I still started p2 and was confident with my race pace, I was taking the first stint easier and saving fuel but on lap 5 I saw p2 have a wobble and I went to avoid but ended up out of control on the grass! Lost myself around 4-5 seconds but I put my head down and had to use my fuel and get back on the back of p2. After he went into the pits it was just a case of trying to hunt down ashracer, but he had it covered and I had settle for 2nd. Looking forward to the next race and well done @Ashracer2011 on a great clean drive.