AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 3 - X-MAS CUP MAIN DISCUSSION | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GT SPORT LEAGUE SEASON 3 - X-MAS CUP MAIN DISCUSSION

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
XmasCup_maindiscussion.jpg

Welcome to the General Discussion thread for the Third AOR Gran Turismo Sport League Season. Here you can discuss anything you like; the league, the real-life racing, what you had for breakfast, or make some friends among like-minded league racers. Enjoy!

If you haven't already, sign up to the league here

Important Links
● League Information
● League Rules & Regulations
● Calendar

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
was wondering what time zone the times on the calendar are in . thsnks
The times that are referred to are "In Game" times. Race time is always 20.45 CET / 7.45 pm GMT

1.MSC

Pro Karter
May 23, 2018
How come everyone is opting for nissan gr.2? AOR season1 I was about the only one driving it. Did it become good? (y)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
How come everyone is opting for nissan gr.2? AOR season1 I was about the only one driving it. Did it become good? (y)
I just chose it because it was easier to paint :cool:

Hasnain

F1 Reserve Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
This isn't Xmas Cup related but there's a weekly series started on Youtube courtesy of World Finalist @Tidgney, which is the driving school, and it's based on GT Sport. I'm sure everyone will find at least something useful at some point in the series and here's the first episode:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Since all the S2 threads are locked @Delaney, I'm leaving my feedback, thoughts & suggestions for the co-ords for S3 here (yes I know its a bit late as this is starting soon but this is the first real chance I've had the time give my views lol.)

The main thing has to be no set tiers and the points system, with no set tiers Delaney in theory I think it is a great idea but in reality it will cause more headaches for drivers and the co-ords then you realise.
I just don't think that in the event you get 21+ drivers that all 21+ will then proceed to do TT's to qualify for every race, not everyone has the time also some drivers may not be able to.
Lets say hypothetically you get extra signs up that give you 21/22 or even 23 drivers just a day before a round/race, if you were to follow your rules then everyone would have to do a TT within a day, which wouldn't be realistic as not everyone would be aware/know.

If your going to look to keep this kind of system then I strongly recommend that the co-ords add a protected ranking system after the first race, simply put the top 8 in the overall standings after each round/race are exempt from having to set a TT in the event of 21+ drivers being in the league, this would mean less people having to set TT's and drivers that perform well would have some kind of reward for there position in the championship.

Either way right now it looks like you've got 16 drivers at the moment so there is a chance you will have more then 16 before round 1, personally as your only doing 4 rounds I would say simply keeping it as 1 tier would be best for all those involved, sure we all know everyone who signs up wants to race but equally there needs to be reserves to make sure races are full, like what will the co-ords do if you have 22/23 drivers and 3 of them say they are unavailable and a further 2 don't show up on the night for 1 round/race - would you still run 2 lobbies or 1?:unsure:
(I mean you only have to look at the F1 leagues and some seem to already only have 14/15 drivers or less now and that's only after the first quarter of the season, I think its a perfect example of what happens if you try to cater for all, its great in theory but you leave yourself with the potential problem of the spread of the drivers being to thin.)

With the current points system Delaney, when I look back at S2 it looks ridiculous as we only had 1 tier and the fact that the majority of drivers scored over 800 points must look very silly to other members when they compare to the other leagues on the site, (plus we probably outscored 80-90% of all current and former AOR drivers in S2), a points system like the current one your using really needs minimum 2 tiers or all 3 to be justified using it.

As to have a race winner get 80 points and last to always be guaranteed 50 makes it a bit of a mockery of earning points, it just puts a lot less emphasis on winning races and a lot more on just finishing, like someone could win the first race and then have a early dsc next race through no fault of there own, which for example would let a driver who finishes 16th first race and 15th the next be 21 points ahead of the driver who won the first race.
Which is not exactly fair in a format this short, or over the 4 races if a driver wins 3 has 1 dsc's they would lose out to a driver with four 7th place finishes
, its just not right or fair even, sure everyone wants the championship to go down to the wire with as many drivers involved as possible, but I don't think anyone would really feel like they deserved to finish ahead of someone who won 3 races with four 7th placed finishes.:(

I think all you really need to do (if you were to commit to 1 tier) Delaney is take away 50 points from all positions to have a points system like this: 30, 23, 20, 17, 15, 13, 11, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2,1
It means winning a race or finishing high up would genuinely be rewarding those drivers and give them some protection in the event they have a dsc.
(Or maybe a fairer compromise if you still want an open tier system is a 2 tier points system in the event you do actually reach 22+ drivers, as its very unlikely you'll end up with enough signups to need 3 tiers.)
P1-P16: 40, 34, 30, 27, 24, 22, 20, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10
P17-P32: 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0

Also I see theres only 4 races maybe it might be better to rename this as a mini-season (2.5) or simply call this the 'Xmas cup'.
As I've not really heard of a 4 race season before its not really long enough, if there was 2 races on the night then fair enough, but take S1 for example that was barely considered a season and that was just 6 races.

With the Teams championship maybe only include 2 driver teams in it, yeah I know some people want to create teams but they end up by themselves (if they get a teammate midseason then thats great), but theres no such thing as a 1 man team - 1 driver teams should be DQ'd from the team championship at the end of the season as far as I'm concerned.:LOL:
Like I didn't even ask to be part of the team championship and I got 4th apparently in it last season, and had the co-ords not still counted Gizmo's results (who left the league midseason) to Draga's team then @hollowdene would have won the teams championship as well lol.
Surely only including teams with 2 drivers is the right way forward for the teams championship.

Lastly I want to wish every everyone taking part in this good luck for the upcoming season(y), I see there's quite a few new drivers so my advice to them if there aim/goal is to win the championship, then based on last season the main drivers you'll need to beat to have a chance will be:
@Ashracer2011 - Don't let his results from last season deceive you as he didn't win a race, with out racing the equivalent of the worst fuel guzzling SUV from America, Ash would have won at least 3 or 4 races, as he's normally extremely fast in general.
@Hasnain - For me overall probably the most rounded racer from last season, (only normally beaten by a slightly quicker driver or by my better fuel mileage;)) he is not just very quick in qualy and consistently for the whole race but very rarely make mistakes as well, that combination over an hour race could make him the driver to beat.:eek:
@dragapollo12 - In general was a tad slower then Ash & Hasnain (plus myself & h'dene) but can at times be on the pace of the front runners, same thing like Ash suffered from a fuel guzzling car plus without having a couple incidents which were no fault of his own, he would have likely had won 2 or 3 races last season.:)

Last edited:

BL99DY-NINE

Formula 4 2nd Driver
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Umm... We (the co-ords) goofed.

It was decided a few days after opening the Xmas Cup for sign ups to shorten the races from 60 minutes to 40 minutes.
We apologize for our lack of communication and any confusion this has caused.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
No I'm not Ash, putting my feet up for the Xmas period also I don't know if I'll be free whenever the next season starts just have to wait and see I guess.

Also I wonder whats happened to our current champion he's been pretty quiet since the end of last season.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
No I'm not Ash, putting my feet up for the Xmas period also I don't know if I'll be free whenever the next season starts just have to wait and see I guess.

Also I wonder whats happened to our current champion he's been pretty quiet since the end of last season.
Hollowdene was last on Monday, so he’s gone extinct yet. And he’s seen this thread, so......

hollowdene

Pro Karter
May 7, 2018
Hollowdene was last on Monday, so he’s gone extinct yet. And he’s seen this thread, so......
Yeah, wasn't sure I'd be able to do much of the Christmas Cup. Maybe, if there's space, I might try and join you guys for the final round on the 27th.

I'm currently working on learning the new Assetto Corsa for when it comes out of Early Access, so haven't played much GT Sport since the end of the season, but still want to stay involved in future seasons. I reckon it'll be the only racing I'll do in GT Sport for the foreseeable future. Really enjoyed last season. :)

Last edited:

SEAN-GBR

Pro Karter
May 14, 2018
ive got a temp parcel delivery job until Christmas so I cant be bothered getting on the wheel after 11/12 hours of driving vans but I will try and give le mans a go at the end of the month if there is a free space.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Yeah, wasn't sure I'd be able to do much of the Christmas Cup. Maybe, if there's space, I might try and join you guys for the final round on the 27th.

I'm currently working on learning the new Assetto Corsa for when it comes out of Early Access, so haven't played much GT Sport since the end of the season, but still want to stay involved in future seasons. I reckon it'll be the only racing I'll do in GT Sport for the foreseeable future. Really enjoyed last season. :)
ive got a temp parcel delivery job until Christmas so I cant be bothered getting on the wheel after 11/12 hours of driving vans but I will try and give le mans a go at the end of the month if there is a free space.
Hi guy’s. sign up and do the TT at Mount Panorama, so that We can place You in the right group and We’ll see.

BL99DY-NINE

Formula 4 2nd Driver
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
for anyone who practices against the Mobile Chicane Generator (MCG aka the AI) it looks like PD have lowered the re-fuel rate. A lot. My total pit delta @ Catalunya was around 1min 45 secs. I did a test in an online lobby and everything looks 'normal' but one never can tell (especially with PD's lack of communication on just about everything)

Jan 14, 2014
for anyone who practices against the Mobile Chicane Generator (MCG aka the AI) it looks like PD have lowered the re-fuel rate. A lot. My total pit delta @ Catalunya was around 1min 45 secs. I did a test in an online lobby and everything looks 'normal' but one never can tell (especially with PD's lack of communication on just about everything)
Have to agree about the lack of communication from PD, they seem to make these changes to cars and background settings without much information or supporting data to the public...... 1 min 45 seconds seems like a long time!! I think the actual lap times of the track aren't far off, if fuel is that slow might be a long ass pit stop for us all

1.MSC

Pro Karter
May 23, 2018
I did a lobby race there before last update. it was really slow then too