PS4 - AOR GT Sport League Season 4 - Gr.4 (GT4) - MAIN DISCUSSION | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT Sport League Season 4 - Gr.4 (GT4) - MAIN DISCUSSION

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
GTS_GR4_MainDiscussion.jpg

Welcome to the General Discussion thread for the Fourth AOR Gran Turismo Sport League Season. Here you can discuss anything you like; the league, the real-life racing, what you had for breakfast, or make some friends among like-minded league racers. Enjoy!

If you haven't already, sign up to the league here

Important Links
● League Information
● League Rules & Regulations
● Calendar

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Firstly just going to tag Mr @Browneskiii for this since I recall he was interested in racing a Gr.4 season after Season 1.

Ok I was just reading through the league info and like always I have a few suggestions for the co-ords to consider. (@Delaney, @BL99DY-NINE & @Hasnain)

Now the main thing that I think has to be addressed in some way is the drop week and Round 8, because as it stands if you race and finish all 7 rounds (that's 14 races) then based on the drop week rules round 8 would automatically for that driver becomes there drop week simply because they will not score more points in that 1 race then the 2 in any other round.

If your going to do one race for the round 8, then that race has to be double points to make the sure the drop week rule isn't pointless.

As for points surely its time for the current system to be tweaked as the last 2 seasons have not had more then 1 lobby, and seeing someone who finishes last get 52/53 points to the winners 80 surely isn't right or fair and makes a mockery of the league, its rewarding simply turning up rather then actually earning those points.

But as I said in the past the current open tier concept is good but the points system isn't, obviously signs up are ongoing but surely the best thing to do is to keep the open tiers, however drop to a 2 tier points system instead and change the points slightly so that if it is just one tier again, it would put more emphasis on finishing in the higher positions instead of just finishing.

And to follow this up my suggestion for a change to 2 tiers for points:
(1st-16th)
50, 43, 40, 37, 34, 31, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15
(17th-32nd)
20, 18, 16, 14 ,12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0

This points system is a fairer compromise and does readdress the current imbalance between finishing and reward.
(and bearing in mind if you were to do double points for the one race round 8, then using that points system above, the winner would get a nice round 100 points for that race)

Ok I'd like to mention the start procedures for the feature and sprint, surely it would be best to swap these around, (so standing start feature, rolling start sprint instead) or change the sprint to a rolling start as well, as the point of the sprint race is to give the drivers who had a poor feature a chance to get a good finish in the sprint, if its a standing start then not only are they not being given much of an advantage over the faster drivers, there's also the risk of a big first corner incident due to the different braking points between the drivers throughout the sprint grid, I think there would be less chance of this happening in the feature as the fastest drivers will be at the front.

Lastly I would like to suggest we race the 24hr nurburgring circuit instead of just the nordschleife, the opening corners/sector of the nordschleife is pretty fast and tight and if one of the leaders makes a mistake there, it could cause a massive pile up as the field wouldn't have had a chance to spread out a bit, as I said if we start with the proper circuit then things will hopefully spread out a bit before everyone goes into the nordschleife circuit.

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
As always you have some very good points. I don’t have the time to answer them right now, but I’ll get back to you one of the next days, to give a proper answer.

Reactions: Ashracer2011

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
I would of liked this League, and nice to see the GT leagues are getting the attention and commitment from the guys running it. (y)
So why haven't I signed up yet.

1- STILL NO option to TURN OFF - Names above cars. A name tag filling the screen is too arcady, and is very off putting if you use Cockpit view. Like myself . (BASIC)!

2- Commitment from members . Noticed from previous Results & Tables. These League's arent the best attended. And seems more of a Fun League , rather than a competitive one . Nobody wants to race with a depleted Grid ! After hours of prep & Practice for a race.

Keep up the Excellent work @Delaney & Other GT Cods . Hope the game has some simple needy changes , so I can commit myself to a season with you wonderful guys.;)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I would of liked this League, and nice to see the GT leagues are getting the attention and commitment from the guys running it. (y)

1- STILL NO option to TURN OFF - Names above cars. A name tag filling the screen is too arcady, and is very off putting if you use Cockpit view. Like myself . (BASIC)!

2- Commitment from members . Noticed from previous Results & Tables. These League's arent the best attended. And seems more of a Fun League , rather than a competitive one . Nobody wants to race with a depleted Grid ! After hours of prep & Practice for a race.

Keep up the Excellent work @Delaney & Other GT Cods . Hope the game has some simple needy changes , so I can commit myself to a season with you wonderful guys.;)
1) I don't know how it work (I haven't tested it yet) but You can choose to hide driver names, by going into driving options - detailed settings - show drivers list and choose hide driver names.

2) From What I've seen so far, in the league's that I've driving in so far, people trend to finish what they start, the highest tier they are in and the better they perform, compared to the other drivers in that same league. Maybe because it more fun to win than to loose. The more people We get signed up, the highest the possibility that We have 2 or more race rooms.

Reactions: FOGGY #7

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Unfortunately, I've gotten VR since season 1 and going from VR to non VR is similar to wheel to pad, so I'll stay out of this. I do think that the racing will be better than ever as its slower and easier cars, though.

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014

still getting 13/14 drivers regularly which is more than can be said for a lot of leagues, tbf I think Delaney, Bl99dy and Hasain are doing a pretty brilliant job to rebuilding and bring the leagues back from the dead state they were in before they took over.

@Delaney what do you think of the idea of an overall "Driver Ranking", this was something that was in place many many years ago, only active drivers can be on the list and its updated either seasonally or every half season. It adds in a little pride element for guys to compete over multiple seasons, basic principles are it could be calculated from season results adding up positions finished in for example, could be integrated into a google docs page

Last edited:
Reactions: Chechum and Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016

I feel the need to address your 2nd point Fogarty, I can't speak for everyone but to say this is more of a 'Fun League then a competitive one' is doing a massive disservice to myself and others who have been racing, my from experience in Season 2 it was unbelievable how competitive it was at front (and also the midfield).
Sure the amount of wins me and @hollowdene racked up in S2 would make it seem like it was just a 2 horse race and we were running away with it, but we had to drive are arses off in terms of actual race pace as there were 4 drivers capable of winning the feature races and a further 2 drivers in the sprint, however due to certain circumstances more drivers didn't win races that season.
(I suggest you go have a look through the season 2 race threads if you would like to know why, as races results alone don't give the whole picture)

Anyway from what I saw at the recent Xmas cup it was as competitive from the front to the midfield, with 3 main contenders and a bunch of 5/6 drivers pretty close to each other.

As for not full lobbies yeah I think halfway in Season 1 onwards theres been quite a fair bit of driver turnover throughout the seasons but its no different to any other league on the site, of course we all want to race in 15/16 driver races but for some people circumstances change.
I mean I'm fully intending to race this season but theres always the chance my circumstances could change due to reasons x,y & z happening in my life meaning I might have to miss races or leave the league, but with the open tier system currently being used it means that, lets say for example 21 drivers sign up for the season but 5 drivers for whatever reason are unable to race one night, it means you would have 1 full 16 driver lobby all racing together and there all in the same championship.

At the end of the day I can't promise you that we will have 15/16 driver lobbies every round but honestly Fogarty I don't think you will find a better time or opportunity to race in a GT Sport league in AOR as of right now, not only is the league format solid but theres a good core group of fair fast drivers and most importantly we're probably one of the cleanest leagues in AOR history, I've just looked at the stewards panel and over 3 seasons theres only been 13 incidents logged.

S1 saw 1 incident, S3 also saw just 1 incident, the other 11 were in S2 - 10 happened in the first 2 rounds (with 7 of them done by one driver) after that there was just one more and that was for a pen removal.

Its up to you, but I hope to see you on the grid for Kyoto Yamagiwa on the 10th of Jan.:)

(Oh yeah I'll do my sign up after the new year co-ords)

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
@Delaney what do you think of the idea of an overall "Driver Ranking", this was something that was in place many many years ago, only active drivers can be on the list and its updated either seasonally or every half season. It adds in a little pride element for guys to compete over multiple seasons, basic principles are it could be calculated from season results adding up positions finished in for example, could be integrated into a google docs page[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the kind words from you and @Wobbuffet

We’re striving hard to make GT racing great again at AOR.

As for the idea of Driver Rating, I’ve working on something for a while and I hope to be able to show soon.

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@Delaney what do you think of the idea of an overall "Driver Ranking", this was something that was in place many many years ago, only active drivers can be on the list and its updated either seasonally or every half season. It adds in a little pride element for guys to compete over multiple seasons, basic principles are it could be calculated from season results adding up positions finished in for example, could be integrated into a google docs page
Thanks for all the kind words from you and @Wobbuffet

We’re striving hard to make GT racing great again at AOR.

As for the idea of Driver Rating, I’ve working on something for a while and I hope to be able to show soon.[/QUOTE]

always ahead of the game :cool:(y)

we could change the lyrics to "Delaney" in the Mika Häkkinen song ;)

Reactions: Hasnain

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
1) I don't know how it work (I haven't tested it yet) but You can choose to hide driver names, by going into driving options - detailed settings - show drivers list and choose hide driver names.
@Delaney @C-FOGARTY
Drivers Options -> Show Drivers List only affects the ranking board on the left side of the screen and the only option you have is whether to show the Car Model or the Driver Names in the ranking board. Otherwise there is no way to affect the name above the car.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
@Delaney @C-FOGARTY
Drivers Options -> Show Drivers List only affects the ranking board on the left side of the screen and the only option you have is whether to show the Car Model or the Driver Names in the ranking board. Otherwise there is no way to affect the name above the car.
Yeah I figured that out last night. Crap

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
I'll be setting a practise room up in a few minutes

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
@Delaney @C-FOGARTY
Oh well :rolleyes: Nevermind ! Back to my Livery editor then :LOL::love: Cant believe there is no option for this , Nooo! . Its pritty basic for a Racer . GT6 You could . But that's PD for you & Sony Franchise games . I wiil keep an eye out for any fixes for this or any Glitches . Cheers !(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Oh well :rolleyes: Nevermind ! Back to my Livery editor then :LOL::love: Cant believe there is no option for this , Nooo! . Its pritty basic for a Racer . GT6 You could . But that's PD for you & Sony Franchise games . I wiil keep an eye out for any fixes for this or any Glitches . Cheers !(y)
I know Your used to driving with “in car view”, I did too, when I was at PC2. But this view in GT is not anywhere as good as the PC2’s. I’m pretty sure all of us is using the bumper view or hood view. You should try it and I’m sure names will not bother You anymore.

Reactions: FOGGY #7

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Firstly just going to tag Mr @Browneskiii for this since I recall he was interested in racing a Gr.4 season after Season 1.

Ok I was just reading through the league info and like always I have a few suggestions for the co-ords to consider. (@Delaney, @BL99DY-NINE & @Hasnain)

Now the main thing that I think has to be addressed in some way is the drop week and Round 8, because as it stands if you race and finish all 7 rounds (that's 14 races) then based on the drop week rules round 8 would automatically for that driver becomes there drop week simply because they will not score more points in that 1 race then the 2 in any other round.

If your going to do one race for the round 8, then that race has to be double points to make the sure the drop week rule isn't pointless.

As for points surely its time for the current system to be tweaked as the last 2 seasons have not had more then 1 lobby, and seeing someone who finishes last get 52/53 points to the winners 80 surely isn't right or fair and makes a mockery of the league, its rewarding simply turning up rather then actually earning those points.

But as I said in the past the current open tier concept is good but the points system isn't, obviously signs up are ongoing but surely the best thing to do is to keep the open tiers, however drop to a 2 tier points system instead and change the points slightly so that if it is just one tier again, it would put more emphasis on finishing in the higher positions instead of just finishing.

And to follow this up my suggestion for a change to 2 tiers for points:
(1st-16th)
50, 43, 40, 37, 34, 31, 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15
(17th-32nd)
20, 18, 16, 14 ,12, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0

This points system is a fairer compromise and does readdress the current imbalance between finishing and reward.
(and bearing in mind if you were to do double points for the one race round 8, then using that points system above, the winner would get a nice round 100 points for that race)

Ok I'd like to mention the start procedures for the feature and sprint, surely it would be best to swap these around, (so standing start feature, rolling start sprint instead) or change the sprint to a rolling start as well, as the point of the sprint race is to give the drivers who had a poor feature a chance to get a good finish in the sprint, if its a standing start then not only are they not being given much of an advantage over the faster drivers, there's also the risk of a big first corner incident due to the different braking points between the drivers throughout the sprint grid, I think there would be less chance of this happening in the feature as the fastest drivers will be at the front.

Lastly I would like to suggest we race the 24hr nurburgring circuit instead of just the nordschleife, the opening corners/sector of the nordschleife is pretty fast and tight and if one of the leaders makes a mistake there, it could cause a massive pile up as the field wouldn't have had a chance to spread out a bit, as I said if we start with the proper circuit then things will hopefully spread out a bit before everyone goes into the nordschleife circuit.
OK mate, I promised You an answer for this and here We go.

Not all 8 round are up for the drop Week. Only the first seven. After round 7 the drop week will be implemented and all that has any intension of winning their tier, will need to be there.

As for doubling the points for the last race. It makes sence. We'll have a talk behind the lines and come back on this.

Regarding the current (or rather so far) one race room (not tier as people can be moved around during the series). I have had some thoughts in the direction of maybe using the second race room instead and not open race room one till We are racing in two rooms. Should We decide to do so, We'll be using the current points system though. I get Your point regarding points / finishing / winning. But first of all We want to encurage people to take part every time and actually I think that Your points system will remove some of the reward for finishing high. An other point is that this points system is how our spreadsheet is made and it will take a bit of time to change (not much I know, but still).

Points no. 1-16 (Race Room 1): 80 73 70 67 65 63 61 59 57 56 55 54 53 52 51 50
Points no. 17-32 (Race Room 2): 55 48 45 42 40 38 36 34 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25

We have talked about using the 24h version of Nürburgring, but decided to stay with the old version as We (read: I) thought that the 24h version would be to long and We still think so. I've raced a LOT of races there and We have very seldom had any pile ups. Also We will start that race with fastest first, so the danger is lower of that kind of things happening. But of cause the punishment for mistakes are higher for the frontrunners and that's how it should be.

No let's see an official sign up and TT, so that We know that You are going to be there. I have a feeling this season will not be as easy as Season 3.