PS4 - AOR GT Sport League Season 4 - Gr.4 (GT4) - ROUND 1 KYOTO YAMAGIWA II | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT Sport League Season 4 - Gr.4 (GT4) - ROUND 1 KYOTO YAMAGIWA II

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Qualified in 3rd very pleased with myself, that feeling didn't last long!!! there should be a rule about parking on the start line lol

Race 2 was stock cars dropping down the hill into the chicane wtf people

Reactions: Delaney

LukeEtheridge95

Formula Karter
Sep 29, 2018
Expected to be near the back in both races so no surprises with my pace. Took too many chances getting close to the curbs in the sprint race and that gave me a penalty, cost me one place and stopped me pushing higher up.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Q 4th, FR 6th, SR 1st

One bad mistake cost me 2nd in FR. I had ok pace, couldn't quite keep up with Robfisken, but I could build a lead on no. 3, till I did my thing with only 4 laps left. In SR I got past the commotion in the bottom chicane in one piece and then tried to hunt down Megamunkki. He made it easy by doing what I did in the Feature - Crash in last corner.

I'll try to have the results up tomorrow.

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 28, 2016
Lovely racing lads enjoyed especially the feature race.

Qualified 6th only 0.5 off pole which was very decent, race was loads of fun started om hard tires in front which gave me a different strategy, had a good battle with roger in the subaru. After the pitstops bit of a lonely race into 5th.

Sprint race a complete dissaster, had a terrible start which gave me last place instantly. After making up a few places i was able to pass the spanish ferrari for 7th but unfortunately we had a missunderstanding. He was pitting and i wasnt which made me hit the wall. Was able to bring it home in 7th with a nice last battle.

Enjoyed the racing lads, ill upload the races on youtube.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Lovely racing lads enjoyed especially the feature race.

Qualified 6th only 0.5 off pole which was very decent, race was loads of fun started om hard tires in front which gave me a different strategy, had a good battle with roger in the subaru. After the pitstops bit of a lonely race into 5th.

Sprint race a complete dissaster, had a terrible start which gave me last place instantly. After making up a few places i was able to pass the spanish ferrari for 7th but unfortunately we had a missunderstanding. He was pitting and i wasnt which made me hit the wall. Was able to bring it home in 7th with a nice last battle.

Enjoyed the racing lads, ill upload the races on youtube.
Please put a link to it here

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Mixed feelings after that tonight despite winning the sprint, the dsc in the feature has well and truly put me on the back foot now, its likely or acutally I hope that this round will be my drop week now.

I was genuinely surprised after dsc'ing in the feature to discover the feature race still going, despite it appearing on my screen that Hasnain and all of us got dsc'd from the lobby. As for the lag issues I was apparently suffering in the feature I can only apologise to those who encountered it, I hope it didn't affect your races.
(For those who saved there replay for the sprint in room 1, as I did reset my router it would be appreciated if you could just check to see if I was lagging in the sprint as well and let me know here, as I assume the replay does record lag as it happened.:unsure:)

But what I did notice in the lobby selection area when I was re-joining, was that in the host connection it stated Hasnain had just 2 bars for me (orange) and @Delaney had 4 bars (green), now I have talked with Hasnain and I will be testing out my connection to his on different occasions over the coming week to find out whether this was a one off or if it is indeed are connections not gelling.

Hopefully tonight was just a one off, but if me joining Hasnain lobbies will make me apparently lag badly for everyone else then there needs to be some kind of plan B for me, as it wouldn't be fair for the drivers in room 1 to have to put up with lag like that, and on the flipside I don't think it would be fair on me to have to give up my league spot for something that is potentially out of my hands.
However I don't think room 2 is a fair option either, just due to the difference in pace I would have to everyone else, though I feel it is worth pointing out that I didn't have any lag issues in Season 2 while racing in rooms delaney was hosting. (well no one mentioned me lagging that season)

@Wobbuffet do i need to add you as a friend as well?
No, its not necessary.

Last edited:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Temporary results are up - Still missing a few minor things

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
That'll likely be my reaction right at the end of qualifying, when I put in what is a perfect lap for me and then 5 seconds later Ash goes half a second quicker.:rolleyes::p

I thought about doing that, then I thought it would be more painful if I was only a couple of hundreds in-front of you instead :LOL::p Unfortunately qualifying didn't go as smoothly as I wanted but still managed to get it on Pole :sneaky:

Qualifying: P1
40 Min - Feature Race Result: P1

Feature race didn't carry much excitement for me early on, I had a small gap to Shadow_Sylar, which gradually started to increase. As the race went on everyone pitted a lap before me, I decided to go a further 2 laps to stretch out the stint, after the pitstop I came out neck and neck with @Wobbuffet (Shadow) having taken on a bit more extra fuel, luckily I was able to stay glued to his bumper and passed him on the next lap, after which he seemed to disconnect :eek: , the rest of the race was a bit lonely out front I could see that @Gareth Kirk and @TubbyPhantom were fighting for P2, 3 and 4 with @Hasnain, which looked an entertaining fight! After the second pitstop things settled down I found my rhythm and just focused on keeping my average speed up, not taking any risks on dangerous kerbs or corners and most importantly to not lose concentration :LOL:

20 Mins - Reverse Grid Sprint Race: P2

The Sprint Race where to start @Gareth Kirk and myself seemed to have a race long battle for P2 once we'd got through the pack, it was like fire and ice, the Jaaaaag with its super slippery body and top speed and the nimbleness of the 4C in the corners, it made for some close racing and very good race craft from @Gareth Kirk to keep me behind, I especially liked the line you used in the big right hander for perfectly blocking my exit that would of let me get alongside you down into Sector 3(y)

Video:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Ok race report time I guess.

Feature:
Qualy - 2nd, Race - DSC

Probably one of the most enjoyable qualy sessions I've ever been a part of in the league so far, I wouldn't say it was topsy-turvy but a bit mental as I think 4 drivers were on provisional pole at one point, my best lap - I manage to put together a very good solid lap but it wasn't perfect and I did leave over a couple tenths out there, it was good enough for 2nd, but I just missed out on Pole to Ash by just over 0.02.

As for the race I had to fend of Hasnain in the first lap, he got a good run up the hill and I had to brave it on the outside for the long gradual right to maintain my position and I do think he could probably had a another go at the same spot a lap later, but I guess he didn't choose too because either he knew I would be able to hold the outside again with no trouble or because I was lagging.

After that I was able pull clear of Hasnain and GP1 drivers behind and able to keep pace with Ash ahead, I was feeling pretty comfortable but then as I got towards the end of the first stint it felt like a switch was flicked as my tyres suddenly started to fall of the cliff, in 2 laps I dropped from 2 seconds behind Ash to 4.5 and more or less got caught by Hasnain and the GP1 guys behind.

I did my stop and took slightly more fuel then the drivers behind but was able to stay ahead exiting the pits, I started to once again pull away and 2 laps later Ash pitted, however I managed to just jump him and get ahead to take the lead as he was exiting the pits, I managed to fend him off for that lap but with fresher tyres he managed to get by at the hairpin next lap. (which didn't really surprise me)

Anyway I had hoped to try stick with him but he started to pull away, my attention with under half the race to go was then on pulling a gap to 3rd, but that lap all of a sudden I got dsc'd and so did everyone else according to my game.

But I found out 2 minutes later that the race was still going.:rolleyes:

Sprint: 1st
So as for the sprint due to my dsc I started on pole for the race (it felt strange I have to admit), but I knew that with Ash and the others at the back, if I got a decent start I would have a good chance of winning.
I reacted slightly late to the start but I had a good getaway and no one challenged me at T1, I managed to make hay and pull out a 2 second lead and over the next couple laps I slowly increased my lead then I noticed Triple G was upto 2nd and had Ash battling him.

I knew I had to pull a bigger gap as Ash would likely go hell for leather if I was only a few seconds ahead, and by the time Ash had got ahead of Triple G I had increased my lead to just over 4.5 seconds, that next lap Ash had managed to get my lead down to around 4 seconds, but I pitted for fresh tyres and I hadn't noticed this at the start but I was on mediums to begin with, so I went on to softs and unsurprisingly I was able to go a fair bit faster.

Ash who stayed out was only a couple seconds ahead and I pretty much caught him by the end of the lap, he then pitted and I took back the lead, I then increased my lead over the next couple laps to Triple G and with a 8 second gap to him I knew all I had to do with just 3 laps left was do solid mistake free laps which I did, I ended up winning the race 6 seconds ahead of Ash - job done.

Looking back at the races, I can't help but feel frustrated as the dsc probably robbed me of 2nd, sure I'm happy I won the sprint but from a championship perspective I would have preferred to taken a couple podiums instead.

Anyway I have to say congrats to @Ashracer2011 on a great feature win performance and sprint podium, and well done to @TubbyPhantom, @Hasnain & @Gareth Kirk on there respective podiums last night.

Last edited:

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P3
The lap was a PB on mediums, so wasn't much time for me in it.

Feature Race - P3
Managed to hold position at the start. Managed to get a run on @Wobbuffet going into the long right hander but he held it around the outside. Had a similar run on the next lap but stayed behind to avoid losing time to Ash and the GP1 guys behind. After fending off @Gareth Kirk, was basically just holding position for the rest of the stint, Sylar had pulled away a bit but I had Phantom and TripleG on me the whole way. Pitted on lap 8 and was once again right behind Sylar. This time I understeered wide on the exit of the long right hander and almost lost the car, unfortunately this cost me the position to @TubbyPhantom. The rest of the stint was just a repeat of the first stint (apart from Sylar's DSC), on lap 15 I came in for my 2nd stop, it looked to me like Phantom almost forgot to pit but he made it anyway. We came out literally at the same time, and I managed to get the switchback in T1 and held it around the outside in T2 and he had some wheelspin on the exit which helped me by. We were once again basically nose to tail for the rest of the stint (I don't think the gap went above 2s) but on the penultimate lap he had a good run out of the S section and he got me into the last corner and held me off for the final lap, so in the end it was P3.

Sprint Race - P5
Had a good start off the line but was too cautious for the rest of the lap and ended up P10 by the end of sector 3. After that I was slowly making my way up and was P5 by the pitstops on lap 6. @Ashracer2011 pitted a lap later and came out alongside me, but managed to get past at T2. After he get past Phantom, it was me vs him again for the 2nd time and once again he managed to hold me off meaning I finished P5.

Results probably could've been better but nice to see I was on the pace, it's shaping up to be a good season. Shoutout to @TubbyPhantom who I was battling for most of the races, he drove clean and fair (probably left too much room at times), really enjoyed the battles. Congrats to @Ashracer2011 and @Wobbuffet on their wins and @Gareth Kirk and @TubbyPhantom on their podiums. Hopefully will have the hosting issues sorted by next week.

Highlights

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Race Report:
Qualifying - P3
The lap was a PB on mediums, so wasn't much time for me in it.

Feature Race - P3
Managed to hold position at the start. Managed to get a run on @Wobbuffet going into the long right hander but he held it around the outside. Had a similar run on the next lap but stayed behind to avoid losing time to Ash and the GP1 guys behind. After fending off @Gareth Kirk, was basically just holding position for the rest of the stint, Sylar had pulled away a bit but I had Phantom and TripleG on me the whole way. Pitted on lap 8 and was once again right behind Sylar. This time I understeered wide on the exit of the long right hander and almost lost the car, unfortunately this cost me the position to @TubbyPhantom. The rest of the stint was just a repeat of the first stint (apart from Sylar's DSC), on lap 15 I came in for my 2nd stop, it looked to me like Phantom almost forgot to pit but he made it anyway. We came out literally at the same time, and I managed to get the switchback in T1 and held it around the outside in T2 and he had some wheelspin on the exit which helped me by. We were once again basically nose to tail for the rest of the stint (I don't think the gap went above 2s) but on the penultimate lap he had a good run out of the S section and he got me into the last corner and held me off for the final lap, so in the end it was P3.

Sprint Race - P5
Had a good start off the line but was too cautious for the rest of the lap and ended up P10 by the end of sector 3. After that I was slowly making my way up and was P5 by the pitstops on lap 6. @Ashracer2011 pitted a lap later and came out alongside me, but managed to get past at T2. After he get past Phantom, it was me vs him again for the 2nd time and once again he managed to hold me off meaning I finished P5.

Results probably could've been better but nice to see I was on the pace, it's shaping up to be a good season. Shoutout to @TubbyPhantom who I was battling for most of the races, he drove clean and fair (probably left too much room at times), really enjoyed the battles. Congrats to @Ashracer2011 and @Wobbuffet on their wins and @Gareth Kirk and @TubbyPhantom on their podiums. Hopefully will have the hosting issues sorted by next week.

Highlights

Wobbuffet's lag good example in your video, @Hasnain if we need to change hosts I can host the room if required, but lets see how next week goes first

Reactions: Delaney and Hasnain

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Ok race report time I guess.

Feature:
Qualy - 2nd, Race - DSC

I knew I had to pull a bigger gap as Ash would likely go hell for leather if I was only a few seconds ahead, and by the time Ash had got ahead of Triple G I had increased my lead to just over 4.5 seconds, that next lap Ash had managed to get my lead down to around 4 seconds, but I pitted for fresh tyres and I hadn't noticed this at the start but I was on mediums to begin with, so I went on to softs and unsurprisingly I was able to go a fair bit faster.

Ash who stayed out was only a couple seconds ahead and I pretty much caught him by the end of the lap, he then pitted and I took back the lead, I then increased my lead over the next couple laps to Triple G and with a 8 second gap to him I knew all I had to do with just 3 laps left was do solid mistake free laps which I did, I ended up winning the race 6 seconds ahead of Ash - job done.

Looking back at the races, I can't help but feel frustrated as the dsc probably robbed me of 2nd, sure I'm happy I won the sprint but from a championship perspective I would have preferred to taken a couple podiums instead.

Anyway I have to say congrats to @Ashracer2011 on a great feature win performance and sprint podium, and well done to @TubbyPhantom, @Hasnain & @Gareth Kirk on there respective podiums last night.
Easy when you've got a head start by 9 cars and don't have to overtake anyone :ROFLMAO: But I had a good enjoyable race battling @Gareth Kirk and @TubbyPhantom, which is what racing's all about, rather than just sailing off into the distance alone. :coffee::giggle:

Last edited:

TubbyPhantom

Formula 4 1st Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
Feature race, Qualy 5th race 2nd. I wasn't happy with my qualification as I really just couldn't pull the lap together and was way off what I can do, I don't think pole was on the cards but felt I should have been closer. The race was pretty much going how I expected it to, I knew the 4c had lap time on @garethkirk, and myself so we opted for a restricted approach, rather than flog the tyres and be 0.5-1.0 sec per lap quicker and suffering the tyre, we decided it was better to save the tyres and keep a better average time. The lap time delta was near enough what I wanted to keep it at, and planned my big push for the last 3-4 laps, but somehow something went wrong and I seemed to use my fuel more than I had done all week, which meant I had to pit a lap earlier than I wanted on the second stint, it kind of put me where I didn't want to be, and I had to go an extra lap on the tyres for the last stint than I wanted. But I was watching @Hasnain like a hawk and it was hard to be patient but in the end I planned my attack at the right time and it paid off, we had a great battle on the last lap and was clean and fun and I managed to hold my line at the final corner and get the second podium position. The sprint race was pretty hard for me as on the start I could see everyone be very cautious and I didn't want to force any moves on anyone, and when I did get up the inside of @BL99DY-NINE on the uphill right hander I noticed he went wide and on the grass, I didn't think we touched but I wasn't 100%sure so decided to hold back and let him back through just in case. As I turns out we weren't close to touching but hey, that's the way I like to be if I feel I have done something bad. After that I had no real pace and couldn't get my mind into fast mode, so had to be defence mode again with @Hasnain, we had another fun battle and maybe I did leave a little too much room sometimes but being new to league racing I don't want to ruffle too many feathers! That comes next season! Anyway managed to keep him behind and bought home a 4th position, so not a bad start to the campaign. Congratulations to @Ashracer2011 @Wobbuffet @Gareth Kirk and @Hasnain for great drives and podiums.