PS4 - AOR GT Sport League Season 4 - Gr.4 (GT4) - ROUND 1 KYOTO YAMAGIWA II | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT Sport League Season 4 - Gr.4 (GT4) - ROUND 1 KYOTO YAMAGIWA II

Chechum

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 13, 2018
Qualy
My lap time was as expected, satisfied with it and also with the position (P7).

Race 1
I lost the 7th place in the straight line soon because I accelerated too late in the acceleration zone, a mistake of a noob :cautious: I had previously taken part in 2 races of AOR with Assetto and I think I mistook the same way, I hope I've learnt now.
While taking the second curve, my car received a touch which unbalanced my car and @LukeEtheridge95 took advantage of it. Hopefully, I could overtake him in the fast consecutive curves of sector 3 but watching the replay my movement didn't seem to be clean. I think he had a little mistake because after the first curve I got too close to thim, I had slowed down in the correct point and my trajectory was good. I tried to avoid the contact but I touched him a bit. I thought it hadn't been enough to force his mistake later, but watching the replay I'm afraid I had more responsability than what I thought. I should have given him back the position. Sorry :cry: You have every right to claim.
After that, @Martynvr and @Rodgerzzz were too far. My pace wasn't my best, I lost tenths in the second and the last turns. I managed to hold my position with @BL99DY-NINE .

Race 2
Great start for me. The driver in P2 started slowly but I could avoid him. Then, in the next two curves I gained another position with @Rodgerzzz in parallel. I keep P2 the next 2 laps until @Ashracer2011 was behind me. In the last curve of sector 1, he went to my right and I went too wide to my left to give him space. Another driver overtook me in that action, I didn't calculate well enough. I have to get used to the right mirror of my Ferrari in the cockpit view.
This was the beginning of a disaster, as two more drivers would overtake me later on. I let my teammate @Hasnain overtake me, because it made no sense to resist and made us waste time. He was >=1 second faster.
The disaster will continue after a misunderstanding with @Martynvr. I was 1-2 tenths in front of him in the last curve before my pit stop, went not too wide to enter boxes but Martyn thought I would not enter. We were in parallel meanwhile I tried to go to boxes. I thought he would enter pit too but suddenly turned left and I couldn't enter. I spent one more lap (7th lap) with soft tyres, l lost important time in relation to @Rodgerzzz. I was confident that I could fight with him, I think we had similar paces in race 2. After boxes, I almost did a spin and @Martynvr reduced the distance. We fought some laps but finally he achieved P7.

Mediocre pace in both races, not bad for me but not the best I could do. Besides that, I didn't like the touch with @LukeEtheridge95. Sorrya gain. The 5 top drivers drove amazingly (y)(y) I think I was 1-1.5 seconds slower moreless, so nothing to fight there. However, I think I should have been closer to @Martynvr and @Rodgerzzz, especially with the last one. Martyn seemed to be a bit faster, especially in the curves where I lost most in relation to you all: the 2nd turn and the last turn. I'm a bit busy these days but I'll try to make a video with the highlights of my races, actually your highlights because most of you overtook me :mad::LOL: I'm a bit disappointed with my current level with respect to the rest of drivers, but on the other hand I'm very glad to be racing against so many excellent drivers!! That will help me improving, no doubt about it :cool: And also I will improve my English, especially in verbs and expressions about racing haha
See you on Brands Hatch if I'm not wrong. I guess you know this track by heart haha but I'll try to make it difficult to you. Have a nice weekend mates!

Last edited:

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I think we have an issue with the games penalty system, you can scrub the penalties at lot of tracks just by driving around at racing speed and the game will knock off some of the penalty at some corners every lap. Also people scrub off penalties at the finish line at the race end, that would be fine but I think the game takes into account the time lost as you accelerate up to racing speed again which is negated by scrubbing it at the finish line. I realised this because I was behind the car in front by a lesser margin than his penalty coming onto the start finish straight but he still beat me (by a tiny margin) even though it should have been by over 3 seconds (if no scrubbing had occurred).

I am not blaming the driver as there are no written rules for this kind of thing, but I feel it's fundamentally unfair unless we decide that all shortcut penalties given by the game are rubbish. In which case we should turn the penalty system 'off' instead of 'Strong' as we currently have it.

Let's discuss it or @Delaney have me move this somewhere like the stewards thread or what is appropriate.

LukeEtheridge95

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 29, 2018
While taking the second curve, my car received a touch which unbalanced my car and @LukeEtheridge95 took advantage of it. Hopefully, I could overtake him in the fast consecutive curves of sector 3 but watching the replay my movement didn't seem to be clean. I think he had a little mistake because after the first curve I got too close to thim, I had slowed down in the correct point and my trajectory was good. I tried to avoid the contact but I touched him a bit. I thought it hadn't been enough to force his mistake later, but watching the replay I'm afraid I had more responsability than what I thought. I should have given him back the position. Sorry :cry: You have every right to claim.
Had a quick look at the replay, was definitely me losing it on my own, maybe some mild desync because there was minimal contact on my screen. Hopefully we’ll have some more close battles next time! (y)

Ashracer2011

F1 Multiple Champion
Jan 14, 2014
I think we have an issue with the games penalty system, you can scrub the penalties at lot of tracks just by driving around at racing speed and the game will knock off some of the penalty at some corners every lap. Also people scrub off penalties at the finish line at the race end, that would be fine but I think the game takes into account the time lost as you accelerate up to racing speed again which is negated by scrubbing it at the finish line. I realised this because I was behind the car in front by a lesser margin than his penalty coming onto the start finish straight but he still beat me (by a tiny margin) even though it should have been by over 3 seconds (if no scrubbing had occurred).

I am not blaming the driver as there are no written rules for this kind of thing, but I feel it's fundamentally unfair unless we decide that all shortcut penalties given by the game are rubbish. In which case we should turn the penalty system 'off' instead of 'Strong' as we currently have it.

Let's discuss it or @Delaney have me move this somewhere like the stewards thread or what is appropriate.

I agree that the penalty system in the game is less than perfect, it has improved significantly since they've made updates recently. Unfortunate it was at such an extreme level in previous season that you'd get a 5 second penalty for being next to a car sometimes, or a love tap and often the driver who made no mistake came off worst.

You defiantly lose time having a penalty applied, granted you can lift in some corners at some tracks and reduce the penalty a small amount each time, however penalties such as hitting a wall cost you significant time just having the incident and usually you'll get a lovely penalty of a few seconds to follow, so making anyone suffer more pain won't fix anything.

If a driver is blatantly breaking the rules by doing it to gain an advantage i.e stay in position or gain time, both unlikely as the time penalty also invalidates your lap time for the next two laps in practice/qualifying so you gain absolutely nothing from that.

Theirs no way to make people keep the penalties, the games design is to give people the pain of a penalty for the infringement but not to ruin there race by completely disqualifying them, it also changes the rate at which the penalty is discharged so if you brake hard on a straight your penalty will reduce faster, in most corners the game generally doesn't allow you to get rid of the penalties. The FIA championships have a new "Penalty Zone" but the practicality of this in a league race is lower due to the fact no one can govern the area to make sure its properly served each time.

This is all my opinion of course, however I think its luck of the draw, I try to avoid penalties like the plague and I'd image everyone else feels the same way, if someone is able to keep a position its because they were able to build a big enough gap and negate the penalty loss/ I respect others may have differing opinions and can express them but not sure how to fix the penalty system as we can't even turn it off fully in the game :cry: then comes the factor of trust that no one is taking the p*ss by cutting the circuit.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Easy when you've got a head start by 9 cars and don't have to overtake anyone :ROFLMAO: But I had a good enjoyable race battling @Gareth Kirk and @TubbyPhantom, which is what racing's all about, rather than just sailing off into the distance alone. :coffee::giggle:
:ROFLMAO: I mean what else could I do, I'm guessing if the roles were reversed you (Ash) would have simply let everyone by at the start and dropped to the back.:p

As for the penalty system, my opinion is it needs to be on regardless as you got to have some guaranteed deterrent against corner cutting/track extending, besides in that regard it polices everyone the same and we're all in the same boat.

In the opening laps of the sprint I got turn 3 wrong by turning in to early and cutting the corner a little bit, however I actually lost time as the kerbs unsettled my car and sent me wide, but I still got a 1.7 second penalty for my troubles, in the end I basically served most of it right at the end of the race.

I can however understand defiant's frustration as he thought he was going to gain a place at the end but didn't, I don't know whether it would come under gaming the system or just simple gamesmanship, but on the flipside did the guy with a 3 second penalty actually gain that much time or any real advantage at that time when he got or accumulated that time penalty,:unsure: that might be the thing to look into.

Gareth Kirk

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 2, 2015
Qualy

Went as I expected for me not a perfect lap but decent enough start getting 4th just ahead of @TubbyPhantom and behind @Hasnain. But knew wasn't gonna get near @Ashracer2011 in the 4c

Feature race

Was a decent start tried to put pressure on @Hasnain which lead me to make a mistake on the exit of the chicane in sector 2 before running up the hill which lead to poor traction and momentum as such my teammate @TubbyPhantom had better and got alongside which ment I dropped to 5th and watched both @TubbyPhantom and @Hasnain the rest of the race to the flag as I couldn't real push the tyre anymore or would of been bad news for me and with @Wobbuffet DSC was gifted 4th.
Congrats to @Ashracer2011 on the victory and @TubbyPhantom @Hasnain on there respected podiums

Sprint

Well starting 7th having the 3 that finished ahead behind me I thought right I'm going to get my teeth sunk into this so much so I got so excited to start I false started which ment I got held but luckily no one behind me got a good start(PHEWWWWW)
then after a tip toe through the pack I found myself racing @Ashracer2011 so I thought if you want it I'm gonna make you earn it haha using the strength of the jag when I could and placing my car in the right areas he wouldn't be able to use the strengths of the 4c so easily but in the end he got past with one lap to go so I thought I will try stay close and see if could get back pass on home straight but over did it and ran wide on final corner but I'm happy with the result 3rd place
Congrats @Wobbuffet on victory
Well Done ash on 2nd hope we get to race like that on track again

I have a YouTube channel with replays of the races from Xmas Cup and the first 2 races of season 4 if you want to watch GP1 TripleG

Last edited:

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Wobbufet said "I can however understand defiant's frustration as he thought he was going to gain a place at the end but didn't, I don't know whether it would come under gaming the system or just simple gamesmanship, but on the flipside did the guy with a 3 second penalty actually gain that much time or any real advantage at that time when he got or accumulated that time penalty,:unsure: that might be the thing to look into."

We will never know if the penalty he got was calculated correctly, but if we are going to use them then we need to serve them away from the finishing line or corners to serve them properly or we should just turn them off. FYI Red Bull Ring is very bad for this can scrub 2 secs a lap in corner driving normally.

Martynvr

F1 1st Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Room is up lads in case you fancy some practice around Brands. Name AOR

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Room is up lads in case you fancy some practice around Brands. Name AOR
Sorry mate, did my laps for morning earlier today. Now the schedule says vacuuming and out to buy stuf that I need and don’t have time to purchase the rest of the week.
I’ll be on tonight from 7-ish gmt / 20 cet though, if anyone fancy joining for some Brands Hatching

Defiant195

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Tonite I am on another championship race, just so happens it's Brands Hatch as well.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
We will never know if the penalty he got was calculated correctly, but if we are going to use them then we need to serve them away from the finishing line or corners to serve them properly or we should just turn them off. FYI Red Bull Ring is very bad for this can scrub 2 secs a lap in corner driving normally.
Well if watching the replay doesn't clear things up, then taking these type of pens to the stewards is the only other option I would have thought.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
A question has been raised regarding the scrubbing of time penalties just before the finish line. The Stewards have discussed the matter and our official decision is:
Time penalties awarded by the game should be served as soon as possible preferably within the next lap. As always serving a penalty needs to be done safely, away from the racing line, without blocking and/ or endangering others. If a penalty is acquired during the last lap and is not able to be served before exiting the final corner, it may NOT be served before the finish line.

This will be incorporated in the Rules and Regulations as soon as possible.