PS4 - AOR GT Sport League Season 4 - Gr.4 (GT4) - ROUND 2 BRANDS HATCH GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GT Sport League Season 4 - Gr.4 (GT4) - ROUND 2 BRANDS HATCH GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TubbyPhantom

Formula 4 1st Driver
GT Coordinator
Dec 2, 2018
My race report. Qualifying went as I expected and I started 6th on the grid. I knew I had to play the long game and wait for tyres to go off on @Martynvr and @Rodgerzzz cars as I knew they had good 1 lap pace but I knew If I was patient I would be able to attack later in the race. After the first lap which I started nice and easy but put myself in a bad position with @BL99DY-NINE attacking me but fortunately for me he had a little half spin and lost momentum so I could take my lines and save my fuel and tyres for the first stint. After my first stop I began to just put a little more speed into things and could see @Rodgerzzz slowly comjng back to me and I had a feeling he was on the medium tyre as he didn't have to same pace as the first stint. I knew i would be racing him to the finish as pace in the last practice was slightly better than mine but I knew his tyres wouldn't last, so I pushed on and eventually caught him, he made a little mistake and I went past but he pitted and got on the new tyres and blasted a good lap and when I exited the pits he was back in front. I plugged away and caught him again and managed a nice overtake in sector 3 and held him off to finish 4th. Sprint race was going good as I got a half decent start and managed to make up a position straight away, unfortunately with the bumber to bumper action with around 4-5 cars it was difficult to spot my brake marker and during an attempt at a world beating 2 car overtake at turn one I not only was way over the right side of the track near pit exit but I also missed my braking point by a small margin and locked up and into the kitty litter I went! Was dead last and only one I could see was @BL99DY-NINE after he also made a mistake at the same corner. I made time up on the drivers in front but it was only after I pitted my race really got fun, and after some nice little battles I managed to get into 7th, I then saw @Martynvr and @Wobbuffet going very slowly out of the last corner to start the final lap and I thought 5th may have been possible so I pushed and tried to put pressure on them and was hoping they would open the door for me but they kept it together enough and I got to see a spectacularly close finish between them! Looking forward to next week and hoping the next track is kinder to my jaaaaaaag! Congratulations to the podium guys @Ashracer2011 @Hasnain @Wobbuffet and @1.MSC.

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Qualifying: 1st
Almost the only thing that didn't go perfectly as my first lap started with a small spin after clipping the grass, I started on mediums anticipating I might have a chance at pole on the slower tyre depending on the pace of the rest of the grid, knowing I'd previously managed 1.28.5s on mediums, however @Hasnain came out and dropped in a high 1.28 which I was able to get close to with a 1.29.0 on mediums, but I decided to play safe as I new the delta time between softs was a lot more and to secure pole I'd have to be in the low 1.28s or 1.27s. In the end I was able to put in a couple of good laps that got me to a 1.27.8, my final lap I was 0.5 up heading into the final corner and made a small error trying to maximise the exit which caused me to lose all that time. In the end Pole was the goal and I managed to deliver!

Feature Race: 1st
Starting the race on mediums was a bit of a surprise but actually worked out well, I knew @Hasnain would be on my tail for the first 5 laps due to his soft tyres having more grip, however I managed to keep in-front and pull a steady gap until his tyre wear started to affect his pace and I knew from that point on I was safe from him in the first stint. I pushed my first stop a little longer and could of gone to a 1 stop, but that would of meant coming out in traffic possibly losing more time. So sticking to a 2 stop with shorter final stints meant being able to use the tyre performance and minimise the loss due to tyre deg. After a close call with @Hasnain exiting the pits I was on cold tyres just waiting for them to bed in a bit more, so no risk required I was able to get back past, knowing my pace was better through the corners within the next couple of laps in the same place I was passed after exiting the pits, the rest of the race was about keeping a gap for safety and maintaining a steady speed to keep concentration levels high. Well Done to @Wobbuffet and @Hasnain for completing the podium!

Sprint Race: 1st
Dubbed the "crazy race" this was exactly that! The narrow track helped to keep overtaking difficult but not impossible, plenty of opportunistic moves were had by all drivers and I must say I was very impressed with the high skill and precision everyone drove with, there were no incidents from crazy overtakes / incidents, everyone drove with brilliance! A great result for the teams championship for FK Mässimo Racing with an excellent result from @1.MSC (Rob) for a first double podium for the team! Also congrats to @Hasnain for also completing the podium again!

Overall the dominance of the Alfa was evident around the tight and twisty corners of Brands Hatch, its still unclear if on a track with long straights the Alfa's slow top speed will perform to the same levels but the next race at Tail of the Dragon II will be the biggest test yet.

How to celebrate a perfect weekend of Pole, Race 1 Win, and Sprint Race Win, Fastest Lap in both races ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How to open your bottles at midnight <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HappyNewYear2019?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#HappyNewYear2019</a> <a href="https://t.co/7g3yEiiKHM">pic.twitter.com/7g3yEiiKHM</a></p>&mdash; Lando Norris (@LandoNorris) <a href="">December 31, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report
Qualifying - P2
My best lap was a PB, so couldn't really ask for too much more.

Feature Race - P3
Managed to survive the start and was keeping up with Ash for the first couple of laps. Then my tyres started dropping off so I dropped back. I pitted on lap 8 for aother set of softs. A few laps later, Ash pitted and I ended up actually getting past him as he came out. We had a good battle for a couple of laps but I was losing so much time I gave it up eventually. That battle sort of messed up my rhythm and my tyres were shot which allowed Sylar to catch up by the end of the stint. I decided to go on mediums for the last stint and just bring the car home safely rather than risk going off and in the end it was P3.

Sprint Race - P2
Even by our standards, this sprint race was crazy, I was basically in a battle all the way through. Had a good battle with Alex at the end of the first stint and Rob kept me sweating all the way through the second stint, one mistake and he would've had me. P2 was probably the best I could hope for.

Congrats to @Ashracer2011 on the wins and well done to @Wobbuffet and @1.MSC on their podiums.

Highlights

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Am I right, there is a tier winner in each tier? But anyone who gets put up into tier 1 gets more points and still may get moved back down to tier 2 bringing the extra points gained with them? or the other way about.
Surely that cannot work. e.g (my team mate so happy he has points) Defiant gets 59 points for 9th place in tier 1 and I get 55 for a win in tier 2.

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Am I right, there is a tier winner in each tier? But anyone who gets put up into tier 1 gets more points and still may get moved back down to tier 2 bringing the extra points gained with them? or the other way about.
Surely that cannot work. e.g (my team mate so happy he has points) Defiant gets 59 points for 9th place in tier 1 and I get 55 for a win in tier 2.
It works on a linear basis, e.g

P1-P16 (Race Room 1 ‘Elite’): 80 73 70 67 65 63 61 59 57 56 55 54 53 52 51 50

P17-P32 (Race Room 2 ‘Pro’): 55 48 45 42 40 38 36 34 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25

P33-P48 (Race Room 3 ‘Semi-Pro’): 30 23 20 17 15 13 11 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

all that information is available in the "League INFO" post - https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt-sport-league-season-4-gr-4-gt4-league-info.50918/

I think the idea is that anyone in "Room 1" shouldn't be losing points to "Room 2", as the winner/consistent top finishers of Room 2 will get moved up to Room 1 and wouldn't like to be finishing 9th and receiving less points than they would if they won in Room 2. Hope that helps answer your question.

Reactions: Delaney

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
It works on a linear basis, e.g

all that information is available in the "League INFO" post - https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-gt-sport-league-season-4-gr-4-gt4-league-info.50918/

I think the idea is that anyone in "Room 1" shouldn't be losing points to "Room 2", as the winner/consistent top finishers of Room 2 will get moved up to Room 1 and wouldn't like to be finishing 9th and receiving less points than they would if they won in Room 2. Hope that helps answer your question.

That cannot work, can it? anyone who get promoted RR1 and then drops back to RR2 has a major points advantage??

Last edited:

SEAN-GBR

Formula Karter
May 14, 2018
That cannot work, can it? anyone who get promoted RR1 and then drops back to RR2 has a major points advantage??
Im not a fan of this system but Its expected that if you get promoted from RR2 that you will be near the back of the grid in RR1 (points range mid 50,s) so not too different, my question is do we have two championships? Would be unfair to promote someone running for the lower championship or drop someone from the back RR1 to take the lead of the RR2 Championship (if there is one?)

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Im not a fan of this system but Its expected that if you get promoted from RR2 that you will be near the back of the grid in RR1 (points range mid 50,s) so not too different, my question is do we have two championships? Would be unfair to promote someone running for the lower championship or drop someone from the back RR1 to take the lead of the RR2 Championship (if there is one?)
Thats my point i was under the impression that there would be a winner in each tier? If not then there seems little point in continuing

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Thats my point i was under the impression that there would be a winner in each tier? If not then there seems little point in continuing
@Delaney @BL99DY-NINE @Hasnain can surely answer you as this is the system they have come up with...

I'd hope that there will be a champion of both "rooms", for the sake of everyone competing in room 2 for some equality, not sure how it works with anyone who goes to room 1 however from room 2 or vise-versa.

I guess the count back would be based on which room you scored the majority of your points in through the season, but yes I agree with that point it is not as clear as it could be on this matter.

If that was the attitude of everyone then whats the point in turning your PlayStation on?!? Theirs guys who don't get the chance of a podium even but enjoy the racing and being part of something.

You might think yes that's easy to say when your winning, the fact is in the previous two seasons before season 3 I didn't get a win and was lucky to claim a podium, but I didn't quit because it wasn't going my way.

At the end of the day @Delaney @BL99DY-NINE @Hasnain work very hard in there own free time to provide the resources and take care of the details to run a league for people to join for free, this is NOT a dig at you but a statement like that if you feel so strongly to say it, "Theirs no point continuing" perhaps you need to re-evaluate your participation in these types of things before you sign up.

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
@Delaney @BL99DY-NINE @Hasnain can surely answer you as this is the system they have come up with...

I'd hope that there will be a champion of both "rooms", for the sake of everyone competing in room 2 for some equality, not sure how it works with anyone who goes to room 1 however from room 2 or vise-versa.

I guess the count back would be based on which room you scored the majority of your points in through the season, but yes I agree with that point it is not as clear as it could be on this matter.

If that was the attitude of everyone then whats the point in turning your PlayStation on?!? Theirs guys who don't get the chance of a podium even but enjoy the racing and being part of something.

You might think yes that's easy to say when your winning, the fact is in the previous two seasons before season 3 I didn't get a win and was lucky to claim a podium, but I didn't quit because it wasn't going my way.

At the end of the day @Delaney @BL99DY-NINE @Hasnain work very hard in there own free time to provide the resources and take care of the details to run a league for people to join for free, this is NOT a dig at you but a statement like that if you feel so strongly to say it, "Theirs no point continuing" perhaps you need to re-evaluate your participation in these types of things before you sign up.
I have been sim racing since it was invented.... I have lost count of the races I have competed in and I don't win very often.

The whole point to racing is a desire to win! or try...... I am a "racer" not a "taking part is what counts snowflake" So I have nothing to evaluate

LukeEtheridge95

Formula Karter
Sep 29, 2018
It would be nice if there was a champion for each room, but probably difficult to implement due to people being promoted/relegated race by race. Wouldn’t be fair on those who are fastest in Room 2 when they get moved up to Room 1.

I’m enjoying it so far, despite not having the pace to challenge near the front. Just hoping to hang on to my Room 1 spot for as long as possible.

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I have been sim racing since it was invented.... I have lost count of the races I have competed in and I don't win very often.

The whole point to racing is a desire to win! or try...... I am a "racer" not a "taking part is what counts snowflake" So I have nothing to evaluate

Congratulations on being around for the big bang, how did it all start again? You should know better to choose your words more precisely then making silly comments. :coffee:(y) I've got a puppet frog and a cup of tea to go meet.;)

Need i say anymore? https://apexonlineracing.com/commun...t-league-season-4-gr-4-gt4-league-info.50918/

Points System

If there are less than 20 drivers (16 + 4 reserves) everyone will compete in Race Room 1 and P1 will be worth 80 points, P2 will be worth 73 points etc., etc. If there are more than 20 drivers we will split into two Race Rooms, each with their own dedicated coordinator, with the first half going to Race Room 1 (aka Elite) and the other half will going to Race Room 2 (Pro) where P1 will be worth 55 points, P2 worth 48 points etc., etc. Should we be fortunate enough to exceed 30+ sign ups a third race room would be created (Semi-Pro) and P1 would be worth 30 points and P2 worth 23 points etc., etc.

All rooms will award one (1) additional point for Pole Position and for fastest lap during the race.

At the end of the season a champion from each tier will be crowned determined by the championship points acquired from a driver’s best seven (7) results out of the eight (8) rounds that we will be running this season.

I think its safe to say if you've competed more in "Room 1" races you'll be classified as a "Room 1" driver.

If you've finished more races in "Room 2" you'll be classified as a "Room 2" driver.

Otherwise I might miss a week to go to room 2 just so I have the chance of a Quadruple championship with @1.MSC - Tier 1 Drivers and Team & Tier 2 Drivers and Teams :eek:
thoughts @Delaney ?

And for everything else there's MasterCard or Monty Python....

Last edited:
  • Burn
Reactions: Manx57 and Delaney

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Race report

Feature:
Qualy - 3rd: Put in a solid banker lap but couldn't fully hook a very good lap up when it mattered, I had a 1:27.6 optimum but ended up with just a 1:28.4 which put me just behind Hasnain - I was a bit frustrated.

Race - 2nd: Had a opening stint from hell got mugged for 3rd by Martyn on the opening lap then couldn't find a way past then a couple laps later I balls'd up T4 and that allow Alex by for 4th.
Took a lap to get back past Alex then got stuck behind Martyn again then finally on Lap 6 I had a chance to pass him at T1 but my car's rear slide out and bumped him wide, so I did the right thing as I was at fault and waited for him.

I did pass him properly shortly afterwards and then unsurprisingly on the next lap I went into the 29's for the first time on 7 lap old softs, I pitted a lap later and after the first phase of stops was complete I had done enough to be back in 3rd with no traffic, the 2nd stint went great - I had a 10 second gap to Ash & Hasnain & I started to reel them in pretty quick obviously Ash didn't fancy waiting for me as he got past Hasnain and then bolted off into the distance lol.

Anyway I did eventually catch Hasnain and we both pitted for the last time, but I managed to jump him in the pits which was a big bonus so upto 2nd and I had a 11 second gap to Ash once he pitted I had a couple average laps and he increased his lead more, so with 6 laps left I decided to not take any risks and reduce my pace but still run fast enough to increase my gap to @Hasnain behind which I did.

Sprint: 6th

First 3 laps went perfect but then it all went tits up, feeling like superman after pulling off a 3 wide pass on Ash & defiant at T2 the lap before, I foolishly tried to go around the outside of Alex at T1 despite not really being properly alongside, unsurprisingly I took a trip to the gravel and all my hard work I had done up to that point was pissed away. somehow after everyone had made there stops I was back upto 5th which quickly became 4th as I did pass Alex after a good exit at T4, I then set my sights on Hasnain and Rob battling for 2nd I was catching them pretty quick and was about to join the battle when I went slightly wide before the 2nd last turn.

But once again I didn't learn my lesson as at the last corner despite knowing that my left side tyres were still dirty I took to much speed for the grip they actually had and just ran a tad wide on to the grass and that was all it took as I ended up in the gravel again (@Rodgerzzz tried to follow me out of sympathy but thankfully avoided me) I quickly recovered but was just passed by @Martynvr (*sigh) for the next few laps I just couldn't find a way past and then I bumped him at the last turn because he broke earlier then I expected, once again I waited and this allow Tubby to now be on my rear, as I was getting towards the end of the next lap I realised it was the last lap so with only a few corners to go I felt the only chance to pass Martyn was with a great exit on the final corner and I pull it off perfectly however unlike previous laps had a good exit from the last corner unfortunately for me he was just able to hang on.

Looking back on that night 2nd on the feature was more then I expected after the opening stint so I was very happy & satisfied, but the Sprint - in a way I don't regret going for that move at T1, I felt at the time it was crucial to stay ahead of Ash and if I wanted to win the race I needed to go on the all out offensive, though once I did go off I really should have made sure I didn't do it again, at worst I should have brought home 4th, but before my 2nd trip to the gravel I still felt like I could have got a podium and maybe even 2nd but it didn't happen.

So congrats to @Ashracer2011 once again on a great performance that night winning the double, Hasnain on a double podium and @1.MSC on getting a podium. (that was probably one of the best drives I've seen you do since I been racing in S2 or S4 with you)(y)

Looking ahead I need to get better results then 2nd & 6th when Ash wins both races, when that happening I need to be finishing 2nd in both because even though we're only 2 rounds in, he is starting to build a good points advantage in the championship already.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I think its safe to say if you've competed more in "Room 1" races you'll be classified as a "Room 1" driver.

If you've finished more races in "Room 2" you'll be classified as a "Room 2" driver.

Otherwise I might miss a week to go to room 2 just so I have the chance of a Quadruple championship with @1.MSC - Tier 1 Drivers and Team & Tier 2 Drivers and Teams :eek:
thoughts @Delaney ?
Are you trying to open a even bigger can of worms, don't complicate things even more lol.
Well you know my thoughts in the other race thread we'll save this massive argument to come for that thread I think.
:LOL:
Your a joker bruv, a JOKERRRRRRRR!!!
(I'm guessing you have a mastercard by the way or are you sponsored by them?;))

Reactions: Manx57

Manx57

F1 Race Winner
Mar 9, 2016
Congratulations on being around for the big bang, how did it all start again? You should know better to choose your words more precisely then making silly comments. :coffee:(y) I've got a puppet frog and a cup of tea to go meet.;)

Need i say anymore? https://apexonlineracing.com/commun...t-league-season-4-gr-4-gt4-league-info.50918/

Points System

If there are less than 20 drivers (16 + 4 reserves) everyone will compete in Race Room 1 and P1 will be worth 80 points, P2 will be worth 73 points etc., etc. If there are more than 20 drivers we will split into two Race Rooms, each with their own dedicated coordinator, with the first half going to Race Room 1 (aka Elite) and the other half will going to Race Room 2 (Pro) where P1 will be worth 55 points, P2 worth 48 points etc., etc. Should we be fortunate enough to exceed 30+ sign ups a third race room would be created (Semi-Pro) and P1 would be worth 30 points and P2 worth 23 points etc., etc.

All rooms will award one (1) additional point for Pole Position and for fastest lap during the race.

At the end of the season a champion from each tier will be crowned determined by the championship points acquired from a driver’s best seven (7) results out of the eight (8) rounds that we will be running this season.

thoughts @Delaney ?

Just because I gave my feelings on the matter, if you like I will go back to Project Cars were there are more than 6 in a race and there are winners to :(

• Faff
Reactions: Ashracer2011

Rodgerzzz

Formula Karter
Jul 4, 2015
Jesus what's going on here :LOL:

Anyway I had a lovely time in the WRX although tire life continues to be a struggle. There was plenty of eventful moments in T1; Tubby, Shadow & Marty in particular, but some great battling throughout aswell. I was surprised to qualify 4th, then to get a 5th and a 4th in the two races meant a decent points haul. Looking forward to this Thursday!

Hasnain

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
As Ash pointed there will be a winner in each tier, it should hopefully be more clear by the time we get to the final race.

Everyone wants to win, but for some people the need to win is greater than others. We all have our own reasons to race and I ask you all to respect that.

Anyway I had a lovely time in the WRX although tire life continues to be a struggle. There was plenty of eventful moments in T1; Tubby, Shadow & Marty in particular, but some great battling throughout aswell. I was surprised to qualify 4th, then to get a 5th and a 4th in the two races meant a decent points haul. Looking forward to this Thursday!
Seems like you're getting a good hang of the car now, can see you challenging closer and closer to the front as the season goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.